TOP 10 Best 4K Vlogging Cameras for YouTube
If you are planning of getting a camera with the real 4K recording capacity, then you should know what are the best 4K vlogging cameras and why they are so amazing for vlogging.
Here’s the deal:
Having a good quality vlogging camera can be a great fit for your equipment.
If your budget allows, having a 4K camera for vlogging, it will increase your YouTube channel’s quality at this moment and also in the future drastically!
Table of Contents
- What is 4K Resolution?
- What’s the Difference Between 1080p and 4K?
- Is it Worth to Buy 4K Camera for YouTube Videos?
- TOP 10 Best 4K Vlogging Cameras
- 1. Sony RX100 VII – TOP 4K Camera for Vlogging
- 2. Sony Alpha a6500 – 4K Vlogging Camera with the Superb Performance
- 3. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV – Professional 4K Camera for Vlogging
- 4. Sony Alpha a6300 – Great Value for Daily Vlogging
- 5. Nikon D7500 – Budget-Friendly 4K DSLR Camera
- 6. PANASONIC LUMIX G85 – 4K Vlogging Camera for Capturing Extreme Shots
- 7. PANASONIC LUMIX G7 – Best Budget 4K Vlogging Camera
- 8. PANASONIC LUMIX DC-ZS70K – The Cheapest Camera From the List
- 9. GoPro HERO 8 Black – Top 4K Action Camera
- 10. Nikon Coolpix W300 – Most Sturdy 4K Compact Camera for Vlogging
What is 4K Resolution?
If you are having a 4K quality camera, this means that you have a clearer and better-defined picture. You can see a better texture and details.
Needless to say that, 4K resolution is no longer a new thing nowadays. A lot of platforms and TVs are capable of 4k and Ultra-HD.
Netflix and Amazon updated their platforms to 4K resolution in the past few years, also now you can watch YouTube in 4K, which means that people are using 4K cameras to increase the quality.
What’s the Difference Between 1080p and 4K?
You may be familiar with 1080p HD video quality, as most of the time, people are filming in this quality. It has become a standard definition for most of the YouTube videos.
Even some of the DSLR cameras have a full 1080p HD video recording capability. This turns out to be easy for a budget-conscious amateur videographer to get a great quality camera.
4K is also can be known as UHD (ultra high definition) and the 1080p is known as only high definition. You can now understand, that 4K has a better quality.
You can see easily the pixel difference also: 4K has 3840×2160 pixels and 1080p has 1920×1080 pixels.
You might be wondering:
If a human eye can see the difference, the answer is it depends on the screen size. If you have a bigger screen and a smaller room – you will see the difference. Even if you are in a large room, you can still see the difference. Here’s the example below.
Source: Digital Trends
Is it Worth to Buy 4K Camera for YouTube Videos?
If you are looking to buy the camera for vlogging with 4K quality, that you should probably find out why is it worth to upgrade and to film your YouTube videos with it.
- First of all, you can shoot Ultra HD videos and improve the quality of your channel. Besides, you can compress your 4K into 1080p and remain the quality just with the smaller size.
- 4K video quality also can open a lot of doors in editing, will save your time in color banding and allows you to improve your video stabilizing.
- 4K resolution is expected to be the key in the near future, so most video makers and vloggers are already opting out of standard Full HD cameras.
What happens if you compress 4K video quality to 1080p?
Don’t worry about the quality, as it only reduces the size of the video but you will still have a better quality than a normal resolution.
TOP 10 Best 4K Vlogging Cameras
All 4K cameras from this list were tested by vlogtribe.com editors.
The final score and of the camera is based on these main criteria:
- Easy to Use;
|Name||Mic. Jack||Flip Screen||Check|
Sony RX100 VII - Editor's Choice
|Yes||Flip up 90º|
1. Sony RX100 VII – TOP 4K Camera for Vlogging
It has a 24-200mm equivalent F2.8-4.5 lens and features an easier-to-use autofocus system. The design of the RX100 VII is very simple and delicate. You can see that this camera is small and compatible, goes into your pocket very easily.
It has a pop-up viewfinder which is comfortable to use and built-in flash if you want to shoot in the dark.
In general, this camera is very suitable for YouTube vloggers because it has that lovable tilting screen.
The Sony RX100 VII brings out three updated features:
- Microphone input for better and clearer audio quality;
- Improved 4K for better videos and stabilization and the Movie Eye AF.
- The best feature could be probably the mic input, as this allows you to plug an external microphone and improve not only your video but audio quality as well.
- 20MP 1″ type stacked CMOS sensor and built-in DRAM;
- 24-200mm equivalent F2.8-4.5 zoom lenses;
- 20 fps continuous shooting feature without blackout;
- 3″ touchscreen which can be flipped up 180° or down by 90°;
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC connections;
- Small and compatible.
Overall, it is quite an expensive vlogging camera but it worths every single penny. This could be named as the best 4K vlogging camera for everyone who loves creating video and making vlogs. Also, it is a great investment in the future. You would be able to provide a great video and audio quality which is needed if you want to make your YouTube channel stand out.
2. Sony Alpha a6500 – 4K Vlogging Camera with the Superb Performance
The a6500 model is sitting at the top of Sony’s APS-C mirrorless cameras list. Also, it is a particularly strong camera for shooting vlogs and videos.
The camera comes with in-body 5-axis image stabilization and can be used with OSS stabilized lenses as well.
Moreover, the camera does come with the ability to shoot full 4K which makes it a great camera that every YouTuber would want to have.
When talking about the body design of the camera, the a6500 is similar to the a6300 model. It has the same half-metal and half-plastic construction which is built around with a magnesium frame. The 3″ touchscreen pulls away and can be flipped allowing you to see yourself while vlogging.
- 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor with 425fps;
- 3″ tilting touchscreen;
- 11fps continuous shooting;
- 4K movie no pixel binning;
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC connections;
- 5-axis image stabilization.
The Sony Alpha a6500 comes with great new features and outstands the a6300 model. It is a high-end mirrorless camera with 24MP sensor and the ability to shoot 4K videos, so you will definitely be enjoying the vlogging experience.
3. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV – Professional 4K Camera for Vlogging
Canon has been known as one of the best camera manufacturers in the world.
The Canon 5D Mark IV EOS SLR camera is a great way to take stunning pictures and shoot high-quality 4K videos for your YouTube channel.
This camera has a 30.4 MP full-frame CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 6+ image processor which allows you to shoot in a full 4K quality.
The design of the 5D Mark IV camera is improved also.
The hump where you can find the optical viewfinder is larger and allows you to accommodate Wi-Fi and GPS units a little bit better.
Besides, the grip feels smoother and it feels more secure while holding the camera in the hand. The body has a sealing which makes the camera weatherproof and you can be shooting your vlog in all kinds of weather.
- 4 MP CMOS full-frame sensor;
- DCI 4K 30/24p video + 4K frame grab;
- 61-point autofocus system with 41 cross-type sensors;
- ISO 100-32000;
- 7 fps continuous shooting feature;
- Wi-Fi, NFC, and GPS;
- It has improved weather sealing which makes the camera be suitable to use in any kind of weather.
If you are looking for a best 4K camera for vlogging in 2020, the Canon 5D Mark IV EOS SLR camera can be the one. Despite the fact that this camera is really heavy and expensive, you can say that it is still a big investment if you are looking for ways to improve your channels' quality. The Mark IV EOS camera is certainly not for beginners to have, as there are a lot of functions that you need to have practice with, but if you are a professional YouTuber - this might be the one.
4. Sony Alpha a6300 – Great Value for Daily Vlogging
The main feature that this camera has – super-fast autofocus, the camera can focus within 0.05 seconds. It is the world’s fastest autofocus mode.
It also has one of the highest in the world focus points – 425-points. But these features are not the only ones that make the Alpha a6300 the perfect device for the vlogs.
Alpha a6300 has 24.2MP which makes the quality of videos and pictures so good, that you can see every detail in your vlog or image. An ultimate 4K video recording is what you should notice while filming with the Alpha a6300.
The Alpha a6300 body is made from strong magnesium alloy, which makes the camera very stable and secure. Also, it is moisture and dustproof, so you can film your vlog in extreme conditions.
If you want to shoot with the added lens, the grip and robust lens mount makes it easy to do.
The Alpha a6300 has the new shutter button, which is very easy to reach while holding the camera in the hands. It has comfortable and middle-finger hugging curves to make it very easy to hold the camera in the hands. You have the comfort and safety even with a larger lens.
- 2 MP CMOS sensor with 425 phase-detection points;
- Tilting rear touchscreen;
- 11 fps continuous shooting for better quality;
- 1/4000 sec maximum shutter speed.
This is a great pocket-size 4K vlogging camera for everyday usage that can improve your video quality. It might not be on the very expensive side, and it delivers the amazing video quality for sure.
5. Nikon D7500 – Budget-Friendly 4K DSLR Camera
This is a mid-range DSLR camera with a 20.9 MP sensor and an updated image processor.
The Nikon D7500 camera has a new body design which makes it lighter and more comfortable to hold in the hands.
Besides, the camera has improved weather sealing feature, so you will be able to be vlogging in any kind of weather.
The grip of the Nikon D7500 is deeper compared to its predecessor. The DSLR camera has a tilting touchscreen which is very likable among the vloggers.
As you noticed, Nikon D7500 can shoot 4K video. In UHD shooting mode there is a 1.5x crop feature that limits the ability of wide shots.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- First of all, the autofocus in video shooting is a bit noisy and jumpy and if you want to switch to manual focus – there is no focus peaking option;
- It is also can be hard to get a steady handheld video because the stabilization is not that great;
- 9MP CMOS sensor;
- 51-point phase-detect Autofocus;
- 2″ tilting touchscreen;
- Deeper grip for comfortable handling;
- Updated and better weather sealing;
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections.
If we are going to make verdict from the money side, the Nikon D7500 is one of the best budget DSLR 4K vlogging cameras. But for those who are seeking professional experience from this DSLR, there are better choices in the market.
6. PANASONIC LUMIX G85 – 4K Vlogging Camera for Capturing Extreme Shots
If you are looking for one of the best affordable 4K vlogging cameras – the G85 is the one for you.
Just like most of the Panasonic cameras, the G85 has a lot of great video features. For example, the camera has focus peaking, zebra highlight warning feature and the level of the microphone can be adjusted, if needed.
The Panasonic Lumix G85 can be certainly treated as one of the best cheap 4K vlogging cameras in 2020. As expected, 4K video footage shot by this camera is excellent so far.
The G85 is made in the DSLR camera style and offers a great balance between physical controls, customizable button options, and touch ability. With a simple kit lens or similar lenses that are attached to this camera, you can hold the camera even with one hand and still feel the secureness.
The camera’s body is “wrapped” with a rubber-like material and feels comfortable and safe while holding the device.
Overall, the Panasonic Lumix G85 camera is easy to use and operate, it has a large touchscreen where you can see every little detail.
- 16MP Four Thirds sensor;
- 5-axis image stabilization feature;
- Splash and dust-proof body;
- 3″ fully-articulating touchscreen.
If you are on a budget and looking for a best vlogging camera with 4K quality, the Panasonic Lumix G85 is extremely appealing for enthusiasts. It has a lightweight and waterproof body, so you can shoot 4K videos in all kind of weather.
7. PANASONIC LUMIX G7 – Best Budget 4K Vlogging Camera
Here’s the deal:
It is one of the best 4K vlog cameras under $500. It offers 16MP Four Thirds sensor and can shoot a 4K quality video.
The G7 is great if you are a beginner who is looking for a camera to practice skills with or looking for a smaller DSLR.
The Panasonic Lumix G7 has a stand-out feature – video shooting. It can shoot a full 4K UHD video and offers a wide range of great tools to ease the shooting even if you stick to 1080 resolution.
The camera has full exposure control when shooting a video. It can autofocus during shooting, but the manual autofocus is slightly better.
The G7 looks like the miniaturized mid-level DSLR. It is a pretty small device, compared to the normal DSLR cameras. The grip makes it very easy to hold and feels secure in the hands. The G7 has a fully articulating screen that is comfortable when video shooting.
- 16MP Four Thirds CMOS sensor;
- Can shoot full 4K videos;
- Fully-articulated touchscreen;
- Wi-Fi feature for remote shooting.
Overall, the Panasonic Lumix G7 is a great all-rounder camera which can take solid images and capable of full 4K UHD video shooting. It has a compact and lightweight body design, easy to navigate the control buttons.
8. PANASONIC LUMIX DC-ZS70K – The Cheapest Camera From the List
It has a 20.3MP sensor that can shoot full 4K UHD photos and videos. Also, this camera is suitable for 4K vlogging because it has a tilting touchscreen useful for taking selfies or shooting from high angles. The screen is pretty much slim-sized and not bulky.
This pocket-sized camera has a super-zoom lens with a 30x optical range. The Panasonic Lumix ZS70 camera has generally great image and video quality.
The metering system does a great job of balancing and the iDynamic feature affects better contrast conditions. If you are shooting in great lighting, the 4K video is surprisingly good according to the camera’s size. All the details in the video are clear and sharp.
However, you don’t get the 5-axis OIS system while shooting in 4K quality as you get while shooting regular HD videos, but the camera still has a noticeable effect. If you are a beginner, it could take some time for the lens to focus on a specific object, but when it does it does perfectly.
The camera’s body design is sleek and smooth while still keeping a secure feeling while holding it in the hands. A Live View Finder is in a comfortable positioning keeping the monitoring at the eye-level. The Panasonic Lumix ZS70K is a camera with a flip screen and has a 3″ tilting touchscreen which vloggers love because you can see yourself while filming. Also, it makes high-angle shooting more comfortable.
- 3″ High-sensitivity 20.3MP MOS sensor;
- 3″ tilting touchscreen;
- Rubber grip and a thumb rest for secure handling;
- Light speed AF and Touch AF;
- 10 fps burst shooting.
The Panasonic Lumix ZS70 has enough features to satisfy the full range of users that are looking for a simple and small 4K vlogging camera. It is not the best of the best, but it sure does the job right. If you don't have a massive budget for a vlogging camera, this camera should be a perfect option for you.
9. GoPro HERO 8 Black – Top 4K Action Camera
It has a 12MP sensor and a wide-angle lens. The top video shooting resolution is 4K at 60fps and full HD at 240fps.
The most exciting part that the GoPro Hero 8 Black camera has a HyperSmooth 2.0 technology that delivers extremely great video stabilization which is almost the same as you would use a gimbal.
If you are an action vlogger and you are looking for an action camera with 4K vlogging ability, this one is for you!
The design of the Hero 8 is quite simple and very solid. It has a rugged and rubbered body, streamlined design, similar to the Hero 7 Black action camera, however, the sides of the Hero 8 is smooth as the front. The action camera has a simple plastic frame that is wrapping all the body of the camera.
GoPro Hero 8 black is more like an amazing smartphone and it makes it simple and easy to use.
- Offers a 4K vlogging experience;
- The action camera is waterproof up to 10 meters (without case);
- Offers HyperSmooth 2.0 feature which works as a perfect video stabilization;
- It has time-lapse and slow-motion modes.
It is not a big step forward from GoPro Hero 7 Black, but the Hero 8 Black action camera offers excellent 4K video quality which is super important if you are an action vlogger. Also, the camera has updated image stabilization feature called HyperSmooth 2.0 which works well like with a gimbal.
10. Nikon Coolpix W300 – Most Sturdy 4K Compact Camera for Vlogging
This camera is dustproof, waterproof and can film even up to 30 meters. Also, the W300 is freezeproof to -10ºC and can be dropped from 2.4 meters on the hard floor and still be able to shoot.
Overall, the Nikon Coolpix W300 camera takes great quality pictures and full 4K videos.
However, don’t expect DSLR quality as it is a small and compact little camera, even with the max wide-angle setting you can still get a fish-eye effect. Even on cloudy rainy days, this camera can deliver sharp details and contrast in the video shooting.
Nikon Coolpix W300 is a pocket-sized small camera that can shoot a video in any kind of weather condition. It weighs 231g in total, so it is pretty lightweight and comfortable to use. It comes in a variety of eye-catching colors. As a result, the design of the device is attractive and eye-catchy.
The camera’s body is focused more on the functional side rather that style. Most of the users would enjoy easily accessible controls placed on the back, side, and top of the camera.
- Full 4K video recording feature;
- New design and updated grip for better and more secure holding;
- Bluetooth connectivity;
- Dustproof, waterproof, shockproof and can shoot up to 30 meters underwater.
Overall, the Nikon Coolpix W300 camera will provide the tools and features that you need in a strong and sturdy pocket-sized 4K camera. It can take great quality videos and pictures in any kind of condition, even up to 30 meters underwater. If you love vlogging and creating videos in extreme conditions, you should think about increasing the quality of your video with 4K resolution by using this camera.
Sometimes getting the 4K vlogging camera can be expensive, especially if you already own a great 1080p camera.
However, if you are someone who is looking for a way to update your YouTube channel quality, this might be a great investment. Of course, you need to consider a lot of things first before buying any kind of 4K vlogging camera, for example, your shooting preferences, type of vlogging, etc.
After all, buying one of the best 4K vlogging cameras can be a hard task to do, hoping that you can find the right one from the list above.
Nowadays you can find a lot of great deals which makes it a great way to save your money. If you are going to pick yourself a camera with 4K quality, we hope that our review helped you.