TOP 5 Best Waterproof Vlogging Cameras
Vloggers love shooting videos from the most amazing places in the world. By creating these beautiful videos usually, people go underwater to get some beautiful shots as well.
If you would like to add this element into your vlog, we recommend you check this list about the best waterproof vlogging cameras.
Here’s the deal:
In this article, I want to share my TOP 5 BEST WATERPROOF VLOGGING CAMERAS that will change the way of vlogging experience.
If you are wondering about being a professional vlogger, you have to put a waterproof vlogging camera into your vlogging equipment.
Without having an exploration through the internet for thousands of waterproof vlogging cameras. As a result, we found the 5 waterproof vlogging cameras – tested and reviewed – enjoy!.
Table of Contents
- Best Waterproof Vlogging Cameras in 2020
- 1. GoPro Hero 9 Black – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera in 2020
- 2. Olympus TG-6 – Most Rugged Waterproof Vlogging Camera
- 3. GoPro Hero 7 Black – Best Cheap Waterproof Vlogging Camera
- 4. Nikon W300 – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera for Deep Divers
- 5. Fujifilm FinePix XP80 – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera for Kids
- Final Word:
Best Waterproof Vlogging Cameras in 2020
All listed waterproof vlogging cameras were tested by vlogtribe.com editors.
GoPro Hero 8 Black - Editor's Choice
1. GoPro Hero 9 Black – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera in 2020
Every new year GoPro releases the brand new edition of the GoPro Hero camera. This year we were waiting for the latest version, and finally, we got the best action and best waterproof camera for vloggers and YouTubers in the one device.
We have already tested this camera, and it is incredible, let’s see why:
First of all, the price is really budget-friendly. If you don’t have a massive budget for a vlogging camera, you can buy GoPro Hero 9 Black, just less than $500.
Overall it is a fantastic camera for every type of vlogger or YouTuber, but the question is, what are the main differences between the new GoPro Hero 9 Black and the older 8 or 7 versions?
|New GoPro HERO9 Black - Waterproof Action Camera with Front LCD and Touch Rear Screens, 5K Ultra HD...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Well, it has everything that the previous model and it can offer to you plus:
- HyperSmooth 3.0 – this older version 2.0 of the feature was amazing, but current is super helpful for divers or action vloggers in general. HyperSmooth 3.0 brings even more shooting stabilization than the older version, which was claimed the best “on-camera” video stabilization available 2020. Needless to say that for an action camera, the good shoot stabilization is a must because you probably won’t have much room to set and think about video or image composition.
- TimeWarp 3.0 – That’s a great feature, especially if you want to follow the process and take photos of it by intervals. A lot of driving enthusiasts like to take shots of underwater life. This feature makes it even more straightforward – it uses the in-built accelerometer and adds even more frames on shooting.
- Video Resolution – Apart from many amazing features like live-streaming, front LCD, this year, this camera can also offer 5K video resolution. Impressive video quality guarantees great shots not only in the natural environment but also underwater.
Here’s the deal:
With the new GoPro version, Livestream feeds could be directly sent to Facebook, YouTube, IG, or to any other streaming platform in amazing quality!
How about a waterproof design?
Yes, it has a waterproof design. Like the older models, it is impervious to 33ft (10m).
Anyway, if you are a deep diver, I would strongly recommend buying an additional waterproof case for this camera. It will increase the waterproof level down to 196ft (60m), sounds great, right? You can check it here.
You might be wondering:
Should I upgrade and buy the new GoPro Hero 9 Black version?
- The waterproof camera without any case to 33ft (10m)
- The new HyperSmooth 3.0 update
- TimeWarp 3.0 update
- Practical for using it every single day
- Great sound quality
- Live streaming in amazing quality
- 5K30 video resolution
- Front LCD screen
- Everyone is waiting until GoPro updates and increases the waterproof level without extra housing
I can’t say any bad word about GoPro Hero 9 Black. Actually, if you are looking for a new vlogging camera to make shoots underwater or elsewhere - this should be your choice. If you are considering the camera upgrade, it depends on your content, criteria and vlogging goals. All in all GoPro Hero 9 Black is the best waterproof vlogging camera in 2020.
2. Olympus TG-6 – Most Rugged Waterproof Vlogging Camera
Olympus TG-6 definitely must be in this best waterproof vlogging cameras list.
First of all, the older version of this camera was named the “Best Rugged Camera in 2017“.
The new model is even better!
The fact is that you can take this camera with yourself and take a shot even in the most dangerous and rugged environments. Viewers love that type vlogs!
This camera perfectly works even in low light areas by using specialized image sensors and a dual-quad TruePic VIII processor, which increases the quality of the photo also in unclaimed and dark places.
Moreover, Olympus TG-5 has a blazing-fast lens, which was made, as I mentioned, for capturing your adventures in the most beautiful places on the earth and underwater as well.
As a matter of fact, it has a pretty good camera as well: Ultra HD 4K or FULL HD with 120fps videos, 12-megapixel BSI CMOS sensors, and F2.0 lenses. These features will let you shooting spectacular videos and photos.
- High-Speed F2.0 Wide Angle Lens
- Action track sensors
- Good stabilization
- Adamant design
- GPS tracking
- Good photo quality
- Could be an expensive choice for a beginner
- Battery life is above average
It is one of the best waterproof vlogging cameras the market in 2020. Outstanding quality of shooting videos and taking a photo in any place at any time. On the other hand, to my mind, despite a lot of amazing features, it is too expensive in comparison with compact cameras. But if you are vlogger who is searching for a reliable, rugged camera, it’s definitely good choice.
3. GoPro Hero 7 Black – Best Cheap Waterproof Vlogging Camera
You may ask:
Why if we recommend the Hero 9 Black version as the first option, but choose Hero 7 instead of Hero 8?
Let’s make it clear.
If you want to have the best waterproof camera for vlogging, then the GoPro Hero 9 Black is the perfect camera, but if you want to have the high-quality video at an extremely attractive price, then the GoPro Hero 7 Black is the right choice.
True, the GoPro Hero 8 Black is also an extremely good camera, but at this point, we decided not to include a camera that is in the middle of the choices.
If you want to save additional bucks for an action + waterproof camera – this choice is perfect!
Here’s the deal:
First of all, this camera has an insanely smooth video also, and it doesn’t even matter what kind of area you are filming your vlog!
|GoPro Hero7 Black — Waterproof Action Camera with Touch Screen 4K Ultra HD Video 12MP Photos 720p...||CHECK THE PRICE|
In general, the new camera from GoPro has an amazing value for money in comparison with a lot of waterproof cameras.
- Electronic Image Stabilization System – Hypersmooth. This feature helps you to make various shoots in the same condition without a gimbal. It means that vlogging becomes even easier anywhere – underwater or in other extreme conditions.
- Another fantastic feature of this camera – live stream feature. Like in the new version, you can easily stream your videos live to Facebook or even on YouTube.
This camera doesn’t have a significant difference, which might change your vlogging content so much – but according to the price and if you are looking for a new waterproof vlogging camera for a great price – GoPro Hero 7 Black is highly recommended by us!
At first sight, GoPro Hero 7 Black device has the same 4K camera for videos and 12 MP camera for Single, Burst, and Time Lapse modes. Is it sounds similar to even cheaper and older GoPro Hero 6 Black?
Well, not really.
GoPro Hero 7 added even more new features in its camera as well:
- GoPro Hero 7 Black capable of making a shot of 240 FPS (GoPro Hero 6 Black – 120 FPS), plus these models add an extra 8x Super Slow-mo feature that slows your footage more than ever before.
- Audio capture is also have been improved – special thanks to a redesigned microphone membrane.
- Also, GoPro Hero 7 Black is available to make vertical shots. This feature helps a lot for people who are passionate about Instagram stories.
- Like all GoPro cameras, this is the waterproof without any case to 33ft (10m)
- Good image quality
- It has a great sound quality
- Perfect video quality
- Live streaming adds a new way to “share”
- Battery life could be better
- Sometimes you can struggle with voice commands
I have already mentioned - this is a super good camera for action and underwater vlogging. Of course, it lacks some of the features which are in the new model, but in overall - if you don't want to spend more money, GoPro Hero 7 Black is more than enough for amazing shoots.
4. Nikon W300 – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera for Deep Divers
Moreover, it was made with a hard plastic body, which, literally, makes this camera one of the most rugged, waterproof vlogging cameras in the world.
With this camera, you can capture footage in various places with different conditions because it has perfect protection from the harsh environment.
|Nikon W300 Waterproof Underwater Digital Camera with TFT LCD, 3", Orange (26524)||CHECK THE PRICE|
Nikon W300 has a 16-megapixel camera that performs quite well in decent light or daylight. Moreover, it is protected with added GPS to track camera location if you lose it while you will be shooting your adventures underwater or somewhere else with a 4K video recording feature.
To make your life easier, creators also added footage transferring features from the camera to your phone automatically. Basically, if you will break down the camera, photos will be sent protected on your phone. But in general, you have to show some effort if you want to break down this camera.
This camera is the perfect choice for vloggers who are interested in deep diving and taking some shots they’re underwater! Nikon W300 can easily replace all heavy video techniques for filming various shots underwater!
- Tough camera body construction
- Built-in GPS
- Waterproof to a depth of 100 ft (30m)
- Easy to use
- Not strong in low light
- Reflective screen
- Miss-connection with the phone through Wi-Fi
All in all, this is one of the toughest cameras in the competition in comparison to how many feet it can dive. This camera could dive twice as far nearest competitor 100ft (30m). On the other hand, image quality isn’t superior and sometimes even your smartphone can give you better image quality. However, a lot of deep divers and even vloggers have this camera in their vlogging equipment because of its tough design.
5. Fujifilm FinePix XP80 – Best Waterproof Vlogging Camera for Kids
First of all:
Let’s start from there that this camera is the cheapest device from this list. But if it’s cheapest, it doesn’t mean that it’s unreliable or even invalid for vlogging – not at all.
|Fujifilm FinePix XP80 Waterproof Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Yellow)||CHECK THE PRICE|
This camera, like its competitors made from very tough materials and could also be named as one of the most rugged cameras in 2020.
- 4-way proof guarantees reliable vlogging in anyplace:
- 50 ft (15m) waterproof; 14 Degree F (10C) freezeproof;
- 5.8 ft (1.75m) shockproof and dustproof.
It’s effortless to learn how to use this camera. It doesn’t have tons of buttons on its housing, which makes vlogging even faster and easier. Basically, you can reach all buttons on the housing just with one finger. It is a compact camera, and the design is very similar to its competitors – Nikon W300 and Olympus TG-5.
Another great feature of the camera is remote shooting. It’s like an additional benefit for vloggers. You could put our camera anywhere and control it from your phone via the application. There are all necessary functions like zoom adjustments, start recording command, and so on.
This could be named as one of the best waterproof vlogging cameras just because the price range and provided device features in comparison with competitors are good enough for vlogging.
- Well and tough designed;
- 1080p Video Quality;
- 10fps continuous shooting;
- Remote Control;
- Affordable price.
- Short battery life;
- Small LDC Screen (2.7“).
- Photo quality could be better.
The FujiFilm FinePix XP80 isn’t the best waterproof vlogging camera as you can see, but it has its upsides. The camera has a strong housing body and can deep about 50 ft (15m) without any damage. Moreover, the price is affordable and it’s a perfect choice for starting vloggers who want to expand their shooting areas and take some shots in adventurous places.
Currently, there are not so many highly recommended waterproof cameras for vlogging in the market at this moment. Maybe it is the open business niche for someone?
This list of best waterproof vlogging cameras is created considering user reviews and my personal experience.
Nevertheless, if you are a vlogger or just still thinking about this career and even make money from it, I would recommend having at least one waterproof vlogging camera in your equipment! It will make your vlog even better!