TOP 5 Best Waterproof Vlogging Cameras
Vloggers love shooting videos from the most amazing places in the world. By creating these beautiful videos usually, people go underwater to get some beautiful shots as well.
If you would like to add this element into your vlog as well, we recommend you check this list about the best waterproof vlogging cameras.
Here’s the deal:
In this article, I want to share my TOP 5 BEST WATERPROOF VLOGGING CAMERAS that will change the way of vlogging experience.
If you are wondering about being a professional vlogger, you have to put a waterproof vlogging camera into your vlogging equipment.
Without having an exploration through the internet for thousands of waterproof vlogging cameras. As a result, we found the 5 waterproof vlogging cameras – tested and reviewed – enjoy!.
Table of Contents
- Best Waterproof Vlogging Cameras in 2020
- 1. GoPro Hero 8 Black – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera in 2020 🏆
- 2. Olympus TG-6 – Most Rugged Waterproof Vlogging Camera
- 3. GoPro Hero 7 Black – Great Waterproof YouTube Camera [Cheaper Version]
- 4. Nikon W300 – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera for Deep Divers
- 5. Fujifilm FinePix XP80 – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera for Kids
- Final Word:
Best Waterproof Vlogging Cameras in 2020
All listed waterproof vlogging cameras were tested by vlogtribe.com editors.
GoPro Hero 8 Black - Editor's Choice
1. GoPro Hero 8 Black – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera in 2020 🏆
Every new year GoPro releases the brand new edition of GoPro Hero camera. This year we were waiting for the new version and finally, we got the best waterproof and action vlogging camera in the one device.
To be honest, I have already bought this camera and it is amazing, let’s see why:
First of all, the price is really budget-friendly. If you don’t have a massive budget for vlogging camera you can buy GoPro Hero 8 Black just less than $400.
Overall it is a really amazing camera for every type of vlog, but the question is what are the main differences between the new GoPro Hero 8 Black and the older 7 version?
|GoPro HERO8 Black - Waterproof Action Camera with Touch Screen 4K Ultra HD Video 12MP Photos 1080p...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Well, it has everything that GoPro Hero 7 Black can offer to you plus:
- HyperSmooth 2.0 – this feature is super helpful for divers or action vloggers in general. HyperSmooth 2.0 brings even more shooting stabilization than the older version which was claimed the best “on-camera” video stabilization available. Needless to say that for action camera the good shoot stabilization is a must because you probably won’t have much room to set and think about video or image composition.
- TimeWarp 2.0 – That’s a great feature, especially if you want to follow the process and take photos of it by intervals. A lot of driving enthusiasts like to take shots of underwater life. This feature makes even simpler – it uses the in-built accelerometer and adds even more frames on shooting.
- Video Updates – GoPro Hero 8 Black added the new digital lens – “Narrow”. With this update, you will be able to shoot even more amazing 2.7K or 4K resolution shoots. Off-course you make sure that you have enough memory in your camera.
Here’s the deal:
With the new GoPro version Livestream feeds could be directly sent to Facebook, YouTube, IG or to any other streaming platform in FULL HD quality!
How about a waterproof design?
Yes, it has a waterproof design. Like the older models, it is waterproof to 33ft (10m).
Anyway, if you are a deep diver, I would strongly recommend buying an additional waterproof case for this camera. It will increase the waterproof level down to 196ft (60m), sounds great, right? You can check it here.
You might be wondering:
Should I upgrade and buy the new GoPro Hero Black 8 version?
- The waterproof camera without any case to 33ft (10m)
- The new HyperSmooth 2.0 update
- TimeWarp 2.0 update
- Practical for using it every single day
- Great sound quality
- Live streaming in FULL HD quality
- 4K video resolution
- Everyone is waiting until GoPro updates and increases the waterproof level without extra housing.
I can’t say any bad word about GoPro Hero 8 Black. Actually, if you are looking for a new vlogging camera to make shoots underwater or elsewhere - this should be your choice. If you are considering the camera upgrade, it depends on your content, criteria and vlogging goals. All in all GoPro Hero 8 Black is the best waterproof vlogging camera in 2020.
2. Olympus TG-6 – Most Rugged Waterproof Vlogging Camera
Olympus TG-6 definitely must be in this best waterproof vlogging cameras list.
First of all, the older version of this camera was named the “Best Rugged Camera in 2017“.
The new model is even better!
The fact is that you can take this camera with yourself and take a shot even in the most dangerous and rugged environments. Viewers love that type vlogs!
This camera perfectly works even in low light areas by using specialized image sensors and dual-quad TruePic VIII processor, which increase the quality of the photo even in unclaimed and dark places.
Moreover, Olympus TG-5 has a blazing-fast lens which was made, as I mentioned, for capturing your adventures in most beautiful places on the earth and underwater as well.
As a matter of fact, it has a pretty good camera as well: Ultra HD 4K or FULL HD with 120fps videos, 12-megapixel BSI CMOS sensors, and F2.0 lenses. These features will let you shooting spectacular videos and photos.
- High-Speed F2.0 Wide Angle Lens
- Action track sensors
- Good stabilization
- Very tough design
- GPS tracking
- Good photo quality
- Could be an expensive choice for a beginner
- Battery life is above average
It is one of the best waterproof vlogging cameras the market in 2020. Outstanding quality of shooting videos and taking a photo in any place at any time. On the other hand, to my mind, despite a lot of amazing features, it is too expensive in comparison with compact cameras. But if you are vlogger who is searching for a reliable, rugged camera, it’s definitely good choice.
3. GoPro Hero 7 Black – Great Waterproof YouTube Camera [Cheaper Version]
GoPro Hero 7 Black was the best waterproof vlogging camera for a long time until GoPro Hero 8 Black was released.
Anyway if you want to save additional bucks – this choice is also perfect!
Here’s the deal:
First of all, this camera has an insanely smooth video also, and it doesn’t even matter what kind of area you are filming your vlog!
|GoPro HERO7 Black — Waterproof Action Camera with Touch Screen 4K Ultra HD Video 12MP Photos 720p...||CHECK THE PRICE|
In general, the new camera from GoPro has an amazing value for money in comparison with a lot of waterproof cameras.
GoPro Hero 7 Black isn’t much expensive than the older version – GoPro Hero 6 Black, but it has more promising features:
- Electronic Image Stabilization System – Hypersmooth. This feature helps you to make various shoots in the same condition without a gimbal. It means that vlogging becomes, even more, easier anywhere – underwater or in other extreme conditions.
- Another fantastic feature of this camera – live stream feature. Like in the new version, you can easily stream your videos live to Facebook or even on YouTube.
This camera doesn’t have a significant difference which might change your vlogging content so much – but according to the price and if you are looking for a new waterproof vlogging camera for a great price – GoPro Hero 7 Black is highly recommended by us!
Needless to say that, technologies are moving on and companies try to build better products as well every single, but it doesn’t mean that the new version (GoPro Hero 7 Black) is better 10x times than older Hero 6.
At first sight GoPro Hero 7 Black device has the same 4K camera for videos and 12 MP camera for Single, Burst, and Time Lapse modes. Is it sounds similar to GoPro Hero 6 Black? Well, not really.
GoPro Hero 7 added even more new features in its camera as well:
- GoPro Hero 7 Black capable of making a shot of 240 FPS (GoPro Hero 6 Black – 120 FPS), plus these models add an extra 8x Super Slow-mo feature that slows your footage more than ever before.
- Audio capture is also have been improved – special thanks to a redesigned microphone membrane.
- Also, GoPro Hero 7 Black is available to make vertical shots. This feature helps a lot for people who are passionate about Instagram stories.
Your choice depends on your vlogging experience and knowledge about cameras, etc. First of all, ask yourself do you need better-advanced stabilization for shooting extreme videos, faster connectivity through your phone and all in all 2x better performance for $100 more? I would say so.
- Like all GoPro cameras, this is the waterproof without any case to 33ft (10m)
- Good image quality
- It has a great sound quality
- Perfect video quality
- Live streaming adds a new way to “share”
- No real battery improvement
- Minor hardware improvements for upgraders
I have already mentioned - this is a super good camera for action and underwater vlogging. Of course, it lacks some of the features which are in the new model, but in overall - if you don't want to spend more money, GoPro Hero 7 Black is more than enough for amazing shoots.
4. Nikon W300 – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera for Deep Divers
Moreover, it was made with a hard plastic body which, literally, makes this camera one of the most rugged, waterproof vlogging cameras in the world.
With this camera, you can capture footage in various places with different conditions because it has perfect protection from the harsh environment.
|Nikon W300 Waterproof Underwater Digital Camera with TFT LCD, 3", Orange (26524)||CHECK THE PRICE|
Nikon W300 has a 16-megapixel camera that performs quite well in decent light or daylight. Moreover, it is protected with added GPS to track camera location in case of losing it while you will be shooting your adventures underwater or somewhere else with a 4K video recording feature.
To make your life easier creators also added footage transferring features from the camera to your phone automatically. Basically, if you will break down the camera photos will be sent protected on your phone. But in general, you have to show some effort if you want to break down this camera.
This camera is the perfect choice for vloggers who are interested in deep diving and taking some shots they’re underwater! Nikon W300 can easily replace all heavy video techniques for filming various shots underwater!
- Tough camera body construction
- Built-in GPS
- Waterproof to a depth of 100 ft (30m)
- Easy to use
- Not strong in low light
- Reflective screen
- Miss-connection with the phone through Wi-Fi
All in all, this is one of the toughest cameras in the competition in comparison to how many feet it can dive. This camera could dive twice as far nearest competitor 100ft (30m). On the other hand, image quality isn’t superior and sometimes even your smartphone can give you better image quality. However, a lot of deep divers and even vloggers have this camera in their vlogging equipment because of its tough design.
5. Fujifilm FinePix XP80 – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera for Kids
First of all:
Let’s start from there, that this camera is the cheapest device from this list. But if it’s cheapest, it doesn’t mean that it’s unreliable or even invalid for vlogging – not at all.
|Fujifilm FinePix XP80 Waterproof Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Yellow)||CHECK THE PRICE|
This camera like its competitors made from very tough materials and could also be named as one of the most rugged cameras in 2020.
- 4-way proof guarantees reliable vlogging in anyplace:
- 50 ft (15m) waterproof; 14 Degree F (10C) freezeproof;
- 5.8 ft (1.75m) shockproof and dustproof.
It’s very easy to learn how to use this camera. It doesn’t have tons of buttons on its housing, which makes vlogging even faster and easier. Basically, you can reach all buttons on the housing just with one finger. It is a compact camera, and the design is very similar to its competitors – Nikon W300 and Olympus TG-5.
Another great feature of the camera is remote shooting. It’s like an additional benefit for vloggers. You could put our camera anywhere and control it from your phone via the application. There are all necessary functions like zoom adjustments, start recording command, and so on.
This could be named as one of the best waterproof vlogging cameras just because the price range and provided device features in comparison with competitors are good enough for vlogging.
- Well and tough designed;
- 1080p Video Quality;
- 10fps continuous shooting;
- Remote Control;
- Affordable price.
- Short battery life;
- Small LDC Screen (2.7“).
- Photo quality could be better.
The FujiFilm FinePix XP80 isn’t the best waterproof vlogging camera as you can see, but it has its upsides. The camera has a strong housing body and can deep about 50 ft (15m) without any damage. Moreover, the price is affordable and it’s a perfect choice for starting vloggers who want to expand their shooting areas and take some shots in adventurous places.
Currently, there are not so many highly recommended waterproof cameras for vlogging in the market at this moment. Maybe it is the open business niche for someone?
This list about best waterproof vlogging cameras is created considering user reviews and my personal experience.
Nevertheless, if you are vlogger or just still thinking about this career and even make money from it, I would recommend having at least one waterproof vlogging camera in your equipment! It will make your vlog even better!