TOP 10 Best Camcorders for YouTube Videos + Buyer’s Guide
Camcorders have been a companion to our happy memories for long. Also, for a long time, camcorders defined what a good video looks like.
While that job is completely taken over by smartphones and vlogging cameras today, camcorders remain the first choice for YouTube videos!
However, it’s not an easy job to find the best camcorder for the task. Let’s look at our provided list of the best camcorders for YouTube videos in 2019 and detailed information about why it is useful to have a camcorder in your vlogging equipment.All camcorders from this list were tested by vlogtribe.com editors.
Table of Contents
- TOP 10 Best Camcorders for YouTube Videos in 2019
- 1. Canon VIXIA HF G40 Full HD Camcorder – Best Camcorder for YouTube Videos in 2019 🏆
- 2. Sony HDR-PJ10 Camcorder – Perfect Camcorder for All Type of Vloggers & YouTubers
- 3. Camcorder 4K Kicteck Ultra HD Digital – Best Budget Camcorder for YouTube Videos in 2019
- 4. Canon VIXIA HF G30 HD Camcorder – Best Camcorder for YouTube Professionals for Affordable Price
- 5. Canon VIXIA HF R700 Camcorder – Best Handy Camcorder for Amateurs [Affordable Price]
- 6. Sony HDR-CX260V Camcorder – Best Camcorder in the List for Capturing Videos at Low Light
- 7. CofunKool Full HD 1080P Camcorder – Designed Camcorder for YouTube Videos
- 8. Sony – HDRCX405 HD Camcorder – Affordable Camcorder Capturing Great Footage Even in Low Light
- 9. Panasonic Full HD Camcorder HC-V180K – Better Suitable for the Beginners:
- 10. Video Camera Camcorder SOSUN HD – The Most Affordable Camcorder in Our List Under $100
- Advantages of a Camcorder
- Drawbacks and Issues of Camcorders
TOP 10 Best Camcorders for YouTube Videos in 2019
Now that we have collected enough knowledge about camcorders along with its pros and cons, let’s have a look at the top 10 best camcorders for YouTube videos here:
Differences between Optical Zoom and Digital Zoom READ HERE.
|Name||Flip Screen||Optical Zoom||Video Capture Resolution||Check|
Canon VIXIA HF G40 - Editor's Choice
1. Canon VIXIA HF G40 Full HD Camcorder – Best Camcorder for YouTube Videos in 2019 🏆
The VIXIA HF G40 is a camcorder that puts its entire stakes on quality and comes off with flying colors.
In general, Canon VIXIA HF G40 Full HD Camcorder is the best device for YouTube Videos and much more in 2019!
However, for some people, the price is too high. Despite this fact, this camera deserves every single penny!
Canon VIXIA HF G40 Full HD Camcorder Features:
- Canon VIXIA G40 gives a real HD experience with extremely high-quality videos and images
- The image and video quality are ensured by interesting features like Focus Assist, wide DR Gamma, Highlight Priority mode and Optical Image Stabilization
- The dual SD slots allow you to have up to 2 TB of memory storage at your disposal
- The WiFi is difficult to set up for some users
- The buttons, instead of making things simpler, actually make them all the more complicated
Canon VIXIA G40 is surely a gadget worth having, easily scoring as the best camcorders for YouTube video recording. The video/image capturing capabilities are far better than other camcorders available in this price range. However, it fails to give the more cutting-edge features that have made other camcorders interesting choices.
2. Sony HDR-PJ10 Camcorder – Perfect Camcorder for All Type of Vloggers & YouTubers
It tries to provide everything you might want from a camcorder for any YouTube videos, vlogs and then some more.
Check this camcorder features:
Sony HDR-PJ10 Camcorder Features:
- It comes with a built-in USB cable to quickly transfer files into a computer. Also, you can directly copy files to an external HDD without requiring a computer
- The built-in projector is the USP of this camcorder. It allows you to project the images and videos on any suitable surface. Thus, it largely eliminates the need for a computer
- Small weight and size make it easy to hold the device for a long period of time
- The device is not very sturdy and can get damaged easily
- Lack of slots for additional memory makes it hard to capture long videos; you would need to keep transferring data to other devices
Overall, Sony HDR-PJ10 is a cool choice for a camcorder. It follows all the classic tropes that a camcorder must follow. The built-in projector does stand out!
3. Camcorder 4K Kicteck Ultra HD Digital – Best Budget Camcorder for YouTube Videos in 2019
To be honest, if you are not chasing brands etc. and also look for a reliable not expensive camcorder for YouTube videos and so on, this should be a pick according to our opinion.
Moreover, the Kicteck 4K Ultra HD camcorder comes with some cool tricks up its sleeves, which also add additional value for the product.
Camcorder 4K kicteck Ultra HD Digital Features:
The camera has a handy design that is both cool and easy to handle. The 3-inch screen has a 270-degree rotation. It allows additional mounting of Wide Angle Lens and a microphone. Camera is built with high-class material.
- Being Wi-Fi-enabled makes it very easy to control the device. By installing the app, you can effectively convert your phone into a remote control and perform actions like click photo, record videos, and share files remotely
- The camcorder is lightweight and easy to carry around
- External SD/TF storage allows you to store up to 128GB of data
- The external microphone allows you to record superior-quality audio for the videos. With X-Y Stereo Pickup technology and Noise Cut filter, the audio quality is extremely good
- Despite claiming to be 4k, video quality does not have the quality you might desire. The same fault persists to the images too
- IR mode and WiFi drains the batteries very quickly
Kicteck Ultra HD 4K camcorder is a decent device to have if you are an amateur who wants to record some beautiful stuff. With its long battery life, ease of carrying, and IR/Wi-Fi mode, it is great for outdoor shooting. However, the video and image quality leaves something to be desired.
4. Canon VIXIA HF G30 HD Camcorder – Best Camcorder for YouTube Professionals for Affordable Price
For the most part, the G30 is similar to the G40 version.
There are only minute differences; but for some people, even little difference could mean a huge deal. Your decision depends on your filming level as well.
In the end, there is its considerably lower price label, which decides the final choice.
Canon VIXIA HF G30 HD Camcorder Features:
Like the G40, VIXIA G30 also has a DSLR-type look. However, it has a sleeker look with a strong build. It comes with manual buttons, joystick, and 3.4-inch OLED Touch Panel. You can also mount an external microphone and a tripod stand as well which might be required for YouTube videos.
It has a 20x optical zoom and 26mm wide angle and it supports both MP4 and AVCHD video formats plus 1080/60p recording in MP4 (35 Mbps).
The camcorder uses rechargeable Lithium-Ion metal batteries. It is said to operate for 3-4 hours under standard operation.
Canon G30 features inbuilt Wi-Fi which can be used with Canon’s Wi-Fi remote feature to control the camcorder remotely. The other ports included in the camcorder are USB ports, mini-HDMI, AV Out port, DC charging jack and a port for the microphone.
- Image and video quality is the selling point of this gadget
- The audio quality is also enhanced, thanks to Linear PCM audio recording and 5 audio modes to select
- It allows MP4 format recording which is much more compatible and easier to edit
- Visuals are further improved by features like DIGIC DV 4 image processor, slow-and-fast motion recording, 20x HD Optical Zoom lens, and Focus Assist
- Additional features make it easier to edit videos like composition aids and cinema filters
- The battery life could be better compared to the other camcorders. Unless you have a power source, you cannot hope to shoot outdoors for long periods
- Wireless control is a problem. The WiFi is hard to configure and even after connection does not provide adequate remote control over the device
Canon VIXIA G30 is like its successor in most aspects. Where it seems to be slightly better is the design and the manual controls. However, some other problems seem to persist even in this device. The price gap, however, makes you consider this device as one of the best camcorders for YouTube video creation in the budget category.
5. Canon VIXIA HF R700 Camcorder – Best Handy Camcorder for Amateurs [Affordable Price]
It provides almost everything you might want from a camcorder for YouTube videos and does an excellent job at that for a very decent price!
Canon VIXIA HF R700 Camcorder Features:
- It can draw power directly from wall charger and run for days, making it great for time-lapse videos
- The video quality is very smooth and contains no patchy segments at all. It justifies the 1080p Full HD resolution
- The image quality is also superior due to multi-mode image stabilization
- The SDXC card can store up to 2TB of data, making it an ideal choice for long video recordings
- It doesn’t come with software of its own, so no dedicated application to use the device
- The 57x long zoom often blurs the image and even auto-focus is not able to clear the focus
- There are not enough manual features available. Also, it is not Wi-Fi-enabled
Like always, Canon doesn't disappoint as far as quality is considered. The R700 is a handy device for capturing good quality images and videos. Any drawback is minor and could be ignored. Frankly telling, it is one of the best camcorders for YouTube videos you can buy right now for a very good price.
6. Sony HDR-CX260V Camcorder – Best Camcorder in the List for Capturing Videos at Low Light
Despite lacking in areas that its competitors excel in, according to its price the camcorder has some fantastic features to boast.
Let’s dive into camcorder features:
Sony HDR-CX260V Camcorder Features:
- The embedded memory allows you to instantly record videos while built-in USB cable allows you to transfer files directly to an external HDD (without needing a PC/laptop/tablet)
- Interesting features like Geotagging, Intelligent Auto, and Event Browse makes it easier to shoot and capture
- Golf Shot is the USP of this device
- Wind Noise reduction and Clear Voice allows you to record superior quality audio
- There is no slot of external memory cards, which is a big drawback
- The battery life is quite low compared to other camcorders
Sony HDR-CX260V could easily be one of the best camcorders for YouTube video creation. The features and image quality is one of the better ones. Its drawbacks restrict it from outdoor usage. However, for YouTube creators in their studios, it might be a great choice after all.
7. CofunKool Full HD 1080P Camcorder – Designed Camcorder for YouTube Videos
However, does it deliver the punch?
Yes, pretty much.
Video Camera Camcorder CofunKool Features:
- The camcorder comes with a host of accessories like a microphone, wide angle lens, and remote control, which makes it a complete package for YouTubers
- There are built-in features to facilitate better image capturing like Face Detect, Beauty Face, and Anti-Shake
- Both zoom and focus are fast and to-the-point, allowing you to capture or record without wasting time
- The wide angle and macro lens increase not only view but also the clarity
- The memory is only expandable up to 32GB, which is not much
- The battery lasts for only 1.5 hours, so you would need to charge repeatedly
Hands down, CofunKool camcorder is one of the best camcorders for YouTube videos. It really has everything a YouTuber would need to create his/her videos. So, this is one of the best deals you can have for the purpose and the price.
8. Sony – HDRCX405 HD Camcorder – Affordable Camcorder Capturing Great Footage Even in Low Light
The HDRCX405 is trying to break into that niche with a cool portfolio. It has tried to keep things simple with minimal features and interface.
However, what it does, it does well.
The reason why we listed this camera in 8th place is lack of external microphone which necessary for YouTube videos.
Sony HDRCX405 HD Camcorder Features:
- The Optical and Clear Image zoom is impressive, allowing you to record from over a large distance
- The interface is easy to use; one can simply unpack and start shooting with the device
- Visual quality is great despite the limited features. The HD quality videos are clear, while the MP4 codec gives you an easy-to-edit format
- The device is very easy to carry around, given its small size and weight
- There are many features missing from it which are provided by the competing models. For instance, there is no Wi-Fi and thus, you can transfer files only via USB cable
- The device is made of light plastic which can break easily under fall
- No slot for an external microphone, so you would have to make do with the built-in mic only
The Sony HDRCX405 is sure a cool camcorder to have, especially if you want something easy to carry around outdoors. However, it is probably not the best choice if you are prone to dropping your camcorder. Also, if you are choosing this camcorder for YouTube videos, take a not that this camera doesn't have a slot for external mic.
9. Panasonic Full HD Camcorder HC-V180K – Better Suitable for the Beginners:
Further inspection reveals some gaping holes, but still, even without external microphone input, the product comes through as one of the coolest camcorders for YouTube videos.
In general, you can use it for streaming, taking with yourself around, and so on.
Panasonic Full HD Camcorder HC-V180K Features:
- The large zoom allows you to record and shoot things that are a large distance away
- The camcorder allows you great creative control over your recordings, including time-lapse, filters, and special effects
- The audio quality is superior even through the built-in mic. Additionally, the audio is adjusted when you are zooming in on objects
- It has far better battery life than other camcorders in the same range
- There is no port for external microphone input, which puts it as a serious disadvantage
- The poor touchscreen of the LCD panel along with a poorly designed interface makes it very hard to use the menu options
Overall, the Panasonic HC-V180k is an excellent camcorder for beginners, but for YouTube videos it has some major drawbacks. It gets all the basic stuff done without any complexity. It may not be one of the best camcorders for YouTube videos due to average picture quality and lack of an external mic, but it is great for beginners.
10. Video Camera Camcorder SOSUN HD – The Most Affordable Camcorder in Our List Under $100
The HD 1080P video camera camcorder is explicitly made to target that and does a good job at it too.
If you have a budget of around $100 and also you are looking for a decent camcorder for YouTube videos – it might be your choice.
Video Camera Camcorder SOSUN HD Features:
- The camcorder has a decent battery backup, easily allowing to record long
- It is small and easy to use for long periods
- It has a decent image and video quality in its price range
- There is only a single video format, making it necessary to convert in most cases
- The expandable memory storage is not large enough
- Video quality is not very high
- No external mic could be attached to it
Even though the SOSUN camcorder might not be one of the best camcorders for YouTube videos, it still has many decent functions. It has the lowest price compared to other products in this list, making it a great choice for beginners
Advantages of a Camcorder
The mere fact that camcorders are still in fashion speaks volumes about its utility.
While mobile phones and standard vlogging cameras have become the primary medium for capturing videos today, camcorders are still going strong for YouTubers.
Larger Data Storage:
Despite the ease of recording videos on mobile phones (very popular at this moment), the fact remains that you have limited memory on the device.
On top of that, this storage is also utilized by other applications, their app data, and whatever else you use on your phone. In the case of digital cameras too, the limited data storage results in “Not Enough Space Available” message popping up quite often.
However, camcorders come with their flash memory slots that can store a lot of data. Flash data storage is also relatively cheaper, so you can easily carry backups with you.
Taking up from the previous point, the limited data also limits the length of your videos. Most digital cameras come with a self-imposed limit on the lenght of the video recorder. This makes long videos, like recording a match or creating a time-lapse video, virtually impossible.
Phone cameras, on the other hand, can’t handle long videos at all. The high processing required to capture videos usually drains them of battery soon; if not, the memory might get filled pretty quickly.
However, camcorders are specifically designed to record long videos. There is no default limit on the length; you can record as long as there is free memory storage. Typically, camcorders can record 3 hours of video without breaking a sweat.
Camcorders could record at 60fps (Frames Per Second) or more. This has a significant impact on the quality of the video recorded. In general, the best camcorders for YouTube videos have a quality still unmatched by even the latest phones or cameras.
Something similar happens in the case of audio. Digital cameras are mostly optimized for still images, which have no sound. Moreover, mobile phones have microphones specialized for calls only.
Camcorders, on the other hand, have dedicated microphones (or slots to add additional audio equipment) which result in superior sound quality!
Ease of Use:
Imagine you want to record a long video – how are you going to do that?
Digital cameras are made for taking a few shots and then keeping them back (in the side-pocket or hanging from the neck). Mobile phones can only go back into the pocket as well. In both cases, the only way to shoot a long video is by holding the device in hand for the said period. Needless to say, it is not a very comfortable situation.
On the other hand, camcorders keep in mind the requirements for shooting long videos. They have a great grip on the device and are equipped to be fitted on a tripod stand.
While digital cameras and mobile phones offer many features for still images, the same could not be said about video recording.
However, camcorders come with a host of features for the same. You could zoom in and out to greater lengths, adjust the exposure, and apply filters on the videos while recording. Thus, you can customize the video you are recording without necessarily having to edit it on video editing software.
Drawbacks and Issues of Camcorders
Camcorders Aren’t Upgrading:
For example, mobile phones started recording VGA videos a decade ago. Today, they are capable of recording 4K videos at 60fps.
On the other hand, the resolution of camcorders has more or less remained the same. This helped smartphones to catch up, and they might soon overtake camcorders regarding sheer video quality.
While it is quite easy to record and edit videos on camcorders, sharing them is a whole different issue.
While you don’t have to use cables anymore, thanks to the Wi-Fi feature, the fact remains that you still have to transfer the videos to your computer/phone before you can share them.
Not Easy to Carry:
Needless to say, that It is very easy to record long videos with a camcorder, but carrying them is a far great headache as camcorders tend to be heavier than digital cameras and far heavier than casual vlogging cameras or smartphones.
These were the best camcorders for YouTube videos you can find to buy online. Needless to say that each of them has its pros and cons, and in the end, you should decide which product matches your needs the best.
If you have any questions which camcorder to choose, leave a comment below or write us directly.
Hi! Glad you visit my Blog! My name is Glen Beker and I’m 100% of time Blogger and Video Editor from Germany, but most of my time I do live and work in the United States.
I spend a lot of my time by editing various video blogs (vlogs) and giving editing and vlogging advises to many starting vloggers from all over the World!
If you want to consult with me about vlogging – feel free to contact with me!