TOP 12 Best Phones for Vlogging in 2020
Recently we have received some requests to help people choose the best phone for vlogging. You asked – we present!
Needless to say that people love to upgrade their old smartphones to new ones, but if you are thinking about vlogging or filming YouTube videos, I would strongly recommend choosing the phone with a decent camera.
Believe me, sometimes it is a lifesaver, especially when you forgot your daily vlogging camera.
Table of Contents
- The Importance of The List
- Best Smartphones for Vlogging in 2020
- 1. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra – Best Phone for Vlogging
- 2. Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max – The Smoothest Smartphone for Vlogging
- 3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ – Best Mid-Price Phone for Vlogging
- 4. One Plus 7T PRO – Very Valuable All-Around Smartphone
- 5. Asus ZenFone 6 – TOP Phone for Vlogging That Nobody Talks [Budget-Friendly]
- 6. Huawei P40 Pro – Trending Phone for Videos and Vlogging
- 7. Apple iPhone XS – Never Gets Old for Vlogging
- 8. Huawei P30 PRO – TOP Smartphone for Vlogging [Huge Value for Money]
- 9. Google Pixel 4 – Perfect Smartphone for YouTube Beginners
- 10. Sony Xperia 1 – Incredible Display and Fast Performance Android Phone for Vlogging
- 11. Nokia 7.2 – One of the Best Budget-Friendly Smartphones for Vlogging
- 12. Moto G7 Power – Cheapest Smartphone From The List
The Importance of The List
Not surprisingly, when choosing a new phone, we pay special attention to the features of the camera, correct?
It is important to remember here that the number of pixels alone does not guarantee the quality of the pictures. No less essential are the lens, image focus, and stabilization functions.
Due to this reason and specifications, we are introducing the best video recording phones with all these features in harmony. Phones are provided according to our experience and knowledge.
Best Smartphones for Vlogging in 2020
All smartphones from this list were tested by vlogtribe.com editors.
|Name||Front Camera||Main Camera||Check|
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra - Editor's Choice
|40 MP / [email protected]/60fps||108 MP / [email protected]|
|12 MP / [email protected]/30/60fps||12 MP / [email protected]/30/60fps|
|10 MP / [email protected]||12 MP / [email protected]/60fps|
|16 MP / [email protected]||48 MP / [email protected]/60fps|
|[email protected]/60fps||48 MP / [email protected]/60fps|
|32 MP / [email protected]/60fps||50 MP / [email protected]/60fps|
|7 MP / [email protected]/60fps||12 MP / [email protected]/30/60fps|
|32 MP / [email protected]||40 MP / [email protected]|
|8 MP / [email protected]||12.2 MP / [email protected]|
|8 MP / [email protected]||12 MP / [email protected]/30fps|
|20 MP / [email protected]||48 MP / [email protected]|
|8 MP / [email protected]||12 MP / [email protected]|
1. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra – Best Phone for Vlogging
Here’s the deal:
The newest Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra has everything that is necessary for vloggers.
Anyway, if you are not a fan of Android – then move to the second phone of the list!
In overall, it is great at capturing multiple videos as well as pictures with a single tap, and you have the opportunity to take your videos with ease.
All is required of you is zoom in keenly on your subject and just record the video or just take the picture.
Note that you don’t have to be near the subject to get the best results. Even from 300 feet away from you still get a good shot and amazingly while taking photos at night, you don’t need to use the flash.
What’s more, if the battery gets too low, you can supercharge it in minutes, thus ensuring your phone is good to go at all times.
|Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Factory Unlocked New Android Cell Phone US Version | 128GB of Storage |...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Galaxy S10, the S20 Ultra is much bigger and bulkier than the standard S20 model. It is only available in two colors, usually black and grey, the phone is made of glass and metal.
The front has a curved screen and a glass back, which is beautifully held together by a shiny aluminum frame.
Furthermore, the backside contains four cameras and a flash in the top left corner, while the sides have an on/off button, a volume button as well as charging jack.
However, the headphone jack is missing on the phone, which means there are no AKG-tuned headphones found in the box.
But good news, you get a USB –C connector instead and wireless earbuds.
- Operating system: Android 10
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 990 (EU) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (US)
- Main screen: 6.9 inches
- RAM: 12GB of RAM
- Storage: 128 GB of storage with card slot
- The Main Camera + Video Recording Quality: Quad 108MP, f/1.8 wide-angle camera, 12MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide camera. 48 MP, f 1/8, Telephoto camera + 8K video recording at 24 fps (7680×4320)
- Front Camera + Video Recording Quality: 40MP, F/2.2, PDAF + 4K UHD video recording at 60 fps (3840×2160)
- Battery Capacity: 5000mAh with fast battery charging 45W
- Dimensions: 166.9 x 76.0 x 8.8 mm / 6.57 x 2.99 x 0.35″
- Weight: 220 grams / 7.8 oz
- Colors: Cosmic Grey, Cosmic Black
- Big, bright and beautiful display
- The phone charges very fast
- Stereo speakers are nice and loud
- Superb rear and front camera
- On the expensive side
- Fingerprint sensor performance is below average compared to other smartphones
Though the phone is considered too big, vloggers are in love with it due to the 4x optical cameras that deliver great videos and pictures. Also, super-fast charging is also beneficial as well as the storage capacity which enables you to save all your videos and pictures. So, if you are not intimidated by its big size, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G is truly one of the best phones for YouTubers and Vloggers.
2. Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max – The Smoothest Smartphone for Vlogging
Our editors are not sure which is better: S20 Ultra or iPhone 11 PRO Max – it depends on which operating system you prefer more.
Anyway, both phones are amazing, and the newest release of the iPhone 11 Pro Max has definitely changed the phone vlogging game.
A lot of people might not like the appearance of those three cameras. However, for vloggers – it is a miracle!
Let’s not waste any time and let’s talk about the cameras that the iPhone 11 Pro Max has to offer.
You are getting 4 cameras in total: 3 on the back and 1 on the front of the smartphone. If you already own an iPhone with a single rear camera, you would probably be thinking – why are there 3 cameras on the back?
Well, those cameras work perfectly as one by giving you a zoom range from 13mm to 52mm. Thanks to this, you are getting better photos (especially in low-light.)
After shooting a video with an iPhone 11 Pro Max, the ultra-wide lens dramatizes the scene. Landscapes, rooms – everything looks wide and more epic. Also, the iPhone 11 Pro Max can capture the most true-to-life images or videos with accurate colors and still maintain the sharpness.
|Simple Mobile Prepaid - Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max (64GB) - Midnight Green [Locked to Carrier –...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Just ignore the negative reviews online until you get your hands on the iPhone 11 Pro Max.
The smartphone is way better when looking at it in person. The main difference that you can notice in this model is the matte glass back, which is better than a glossy finish as it does not collect the fingerprints so easily.
Speaking of other features, Apple says the iPhone 11 Pro Max has the strongest glass found in a smartphone. Anyway, I would still suggest investing in a case.
- Operation System (Version): iOS v13
- Processor: Hexa-core (2.65GHz, Dual-Core, lightning +1.8 GHz)
- Main screen: 6.5 inch Super Retina touchscreen
- RAM: 4GB of RAM
- Storage: 64 GB of storage with no card slot
- The Main Camera + Video Recording Quality: Triple 12MP, f/1.8 wide, 26mm, 12 MP, f/2.0 52mm telephoto, 12 MP, f/2.4 13 mm ultrawide + 4K video recording at 24/30/60fps
- Front Camera + Video Recording Quality: Dual 12 MP, f/2.2 mm wide, SL3D TOF + 1080 HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
- Battery Capacity: 3969 mAh with fast battery charging 18W adapter
- Dimensions: 158 x 77.8 x 8.1 mm / 6.22 x 3.06 x 0.32″
- Weight: 226 grams / 7.8 oz
- Colors: Silver, Gray, Gold, Midnight Green
- Amazing and one of the leading cameras in the industry
- Super smooth operational system
- Bright display
- Amazing battery life
- The price is on the expensive side
To be honest, when we were reviewing this phone, we are in trouble by comparing it with Galaxy S20 Ultra, because both devices are amazing! Moreover, the iPhone 11 Pro Max is Apple's biggest lineup and looks like a big upgrade from the iPhone XS Max. The triple camera setup allows you to take 4K videos and make your vlogs stand out for quality without needing any expensive cameras. If you are looking for a powerful smartphone with a stunning image and video quality + love iOS, go with the iPhone 11 Pro Max without doubts. The price can be a bit too high, but if you are investing in quality, expect that the return will be huge!
3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ – Best Mid-Price Phone for Vlogging
Almost 98% screen with a punch hole used as a front camera, vloggers will be impressed with the camera’s display when it comes to shooting a video or just watching the content.
Also, the display comes in handy when editing your videos on the phone. Most noteworthy, the phone comes with a Quad camera system that enables you to shoot clear and sharp videos when indoors as well as outdoors.
When we look at the battery performance, the phone does not disappoint since you can spend an entire day shooting without charging it. However, if the battery runs low, you can charge the phone in minutes since this smartphone’s battery charges fast.
Above all, you can command the phone to take a picture of you without touching it. Interesting, right? All you have to do is have the S Pen Air gesture with you.
That’s why this smart device can further convey the moving objects more accurately, so you can easily be vlogging high-quality vlogs while on-the-go.
|Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Factory Unlocked Cell Phone with 256 GB (U.S. Warranty), Aura Black/ Note10+||CHECK THE PRICE|
One unique thing about the Galaxy Note 10 plus is that its design is thin and light. It has a 6.8-inch display that enables any vlogger to shoot clear videos while on the move.
Additionally, on display, you will find the front camera located at the top center. Keep in mind, there is no headphone jack, but just like other Samsung’s models, it still has the MicroSD card slot.
However, apart from having a face unlock scanner that was found in Note 8 and Note 9, this type of Note has an ultrasonic in-screen fingerprint sensor. On top of that, the power button has been moved to the left side of the phone thus combined with the Bixby button.
- Operating System( Version): Android 9.0
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855
- Main screen: 6.8 inch
- RAM: 12GB of RAM
- Storage: 256 GB of storage
- The Main Camera + Video Recording Quality: 12MP, f/1.5-2.4,27 mm wide, 12MP f/2.1 52mm telephoto, 16MP f/2.2, 12 mm ultrawide + super steady video [email protected] 30/60 fps, [email protected]/60/240 fps and [email protected] in slow motion
- Front Camera + Video Recording Quality: 10MP, f/2.2, 26 mm wide + Auto HDR [email protected] 30fps
- Battery Capacity: 4,300mAh with 45W fast charger
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 77.2 x 7.9 mm / 6.39 x 3.04 x 0.31″
- Weight: 196 grams / 6.9 oz
- Colors: Aura Black, Aura Silver, Aura Blue, and Aura White
- Fast charging smartphone
- 4300 mAh battery
- Superb quad camera
- Known to be 98% screen
- Strong performance
- Sometimes fingerprint reader could be frustrating
Not only is it a head-turner, but Galaxy Note 10 plus is also definitely Samsung’s biggest and superb phone yet. From the different colors that make it look stylish to its display, S Pen, and the big battery, the phone is great for everyone. Nevertheless, the vloggers get to benefit too from it due to its incredible camera capability and video quality. Why don’t you try it and see?
4. One Plus 7T PRO – Very Valuable All-Around Smartphone
OnePlus 7T PRO has minor upgrades compared to the other previous T phones. Apart from the new software, you will notice update on the cameras as well as a faster chipset.
Here’s the deal:
Boasting of three independent cameras, the primary camera has a 48MP half-inch sensor and a wide 1.6 lens, the telephoto camera has an 8MP that packs a roughly 3x zoom. Lastly, the 16MP ultra-wide camera is able to shoot a 117-degree field of view.
Most interestingly, OnePlus 7T PRO has included a new action cam that reduces low-light performance. This enables you to capture more steady videos that have been seen from a smartphone.
|OnePlus 7T PRO HD1910 256GB, 8GB, Dual Sim, 6.67 inch, 48MP Main Lens, Triple Lens Camera, GSM...||CHECK THE PRICE|
First of all, OnePlus 7T Pro has curved screens, metal frames, and glass backs. The front is made from all-screen where the motorized selfie camera is situated.
The pop-up camera is known to appear and disappear automatically as you switch in and out of selfie mode. At the back of the phone, the triple-lens rear camera is situated.
Although you are likely to use two hands when operating the 7T Pro, it is smooth to your touch and comfortable while holding it.
- Operating System (Version): Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 Plus (7nm)
- Main screen: 6.7 inches AMOLED touchscreen
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256 GB
- The Main Camera+ Video Recording Quality: 48MP, f/1.6, wide camera, 8MP, f/2.4, 78 mm, telephoto, 16MP, f/2.2 17 mm ultrawide camera + [email protected]/60 fps, [email protected] 30/60/240 fps, [email protected] fps, Auto HDR
- Front Camera + Video Recording Quality: 16MP, f/2.0, 25mm wide camera, Auto-HDR [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Battery Capacity: 4085 mAh Warp Charge 30T fast charging
- Dimensions: 162.6 x 75.9 x 8.8 mm / 6.40 x 2.99 x 0.35″
- Weight: 206 grams / 7.27 oz
- Colors: Blue, McLaren Edition, Papaya Orange
- Versatile triple camera
- Well priced
- The 3x zoom gets closer than most smartphones
- Superb screen and design
- Packed with power
- Has only one internal storage
- No video manual
- The camera is good, but not the leading one
If you are looking for an excellent smartphone that you can get for a reasonable price and a high-quality camera that you can vlog with - the OnePlus 7T PRO is one of the best options in 2020.
5. Asus ZenFone 6 – TOP Phone for Vlogging That Nobody Talks [Budget-Friendly]
Are you a fan of cameras with a flip screen?
Now we have a phone with a flip camera. Amazing, right?
One of the largest computer hardware companies, ASUS has outdone themselves when it comes to the ZenFone 6.
What do I mean?
The phone has a dual- camera with a flagship Sony sensor that supports various shots. Definitely, good news for vloggers since it will be easy to flip around the cameras to get amazing shots.
What cooler, you can also use the cameras manually using the volume keys, thus giving you several positions to snap some shots.
For instance, it’s possible to be holding your phone in a text-like position yet you are really taking a photo. But that’s not all though; the phone has a great LCD screen as well as a long-lasting battery.
This phone is absolutely amazing for its price!
|ASUS ZenFone 6 (ZS630KL-S855-6G64G-BK) - 6.4” FHD+ 2340x1080 All-Screen NanoEdge Display - 48MP...||CHECK THE PRICE|
As you know, one of the coolest factors of the ZenFone 6 is its flip camera design that supports various shot angles. These usually are free angle shooting, front high-resolution, auto panorama, and front ultra-wide camera.
The screen is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass as well as the back though it feels almost like metal. Moreover, the backside has a fingerprint sensor, which enables you to unlock the phone quickly.
On one side, there are Dual Nano SIM slots that support 2-4G and one Micro SD card slot. On the other side of the phone, you will find the on/off button, volume button as well as smart key button.
- Operating System (Version): Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Snapdragon 855
- Main screen: 6.4 inches 2340 x1080 LCD
- RAM: 6GB of RAM
- Storage: 64 GB of storage
- The Main Camera + Video Recording Quality: 48MP, f/1.8, 26 mm wide, 13 MP, f/2.5 11 mm ultrawide + 2160p 4K/30fps video recording
- Front Camera + Video Recording Quality: 48MP, f/1.8, 26 mm wide, 13 MP, f/2.5 11 mm ultrawide + 2160p 4K/30fps with 1080p/240 fps and 720p/480 fps options
- Battery Capacity: 5,000mAh with 18W Quick charge 4
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 75.4 x 9.2 mm / 6.26 x 2.97 x 0.36″
- Weight: 190 g / 6.7 oz
- Colors: Black, Twilight Silver
- Really great camera for selfies and more
- Works super fast
- Great battery life
- Wonderful video quality
- In low light could work better
- No water resistance
- Face unlock could be faster
If you have been looking for the best affordable phone for vlogging then ZenFone 6 with a flip camera is good for you. It’s not slim or sleek, but it’s highly recommended to everyone looking for long-lasting battery life. One of the best phones for vlogging and photos, you also get an additional benefit since it’s also undeniably best at taking selfies.
6. Huawei P40 Pro – Trending Phone for Videos and Vlogging
Another absolute phone vloggers should think about is one of the newest release phones – Huawei P40 Pro 5G.
Packed with many benefits, the phone has 8GB RAM and 256 GB inbuilt storage that you can use along with a Nano Memory Card.
Moreover, the phone comes with a big OLED display and three powerful cameras. Note that the cameras and display work together hand in hand to show you an amazing view of the photos and videos.
Additionally, the phone is quite handy to vloggers since its 5G is super-fast when it comes to streaming or surfing.
And hey! Don’t worry about the battery running low; the phone can go for more than a day without charging.
One major drawback of why we listed this phone in the middle of this list – that this smartphone doesn’t support Google Services and apps.
|Huawei P40 Pro 5G Dual Sim EU/UK Version ELS-NX9 [NO Google Services] 8GB+256GB International...||CHECK THE PRICE|
When it comes to Huawei P40 design, there are little changes when compared to other Huawei models before it.
Aside from the three camera’s upgrade, the P40 has the same Gorilla Glass display, a curved screen on all sides. Nonetheless, it also has a small punch hole in the left-hand corner which gives way to dual selfie cams.
- Operating System (Version): Android v10
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G (7 nm+)
- Main screen: 6.58 inch AMOLED display
- RAM: 8GB of RAM
- Storage: 256 GB of storage
- The Main Camera + Video Recording Quality: 50MP, f/1.9 23mm wide, 12 MP, f/3.4 125mm periscope telephoto, 40MP, f/1.8 18mm, ultrawide + 4K2160p @ 30/30/60 fps
- Front Camera + Video Recording Quality: 32 MP, f/2.2 26 mm wide + [email protected]/60fps
- Battery Capacity: 4,200mAh Fast charging 40W
- Dimensions: 158.2 x 72.6 x 9 mm / 6.23 x 2.86 x 0.35″
- Weight: 209 grams / 7.4 oz
- Colors: Black, Gold, Blue, White, and Silver
- Has Dual SIM Capability
- Great battery capacity
- Superb cameras with many features
- Looks fashionable
- Unfortunately no Google Mobile Services
If you are looking for a really amazing phone for vlogging and recording videos, Huawei P40 PRO is the amazing choice for you if we talk about camera features and spec.Anyway, despite amazing camera and other features, keep in mind that the device doesn't have Google Mobile Service and that means that some of your favorite apps couldn't work.
7. Apple iPhone XS – Never Gets Old for Vlogging
Equipped with a 5.8-inch Retina display, the phone also has an advanced Face ID, which enables you to unlock the phone securely.
Other than that, you also experience next-level photos with the 12MP dual camera as well as 4K video recording.
Having a 64GB of inbuilt storage, you get to save your photos as well as videos. Being a dual SIM smartphone, you can use both your Nano-SIM and eSIM cards simultaneously.
Furthermore, the phone’s battery charges very fast, and what’s great is that it also supports wireless charging. We can’t forget the A12 Bionic; one of its main purposes is to provide extra hours of battery life. Additionally, the Bionic also helps in tasks related to machine learning such as Face ID and animoji.
This is why vloggers love the Apple iPhone XA model. It could easily be one of the best phones for vlogging, which never gets old!
To start with, the XS display has a beautiful curved design with rounded corners. The corners are within a standard rectangle, which makes the phone look more appealing to the eyes.
What’s more, the phone has the most durable glass found in a smartphone as well as a stainless steel band. Just like the iPhone XS Max, the iPhone XS has an OLED display, glass back, and click the button.
Moreover, it has two antenna lines where one cuts into the phone’s top right of the stainless band while the other into the lower left. Note that, the speaker holes on the bottom of the phone are no longer symmetrical. Keep in mind, the phone is water-resistant.
- Operating System (Version): iOS 12
- Processor: Apple A12 Bionic
- Main screen: 5.8 inch OLED display
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64 GB of storage
- The Main Camera + Video Recording Quality: Dual 12MP,f/1.8, 26mm wide, 12MP, f/2.4, 52mm telephoto + video- [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240 fps, HDR, stereo sound recording
- Front Camera + Video Recording Quality: 7MP, f/2.2, 32 mm+ [email protected]/60 fps, gyro-EIS
- Battery Capacity: 2658mAh, Fast charging 15W
- Dimensions: 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7 mm / 5.65 x 2.79 x 0.30″
- Weight: 177 g / 6.24
- Colors: Silver, Gold, Gray
- Excellent front and rear cameras
- Impressive display
- Dual-SIM support
- Great phone performance
- There are regular software updates
- Quite expensive
- Fast charger not bundled
Even if the iPhone XS is considered expensive, it’s still arguable one the best phone on the market to cater to your needs. With its beautiful curved design not only will you feel comfortable holding the phone on your hand but as a vlogger, you will love it more for its incredible features.
8. Huawei P30 PRO – TOP Smartphone for Vlogging [Huge Value for Money]
Constantly named as the best smartphone for vlogging, Huawei p30 PRO certainly does not disappoint.
Suitable for vloggers who need a full-featured camera phone, the smartphone is popular at capturing almost any illumination.
Plus, with its wider angle lens, you have the chance to take longer photos or small objects from a minimal distance.
On top of that, the camera surprisingly recognizes more than 80 different environmental scenarios and automatically selects the most optimal settings for the photos.
Interestingly, the camera also changes the level of backlight and blur as well as adjust light effects and color play.
Well, what about video quality?
One word, it is impressive. The 4K recording, which is even possible at the 30fps rate, ensures you shot terrific videos for your vlogs.
So you can rest assured that with Huawei P30 PRO, you can truly immerse yourself in every moment, and your vlogs would look fantastic.
|Huawei P30 Pro Dual/Hybrid-SIM 128GB VOG-L29 (GSM Only, No CDMA) Factory Unlocked 4G/LTE Smartphone...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Starting with the display, the Huawei P30 PRO has slimmed down the small notch at the top of the display. Unlike the screen size of the P20 Pro, which was 6.1 inches, the size of the screen on P30 has been increased to 6.47 inches.
Made of curved glass and metal chassis, the phone does seem like a solid phone. Note that, though it is not completely refined like other competitive smartphones, it has set itself apart with its stunning gradient color.
- Operating System (Version): Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7nm)-Octa core
- Main screen: 6.47 inch OLED display
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB
- The Main Camera + Video Recording Quality: Quad 40MP, f/1.6, 27mm, wide, 8MP,f/3.4, 125mm periscope telephoto, 20MP, f/2.2, 16mmultrawide + video [email protected]
- Front Camera+ Video Recording Quality: 32MP, f/2.0, 26 mm wide + [email protected]
- Battery Capacity: 4200 mAh battery, fast charging 40W/Wireless- 15W
- Dimensions: 158 x 73.4 x 8.4 mm / 6.22 x 2.89 x 0.33″
- Weight: 192 grams / 6.77 oz
- One of the best mobile phone camera on the market
- AI three-in-one camera
- Excellent specs and processor
- Good battery life
- Beautiful design
- PPI density is lower than the Samsung and Apple smartphones
P30 Pro is truly a smartphone meant to make vloggers make high-quality videos as well as capture beautiful pictures. Bonus points, you also get to enjoy other features like good battery life, excellent specs, and processor. In short, the phone is one of the best-looking phones on the market.
9. Google Pixel 4 – Perfect Smartphone for YouTube Beginners
Whether day or night, you will surely get it right. Besides, even if you take numerous pictures or shoot hours of videos, you have unlimited storage with Google Photos on Pixel 4.
Secondly, you will get more done with the new Google Assistant which can assist in your day to day activities. For instance, it’s great at helping you share photos or when you need to search for videos on YouTube.
That’s not all, though, being the first phone with Motion Sense that enables you to get things done without touching your phone. This definitely comes in handy when you are driving, eating, or cooking.
It’s safe to say; Google isn’t trying to sell the Pixel 4 by its look.
First and foremost, the bezels are huge, the forehead and chin are pleasing to the eyes, and the camera square seems plain looking.
Nonetheless, the phone feels really nice to hold, although it’s a bit thicker and heavier than the Pixel 3. Made from an aluminum frame with matte finish coating and Corning Gorilla Glass display, the matte back extends all from top to bottom, thus eliminating the trademark.
Interestingly, the coating makes the back feel more like metal than glass, while the aluminum sides are keenly polished to give them the same texture.
In addition, the phone has its trademark colored power button, volume controls, and speakers. Keep this in mind, the speakers have been moved to the bottom edge. The phone does not have a headphone jack, so you also will be forced to used wireless earphones.
- Operating System( Version): Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Main screen: 5.7 inches OLED screen
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 64 GB of storage
- The Main Camera + Video Recording Quality: 2 MP f/1.7, 27 mm wide camera, 16MP, f/2.4, 50mm telephoto + 2160p @30 fps, [email protected]/60/120 fps
- Front Camera + Video Recording Quality: 8MP, f/2.0, 22 mm + 1080p @ 30fps video recording
- Battery Capacity: 2,800mAh, fast charging 18W
- Dimensions: 147.1 x 68.8 x 8.2 mm / 5.79 x 2.71 x 0.32″
- Weight: 162 grams / 5.7 oz
- Colors: Black, white and orange
- The telephoto camera on some phones while others have ultra-wide-angle cameras
- Great video stability
- 90Hz display among 60Hz competitors
- Amazing picture quality and superb portraits
- Battery life is disappointing when compared to other smartphones
- No fingerprint authorization
Compared to other smartphones Pixel 4 is a very simple phone when it comes to design. However, it has a good high-quality camera that will be beneficial to you. For a beginner vlogger, you won’t be disappointed with its features at all.
10. Sony Xperia 1 – Incredible Display and Fast Performance Android Phone for Vlogging
Then go for the Sony Xperia 1 smartphone. Intended to produce colors at a professional level, the phone has a Triple lens camera system with Eye autofocus meant for precision focus and exposure.
With Sony being one of the first manufacturers to focus on water resistance, Xperia 1 is, therefore, water and dust resistance.
What’s more, apart from its stunning look while indoors, you can clearly use the phone outside to text or play games without any blurriness.
Looking at the triple camera array, you won’t be disappointed with the combination of 16mm ultra-wide and 52mm telephoto lens with the 26mm wide lens.
Mind you, each lens is 12MP, which enables you to get the most natural colors ever seen on the phone’s camera. Also, thanks to a larger ½.6-inch sensor and RAW noise reduction, the phone camera even takes pictures in low light.
Besides, there is a video app that not only gives you expansive video controls but also the ability to shoot in 23 or 29 frames per second.
That means you can shoot in 4K (3840 x 1644) with HDR enabled. Keep this in mind, not only is Sony a big name when it comes to photography, but also it tops in the videography and vlogging industry.
|Sony Xperia 1 Unlocked Smartphone 6.5" 4K HDR OLED CinemaWide Display, 128GB - Black - (US Warranty)||CHECK THE PRICE|
Just like other phones, the Sony Xperia 1 is made with aluminum frame and Gorilla Glass on the front and back. With a 21:9 Cinema Wide display, the phone looks taller, slender thus giving it a TV remote kind of look.
Keep in mind, though the narrow sides make the phone much more manageable, it’s still hard to use it one-handed. For example, it’s not possible to reach the notification shade without shifting the phone around in your palm.
When we look at the phone’s controls, all rest along the right-hand side of the frame. From top to bottom, there’s a power button, volume button, two-stage shutter button, and side-mounted fingerprint sensor. Note that, there is no headphone jack but the phone has dual speakers found in the same place as other phones.
- Operating System (Version): Android 9.0 “Pie” upgradeable to Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Main screen: 6.5-inch CinemaWide 4K OLED display
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 128 GB
- The Main Camera + Video Recording Quality: Triple cameras – 12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm wide, 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm telephoto, 12MP, F/2.4, 16mm ultrawide + [email protected]/30fps 4K HDR
- Front Cameras+ Video Recording Quality: 8MP, f/2.0, 24mm wide + [email protected]( 5 axis gyro-EIS)
- Battery Capacity: 3330 mAh battery, 18 W UISB-PD fast charging
- Dimensions: 167 x 72 x 8.2 mm / 6.57 x 2.83 x 0.32″
- Weight: 178 grams / 6.3 oz
- Colors: Black, Purple, White, and Gray
- Phenomenal display
- Long-lasting battery
- A great triple camera array
- No wireless charging
- It has an awkward finger sensor placement
No one thought Sony would give its customers something to smile about but Xperia has achieved that. From the incredible display, fast performance, and great cameras, there is nothing stopping you from purchasing it.
11. Nokia 7.2 – One of the Best Budget-Friendly Smartphones for Vlogging
Although Nokia had left the market in 2013, it was revived by HMD Global in 2016 and the company has certainly spent the past few years designing well build and affordable smartphones.
One of the best cheap smartphones for vlogging is Nokia 7.2 Triple Camera.
Starting with a sleek design, the phone has a significant and bright HDR design that makes it easier to browse, text, take pictures, and stream videos.
Looking at the cameras, the main camera has a 48-megapixel sensor that goes down to a 12-megapixel image. This enables the quality of the pictures to be well lit and vibrant, especially in daylight.
However, when it comes to taking pictures at night, the shots may not be as clear when compared to other high priced phones.
For YouTubers and vloggers, the phone supports 4K on the rear camera and Full HD on the front. This ensures the recordings of your videos look good.
Also, the battery does not disappoint either, with a 2 days battery life allowance, you get to stay connected for longer as you shoot or stream videos.
|Nokia 7.2 - Android 9.0 Pie - 128 GB - 48MP Triple Camera - Unlocked Smartphone...||CHECK THE PRICE|
The one thing that sets the Nokia 7.2 apart is the design, aside from the smooth design; the corner curves match well with the curves around the display.
This makes the phone feel comfortable and extra smooth in hand. The frame is made from metal and a special polymer while the front and back are covered in Gorilla Glass.
Furthermore, one side of the phone, there is the power button and a volume rocker above it, while the opposite side has a dedicated Google Assistant button.
On the bottom, there is a USB C port and a narrow speaker grille while on the top of the phone a 3.5mm headphone jack is present. Most noteworthy, the SIM slot can hold two SIM cards and a microSD card.
- Operating System (Version): Original: Android 9 “Pie” Current: Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 (14nm)
- Main screen: 6.3 inches HDR Pure display
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 128 GB
- The Main Camera+ Video Recording Quality: 48 MP, f/1.8 wide, 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm ultrawide, 5MP, f/2.4 depth + [email protected], [email protected] (gyro-EIS)
- Front Cameras + Video Recording Quality: 20MP, f/2.0, wide camera + [email protected]
- Battery Capacity: 3500 mAh battery, standard charging 10W
- Dimensions: 159 x 75.2 x 8.3 mm / 6.30 x 2.96 x 0.33″
- Weight: 180 grams / 6.35 oz
- Colors: Charcoal, Cyan Green and Ice
- Amazing design
- Fast and smooth performance
- Incredible camera for a decent price
- Quite slow charging
- Unimpressive HDR
There are so many reasons to buy the Nokia 7.2, however, except for the above cons, it’s essential you take care of the phone since it’s made of glass and it isn’t water-resistant. Nonetheless, a good casing will do the trick, right? If you are on the budget and looking for a perfect smartphone for videos and photos - it is a perfect choice.
12. Moto G7 Power – Cheapest Smartphone From The List
First of all, apart from the pre-installed Amazon Alexa, the phone also has other Amazon apps such as Amazon Music, Audible, and Amazon Shopping.
Interestingly, when it comes to Alexa, you only need to double press the power button to make your request, and Alexa will respond by playing music, giving you news, and weather updates among others.
However, apart from Alexa, Moto G7 has a lot to offer for YouTubers and vloggers. It has the best camera you could ever get on any smartphone under $300 in 2020.
With the 12-megapixel dual camera and 8- megapixel selfie camera on the front, you are guaranteed great images. What about Video? The Snapdragon processor enables the Moto G7 to record 4K footage at up to 30fps.
|Moto G7 Power with Alexa Push-to-Talk – Unlocked – 32 GB – Marine Blue (US Warranty) –...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Unlike the Moto G6, the single biggest new feature is the Moto G7 edge to edge display. Note that, despite the display is a bit larger than the G6, it does not make the phone any bulkier.
When we look further at the screen, it is made with Gorilla Glass and metal. On the back of the phone, there is a fingerprint sensor while the right side has the volume buttons. In addition, the phone has a headphone jack and a MicroSD card slot.
- Operating System (Version): Android OS 9.0
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 (8 GHz octa-core)
- Main screen: 6.2 HD Display
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32 GB
- The Main Camera+ Video Recording Quality: Dual – 12MP, f/1.8 5MP, f/2.2 depth + [email protected], [email protected]/60 fps
- Front Cameras+ Video Recording Quality: Single 8MP, 1/4” [email protected]
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh battery with 15W TurboPower charger
- Dimensions: 159.4 x 76 x 9.3 mm / 6.28 x 2.99 x 0.37″
- Weight: 193 grams / 6.81 oz
- Colors: Marine Blue, Clear White, and Ceramic Black
- It has a big screen which is really comfortable for users
- Great camera for a super cheap price
- Sleek design
- The notch isn’t that attractive
- Not the best battery life
Despite not having the best battery life, the Moto G7 has the most impressive camera and great video capacity for a smartphone costing that price. The design and performance are also basically superior when we compare it to the G6. Overall, it is a great phone for vloggers to use.
Probably, in this review of the best phones for vlogging you found out, that there are many smartphones in the market that has to offer high-quality cameras.
If you are just a beginner in the vlogging niche, you don’t need to rush and buy a DSLR vlogging camera. Instead, think about your smartphone that you are using and find out its camera specifications. Sometimes, smartphones can offer a better camera quality than the vlogging camera.
Here’s the best part: