TOP 9 Best Green Screens for Streaming in 2021
That’s why today we are looking at the best green screens for streaming in the market, which is a very important piece of equipment used by Twitch or YouTube streamers.
Known to increase the quality of your content, the green screen enables you to modify the background of your footage. For instance, it offers you various options when it comes to scenery, color, or image.
Interestingly, retailed for an affordable price tag, streamers are able to purchase the green screen for streaming without breaking the bank. From several brands, such as the Emart Green Screen to the Khomo Gear Green screen, you will get the best green screen according to your budget.
Keep in mind:
You cannot buy just any screen for the best effects. That’s why in this article we are going to look and review all required features for the best green screen for creating streaming and gaming sessions.
So, without further ado, let’s review every green screen in detail.
Table of Contents
- Best Green Screens for Streaming
- 1. Elgato Wrinkle-Resistant Green Screen – Best Green Screen for One Person Streaming
- 2. Emart Collapsible Green Screen – TOP All-Around Green Screen
- 3. Neewer Chromakey Backdrops – Best Budget Two-Sided Portable Green Screen
- 4. Neewer Collapsible Green Screen (148 x 180cm) – For a Great Full-Body Streaming Performance
- 5. KHOMO Collapsible Green Screen – Super Fast and Easy Set Up Green Screen for Beginners
- 6. Webaround Big Shot Green Screen – Best Chair Attachable Green Screen for Streaming
- 7. Emart Photo Studio Green Screen – Cheapest Green Screen for Streaming
- 8. MAUO Portable 2-in-1 Green Screen Backdrop Kit – Very Sturdy Green Screen for Streaming, Zoom Calls and More
- 9. Emart 6 x 9 feet Backdrop Studio Kit – Best Budget Green Screen Studio Kit from Beginners to Professionals
- Frequently Asked Questions About Green Screens
Best Green Screens for Streaming
Green screens from this list were reviewed by vlogtribe.com editors.
Elgato Wrinkle-Resistant Green Screen - Editor's Choice
|58.27 x 70.87" / 148 x 180 cm|
|72 x 61'' / 182.88 x 154.95 cm|
|5 x 6.6 feet / 150 x 200 cm|
|58.7 x 74" / 150 x 180 cm|
|55 x 78" / 138 x 198 cm|
|56" / 142 cm|
|6 x 9 feet / 180 x 270 cm|
|5 x 7 feet / 150 x 210 cm|
|6 x 9 feet / 180 x 270 cm|
1. Elgato Wrinkle-Resistant Green Screen – Best Green Screen for One Person Streaming
- Color: Green fabric
- Material: 100% polyester wrinkle-resistant fabric
- Size: 58.27 x 70.87 inches / 148 x 180 cm
- Item Weight: 20.5 pounds / 9.2 kg
That is the most popular green screen for live streamers and gamers alike, the Elgato green screen is perfect for indoor use. Made from 100% polyester fabric, the wrinkle-resistant green screen is easy to set up and retract.
The screen extends up since it is supported by a strong pneumatic x frame which goes down to the bottom of the case. The x frame keeps the screen stable when it is open with the help of the aluminum case, which holds everything straight.
What’s more, the case enables the screen to stay wrinkle-free. This is possible because when done using the screen, you just roll it back into the aluminum case without any fuss.
Don’t forget, in case the screen gets dirty, it is easy to clean it with a damp cloth. Just ensure you let it completely dry before storing it to avoid the fabric getting moldy.
The downside of the screen is the size (58.27 x 70.87 inches) when extended, as it is only ideal for one person. Moreover, the price is a bit on the higher side, especially for beginners.
Nonetheless, for anyone looking for a TOP quality green screen for streaming, Elgato is the way to go.
- Easy to set up and retract
- Have a roll-up design
- Easy to chrome key
- A bit pricey
- Only ideal for one person to fit within the frame
- Sadly offers only a green screen option
2. Emart Collapsible Green Screen – TOP All-Around Green Screen
- Color: Green fabric
- Material: 100% polyester Wrinkle-resistant material and aluminum frame
- Size: Collapsible - 72'' x 61'' / 182.88 x 154.95 cm
- Item Weight: 19.6 pounds / 8.9 kg
One of the best portable Green Screen in 2021, Emart Collapsable Green Screen is a Pro Level Chroma Key Screen ideal for multiple scenarios.
From Twitch streaming, YouTube videos and streams, music videos, live broadcasts, and photo shoots the wrinkle-resistant material is easy to use at all times.
That said, with the screen being perfect for chroma keying, you get to have a lot of fun choosing an endless selection of royalty-free backgrounds. As long as you are not wearing green while streaming or in your pictures, the screen works great.
When it comes to setting it up, you only need to position the legs of the case, open the frame up and then lift up the handle. Opening up to a dimension of 61.02 x 72.44 inches, you get to lift the handle to a suitable height depending on your needs.
What’s more, the green screen is known to save space retracted since it easily fits in small places such as closets, safe corners, or under the bed. However, be careful when opening or closing the screen to avoid destroying the x-frame, which automatically locks the screen.
Moreover, because of the size of its width, be keen when moving about with it, especially through doorways, small spaces, or elevators. Other than that, the x frame is very stable, meaning the screen does not wobble or collapse when standing.
So, if you are looking for the perfect green screen for multiple scenarios, then the Emart Collapsible Green Screen is the best option for you. Overall, it will take your streaming to an entirely new level.
- Easy to set up and down
- Save space when closed
- Frame made of aluminum
- Held up by a pneumatic x- frame
- It is more expensive than other green screens
- It might not be wide enough for some streamers
3. Neewer Chromakey Backdrops – Best Budget Two-Sided Portable Green Screen
- Color: Green/Blue
- Material: Muslin
- Size: 5’ x 6.6’ feet / 150 x 200 cm
- Item Weight: 1.08 pounds / 500g
If you are looking for a flexible green screen, then look no further than the Neewer Chromakey Backdrop. Ideal for streamers that own essential equipment for producing Chroma Key videos or streaming sessions, the Neewer Chromakey is easy to set up.
Perfect for creating a proper setting, the one-sided green and one-sided blue design is great for outdoor as well as indoor shootings. That means apart from live streams, it is also excellent for gaming, TV broadcast, interviews, portrait or product photography, and more.
Made of durable muslin material, the screen is also collapsible, thus making it foldable into a 24.8 inches compact circle. However, it takes a bit of effort to fold it up in the accompanying zippered carrying bag.
The good news is that there are some good YouTube videos that show you the proper techniques on how to fold the screen.
What’s more, the screen has three loops that enable you to hang the backdrop on a curtain rod, stand, or wall hooks. This is either done vertically or horizontally for different camera distances. Since there are two loops on the horizontal side, you can use a curtain rod through them and hung the screen for better use.
In case you want to use it while seated down, it is possible to place the screen on two chairs horizontally. Better yet, for more stability, you can purchase the Neewer T-shape Background support stand kit.
The incredible stand enables you to either clip the green screen to it. Note that it does not fill the screen on all cameras such as the iMac or any widescreen HD camera since they are way wider than the green screen.
Be aware the cloth will wrinkle, which can be an issue for chromakey, but having a steamer with you will solve the issue in minutes.
- Durable metal frame
- Collapsible screen
- Multiple velcro straps
- Quality backdrop
- Extremely portable
- The cloth surface is non-reflective
- The cloth surface wrinkles (Kindly have a steamer nearby)
- Some claim the fabric is too thin for outdoor shooting
4. Neewer Collapsible Green Screen (148 x 180cm) – For a Great Full-Body Streaming Performance
- Color: Green
- Material: Muslin
- Size: 58.7 x 74 inches / 150 x 180 cm
- Item Weight: 19.51 pounds / 8.85 kg
The Neewer Collapsible is another amazing Green Screen for both beginners and experts dealing in live streaming, creative production, YouTube videos, etc.
The screen is great for a single person either holding meetings or videoconferencing by zoom since you can easily change the wallpaper. This is all possible because of the Neewer green screen background.
Known to have a pull-up style, you simply just unlock the case; pull up the screen to your desired height. When done streaming, it will be super easy to push the screen back gently to the built-in hard aluminum case. The case, as a result, provides easy storage or when transporting the screen.
The best part of the Neewer Collapsible is that it covers a large part (58.7 x 74 inches) which will enable you to get full body shots. Once done shooting, it is easy to remove the green background or change shooting scenes using Photoshop.
Also, it is possible to use multiple virtue backgrounds using this green screen, therefore, making your photos look professional. Overall, the screen is of good quality, which is definitely good value for your money. There is no need to steam out wrinkles due to their roll-in and-out feature.
- Easy to set up and pull down
- Solid metal case
- Retracting works great
- Some users say the screen doesn’t fill the entire background
- It does not come with lighting features
5. KHOMO Collapsible Green Screen – Super Fast and Easy Set Up Green Screen for Beginners
- Color: Green
- Material: Nylon spandex
- Size: 55 x 78 inches / 138 x 198 cm
- Item Weight: 19 pounds / 8.6 kg
Another collapsible green screen from KHOMO, this 55 x 78-inch green screen is extremely easy to use.
Excellent for indoor usage, the screen makes it easy and fun to stream any kind of content, from games to various challenges and so on.
Simply taking seconds to set up, you start by positioning the legs of the sturdy aluminum case, which is 57 inches wide and 5 inches deep. Plus, there are 2 latches on the case and hinges attached in the back. All you need is to open latches and then carefully lift the handle.
Keep in mind, the screen has a pneumatic x-frame that automatically locks the screen in place. This incredible feature enables you to lift the screen to a suitable 78 inches height.
The good news is that you can set up the height anywhere you want.
The width is 55 inches with the length being 6 inches. The length of the base is about 2 inches wider than the screen. To keep the screen from falling backward, make sure the legs of the case are completely turned out.
The downside of the screen is that a wide-angle webcam needs a bit of configuration to show only the screen. Nonetheless, this can be solved by setting the screen right behind the chair to fill the camera’s field of view.
Just be sure not to set the screen too close to avoid bumping into it.
Here’s the deal:
You can also buy 3 of these green screens and make a green screen room to cover all the angles. Moreover, invest in some LED light panels, a high-end webcam, a good microphone and you will get a perfectly sized video conferencing area.
- Takes seconds to set up
- Used for multiple settings
- It is wrinkle-free
- Has a sturdy metal casing
- A wide-angle webcam needs a bit of configuration to show only the screen
6. Webaround Big Shot Green Screen – Best Chair Attachable Green Screen for Streaming
- Color: Green, Blue or Gray
- Material: Neoprene & Nylon
- Size: 56 inches / 142 cm
- Item Weight: 1.8 pounds / 800g
Do you feel your office or room is small to fit a green screen?
Then don’t worry, as you can purchase a Webaround 56-inch green screen that attaches to the back of a chair and saves a lot of space for you.
Sold in a variety of colors, you have the option to purchase either a green, blue, or gray screen.
With the setup taking a few seconds, this green screen is made with a spring steel diameter that unfolds and pulls the material tight. Then fit it carefully into the back of your chair and secure the adjustable horizontal straps, then finally the vertical strap.
After you are done using the screen, carefully fold it, noting that the spring steel diameter enables the screen to be folded back then stored in the bag.
Keep in mind, it takes a bit of patience to fold the screen as you need to avoid your fingers from slipping and the screen firing back open.
Since the screen is attached to your chair, it is advisable to have minimum movement to prevent any distorted images. Note that, for effective streaming, ensure you position the webcam closer to you.
As for eliminating any lighting behind or around you, ensure you close the curtains of the nearby windows. Also, make sure the software you are using has lighting tools to remove any shade.
Aside from that, there is the issue of the screen fitting on some chairs. There is a big problem if you own a chair that tilts backward too much, as well as a high back chair or low chair. So before buying it, make sure that it fits your chair.
- Attaches to your chair
- Setup only takes a few seconds
- It is easily portable
- Less range of motion than other green screens
- It may not work with all kinds of chair shape
- One needs to be positioned closer to the webcam or zoom for effective results.
- It uses a bit of time to fold back up the screen
7. Emart Photo Studio Green Screen – Cheapest Green Screen for Streaming
- Color: Green fabric
- Material: 100% Muslin
- Size: 6 x 9 feet / 1.8 x 2.7 meters
- Item Weight: 1.76 pounds / 800g
Emart Photo Studio Screen is a really decent green screen for streamers on a very low budget.
Simple yet effective, this chroma key green screen is made of a muslin design with a uniform green color. Ideal for photographers as well as videographers. For that price, the Emart screen is okay for live streamers, filmmakers, YouTubers, podcasters, photo studios, and more.
Unfortunately, some users say it is a bit thin and any backlight makes it see-through. This interferes with the streaming or shooting of videos since it casts shadows on the canvas and becomes an issue as the chroma key gets spoil.
Nonetheless, you are required to just hang it with a rod pocket at the top or use the four handy clamps purchased alongside the screen. There is also an option of purchasing a backdrop stand for more stability.
Note that not only is the screen safe and durable, but it also comes with a zippered plastic bag for easy storage when not in use. It is also machine washable in case it gets dirty.
- It is affordable
- Comes with four clamps
- Foldable screen
- Perfect size for small areas such as offices or bedrooms
- It can be hung from a stand or attached to a wall
- Doesn’t come with a stand
- Sometimes requires good ironing if not stored properly
- Some users claim it is too thin for streaming in bright places
8. MAUO Portable 2-in-1 Green Screen Backdrop Kit – Very Sturdy Green Screen for Streaming, Zoom Calls and More
- Color: Green + Blue
- Material: Cotton
- Size: 5 x 7 feet / 1.5 x 2.1 m
- Item Weight: 6.93 pounds / 3.15 kg
Another two in one double-sided background design, the MAUO portable has green and blue screens. Purchased as a kit, you get a 5 x 7 feet collapsible double-sided screen backdrop, one adjustable support stand, a spare background clip, and a portable carrying bag.
The green screen double-sided design is made of high-quality materials, while the adjustable stand uses an aluminum alloy tripod. The stand can be adjusted (27.5 – 82.6 inches / 69.85 – 209.84 cm) to the required height, while the tripod enhances the stability of the stand to prevent any wobbling.
Although it may take a couple of times for some users to fold it up, this collapsible double-sided screen is 27 inches when folded. The customized zipper carry bag is 27.5 inches, thus proving easy storage. Aside from that, the portable bag is sturdy and durable.
Anyway, this green screen is one of the best for streaming, the screen is also suitable for product shooting, interviews, studio photography, YouTube and TikTok videos, as well as video conferences.
- Double-sided design
- The green screen is sturdy and foldable
- Has a portable carrying bag
- Great strong and adjustable stand
- Suitable for different needs
- Takes time to fold the screen
9. Emart 6 x 9 feet Backdrop Studio Kit – Best Budget Green Screen Studio Kit from Beginners to Professionals
- Color: Green
- Material: Muslin
- Size: 6 x 9 feet / 1.8 x 2.7 meters
- Item Weight: 17.2 pounds / 7.8 kg
Particularly ideal for product shooting and photography but from our experience works for streaming too!
These include a green screen that is supported by an aluminum alloy backdrop stand. Seamless and having a weaving surface, the screen is also crimped along the edges to prevent any tears. Fully machine washable, the green screen is suitable for portraits, professionally-looking live streams on Twitch or YouTube, and other types of photography or vlogging.
The aluminum alloy backdrop support is made of 4 crossbars, with the maximum length being 10 feet wide (3 meters). The minimum length of two of the crossbars is 5 feet (1.5 meters) long. Easy to set up the backdrop support ensures the screen stays sturdy while using it.
Moreover, there are 2 x 4.5-inch heavy-duty clamps that enhance quick and easy setup. The clamps are clipped onto the backdrop support to prevent the background from slipping, thus bringing stability when streaming.
Don’t forget the 7ft. height adjustable lampstand, which starts from 26.8 inches (68 cm) to 78 inches (198 cm) and holds a maximum load capacity of 13.5 lbs (6.12 kg).
- The kit has 2 light lamp holders and each comes with a cord and a socket.
- There are also 2 spiral bulbs with a voltage of 110 each and the color temperature is 5500k.
- The bulbs also have a lifetime of 8000 hours which is pretty good when shooting videos or photography.
- In addition, the kit has 2 white umbrellas and a premium nylon carry bag. The white umbrellas are made of high-quality nylon material and a long-lasting steel frame.
Umbrellas help eliminate spots or diffuse any flashlight, thus providing professional photos.
- Adjustable backdrop support
- A quality nylon bag for easy transportation
- Machine washable
- Lightweight and easy to set up
- Nice tripods and bars
- The socket holders are made of plastic
- It takes patience to fit everything in the premium nylon bag
Frequently Asked Questions About Green Screens
Though it is not necessary to have a green screen, it could not hurt to have one. With most streamers working from home, a green stream will provide a professional look as you avoid exposing your environment. These might be your messy living room, bedroom, or even office.
You might also want to hide a cluttered, plain, or windowed background, therefore, avoiding any embarrassment. The green screen also gives you more privacy from your viewers. If you are a gamer, you get to reduce the size of the camera, only allowing more of the game to be visible. What’s more; the screen enables you to have a custom background, thus giving your video a polished look.
Also, it adds additional quality to your stream in general.
Although there are a variety of green screens to consider, the most popular green screen among streamers is the Elgato green screen.
Specifically made for streamers and gaming, this screen is made of polyester called Dacron. The material can easily be cleaned with a damp cloth and quickly stored. When opened it has an extended dimension of 58.27 x 70.87 inches (148 x 177.8 cm) and 64.76 x 4.13 x 4.53 inches (164 x 10 x 11.5 cm) when collapsed.
Muslin fabric cloth is the best material for green screens.
It is a dense material that is not too reflective and does not wrinkle easily. However, if it does get creased, it is easy to iron the material. Keep in mind; it is easy to keep the material wrinkle-free by buying one that rolls in a case rather than the one that is folded.
Let us look at some features worth noting before buying the screen. The features usually are:
• The material should not be too reflective, thus preventing lighter spots.
• Be at least wrinkle-resistant: Though you can steam a wrinkled screen, by the end of the day, a wrinkle-free material is easy setup and produces excellent streaming.
• It should have a heavy material that provides consistent color, especially if there is anything behind the screen. Note that lighter fabrics are wrinkle-resistant but provide poor coverage. However, be aware the heavy material can be prone to more wrinkles.
• The material should be brighter green rather than dark green.
However, in case you are wondering about other materials used to make green screens, here is a brief summary of the different fabrics.
• Nylon or Spandex: A stretchable and wrinkle-resistant fabric. Nylon or Spandex material is suitable for anyone moving around a lot since it is easy to set up due to its stretchable feature. Durable and strong, the only downfall is that the material can be too reflective.
• Cotton: Another ideal fabric, cotton, is not too reflective when it comes to streaming, video conferences, or shooting videos. However, it wrinkles easily, especially if not folded carefully. So, when packing a cotton green screen, it is better to roll it instead of being folded.
• Paper: These backdrops tend to be lightweight, fragile, wrinkles easily, and is unwashable. Sadly the material also often reflects too much light. For these reasons, paper is usually not used for long-term purposes.
Yes, you can make your own green screen. There are different ways to make your own green screen:
• Purchasing a fabric cloth and make it from the cloth;
• Buying a colored poster board, repaint it and use it as a green screen;
• Make a green screen with paint.
It depends on your time frame and level of skills.
Yes, we know that picking the best green screen can be a bit daunting, but with the above TOP 9 best green screens, we believe you are sorted.
By comparing the different features and functions of the green screens, you exactly get the right screen for you. This is in terms of requirements and budget.
Don’t forget, though it is a simple streaming product, it does bring a lot of benefits to your streaming experience. Apart from showing your creative side, you get to produce professional videos without spending a lot of money.
So, do you have any questions about any of the above green screens? Let us know in the comment section.