Best Vlogging Cameras with Flip Screen in 2019
You might be well-aware of the steaming hot trend of Vlogging. It has become a very attractive as well as an interactive way of posting blogs in the form of videos online. For those who want to be part of it, we collected full list of best vlogging cameras with flip screen in 2019!
All vloggers will agree with me that the flip screen on the camera helps so much!
Thus, for the purpose of vlogging, it is extremely necessary for a vlogger to have all the updated information of the available cameras which can help them in creating a perfect vlog!
Want to know the best part?
As I said, among all the cameras that can be used for the purpose, the ones with flip screen serve the best.
The flip screen feature helps you in recording a perfect video without any shaking hands or non-adjustable angles.
Thus, choose the best vlogging camera with a flip screen for you to create a vlog would win over the hearts of your viewers.
Table of Contents
- List of 10 Best Vlogging Cameras with Flip Screen
- 1. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II – Best Daily Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen 🏆
- 2. Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless – Perfect Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen For Accurate Shots
- 3. Sony RX100 III – Best Compact Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
- 4. Sony a5100 Alpha – Best DSLR Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
- 5. Panasonic DMC-ZS45 LUMIX 20X – Best Budget Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
- 6. Samsung NX Mini – The Lightest and Slimmest Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
- 7. Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR – Best Semi-Professional Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
- 8. PANASONIC LUMIX G85 4K – Best Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen for Breathtaking Videos
- 9. Panasonic LUMIX LX10 – Stunning Light Composition Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
- 10. Olympus E-PL5 – Budget-Friendly Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen & Great Battery Life
- Why Flip Screen Camera Is Important For Vlogging
List of 10 Best Vlogging Cameras with Flip Screen
Here’s a list of 10 best vlogging cameras with flip screen cameras for you!
|Name||Image Stabilization||Mic. Jack||Resolution||Check|
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II - Editor's Choice
1. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II – Best Daily Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen 🏆
The Canon PowerShot G7 Mark II Digital Camera is a smart looking camera with enhanced features and a flip LCD touch-screen.
The intelligent technology allows you to attain all the necessary basic requirements for making a perfect video blog.
While shooting a video for a vlog post, light and clarity play an important as well as a tricky role. This Canon Camera has a 20.2 MP1 CMOS Sensor of 1.0 Inch which helps in recording high-quality videos with optimum light and focus.
This acts as a benefit to you as a vlogger.
The camera also consists of a DIGI 7 Image Processor. This processor adds perfect focus and sharpness to the subject in the video thus minimizing the scope of noise.
The flip screen of the camera is a tilt screen LCD. It can be tilted 180° upwards and 45°downwards. Moreover, the screen is of 3.0 Inches.
It is best suitable for shooting videos at different angles comfortably.You can easily tilt the screen and watch yourself being recorded. Furthermore, this allows you to adjust yourself as per the requirement to shoot a perfect video in a single go.
The videos are recorded in 1080p which makes your post a full HD vlog.
The recording speed of the camera is 60fps and what adds to the convenience is the availability of a stereo sound in an MP4 format itself (MP4 format mostly are used for uploading video to YouTube), plus you can also manually adjust the focus and other details before or even during the video through the flip LCD screen.
Moreover, reducing your worries further, the camera has an inbuilt Wi-Fi and NFC which enables you to easily upload or transfer your recorded videos in absolutely no time.
- Smart body structure
- 1080p Full HD video recording
- Wi-Fi and NFC availability
- It can continuously shoot in various modes including RAW mode 2, RAW+JPEG mode 2, and JPEG mode
- Tilt type touch-screen LED which enables perfect shooting at various angles
- Impressive shooting even in low light
- Quick battery drainage
- Uncomfortable holding space
- The processing of the image decreases the number of pixels
Excellent device to start vlogging with. This is the second time when our team adds this camera into 1st place of our vlogging cameras list. I could strongly say that this camera could be named the best vlogging camera with a flip screen for the amazing price!
2. Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless – Perfect Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen For Accurate Shots
This camera adds that extra touch of perfection to your videos which would make them more popular and distinctive.
You can record the cinematic moments because of its 4K UHD 24p video.
The high-resolution of the videos will make your vlog a quality post which would attract a good amount of attention.
The high technological features of the camera make it an all-time favorite for vloggers and thus come under the list of best vlogging cameras with flip screen in 2019!
The camera possesses a 24.1mp (APS-C) CMOS sensor that captures perfectly in time pictures. Also, the inbuilt automatic focus system allows you to focus your subject right in time and shoot without missing even a single valuable picture.
The other interesting features of the camera include its wireless technology or in-app Wi-Fi through which you can directly transfer or upload your photos.
The NFC technology is yet another built-in system which allows you to transfer your videos to the compatible devices merely by clicking on the NFC icon.
The famous 4k video shooting quality of the camera has a few glitches that can be a matter of concern for professional users. The video is recorded in cropped mode at the 4k quality and does not support autofocus too.
Clearly, this one of the best vlogging cameras with flip screen is a good purchase for beginners or for people who want pictures and videos for social media purposes only.
Moreover, it has the amazing and unique silent feature which can be used to click pictures or videos without producing any sounds from the camera. This wouldn’t bother your subject and thus give you a perfect shot.
- Enhanced Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus for perfect clarity
- Amazing 4K and HD quality video recording
- Inbuilt Wi-Fi and NFC
- Existing Electronic viewfinder
- Variable angle flip screen for better recording
- Improved performance of autofocus by DIGIC 8 processor
- Silent mode function for quiet and noise-free shooting
- The 4k video is recorded in the cropped screen
- Auto focus disables at 4k recording
Good choice for starting vloggers! This camera has enhanced dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus for perfect clarity which makes your video even more beautiful. This camera works very quietly which is not so irritating in comparison with other cameras.
3. Sony RX100 III – Best Compact Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
Thus, Sony’s Cyber-Shot RX100 III 20.1 MP digital camera is exactly what you need.
You don’t have to worry about the shaking hands or absurd angles while shooting yourself for a vlog post.
The high-quality 20.1MP selfies can be easily taken with the help of the 180-Degree tilting screen. The camera also has a super-fast processor, the BIONZ X processor which enables the capturing of fast and accurate HD pictures as well as videos.
Other features of the camera which would enhance the quality of your vlog include the Exmor R CMOS image sensor of 1.0 inch which helps you in capturing the best shots and videos even in low light.
It is a perfect option for recording indoor videos for your vlog post.
While I was searching for the best vlogging cameras with flip screen, this masterpiece of Sony would surely grab my interest and attention and was even recommended and used by a lot of famous vloggers as well.
The pictures and videos recorded by this camera aren’t the best you’d ever find as they lack the crispiness and perfection.
Nevertheless, as everywhere better cameras are available at the same cost which gives it a high competition too.
But not to forget, the camera has F1.8-2.8 Zeiss Vario Sonnar T Lens which has a zoom of 24-70mm. As the result, it gives amazing pictures with defocused backgrounds.
Besides that, it has a built-in SVGA OLED viewfinder which clearly displays everything that you are recording with the camera.
The PlayMemories Camera Apps are yet another amazing addition you can use in your camera to enhance your videos for the post.
- Pocket-Friendly design
- Easy transfer of images to compatible devices
- 10 FPS continuous shooting
- Built-in SVGA OLED electronic viewfinder for faithful recording
- Exmor R CMOS image sensor which helps in perfect focusing of the subject and adding appropriate light even in dim surroundings
- BIONZ X processor for swift and smart capturing
- Picture quality not up to the mark
- Expensive when compared to other cameras with similar features
I put this camera on 3rd place because it is very pocket friendly, comfortable to use anywhere and anytime. A lot of vloggers were complaining about that their cameras are too heavy and its hard to make a shot in several seconds. This camera allows you to do it. Besides that, it has easy transfer of images to compatible devices.
4. Sony a5100 Alpha – Best DSLR Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
Needless to say that, if you want to make your vlog attractive, it is necessary to record your video in high resolution to capture every detail.
This camera from Sony has a 24MP APS-C sensor which allows you to capture high-resolution images and videos.
You also don’t have to worry now about the timely focus on the subject with the Ultra-Fast autofocus that consists of 179 AF points and 6FPS!
The camera gives you output as good as that of a DSLR and that too with such a lightweight body of small size. It is so easy to handle and carry that would make you love it even more. There are some vloggers who even mentioned this camera in their vlogs.
Furthermore, a video can be recorded up to 50MB/s in completely HD resolutions. And if you want to shoot your vlog inside where dim light might be an issue, this camera has got it all sorted. Its ISO range of 100-25600 enables perfect recording and capturing in low light as well.
- Swift and accurate focusing through AF
- Pop-up flash for brightening up the scenes
- Touch-screen flip LCD
- Remarkable low light performance
- Convenient and easy to handle
- Quick and easy transfers to a smartphone
- Quality pictures like that of a DSLR
- The pop-up flash feature is a little complex to understand and thus can spoil pictures if not used appropriately
- Some incompatible accessories are also provided with the camera
Sony a5100 Alpha is user-friendly which has flipping LCD touch-screen and remarkable low light performance. In general it could be named as the best DSLR vlogging camera with a flip screen.
5. Panasonic DMC-ZS45 LUMIX 20X – Best Budget Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
What could be possibly more interesting that a camera that clicks a selfie for you every time you wink at it?
The Panasonic DMC- ZS45 LUMIX 20X Zoom Camera with Wink-Activated selfie feature is next on the list of best vlogging cameras with flip screen and has been stated so by many vloggers!
This cheap and smart pocket-sized camera is yet another amazing option for recording your vlog posts.
The camera, despite its size, comes with an optical zoom of 20X that helps you capture the distinct subject more clearly and naturally.
Moreover, it also consists of several modes and styles which can be added to the pictures and videos both. This would make your posts interesting as well as creative.
The “beautification mode” can be used to capture beautiful selfies or self-videos by adding more sharpness and details too your face. Not only this, but the various filters are also available to add effects to your photos and videos.
The videos can be recorded in full HD quality and in MP4 format. In addition to, you can also swap instantly between video mode and image mode.
The super-speedy output of digital signal allows click pictures in high-speed burst mode at 10fps.
The only setback reported by the users about the camera is that the voice recording of the camera isn’t of good quality. Even if random talking is recorded, a lot of noise and disturbance gets added to it.
All the features of the camera are remarkable and stunning and thus can be a considerable high scorer as the best vlogging camera with flip screen in 2019!
- 1,040K LCD of 3 Inches that enables optimum visibility of the shoot
- Easy transfers using Wi-Fi and NFC
- Quick control through smartphone remote enabling
- High-quality video recording and an impressive zoom
- Swift and speedy, yet smart capturing
- Numerous modes and filters for adding extra effect to your pictures and videos
- A little heavy as per its size
- Noise creation which degrades the quality of sound recording in videos
Panasonic DMC ZS45 is the best vlogging camera with flip screen for vloggers who are cautious about they budget. This camera could be the perfect choice for starting vloggers and even for profesionals as well.
6. Samsung NX Mini – The Lightest and Slimmest Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
Sounds fair enough?
The camera is well-known for its rich and high-quality picture capturing and is used by vloggers like ‘iJustine‘. Moreover, it has an interchangeable screen.
Let’s start with that your vlogs will have more sharpness and details when you shot with this amazing Samsung NX Mini Camera.
Moreover, the 20.5MP BSI CMOS large 1-inch sensor enables mind-blowing capturing even in less lit surroundings!
The flip screen attached to the camera is a 3-inch LCD touch-screen which allows you to take your own perfect pictures and videos by simply rotating it 180-degrees facing towards you.
Not to forget, the camera possesses a 1/16000 second top shutter speed which allows you to capture swift and perfect images back-to-back even when you have a moving subject like a racing car.
Also, It can record a full HD video at 30FPS with utmost clarity and sharpness, plus the format of the video is H.264 which allows you to record a longer video than that in JPEG format.
Furthermore, the size of the camera can be a little clumsy to handle sometimes, but apart from that it hardly has got any negative response from its users.
It’s not a perfect buy for the professional photographers, but as a vlogger, this might turn out to be your best purchase.
That’s why we added this camera to this best vlogging camera with a flip screen list.
The camera also has some interestingly unique features which would make you fall for it hard as a vlogger. These include its one-touch transfers by the photobeam technology to your compatible devices. Not just this, you can remotely control the camera using a smartphone and even convert it into a baby monitor!
You read that right, the NX mini monitors the baby and notifies you on your smartphone when your baby wakes up and cries.
- World’s slimmest and lightest camera which enables easy carrying
- Has an interchangeable screen
- Can record full HD videos
- High-quality capturing and amazing focus
- Can take swift and quick back to back picture shots
- One touch photobeam transfers
- Baby monitor
- A little clumsy to get hold of
- Needs both hands to keep stable when kept on a table as it cannot balance with the lens on
Samsung NX Mini Camera with a Flip Screen definitely one of the best vlogging cameras in the market in 2018. This camera has a lot of amazing features which are helpful for creating world class vlog. The reason why I put it on 6 place its price. But if you have a budget you should consider about this purchase.
7. Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR – Best Semi-Professional Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
This Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR is definitely a worthy candidate to be one of the best vlogging cameras with a flip screen in 2019!
The camera outstands because of its amazing high-quality autofocus in all types of lighting. The autofocus system is a 45-point all-cross type.
This Canon EOS 80D would help you create some breathtaking videos and would allow you to capture some amazing pictures to add to your vlog posts.
Vlogger like Casey Neistat own this camera and use it for creating vlog posts as well!
The features of this camera include its smart viewfinder which provides you with approx. 100% coverage while shooting. What is more, the camera also has a perfect 24.2MP (APS-C) CMOS sensor which allows you to record high-resolution images and videos and add ultimate perfection and clarity to your posts.
You can record Full HD videos and save them in MOV or MP4 format as per your requirement and ease in sharing.
Various options are also available for adding interesting filters and creative effects for experimenting.
The flip screen LCD of the camera is a Vari-angle screen and thus can be flipped up to 175-degrees horizontally and 270-degrees vertically. The smart and swift DIGIC processor gives you the ultimate speed and perfect capturing experience with your camera. The low light pictures aren’t an issue anymore with the camera’s ISO 100- 16000 which is expandable up to 25600.
Some of its more amazing features include the HDR range of the photos to make them more natural by highlighting the shadow details in them.
I would say that camera hasn’t got any glitches, except the price of the camera! On the another hand if you could afford it – go for this – it has been loved by almost everyone who has bought it.
Its worth the value and provides amazing and accurate features which would help you a lot as a vlogger.
- Tiltable LCD screen with touch sensitivity
- Expandable ISO 25600
- Swift and accurate
- Amazing focus
- Optimum picture sharpness and clarity
- Quick and durable shutter performance
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC for easy transfers
- Lacks 4k recording
- It has a continuous recording limit of 29 minutes and 59 seconds
I named and described Canon EOS 80D as the semi-professional camera. In general, it is a professional camera which has almost all necessary features for vlogging. The reason why I listed this camera in the second half of the list - its price. To my mind, this is amazing camera, but price could look to high for most of customers, especially for beginners.
8. PANASONIC LUMIX G85 4K – Best Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen for Breathtaking Videos
This grand and spectacular DSLM camera offered by PANASONIC is another one of leading flip screen camera amongst the Vloggers.
Some of the vloggers even claim it to be one of the best vlogging camera with a flip screen, despite the fact that we put it just in 8th place of this list!
The necessity and requirements of a vlogger to shoot a perfect breathtaking video blog post are fulfilled well by this camera.
First and for all, it allows the capturing of 4k video with mind-blowing true-to-life image quality.
The 4k video recording is available at 30P/24P at a speed of 100Mbps. It is a perfect SLR styled mirrorless camera with an average range.
Apart from this, camera has an amazing 5-axis stabilization of image – also, when combined with the 2-axis stabilized lenses, the output is a Dual IS effect, thus giving your capture the most satisfactory clarity.
Moreover, to make your vlog sound even clearer, you can also use external microphones in the camera by inserting them in the 3.5mm in-built slot.
The body of the camera is smart and attractive – very strong and dustproof as well as waterproof.
The overall performance of the camera is very satisfactory and the flip screen is a vari-angle LED screen with touch sensitivity.
Besides that, the 16MP four-thirds MOS sensor helps you in removing the need of low-pass sensor filter as well.
Overall, the camera is less bulky than the DSLR and yet provides high-quality images and 4K video shooting which is important for the vlogging.
- Light weighed as compared to the bulky DSLR
- High-quality image and video capturing
- 4K video recording is available
- Built-in 3.5mm audio jack for external earphones
- Waterproof, dustproof, and strong body structure
- Flip screen touch sensitive LED
- The low humming voice made by the IBIS cannot be avoided while recording videos
- Autofocus does not function accurately at times
In general Panasonic Lumix G85 Camera has very strong body structure and is safe by itself. With this camera vloggers can shoot amazing video montages in desert, under the water and so on. This camera is a perfect choice for semi-professional vloggers who want to make new videos on their channel.
9. Panasonic LUMIX LX10 – Stunning Light Composition Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen
The LUMIX DMC-LX10K is apparently the successor of the discontinued LX7.
If you are searching for a good camera to record some amazing videos for your vlog channel, this might be also the right choice for you.
It is used by growing vloggers like Grain of Rice. By the way, if you are interested about Japan itself and the culture, I strongly recommend to watch it.
Moreover, you also have a choice to opt for the full HD quality video recording in case you require a full frame and plus despite the short focal length of 24mm-72mm, it has a wide f/1.4-2.8 aperture that makes it a stunning optic of high-quality.
This is why it can be the best vlogging camera with a flip screen for your use.
The camera also offers a few additional Photo Styles which can be added to your pictures and videos. You can even create a customized effect as per your requirement!
In addition to, this one of best vlogging cameras possesses a 3” flip screen LCD which can be tilted 180-degree upwards thus allowing you to have a screen facing you along with the camera.
As the result, it has an amazing light speed autofocus system which gives you a perfect focus on your subject even if it’s moving or still.
But, like the other cameras, it will give you ease in transferring your videos and pictures to your compatible devices by Wi-Fi and also has a useful in-built raw-processing option for your captures.
- Speedy and accurate focusing
- Allows you to record a full 4k video as well as a photo
- Has an option of refocusing even after the picture is clicked
- Amazing 3-inch tilting display
- Stunning light composition
- Wide focusing aperture
- It is not dust resistant which means that in case dust stacks on your lens, it’ll have to be broken first
- The features are complex and a little difficult to understand and get hold of
In general Panasonic Lumix LX10 Camera allows you to shot amazing videos and pictures, but remember that camera has a little complexed controlling system and it is not dust resistant. In this case you must be aware about place where are you making your vlogs.
10. Olympus E-PL5 – Budget-Friendly Vlogging Camera with a Flip Screen & Great Battery Life
As a vlogger, this particular model would suit the best for your requirements.
Firstly – it’s lightweight and compact size makes it easy to carry and handle.
The interesting features of the camera make it a competitive candidate for the best vlogging camera with flip a screen name.
The camera is accompanied with a 14-42mm kit lens and a 16MP Live MOS sensor provided by Olympus that gives high-quality DSLR like images. It adds perfect color and brightness to the videos as well as pictures thus making your vlog post an attractive capture.
The speed of the camera functions is highly appreciable.The touch of the LED is fast and accurate and thus can focus perfectly merely by a single touch.
Not only this, the face and eyes detector enables instant autofocus thus giving a perfectly clear and focused picture.
The best example of its speedy capturing is its capability to capture 8 pictures within a second.
The camera has the amazing TruePic VI image processor that gives perfect color to your videos and pictures. The stunning picture stability inbuilt system allows you to capture the crispest and eye soothing pictures of mind-blowing quality.
Apart from this, the camera has more to offer to you by providing numerous creative and attractive filters which can be added to your videos and images. Also, the built-in slideshow option will also play background music along with the pictures, sounds nice?
The flip LED screen is a simple touchscreen that can be easily rotated to 170-degrees and helps you in making your own videos or taking pictures.
- Accurate and amazing focus
- High-quality images
- Comfortable grip and smart design
- The grips of the camera are interchangeable
- Mind-blowing battery life
- A perfect simple touchscreen tilting LED
- It is missing the pop-up flash
- A problem is faced when the pixels get smudged due to high ISO
Olympus E-PL is budget-friendly camera with the mind-blowing battery life - which is great! Despite some listed cons, this is one of the best vlogging cameras with a flip screen as well and if you are planning to start creating vlog - Olympus E-PL is a great choice.
Why Flip Screen Camera Is Important For Vlogging
Everybody has noticed that the fever of vlogging is spreading fast like a fire because of its ability to express oneself effectively over social media platforms.
Numerous platforms like YouTube or IGTV are available today for the Vloggers to upload their content either for friends and family only or even for the whole wide world.
Needless to say that:
In order to be a successful vlogger, you need to be aware of the changing trends and advancing technologies which make your posts better and attractive than others.
Since vlogging became popular activity, as a tool, many vloggers initially used the fixed-tripod cameras which turned out well for the videos which did not involve much of movement. But it loses the scope and versatility of moving around and recording something new and attractive.
To overcome the same, vlogging cameras with a flip screen gained a lot of attention!
In the article above, there were listed a few cameras which had the potential to be the best vlogging camera with a flip screen for your vlog.
The necessity to use a flip camera for making vlog posts aroused with the need of adding creativity and adventure to the videos, for which the movement was necessary. Some people said that even vlogging camera with flip screen helped them to overcome fear of vlogging in public – which is amazing!
Therefore, in order to be able to make an outstanding vlog post, it is necessary to own at least one of the best vlogging camera with a flip screen from the market.
- You can easily flip the screen around which gives you a perfect angle of the frame and helps you adjust accordingly.
- It allows you to keep track of your movements and visibility in the camera frame.
- You can see for yourself whether your movement is getting you out of the frame or not.
- Basically you are not confined to stay at one place to record, rather you can move around and film as per your requirement.
- Moreover, you can tilt the screen at various angles to be able to see exactly the part you want to on the desired position.
Thus, the above mentioned basic reasons when taken care of would make you vlog shooting easy as well as flawless.
With this heightened fever of Vlogging, it is necessary to understand the importance of the tools which enhance the Vlogs.
The first and foremost comes the selection of the best possible vlogging camera with a flip screen and then shooting a post that would be appreciated and loved by your audience!
Vlogging is undoubtedly a spectacular platform for self-expression. To master it, you just need to know the basics and you are good to go!
Glen Beker is 100% of time Blogger and Video Editor from Germany who lives and works most of the time in the United States.
He spend a lot of time by editing Video Blogs and giving advices to various Vloggers from all over the World!