TOP 10 Best 4K Vlogging Cameras for YouTube in 2021
If you plan to get a camera with the real 4K recording capacity for perfect YouTube videos, then you should know what the best 4K vlogging cameras are and why they are so amazing for vlogging.
Here’s the deal:
Having a good quality, 4K resolution camera for vlogging should be a great additional fit for your vlogging equipment.
I can guarantee you that 4K resolution is not super expensive anymore and having that quality camera for video recording and vlogging will increase your YouTube channel’s quality noticeably!
Keep in mind:
Each 4K resolution camera also has FULL / ULTRA HD quality of ideal resolution, so you will have a choice of what resolution videos to shoot.
Table of Contents
- What is 4K Resolution?
- What’s the Difference Between 1080p and 4K?
- TOP 10 Best 4K Cameras for Vlogging
- 1. Sony RX100 VII – Finest 4K Quality Compact Camera for Vlogging
- 2. Sony Alpha 6600 – One of The Best Vlogging Cameras in 2021
- 3. Sony ZV-1 – Specially Designed 4K Camera For Vlogging
- 4. FujiFilm X-T4 – Best 4K Mirrorless Camera for Any YouTube Videos
- 5. Sony A6400 – Best 4K Camera for Intensive Vlogging
- 6. Sony A7 III – High-Resolution Camera for Semi-Professional YouTubers
- 7. Nikon Z6 – Best Camera for Recording Featurettes
- 8. PANASONIC LUMIX G85 – Best Budget-Friendly 4K Camera for Vlogging and YouTube
- 9. GoPro HERO 9 Black – Best 4K Action Camera for Making YouTube Videos
- 10. Nikon Coolpix W300 – Most Sturdy 4K Compact Camera for Vlogging
- Is it Worth to Buy 4K Camera for YouTube Videos?
What is 4K Resolution?
4K quality is ULTRA HD with a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels. This is even 4 times as many pixels as in a full HD resolution, which means – better video quality.
If you have a 4K quality camera, this means that you have a clearer and better-defined picture. You can see a better texture and details.
Needless to say that, 4K resolution is no longer a new thing nowadays. A lot of platforms and TVs are capable of 4K and Ultra-HD.
As a result, Netflix and Amazon updated their platforms to 4K resolution in the past few years, also now you can watch YouTube in 4K as well.
That means that people are using 4K cameras to increase their video quality and meet a viewer’s needs.
What’s the Difference Between 1080p and 4K?
You may be familiar with 1080p HD video quality, as most of the time, people are filming videos in this quality. It has become a standard definition for most YouTube videos.
The main difference between 1080p and 4K is video quality – 4K has a better quality.
4K is also can be known as UHD (ultra high definition) and the 1080p is known as only high definition. You can easily see the pixel difference also: 4K has 3840×2160 pixels and 1080p has 1920×1080 pixels.
Some video creators wonder:
Can a human eye see the difference?
The answer is it depends on the screen size. If you have a bigger screen and a smaller room – you will see the difference. Even if you are in a large room, you can still see the difference.
Here’s the example below.
Source: Digital Trends
TOP 10 Best 4K Cameras for Vlogging
All 4K cameras from this list were reviewed by vlogtribe.com editors.
1. Sony RX100 VII – Finest 4K Quality Compact Camera for Vlogging
First of all, it has a 24-200mm equivalent F2.8-4.5 lens and features an easier-to-use autofocus system.
The design of the RX100 VII is very simple and delicate. You can see that this camera is small and compatible, goes into your pocket very easily. Believe me, it helps to vloggers a lot – especially if you like making vlogs while traveling!
Also, it has a pop-up viewfinder, which is comfortable to use and a built-in flash if you want to shoot in the dark.
Another great fact, this camera is very suitable for YouTube vloggers because it has that lovable tilting screen.
The Sony RX100 VII brings out three updated features:
- Improved 4K for better videos and stabilization and the Movie Eye AF.
- The best feature could probably be the mic input, as this allows you to plug an external microphone and improve not only your video but audio quality as well.
|Sony RX100 VII Premium Compact Camera with 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor (DSCRX100M7)||CHECK THE PRICE|
- 20MP 1″ type stacked CMOS sensor and built-in DRAM;
- 24-200mm equivalent F2.8-4.5 zoom lenses;
- 20 fps continuous shooting feature without blackout;
- 3″ touchscreen which can be flipped up 180° or down by 90°;
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC connections;
- 4K video resolution;
- Small and compatible.
- Very comfortable for daily vlogging
- Fast autofocus
- Great 4K resolution
- Controls could be more comfortable
- It has a mic jack but doesn’t have a place to mount a mic
Overall, it is quite an expensive vlogging camera, but it worths every single penny. This could be named as one of the most popular vlogging cameras for everyone who loves creating video and making vlogs on-the-go. Also, it is a great investment in the future. You would be able to provide a great video and audio quality, which is needed if you want to make your YouTube channel stand out.
2. Sony Alpha 6600 – One of The Best Vlogging Cameras in 2021
If you have a budget of around $1000 and looking for a high-end 4K vlogging camera – this device is amazing!
Sony A6600 has 4K 30 fps video capacity, fast 11 fps shooting speeds, in-body stabilization, and face-and-eye- tracking that sets it off as an excellent camera for video and vlogging.
It also includes promising features such as a bigger grip and battery and improvements to Sony’s AI-powered autofocus system that makes this camera designed for video content creators and vloggers.
The Alpha A6600 features 425 focal-plane phase-detection AF points and 425 contrast-detection AF points capable of covering approximately 84% of the image area with a speedy autofocus time of 0.02 seconds.
It also incorporated Sony’s latest Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF technologies.
- 24.2-megapixel Exmor CMOS APS-C image sensor;
- 5-axis image stabilization;
- XGA OLED electronic viewfinder;
- 4K video capture with log profiles (oversampled);
- Continuous shooting at 11 fps;
- 425-point autofocus system;
- 3-inch tilting LCD touchscreen;
- 14-bit raw file output;
- Battery life can take 810 shots at a single charge.
The A6600 is set for 4K movie recording in Super 35mm format with features of unlimited length video recordings and X-AVC S-format 4k video at 24fps and 30fps.
It can produce a 1080p full HD video up to 120 fps. It also offers a 120fps slow-motion capture at Full HD resolution and the professional editing formats of HLG and S-Log3 profiles for color-grading in post-production.
The A6600 features a 5-axis image stabilization that offers a 5-stops of compensation, ensuring the camera can stabilize all kinds of lenses. This system corrects for a horizontal shift, vertical shift, and rotary motion for both still images and videos—this feature stands out for those shooting hand-held videos.
The A6600 used the same viewfinder as its predecessor, capable of yielding a 120fps high frame rate setting that helps track moving subjects with no lag.
The flip-up screen of A6600 has a higher resolution screen and turns out to be very versatile for vlogging, with its capacity for full 180 degrees facing forward for selfies and downward for low-angle shots.
It implemented a touch sensitivity on its 3-inch LCD screen, making functions like focus point selection more straightforward and intuitive.
The Sony A6600 uses a larger Z series battery that can produce 810 shots per charge. This can be powered and charged via a USB connection.
Talking about connectivity, the A6600 can transfer images and video clips via a Wi-Fi connection using the Imaging Edge Mobile App in their smart devices. This also comes with NFC connectivity that allows quick pairing with compatible devices only by tapping them together and a Bluetooth connection supporting location-tagging images to your phone.
- It has excellent battery life and features USB charging
- Image quality is excellent with sharp and detailed colors
- Fast-shooting camera
- The reliable in-body stabilization system
- 4K videos at 30fps
- It has no pop-up flash
- Video is limited to 8-bit files in terms of internal and external recording
As a whole, Sony A6600 is a successful refinement of its predecessor, and it stands out as a capable vlogging camera. With Sony’s autofocus tracking is still leading in the industry. The A6600 has an unbeatable battery life, in-body image stabilization and captures a detailed 4K video with no record limit making it an excellent camera for video work. To my mind, it is definitely one of the best 4K vlogging camera.
3. Sony ZV-1 – Specially Designed 4K Camera For Vlogging
This camera is designed specifically for taking videos of yourself, which means it is custom-designed for vlogging. In general, Sony ZV-1 is a camera that purpose-designed for generating videos for platforms such as YouTube.
The Sony ZV-1 has a 1-inch 20.1-megapixel sensor and a fixed 24-70mm f/1.8-2.8mm lens, which is easier to use for vloggers used to use a smartphone for vlogging.
|Sony ZV-1 Camera for Content Creators, Vlogging and YouTube with Flip Screen and Microphone||CHECK THE PRICE|
- 20.1-MP 1” Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor;
- Optical Image Stabilization;
- The 315-points hybrid autofocus AF system;
- Continuous shooting up to 24fps;
- UHD 4K videos at 30fps with HLG and S-Log3 Gammas profiles;
- 3.0” side flip-out LCD touchscreen;
- 4K videos at 30fps with no pixel binning and full pixel readout;
- Directional 3-capsule microphone with windscreen.
Sony ZV-1’s can shoot 1080p footage at up to 120p or UDH 4K footage at up to 30p.
Another critical improvement with ZV 1 is that it can apply digital image stabilization to its 4K footage. The Imaging Edge Software enables digital correction once the footage has been shot.
It also offers HLG and S-Log2/3 profiles that would allow users to tone their videos in post-production. The electronic SteadyShot stabilization produces smooth video footage, but it crops about 25 percent of the shots.
The premise of ZV-1 is on creator-to-camera content; that is why it has no built-in viewfinder. Instead, it features a fully articulated touchscreen LCD that makes it easier to operate when the screen points towards you.
Here’s the deal:
Even the screen is polarized for better daylight visibility.
Critically, the ZV-1 incorporates Sony’s AF system that focuses on the subject you tapped to focus on. It will use its face and eye detection system only if the focus has a face.
Furthermore, the AF system will continue to track the subject even if the face and eyes are unrecognizable or look away from the camera.
The camera comes with a comparatively complex three-capsule microphone designed to be directional and pick up the sound in front of the camera. It also comes with a windscreen to reduce the wind noise blowing directly onto the mic.
The ZV-1 has an offset hotshoe that allows other accessories to be fitted in the camera.
The essential feature designed for vlogging that ZV-1 has is its Face Priority Auto Exposure. This feature ties the camera’s metering to the face detection system.
It prioritizes the exposure of the presenter’s face over the metering of the scene as a whole. It is designed to respond quickly in changes to exposure so that faces will remain exposed even if the light changes.
The camera uses a tiny battery that lasts for an hour’s worth of shooting before it drains.
- Autofocus is speedy, accurate, and reliable
- High-quality microphone
- 4K UDH videos at 30fps
- It has no built-in viewfinder
- It has no pop-up flash available
- It has no headphones jack
- It has no weatherproof sealing because it is made of a plastic body
Sony has packed into this small vlogging camera superb autofocus, flip-out screen, a high-quality microphone, and more. It is an excellent step-up camera for vloggers who are used to using smartphones for their vlogs. It is indeed a compact camera explicitly designed for vloggers and content creators.
4. FujiFilm X-T4 – Best 4K Mirrorless Camera for Any YouTube Videos
The Fujifilm X-T4 has everything we are looking for in its predecessor, the X-T3, likewise in-body stabilization, a vari-angle touchscreen LCD display, and better battery life.
There are more exciting improvements, such as better buffer depth in continuous shooting mode, which by the way, just the icing on the cake.
The X-T4 also has a cutting edge 4k video performance, with 60p 10-bit internal recording.
The downside is that Fujifilm dropped the headphones socket, so you will need an adaptor now.
And right now, the brand-new Fujifilm X-T4 looks to have everything that any vlogger would want for their camera.
- 26.1MP APS-C Trans BSI CMOS 4;
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization – up to 6.5 stops;
- X-Processor 4 Image Processor;
- UHD 4K at 60fps videos;
- Full HD up at 240 fps for 10x slow-motion footage;
- New Shutter Mechanism can shoot 15fps continuous (mechanical shutter);
- 20 fps shooting with AF;
- Fully articulated 3-inch LCD touchscreen;
- Battery life can take 500 shots at a single charge.
The X-T4 improves its video-quality that it can shoot at 4K and 1080p mode with its entire width of the sensor. Its sensor is enhanced to produce 60 frames per second at 4K and up to 240 frames at 1080. It is also capable of providing 10x slow-motion footage.
Furthermore, its dynamic range is capable of shooting videos with 10-bit internal and external recording. The X-T4 shoots and takes cinematic footage for up to a maximum of 30 minutes at 60p shooting.
Another welcome addition to X-T4 is its in-body image stabilization (IBIS), which is smaller, lighter, and more efficient. Combined with a stabilized lens, Fujifilm has a claim to yield 6.5 stops of shake compensation.
With this, a vlogger or video podcaster can shoot walk-and-talk videos by merely pointing the lens in its direction and turn on Face Detection. Combined with a touchscreen vari-angle design LCD screen, it enables users to aim at low and high-angle shots conveniently.
The screen has an adjustable brightness function incorporated with an eye-level electronic viewfinder, which is the best you will ever find in any camera. The EVF refreshes immediately and uses OLED, so no color tearing during pans and contrast is punchy. It has a large 0.75x magnification rating and a locking wheel to set the diopter to match your vision.
One of the noticeable upgrades of X-T4 is its new shutter mechanism. The camera produced a satisfying slight shutter nap even in mechanical mode. Further, it is quieter than the silent mode on other cameras.
Another critical upgrade of X-T4 is the burst shooting rate, which can now yield 15 frames per second (fps) with autofocus using a mechanical shutter. If you use the electronic shutter, you can have up to 20 fps, which is the same as its predecessor, the X-T3.
Fujifilm made improvements to X-T4’s autofocus algorithm to be able to consider shapes as well as colors. The results in still photos, even in low light, are excellent and accurate.
Bluetooth is used to pair with your smartphone and works along with Wi-Fi to transfer photos to your phone.
- It has significant silent mode shooting capabilities
- It can hit 15fps with autofocus using a mechanical shutter and 20fps using an electronic shutter
- There is no lag when shooting quickly because it clears in less than two seconds
- It shoots perfectly in any low-light situation
- Image quality is excellent and accurate
- It has excellent battery life that can shoot 4k video continuously for two hours at a single charge and 600 shots per charge
- 4K videos at 60fps
- It has no headphones jack
- It is better to add an external microphone for better audio quality
- It uses a standard vari-angle design that tilts at the left side, making it challenging to shoot at low and high angles
Fujifilm XT-4 has put all of the puzzle pieces together. The camera shows a system that vloggers adore, with its 4K video-quality videos, a new battery that can last longer, new film looks and processing options, as well as the benefits that come with a stabilized image sensor. The build is sturdy enough for vloggers as well as with extensive weather sealing, and this camera makes it a perfect gadget for traveling and an ideal companion for on-the-go vloggers. The Fujifilm X-T4 camera is indeed the camera to beat in this class and offers the best stills and video options you can buy.
5. Sony A6400 – Best 4K Camera for Intensive Vlogging
This camera has a new processor that enables ‘Real-Time Tracking’ autofocus, one of the most effective autofocus available in the market yet and is considered the easiest one to use once you’ve set it up.
Its features are set to make single-handed video capture possible such as excellent image quality, better 4K videos, and flip-out screen.
|Sony Alpha a6400 Mirrorless Camera: Compact APS-C Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with Real-Time...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- 24.2-megapixel APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor;
- New Bionz X Processor;
- Continuous shooting up to 11fps (8fps with silent shutter);
- 95-inch 180-degree articulated LCD touchscreen;
- 4K videos at 30fps (with 1.2x crop), 4K videos at 24fps (no crop);
- 425-point autofocus AF;
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC connectivity;
- Battery life can take 410 shots per single charge.
The Sony A6400 has a new Bionz X processor that added a new Real-Time Tracking option to the cameras making it snappier than its predecessor. With Real-Time Tracking, you can place an AF area over a face to start tracking a face or eye.
Sony also improves its autofocus by the Lock-On AF, which intelligently identifies a human subject’s nearest eye to focus on. The catch here is that the camera can seamlessly transition from subject tracking to face tracking to Eye AF with just a half-press of the shutter button and make it available in single-shot or continuous shooting mode.
Its APS-C 24-megapixel sensor can capture 6K video footage and internally processed it as a 4K video that also offers a professional editing format of HLG and S-Log. There is an HDMI output included in the camera that allows you to record video to an external recorder.
The A6400 can produce 4K videos at 30fps and full HD at 120fps in XAVCS format at 100Mbps bitrate. Sony A6400 features unlimited video recording, which means you can now record as long as you want, with the limitation now being the storage space.
Overall, this camera is ideal for any vloggers who are into shooting long-format video content.
A6400 image quality is reliable and solid, which resulted in colors, objects, and subjects to pop and appear sharp. ISO can be set in native mode from 100-32,000, while it can also be expanded up to 102,400 in dimmer situations.
It has an impressive suite of capture tools to aid vloggers in shooting video. Focus peaking and focus punch-in work well for manual-focus shooters. You can use audio meters to monitor your audios and the on-screen level to keep your horizons straight.
You can have the Sony A6400 in the Wide AF area with face detection enabled for vlogging, which means the camera can follow and focus on your face quite well.
The A6400 has a maximum 11fps burst rate with autofocus that gives you plenty of options to choose from. This proves that this camera is ideal for shooting sports and actions, but the downside is it has no in-camera image stabilization.
The A6400 features a 3-inch touchscreen that tilts 180 degrees upwards for front-facing selfies and vlogging applications. It is set to a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is ideal for shooting video.
The A6400 comes with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and NFC connection options that enable users to connect their smartphones via Sony’s Imaging Edge Mobile App. This app can control the camera remotely and download JPEG images from your camera to your smart devices.
The battery life of A6400 yields to 410 shots per charge and allows a micro-USB port recharging.
- Image quality is sharp and detailed
- Low light performance is excellent
- Continuous autofocus is accurate
- It has touch focus and touch shutter that makes focus transition and tracking easier by tapping the screen
- It features a luxurious grip, which makes it comfortable to hold
- Very comfortable to vlog with
- 4K videos at 30fps
- It lacks an MP4 file format
- Rolling shutter can ruin 4k video footage
- It lacks the in-body image stabilization
- It has no headphones input
The Sony A6400 is considered to be one of the most capable APS-C interchangeable lens cameras available on the market today, with its game-changing autofocus capabilities at a very affordable price. It is indeed a capable camera for its price point. The combination of excellent video and image quality, nice lightweight body, and best autofocus performance makes it a perfect companion for vloggers, professionals, or first-timers. This camera is meant to be one of the best everyday vlogging cameras that provides 4K resolution.
6. Sony A7 III – High-Resolution Camera for Semi-Professional YouTubers
The camera presents a mix of resolution, speed, features, and price points make it an easy recommendation for vlogging – professionals should like it.
The most significant improvement of the Sony A7 III is its new 24-megapixel BSI sensor with a dual-gain design, which means technically that the sensor has ‘two-base’ ISO values.
It merely means that it can offer either a maximum dynamic range in bright light or better noise performance in low light. This sensor also has a new autofocus system that covers 93% of the frame.
Due to this, the new sensor makes it possible for Sony A7 III to capture up to 10 frames per second with full autofocus and autoexposure.
|Sony a7 III (ILCEM3K/B) Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera with 28-70mm Lens with...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- 24MP Full-Frame BSI CMOS Sensor;
- In-body image stabilization;
- 693 point autofocus system;
- 10fps continuous shooting capacity;
- 4K UHD footage at 30fps (oversampled from 5k video capture);
- 1080 at 30 fps for slow-motion videos;
- Battery life can take 710 shots at a single charge;
- With Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth connectivity.
The Sony A7III newly redesigned sensor captures over-detailed 4K videos at 24fps from the full width of the sensory and 4K video at 30fps from a slightly cropped portion of the sensor.
The camera actually has a 6K footage using every pixel on the sensor and then processed it internally to 4K footage. Sony records Log footage for grading and editing in post-production, which helps vloggers take advantage of the camera’s wide dynamic range.
The camera can also capture 1080/120p footage, 4k/30p, and a slow video that captures 120p. Moreover, sony adds support for gamma curves that allow vloggers to have a different style for every curve, which means having different lighting situations while filming.
The combination of body and lens stabilization reduces jitter from the footage. It also uses the X AVC S codec format for videos to create creative styles such as vivid, natural, mono. Etc., to change the color profile of your photos.
Like a lot of good cameras for vlogging has a flip screen, this has a tilting screen as well.
The 3-inch LCD touchscreen is located at the rear side of the camera, and this display makes shooting at direct sunlight no problems at all in seeing the screen. The screen tilts up and down, allowing vloggers to set up shots and record video while keeping an eye on framing.
The EVF has 0.72x magnification, which enables you to focus on a subject when shooting. It is easy to use for its incredible refresh rate of 100-120 fps with a 3,686k OLED panel, a perfect combination between perception and image quality.
The A7 III is rated for 650 shots per charge. This is a boon to vloggers because they do not have to worry about running out of power. You can recharge via USB.
The camera has a 3.5mm microphone input and a 3.5mm headphones jack. It also incorporates Bluetooth, NFC, and Wi-Fi connectivity. This feature enables you to connect your camera to your smartphone via the Sony PlayMemories Mobile App.
This also allows you to transfer images and videos to your smart devices for social sharing. You can also use your smartphone as a wireless remote control.
- It has headphones and microphone jacks
- The rolling shutter is well-controlled
- It has better ergonomics
- It has excellent battery life that can take all-day shooting at 650 shots per charge
- Fast and accurate face and eye-tracking
- Excellent low-light performance for any low-light situations/scenarios
- 4K videos at 24fps / 30fps
- No-in camera RAW processing
- Has a limited 8-bit capture internal or external recording
The Sony A7 III is the best capable camera suitable for semi-professional vloggers and YouTubers out there because of its chart-topping video quality, autofocus accuracy, wide dynamic range, and low-light capabilities. Combined with fantastic video and image quality and reliable AF makes this camera impossible to ignore for vloggers and video content creators.
7. Nikon Z6 – Best Camera for Recording Featurettes
The Nikon Z6, with excellent general features such as impressive image quality and video quality at 4K UHD at 30fps from its 24.5MP full-frame CMOS sensor, make it a well-rounded full-camera on the market right now.
Also, it is featured with a fast phase-detect AF as well as its superb build quality, making it a great packed camera suited for video content creators and vloggers.
This camera seems to be more appealing to those looking for a full-frame camera in exchange for their older compact cameras or DSLR.
- 24MP Full-Frame BSI-CMOS Sensor;
- In-body Image Stabilization (up to 5 stops);
- Hybrid autofocus system with 273 phase-detect points;
- 12fps burst shooting capacity;
- UHD 4K videos up to 30fps (full-pixel readout);
- 1080/120p resolution for slow-motion videos;
- 10-bit 4:2:2 N-Log output for external recording;
- 2-inch tilt-angle touchscreen.
The Z6 video capabilities and performance are proven to be a surprising strength for this camera.
Z6 can record 4k UHD up to 30 frames per second and record at 25p and 24p frame rates simultaneously. There is a Full HD slow-motion video recording feature that enables vloggers to record at 4x slow-motion video at 25p and 30p.
Both 4K and 1080p footage have ample dynamic range and excellent color rendition and amount of details. It offers a 10-bit and 4:2:2 log video output to an external recorder that gives you a more dynamic range to work within post-production.
Also, Z6 has separate exposure settings for video and photos, which is very significant for video podcasters and vloggers alike because they can switch back and forth to this custom i-menus easily. This set of improvements has defined Nikon Z6 to be the best full-frame mirrorless camera on the market in terms of video performance.
The Z6’s image quality is centered around its new backside-illuminated 24.5-megapixel CMOS full-frame sensor. This sets Z6 to have a native ISO range of 100 to 51,200. Still, it can be maximized to ISO 50 to 204,800. It also makes it possible for Z6 to built-in focal-plane phase-detection autofocus pixel and is incorporated with an optical low-pass filter.
These features make the Z6 be classified as an all-purpose FX-format camera with high ISO performance.
The Nikon Z6 uses a hybrid autofocusing system that provides 273 AF points. It also has Face Detection AF that works well in Wide AF selection mode in still shooting. Face Recognition and Tracking in video works excellently, making this camera an excellent choice for self-composed video recording.
To be honest, you can use this camera for podcasting as well.
Low light performance in shooting videos and taking photos is excellent. Hence, it is considered one of the best low light full-frame video cameras to date in terms of video or photo quality.
It has a 3.2-inch tilting touchscreen LCD, which is useful when composing shots at awkward angles. An improvement that is meant to satisfy the growing niche of the vlogging industry. Overall, the display provides excellent contrast, sharpness, and accurate color representation, making the viewing experience exceptional. The touchscreen also has touch focus, touch to shoot, and full menu/user interface navigation.
Another useful feature available for vloggers in Nikon Z6 is it offers timecode functionality and focus peaking during 4k video recording. It also improves its organic exposure levels through the EVF. You can adjust autofocus tracking speeds across five different levels. Furthermore, the autofocus can be controlled via a sub-selector joystick while recording.
The Nikon Z6 has incorporated built-in sensor-shift image stabilization that can deliver up to five stops of stabilization. This means that the system relies on a dedicated VR microcomputer and operates via a movable magnesium frame. The camera can detect pitch, yaw, rotational and translation shake and has a closed-loop system and Hall-effect sensors that provides positional feedback.
You will first notice Nikon Z6 that is considerably smaller and more compact than a full-frame Nikon DSRL. The design is smaller and lighter, yet it is still very familiar with the similar layout with other Nikon DSLRs.
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity enables the camera to connect to a smartphone via Nikon’s SnapBridge app. Through this connection, users can synchronize both the time and locations of the photos taken. This connectivity can also transfer photos and remotely control the camera.
Taking everything into account, the Z6 camera is one of the best Nikon cameras for creating YouTube videos and featurettes.
- Great quality images and videos
- It can shoot 12fps with continuous autofocus
- It is the best full-frame low light camera in the market
- You can have a RAW image with 14-bits per color and shoot a clear image up to ISO 6400
- A reliable in-body stabilization that makes hand-held shooting easier for non-professional users
- It has both microphone and headphones ports
- 4K UHD videos at 30fps
- It has no eye-tracking autofocus that makes wide-angle shoots challenging to have in-depth focus.
- The vari-angle design of the Nikon Z6 makes it impractical for vloggers or video podcasters, especially the one-man-show operation.
- It provides a short battery life capable of 85 minutes of video recording and 310 shots per charge.
The Nikon Z6 is among the best consumer full-frame mirrorless camera on the market to date. It is a fantastic camera that has video-centric improvements. If you are looking for the best 4K camera for making YouTube videos - this is a really good choice, thanks to its excellent 24.5MP BSI CMOS sensor and a better video camera thanks to its full-sensor width that creates better quality videos. The Nikon Z6 is considered as one of the best video cameras on the market today, despite that price is not the lowest as well..
8. PANASONIC LUMIX G85 – Best Budget-Friendly 4K Camera for Vlogging and YouTube
If you are looking for an affordable 4K video camera to record your vlogs – the G85 might be for you.
Just like most of the Panasonic cameras, the G85 has a lot of great video features.
For example, the camera has focus peaking, a zebra highlight warning feature and the level of the microphone can be adjusted, if needed.
The Panasonic Lumix G85 can certainly be treated as one of the best cheap 4K vlogging cameras in 2021. As expected, 4K video footage shot by this camera is excellent so far.
The G85 is made in the DSLR camera style and offers a great balance between physical controls, customizable button options, and touch ability.
With a simple kit lens or similar lenses that are attached to this camera, you can hold the camera even with one hand and still feel secure.
The camera’s body is “wrapped” with a rubber-like material and feels comfortable and safe while holding the device.
Overall, the Panasonic Lumix G85 camera is easy to use and operate; it has a large touchscreen where you can see every little detail.
|Panasonic LUMIX G85 4K Digital Camera, 12-60mm Power O.I.S. Lens, 16 Megapixel Mirrorless Camera, 5...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- 16MP Four Thirds sensor;
- 5-axis image stabilization feature;
- Splash and dust-proof body;
- 3″ fully-articulating touchscreen;
- 4K video resolution;
- Easy-to-use for everyone.
- Outstanding video quality – especially for that price
- Superb build quality
- Great autofocus
- Lack of mick jack
- Battery lifetime could be better
If you are on a budget and looking for a best vlogging camera with 4K quality, the Panasonic Lumix G85 is extremely appealing for YouTube and vlogging enthusiasts. It has a lightweight and waterproof body, so you can shoot 4K videos in all kind of weather.
9. GoPro HERO 9 Black – Best 4K Action Camera for Making YouTube Videos
Needless to say that GoPro cameras, by far, are the most powerful action camera to date.
The slogan of Hero 9 is “More of Everything,” which is very evident in its bigger battery, bigger body, as well as bigger video and photo resolutions.
This action camera will carve a successful niche in the vlogging industry.
- 23.6MP sensor;
- 1.4“ front color display with live preview;
- 5K videos at 30fps, 4K videos at 60fps;
- 1080p live streaming videos;
- 14.7-megapixel still images from videos;
- 3 microphones with advanced wind-noise reduction;
- The battery can last for full 2 hours and 11 minutes at a single charge.
GoPro Hero 9 comes with a new sensor that captures 5K video, a full-color front screen, and can yield a 14-megapixel still from the video.
These improvements and upgrades are compelling reasons for you to upgrade your older version of GoPro and shift from using smartphones to an action camera.
The first stand-out upgrade in the Hero 9 is it features a 23.6-megapixel sensor. A significant upgrade that results in being able to shoot 5K video and snap a 20-megapixel still images.
It is an excellent advantage for vloggers because they can crop and zoom in on their subject with a vast field of view and even get 4K footage.
The new sensor also gives vloggers a chance to get a 14.7-MP still image from videos. Though the disadvantage is with 5K video, you are limited to 30fps, while at 4K, you can shoot up to 60fps.
Another noticeable step-up from its predecessor is the 20-MP still images that can produce RAW images that are sharper and with fine details. This upgraded sensor can record video 5K at 30fps, 4K at 60 fps, and 1080p at 240 fps.
To be honest, the 5k footage is a remarkable pairing with the excellent in-camera stabilization called HyperSmooth 3.0.
GoPro Hero 9 has new options for video settings such as Scheduled Capture, Duration, and Hindsight. The scheduled capture enables you to set a time and date that the GoPro will turn itself on and start recording. Duration lets you set a fixed time to record.
These two features can be used in tandem and very ideal for vlogging. Hindsight, on the other hand, enables you to records for 30 seconds on a loop when it is activated.
The other noticeable new feature of Hero 9 is its full-color front screen. This means the screen has an always-on design, which does not affect battery life.
The battery life of Hero 9 was upgraded to 1,720mAh. This means it can run to full 2 hours and 11 minutes.
The last noticeable physical change to Hero 9 is its new removable lens cover, which is very useful when the lens was getting scratched. This feature makes way for vloggers to be able to mount ND filters and other lens accessories.
- It can produce a 14-megapixel image from 5k video
- Ability to shoot RAW images
- Excellent battery life
- 4K videos at 60fps
- Has a front screen which helps for vloggers a lot
- 5K videos cannot be viewed on most mobile devices, so you have to download footage in a PC
- Slow HDR processing
- Unfortunately doesn’t have 4K/120p mode
Go Pro Hero 9 is designed for vlogger and social media stars alike, which improved several significant areas for action cameras and introduced new features that resulted in a genuinely great and versatile vlogging camera. It has a bigger battery, a larger sensor, 5K video, and a useful front screen. That comes with a larger price tag. Still, the price is worth it as it is the best 4K action camera for vlogging and YouTube videos to look for
10. Nikon Coolpix W300 – Most Sturdy 4K Compact Camera for Vlogging
This camera is dustproof, waterproof, and can film even up to 30 meters. Also, the W300 is freezeproof to -10ºC and can be dropped from 2.4 meters on the hard floor and still be able to shoot.
Overall, the Nikon Coolpix W300 camera takes great quality pictures and full 4K videos.
However, don’t expect DSLR quality as it is a small and compact little camera. Even with the max wide-angle setting, you can still get a fish-eye effect.
Even on cloudy, rainy days, this camera can deliver sharp details and contrast in the video shooting.
Nikon Coolpix W300 is a pocket-sized small camera that can shoot a video in any kind of weather condition. It weighs 231g in total, so it is pretty lightweight and comfortable to use. It comes in a variety of eye-catching colors. As a result, the design of the device is attractive and eye-catchy.
The camera’s body is focused more on the functional side rather than style. Most of the users would enjoy easily accessible controls placed on the back, side, and top of the camera.
In general one of the best vlogging 4K vlogging cameras for travelers in 2021.
|GoPro HERO8 Black - Waterproof Action Camera with Touch Screen 4K Ultra HD Video 12MP Photos 1080p...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- Full 4K video recording feature;
- New design and updated grip for better and more secure holding;
- Bluetooth connectivity;
- Dustproof, waterproof, shockproof, and can shoot up to 30 meters underwater.
- Has a lot of different video modes, including 4K-resolution video and time lapse
- Easy-to-use, beginners friendly
- Very good video quality
- 100ft waterproof (30 meters)
- Lack of a flip screen
- Wireless connectivity could work better
- Not the best camera in low-light conditions
Overall, the Nikon Coolpix W300 camera will provide the tools and features that you need in a strong and sturdy pocket-sized 4K camera. It can take great quality videos and pictures in any kind of condition, even up to 30 meters underwater. If you love vlogging and creating videos in extreme conditions or while you traveling, you should think about increasing the quality of your video with 4K resolution by using this camera.
Is it Worth to Buy 4K Camera for YouTube Videos?
If you are looking to buy a camera for vlogging with 4K quality, that you should probably find out why is it worth upgrading your current camera and filming your YouTube videos with a new one?
There are some possible answers:
- First of all, you can shoot Ultra HD videos and improve the quality of your channel. Besides, you can compress your 4K into 1080p and remain the quality just with the smaller size.
- 4K video quality also can open a lot of doors in editing, will save your time in color banding, and allows you to improve your video stabilizing.
- 4K resolution is expected to be the key in the near future, so most video makers and vloggers are already opting out of standard Full HD cameras.
Additionally, what happens if you compress 4K video quality to 1080p?
Don’t worry about the quality, as it only reduces the size of the video, but you will still have a better quality than a normal resolution.
Sometimes getting the 4K quality camera for creating YouTube videos or vlogs can be expensive, especially if you already own a great Full HD 1080p quality camera.
However, if you are someone who is looking for a way to update your YouTube channel quality, this might be a great investment.
Of course, you need to consider a lot of things first before buying any kind of 4K camera for YouTube videos, for example, your shooting preferences, type of vlogging, and even the need for the camera in general.
After all, buying a 4K quality camera can be a hard task to do, hoping that you can find the right one from the list above. Nowadays, you can find a lot of great deals, which makes it a great way to save money. If you are going to pick yourself a camera with 4K quality, we hope that our review helped you.