Have you remembered when you were a child and you wanted to become an astronaut or a doctor?
Everybody had their dreams in childhood, but nowadays, children are saying, “I want to be a vlogger!”
It is not a surprise as we are living in a wholly digital world, where filming yourself in the streets and uploading it to YouTube is similar to drinking a cup of tea.
It is great that you are reading this article because you are going to find out what are the best vlogging cameras for kids and how to choose it right.
Here‘s the deal:
Vlogging is not a bad hobby at all, so children can do it also under parental control, of course. Furthermore, you could earn some decent income if YouTube and vlogging become your job.
For instance, there is Ryan Kaji who has over 30 million subscribers for just unboxing toys.
Sounds crazy, right?
But first of all, your child needs the best video camera that could be suitable for messy vlogging.
So let‘s go!
Table of Contents
- Best Vlogging Cameras for Kids
- Joytrip Kids Video Camera – Best Vlogging Camera for Kids Age 3+
- AKAMATE Kids Action Camera – Best Action Camera for Kids Age 5+
- Fujifilm FinePix XP140 – Best Vlogging Camera for Kids Age 10+
- Sony ZV-1 – Best Vlogging and YouTube Videos Camera for Teenagers
- Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder – Budget-Friendly Camcorder For a Teenager Vlogger
- How to Buy a Best Vlogging Camera for a Kid?
- All in All
Best Vlogging Cameras for Kids
We are giving you a shortlist of the top 5 best vlogging cameras that young teens and most kids like, and each of them is saying for what age the device is suitable the most.
Also, we also wrote a quick Buyer’s Guide at the end of this article, to make it easier for you to choose the best camera for your kid.
|Name||Megapixels||Video Resolution||Age (Years)||Check|
Joytrip Kids Video Camera – Best Vlogging Camera for Kids Age 3+
The Joytrip kids video camera is a fun and playful way to introduce your child to a vlogging or YouTuber career.
Entirely suitable to use for 3+ year olds, the Joytrip is a small-sized kids video camera that is comfortable to hold even with tiny little hands.
Completely covered with silicon material and has no screws. The first vlogging camera is pretty safe for the youngest kids who usually put things in their mouths.
Also, the silicone case covers the whole device to protect it when the child drops the camera (which can happen quite a lot). It also comes in bright and joyful blue and pink colors, suitable for both girls and boys.
👉 Now let’s talk about some digital camera features:
- The digital camera has 8 MP, which is totally enough for a child to take great photos. FHD 1080p resolution allows for filming great quality vlogs. Really great!
- Also, transferring the files from the video camera to a PC is easy, thanks to the USB port. Besides, you can put many fun frames on the pictures, add borders and silly e-stickers to the photos as well as change the filters straight on the camera.
- Another feature is the possibility of switching between traditional pictures to selfie mode and vice versa which is easy as learning ABC.
- You will also love the built-in battery as your kid will only plug it in to charge it which saves you any expenses for extra batteries.
- What’s more is that the camera has few buttons, making it easy to navigate.
- However, the video camera has no internal storage and requires you to buy a micro SD to take any photos. Also, you have to remove the card every time you transfer the images to your computer which makes it prone to getting damaged or lost.
- There is no flash in the camera which is an issue for some people. Still, the video camera doesn’t have enough shutter speed to get a decent photo especially when your kid doesn’t hold very still while capturing an image.
All in all, the Joytrip Kids camera is perfectly okay for 3 to 10-year-old kids making it our top choice for the best vlogging camera for kids.
- Silicone case which can protect the camera when it is being dropped
- 8 MP and FHD 1080p video quality
- Large LCD screen (2.3 inches)
- Bright and playful color options
- Small and comfortable size for a child to hold it
- The battery allows the child to shoot from 4 to 6 hours on a full charge
- The Joytrip kids camera doesn’t come with a memory card
- The video camera has no flash
- Not enough shutter speed
The Joytrip is one of the best kids video cameras, which is a really great option even for the little ones as a first camera for kids to start capturing their memories. It is not a high-end DSLR, but it is more than enough for a child. Great value.
AKAMATE Kids Action Camera – Best Action Camera for Kids Age 5+
Impressively solid, the action-type kids video camera comes packed with a nice little protective case that keeps all the accessories together.
The case makes it really easy to travel anywhere with the camera.
As for the picture quality, it is okay when compared to the price and it’s purposely made for kids.
With that said, the camera is great for outdoor activities especially pool parties, beach games, snowboarding, or even snorkeling.
👉 Now let’s talk about the AKAMATE Kids Action Camera features:
- It shoots excellent HD videos at an estimated 90 minutes of 1080p and takes pictures with 5 MP image resolution. Though the 5 MP is enough considering that this is an action-type camera for kids.
- The camera comes with a waterproof case thus enabling your child to film adventures underwater. However, the camera’s buttons aren’t so sensitive when in the case, therefore, you need to push very hard to make them responsive.
- It comes with different types of accessories like the normal action camera does: bike mounts, neck-straps cases, etc. All this enables you to boldly shoot regular homemade videos or vlogs.
- Built-in rechargeable battery which is charged using a USB cord connected to a computer or you can use a USB charging adapter. To know if the battery is charging keep an eye on the red LED light that is on when charging and off when not.
- Even better it comes with a 32GB memory card. Keep in mind you need to format the memory card before using it. This is done by just inserting the card in the camera, going to the setting menu and selecting the format card option.
- Easily transfers photos and videos into your computer using a USB cable. Nonetheless, I would recommend getting a card reader for faster transfer since its takes longer to transfer a full memory card using the micro USB.
- The three different games are simple to play but may bore kids after a while especially those used to touchscreen devices.
- Full HD 1080p video quality
- Has 3 different kinds of games inside that your child can play
- With a case, the camera is able to film underwater
- Long-lasting battery (180 minutes of continuous recording)
- Nice mounting features
- Great price
- Need to install an SD card before use
- The display is not a touchscreen
- No digital zoom
Overall, it is a great action vlogging camera for kids which can be a perfect gift for your child. With the ability to film everywhere, even underwater, your kid will want to stay outdoors for much longer.
Fujifilm FinePix XP140 – Best Vlogging Camera for Kids Age 10+
This digital video camera for kids is fully suitable to be used by 10-year-olds.
An authentic compact video camera that can withstand a depth of 25 meters. The Fujifilm FinePix XP140 operates at a freezing temperature of -10C and can be dropped from a height of 1.8 meters.
The ideal vlogging camera for kids, the XP140 is manageable due to its rigid design dustproof, waterproof and shockproof features. In addition, the intuitive and user-friendly controls make it easy for any kid to operate the camera.
Equipped with additional features from its previous model, the XP140 has face auto self-timer mode, Monochrome filters; and a maximum sensitivity of ISO 12800.
Unfortunately, the camera has its downsides especially when it comes to the image quality, autofocus, and even not allowing shooting in RAW format.
But all in all, the camera has an incredibly ergonomic design that is not only loved by kids but as well as adults.
👉 Main features of the digital camera:
- Although the Fujifilm has a 16-megapixel BSI-CMOS sensor with a 5X optical zoom, the image quality is barely acceptable in good light at wide angles thus making it difficult to use indoors.
- The Fujifilm FinePix XP 140 has a headline feature of a 4K video mode waterproof camera. This feature can only be used with a maximum of 15fps frame rate making it a downer as you cannot use it to capture intense action footage. On the bright side, the camera can still record videos at 1080 resolution at 60p which is good for its price range.
- If your kid loves filming underwater, the video quality is really good as long as you stay near the surface on a sunny day or the water is clear.
- The microphone is a disappointment since it’s not very clear in a crowded place forcing you to yell at the camera most of the time when shooting videos.
- There is no cap for the lens. Although the lens has a protective clear lens over it, it is still possible for the lens to be scratched or damaged easily.
- Battery life is short especially when shooting videos. That said, you can carry extra ones which you can from Amazon at roughly $15.
- Photos and video footage can be shared with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. This camera for kids may also be able to connect your smartphone and camera through Fujifilm apps. The Bluetooth connectivity, on the other hand, may enable your camera to connect to an Instax printer to produce instant photos of your family adventures.
- The display is a bit dim thus making it difficult to see when sunny or when wearing polarized sunglasses.
- The color availability of Fujifilm FinePix XP140 is very eye-catchy for kids because it comes in a variety of Lime, Yellow, Graphite, and Skyblue colors.
- Amazing design and coloring
- Waterproof to 25 m (82 ft)
- Suitable for 10-year-olds
- Ergonomic layout
- Super friendly to use
- Not recommended for under 10-year-old kids
- Struggles with close-ups subjects
- No caps in the camera lens
- No SD card
Taking everything into account from the tough design and features of the Fujifilm FinePix XP140, this camera is the perfect Christmas or Birthday gift for your child. Highly recommended vlogging camera for kids in their 10+ years, the camera will definitely help your child develop their photography and vlogging skills. Keep in mind that it is a shockproof and waterproof camera so you don't need to worry that your kid will destroy it.
Sony ZV-1 – Best Vlogging and YouTube Videos Camera for Teenagers
Do you have an aspiring teenage vlogger in your home?
Then get them the Sony ZV-1.
Really good starter camera for vlogging based on all provided features, the digital camera is perfect for young teens since they are more responsible around smart devices.
In general, it is one of the best vlogging cameras with a flip screen that is very easy to use for beginners as well.
Small enough to carry inside a pocket or a bag pack; the ZV-1 has a handgrip that is comfortable enough to use especially for small-handed teenagers.
Nevertheless, for anyone else with larger hands you can purchase an extra tripod for a camera.
Here’s the deal:
Known to record videos 4K, the ZV-1 delivers amazing videos. Though it’s wise to invest in a good memory card with high record speed to be able to use the 4K recording to its maximum.
To our mind, if your teenage kid loves vlogging and filming, this digital camera might be the best gift for him!
👉 Now let’s talk about the Sony ZV-1 features:
- It delivers a great 20.1 MP quality with a 1-inch sensor and fixed 24-70mm f/1.8-2.8mm lens with Sony‘s Real-time tracking and Real-time Eye AF systems.
- It has autofocus making it easy to operate as your teenager doesn’t need to know all the technical things like which ISO, shutter speed, or aperture to choose.
- The camera has a flip screen that makes it easy for the kids to monitor themselves while recording. However, the software that comes with it is limited to editing videos.
- Lenses are built-in which is not so bad since the camera is only for your teenage boy or girl. However, if the lens gets scratched or accidentally cracks you will need to buy a new camera altogether.
- The camera has no flash which isn’t a big deal if your kid is into vlogging or YouTubing. Nonetheless, in case they are purely fascinated by photography then it’s better to invest in a photography camera.
- Awful tripod mounting and dismounting when changing the battery. Therefore, forces the user to remove the tripod mount in case you need to change the battery.
- The battery isn’t the best, especially when shooting for long sessions. Still, it’s possible to charge it using the Sony BC-TRX charger which unfortunately requires you to purchase separately. However, if you don’t have a charger, you can charge the camera via a USB cable from your laptop.
- It is very comfortable and easy to use. Moreover, it has an LCD touchscreen that can be easily flipped in front of you, and it is the crucial feature that makes vloggers’ life even easier. And without a doubt, Sony ZV-1 offers 4K video quality at 30fps and 1080 at 120fps video quality!
- Compactable, lightweight and sleek body design makes it comfortable to use
- Offers a 4K video quality and image shooting with a 20.1 MP quality
- Suitable to be the first digital camera for a teenager
- Flip screen
- It has autofocus
- Lacks an electronic viewfinder
- No camera flash
- Limited battery life
- Limited touch features
- The lens isn’t wide enough
If it’s been a couple of years since you bought your kid a camera, then it’s time to upgrade to a more improved version. Well, what’s better than the Sony ZV-1? This is the best video camera for vlogging based on all provided features.
Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder – Budget-Friendly Camcorder For a Teenager Vlogger
One of the cheapest camcorders from Canon that record videos in Full HD 1080p.
Also, a 57x zoom lens can capture tiny little detail without putting the camcorder in front of the object.
However, this device is not very attractive, and the design is not very sleek and smooth as the battery feels quite bulky on the back of the video camera.
Anyway, be sure this is a high-quality and affordable camcorder worth the price.
👉 Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder features:
- Your kids will be very pleased with its 180 degrees layout and its 90 degrees face down since it enables you to shoot at different angles.
- The VIXIA HF R800 has a clean mini HDMI output thus giving you the option of plugging the video camera into your TV.
- The Canon HF-R800 camcorder has one of the most massive zoom lenses in the camcorder market. With the ability to zoom 57 xs, video quality is not shaky.
- It offers little to no noise distortion while filming. Of course, this will depend on your location; if you are filming indoors (with outside traffic) you’re likely not going to hear a thing unlike when filming outside your house.
- The camcorder shoots up to 1920×1080@60fps on a CMOS sensor and uses the widely compatible H.264 video format. It is great if you want to shoot and upload a video without having to convert it first from a .mov file.
- The camcorder is made with hard plastic and whiles it’s not high-end like DSLR or other digital cameras, it certainly doesn’t feel cheap either.
- The battery life is decent though you can use the video camera while plugged into the socket wall which is nice for indoor use.
- It comes with an external microphone port. Unfortunately, the mic port is not powered therefore requiring the microphone to have its own power. So, that means you need to purchase a powered external microphone.
- Another great feature is the touchscreen. Although you should ensure your teenager doesn’t have large fingers as it becomes difficult to navigate the menus on the screen.
- There is no cold shoe; therefore for easier use of the camera, you need to create a rig for it using mounting brackets depending on your set-up.
- Has an attached hand strap which makes it more secure and comfortable to hold the camera
- The optical image stabilization feature helps to shoot smooth videos even when zoomed 57x
- Record videos in Full HD
- Compact and easy to set up
- Doesn’t have Wi-Fi
- When shooting in low light, the quality can get worse
- There is no internal memory
- The battery sticks out and feels bulky
The Canon HF R800 is a great camcorder for a teenager vlogging. If you are looking for a comfortable and great camcorder with great video quality and the ability to zoom without any shaking - this device is one might be the best video camera for kids and teens.
How to Buy a Best Vlogging Camera for a Kid?
Now that you may have an idea of which vlogging camera to buy for your child, we give you some of the main criteria that are useful to follow when buying a camera.
You need to consider what type of vlogging camera is most suitable for a specific type of age and what type of features you are looking for.
Here are some of the criteria and tips that you can follow before purchasing any type of vlogging camera for a kid.
These should be the most important criteria which you need to follow before buying any type of smart device.
That’s because a 3-year-old will handle a camera very differently than a 10-year-old will. That’s why we kindly request you to check the above reviews for the best camera for your child’s age.
For instance, as mentioned in the review cameras meant for little ones have a shockproof feature, as well as dust and water protection features which may lack in digital cameras meant for teenagers.
Children have smaller hands and slower reflexes. So any type of device, including a camera, should be durable and made out of sturdy and strong materials.
Somehow kids are more intent on breaking things than adults.
So, when you are looking for the best vlogging camera for your young ones, ensure it is well equipped to withstand any minor or major damages.
No matter the age of your child, it is important to buy them a camera that is easy to use and handle.
For instance, cameras meant for younger kids have a very easy navigation menu and only a few buttons. While for teenagers, digital cameras are more likely to have more functions and buttons.
Another important factor to consider before buying a vlogging camera for your kid is the quality.
Young kids don’t really care about the highest quality of the pictures or crispiness. Clear videos all they want is to have fun capturing them.
However, when it comes to teenagers – they are more into honing their vlogging skills than just having fun therefore making them more concerned with the quality of the camera.
All in All
Finding the best vlogging camera for kids can be a challenging part for any parent due to the many factors to consider.
Since children are more likely to break, drop or get bored easily using a camera, make sure you invest in the best digital camera according to their age bracket.
Keep in mind, that apart from encouraging them to go after their dream, the camera will enable them to capture some great moments of their lives.