Most of the professional YouTubers will say the same that lighting can significantly impact the videos and their quality.
This is the main reason why filmmakers, TikTokers, Makeup artists, and YouTubers are very serious when talking about the best ring lights.
You need to make your audience think or say “wow” after watching your video, especially if you are a makeup artist, streamer, or casual vlogger. Basically, any kind of video requires great lighting.
Here’s the deal:
The high-quality videos are made not only because of the expensive DSLR camera with a great lens, but also you need to have great lighting. Having a decent ring light for your videos will help you to increase video views at least 2x times!
In this article, we will go through the most important aspects when choosing ring lights for video and give the most popular suggestions.
Table of Contents
- When Should You Use Ring Light for Video?
- How to Use a Ring Light for Video?
- Best Ring Lights for YouTube
- 1. Neewer Outer Dimmable – Best Univeral Ring Light
- 2. Inkeltech Ring Light – Recommended Ring Light for Makeup Vlogs
- 3. UBeesize Mini Led Camera Ring Light – Best Budget-Friendly Ring Light for Vloggers and TikTokers
- 4. LED Ring Light with Tripod Stand – Most Simple Ring Light for Under $20
- 5. Ring Light LED 360 – Great 360-Degrees Rotating Ring Light [Perfect for Beginners]
When Should You Use Ring Light for Video?
A long time ago, originally, ring lights were made for medical or dental purposes. However, it has gained huge popularity and now this type of lighting is the most popular among daily YouTubers and makeup artists.
Typically, a ring light is easy to use and suitable for both beginners and professional YouTubers.
- Due to the design of this light, it allows users to put their cameras in the middle of the light and enables them to focus on specific details.
- Besides, using a ring light when taking images or thumbnails, you are getting perfectly balanced lighting that drops evenly on the face or a subject that you are taking a pic of.
- Last but not least, the ring light produces a beautiful halo shadow that outlines the subject that you are filming.
How to Use a Ring Light for Video?
The correct and most popular way to use a ring light is to place it in front of the object or a face and put the camera in the middle of the light to get the perfect lighting angle.
It is always better to use the ring light traditionally before you start experimenting.
Another way to use this light type is to mount the ring light up high out of the way from the view of the camera, in other words, behind the subject as a “hair light.” In this way, you are getting a beautiful background or separation from the subject from the background.
I recommend checking out the video below on how to set up a ring light for your vlog.
Best Ring Lights for YouTube
Now we will go through the best ring lights for everyone’s needs: from YouTubers to TikTokers and review what each of the lights is used for, and why they are the best in 2022.
All ring lights from this list were reviewed by vlogtribe.com editors.
|Name||Phone / Camera Holder||Max Height||Check|
Neewer Outer Dimmable - Editor's Choice
|Yes||78" / 2 m|
|Yes||75" / 1.9 m|
|Yes||51" / 1.3 m|
|Separate||6" / 18 cm|
|Yes||14" / 35 cm|
1. Neewer Outer Dimmable – Best Univeral Ring Light
Besides, the brand is popular for its photography, video, and music equipment. They are making premium-quality products for you to enjoy and buy at the lowest cost possible.
When you are looking for the best ring light for vlogging that you are making, the Newer brand will definitely have great stuff to offer.
The Newer Ring light, in our editor’s opinion, is one of the best universal ring lighting for recording high-quality videos, as it is simple and easy-to-use.
Furthermore, it is not an expensive one, so if you are a beginner that wants to have great lighting equipment for your YouTube or TikTok videos, then this is a perfect option.
The Newer ring light is 18″ (48cm) wide and comes with 240 LED bulbs in total. The best part is that this ring light is extremely bright. If you are filming in a smaller room, the ring light will shine the entire room. Many competitor ring lights have many more bulbs (as the first one, for example), but for a consumer – it is quite enough.
The ring light is made out of sturdy and strong material, the height is also adjustable from 36.2″ (92 cm) to 78.7″ (2 m). The Newer ring light uses way less energy than most of the other ring lights out in the market, making it more economical and environment-friendly to use.
Also, the ring light is made out of sturdy and robust material, and it means it will last longer. The Newer ring light comes with white and orange color filters so that you can get cold or warm lighting options. This enhances skin tones.
There are a rotatable smartphone and camera holder and a hot shoe adapter to fit your filming device and lock it into position.
- The Newer ring light comes with 240 LED bulbs, which are enough for vlogging.
- It comes with white and orange color filters to enhance the skin tone for the video.
- The height is adjustable, so you can put it on the ground or the top of your desk.
- Strong and sturdy aluminum alloy frame.
2. Inkeltech Ring Light – Recommended Ring Light for Makeup Vlogs
However, this is, according to our opinion, best designed for makeup artists, live streaming, or taking selfies. Soon you are going to find out why.
First of all, this ring light can be controlled via the IR remote control, which can be used to 5 meters away. You can adjust the color temperature and you don’t have to use any color filters at all. This allows you to quickly and easily change skin tones, which is an important feature for makeup artists. It adds comfort as you can shoot a video with a press of a button from a distance.
You can check the makeup in warm or cold lighting mode. Besides, this ring light has a rotating phone holder, retractable tripod and helps you to capture a different level of angles and brightness.
The phone holder is suitable for the most popular smartphones like iPhone, Samsung, and Huawei.
Also, the ring light is flexible and you can use it outdoors if you need it, as Sony Batteries power it. There is an indicator light on the back of the lights’ stand, which is showing you the status of the battery. When the indicator is not flashing, this means that your batteries are fully charged.
When the batteries are running out of energy, the indicator will start flashing with the red light. Don’t worry if the ring light is not working with the batteries, you can simply plug in it and continue to use it.
- The Inkeltech has 480 LED bulbs, which make the lighting stronger and more intense.
- You can change the lighting temperature via IR remote control or press a record button to start recording the video or take a picture from a distance.
- The travel bag is included for easy transportation.
- The ring light is powered with batteries, which allows you to use it as a wireless ring light.
3. UBeesize Mini Led Camera Ring Light – Best Budget-Friendly Ring Light for Vloggers and TikTokers
It is a small 2-in-1 device that can be used as a ring light and a smartphone tripod. A great lighting option to take away all the unwanted shadows and be shooting a video even in the dark areas.
It comes with 3 color-changing modes: warm, natural, and cold light, which has 11 brightness modes, which makes 33 different options in total.
Here’s the deal:
You are getting a lot of lighting modes for that price, so it’s definitely one of the best picks for vloggers who are tight on a budget.
The UBeesize ring light is powered by a USB cable, so it doesn’t require any batteries. The item is made out of sturdy and robust material that will last for a long time.
The ring light comes with Bluetooth remote control. It allows you to control the ring light from a distance. This is comfortable because you can adjust the lighting, sit down, get ready to start a YouTube or TikTok video, and just press a button to start filming. The phone holder is strong and keeps the device locked in place.
- It comes with 3 color options: cold, natural, and warm and has 11 brightness levels, so 33 color modes in total.
- Bluetooth remote control for easy operating from a distance.
- USB cable powered, doesn’t require batteries.
4. LED Ring Light with Tripod Stand – Most Simple Ring Light for Under $20
In general, it is a perfect purchase for beginners who haven’t tried any ring lights yet.
Here’s the deal: you really won’t overpay for this gadget, but for sure, you will notice a difference in the video quality.
It brings out a great lighting effect. You can adjust your appropriate brightness and color temperature levels.
If you are shooting your videos indoors and the lighting isn’t great, turn on this ring light and adjust the lighting brightness according to the environment.
There are 11 brightness levels in total and 3 color temperatures: warm yellow, warm white, and white. USB powered, so you don’t have to worry about the batteries. A simple, small and easy-to-use ring light that you can take everywhere with you and shoot a nice YouTube video.
- Comes with 11 brightness levels and 3 color temperature options: warm yellow, warm white, and white.
- A simple and small ring light that can be used as a selfie ring light or ring light for streaming Youtube videos.
- USB cable powered, don’t have to worry about the batteries.
- Suitable to use with most of the iPhone and Samsung smartphones.
5. Ring Light LED 360 – Great 360-Degrees Rotating Ring Light [Perfect for Beginners]
It comes with a 360-degree adjustable tripod stand, a smartphone stand, and Bluetooth remote control.
Also, this ring light comes with 3 color options: white, warm white, and warm light and 10 adjustable brightness levels, so you can easily set the lighting that you need for your YouTube video recording.
This ring light could be suitable for any type of video: streaming, vlogging, or makeup tutorial. Also, you can use it as photography lighting.
Besides, the Yesker ring light comes with Bluetooth remote control, so you can control your lighting option up to 10 meters away. Rotatable smartphone holder and camera tripod can be flipped 360-degrees, which allows you to place your device at any different angle.
- The ring light comes with 3 color options: white, warm white, warm light, and 10 brightness levels.
- Has Bluetooth remote control, which allows controlling the ring light up to 10 meters away.
- 360-degree rotating smartphone holder.
- Non-slip rubber tripod foot, which secures the ring light and makes it stand in place.
Always choose a ring light based on your needs and budget. There are so many great ring light options to choose from that you can simply feel confused at the end of the day.
These reviewed ring lights for your videos are the main ones that most of the TikTokers, streamers, vloggers, makeup artists, and photographers are using in 2022.
Some of them have a lot of great features that a professional YouTuber can use. Some of the ring lights are more suitable for beginners who are looking for a small and simple way to improve video quality.