TOP 10 Best Vlogging Cameras Under $500
Do you have a budget around $400-500 for vlogging camera? Well, this article covers everything about best vlogging cameras under 500 dollars!
Here’s the deal:
If you are a vlogger or just started thinking about to enter the fast-expanding industry as a newbie, then a good camera around your budget is a must!
In other words, the popularity of your vlog largely depends on the quality of your content as well as on the camera you own. There are many cameras available in the market these days that are specially designed for the purpose of vlogging.
Here, we have compiled a list of the 10 best vlogging cameras under $500 and mentioned every detail that you should know about them.
Table of Contents
- List of TOP 10 Best Vlogging Cameras Under $500 in 2019
- 1. Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless – Best Vlogging Camera Under $500 🏆
- 2. PANASONIC LUMIX GX85 – Amazing Vlogging Camera for Outdoor Videos
- 3. Canon EOS Rebel T6 – One Of The Best DSLRs Under $500
- 4. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 – Amazing Compact Vlogging Camera For Daily Shooting
- 5. Nikon D5300 Digital SLR Camera – Perfect Choice For Vloggers and Photographers
- 6. Nikon D3400 – Perfect Vlogging Camera Under $500 for Beginners
- 7. Panasonic Lumix FZ80 – Full Range 60x Zoom Camera for Vlogging
- 8. Panasonic Lumix G7 – Best Mirrorless Vlogging Camera Under $500
- 9. Sony DSC HX400 – Amazing Full HD Vlogging Camera Under $500
- 10. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 – Perfect Hybrid Vlogging Camera
List of TOP 10 Best Vlogging Cameras Under $500 in 2019
|Name||Sensor Resolution||Video Capture Resolution||Check|
Sony Alpha a6000 - Editor's Choice
1. Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless – Best Vlogging Camera Under $500 🏆
If you want to a have a camera that has a flawless shot taking capability, then there is no better option than Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera, standing at the top of the list as one of the best vlogging cameras under 500 dollars.
Need to mention that Sony Alpha a6000 offers great output when budget cameras are considered, especially when we talk about vlogging camera with a Flip Screen!
On the downside, I have to say that it uses Sony’s lower resolution SVGA viewfinder instead of high-end XGA panel.
Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digitial Camera Features
Sony has also made other changes in the design such as removing confusing unlabelled buttons and tilting LCD screen that contributes to the overall ergonomics of the camera.
One of the reasons why Sony Alpha a6000, according to our opinion is the best vlogging camera under $500 – compact design and comfortable grip. It weighs just 0.76 lb which is really incredible for outdoor shooting.
Moreover, the camera can capture 11 frames per second in continuous shooting mode using autofocus tracking. Needless to say that a6000 delivers great detail and incredible enlargements owing to its advanced CMOS sensor.
Textures and details are remarkably great in it because of the new Bionz X processor. You can ISO in the range of 100-25600 and can also use pop up flash and a standard hot shoe for mounting flash accessories. Nevertheless, a6000 allows you to record full HD video in cinematic 24 p.
These features ant connectivity just proves that this camera is the best choice for vloggers with less than $500 in the pocket.
- Compact size and lightweight
- Multiple options for custom control
- Remarkable low-light photography
- At this price range, a6000 offers great EVF
- The absence of a touchscreen could be a downside for many
- The process to set autofocus is quite tedious
- Excessive noise-reduction
Unarguably, Sony a6000 is the best vlogging camera under 500 dollars. With a swathe of features, the camera offers excellent image quality, fast continuous performance, and fits right in the budget of many who are just entering the vlogging industry - strongly recommended!
2. PANASONIC LUMIX GX85 – Amazing Vlogging Camera for Outdoor Videos
The highlight of the camera is its super-fast 3 frames-per-second 4K video recording feature.
Want to know the best part?
Panasonic Lumix GX85 originally costs around $1000, but suddenly the price dropped around $500!
Nobody knows for how long it happened, but I strongly recommend to check it out!
PANASONIC LUMIX GX85 Camera Features
Weighing just 1.09 lbs, Lumix GX85 offers an easily accessible thumbwheel control and an integrated 2764k dot-eye-level electronic viewfinder for viewing easily.
Additionally, a tilting display makes it flexible for shooting even in difficult angles. The compact and lightweight camera is perfect for modern photography enthusiasts who love to carry the camera along with them everywhere.
The electromagnetic shutter resolves the shutter-induced blur issue which is commonly found in many DSLRs. It is the first Panasonic camera to feature an anti-aliasing filter which delivers images and videos with better detailing and high pixel quality. The 4K mirrorless camera also sports 5-axis sensor IS with rotation correction
The camera does not have a microphone jack and the company has also not provided any official cable release accessory. The built-in Wi-Fi and NFC are a relief for those who want smartly control the camera using a smartphone.
- Excellent 4K video quality
- DeFocus AF System offers great depth and impressive subject tracking
- For vloggers, Dual IS combining 5-axis in-body and in-lens shake reduction is a boon
- Touchscreen and physical buttons offer great customizability
- Back control dial is difficult to control because of its small size
- The company does not provide a battery charger
- The absence of a microphone or headphone jack
- No weather sealing
Panasonic Lumix GX85 delivers excellent performance and 4K video recording with impressive video stabilization. All in all, these make it quite helpful while shooting outdoor videos.
3. Canon EOS Rebel T6 – One Of The Best DSLRs Under $500
The camera is equipped with all the features that no one would expect from a mid-budget good camera.
Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera Features
In fact, the camera scores perfectly in terms of ergonomics with textured material covering the handgrip. All the buttons are located on the right side of the pop-up flash. On the right side of the viewfinder, you will find a Live View button which is used for starting and pausing video recording. Finally, Canon T6 is quite handy and lightweight as compared to many other DSLRs in its segment.
ISO can be captured in the range of 100 to 12800 making the camera a decent choice for working in different lighting conditions. Moving objects can be shot continuously at 3 frames per second and videos can be recorded at full HD 1080P/30.
Near Field Communication or NFC is also available in the camera for establishing a connection between the NFC compatible devices. Besides these features, Canon T6 also has 2.5 mm ports for transferring images using USB and mini HDMI.
- High-resolution LCD
- Approachable and ergonomic design
- Excellent noise-reduction
- Small optical viewfinder
- Fixed LCD with no swivel motion for rotating the LCD screen
- Sub-par autofocus performance
Canon EOS Rebel T6 is one of the best entry-level DSLRs under $500 with excellent results in day to day shooting. It offers limited shooting modes which could be an issue for professional photographers.
4. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 – Amazing Compact Vlogging Camera For Daily Shooting
This is crazy:
The sleek camera has excellent low-light photography capabilities but comes with limited RAW functionalities.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 Compact Digital Camera Features
The camera comes with an automatic fall detection feature that automatically sucks the lens in if it detects a fall. This could be quite a handy feature for outdoor photography.
This feature of the camera I like the most:
Buttons on the camera are highly customizable so that photographers can assign control to the buttons according to their preference. Also, the lightweight camera is easy to handle and fits right into the pocket.
As far as video recording is considered, you can record 1080 at 60 fps and 10 fps continuous shooting in a special “speed priority” mode which is excellent for swiftly moving subjects. For all i know, ISO lies in the range of 125 and 6400 and can be expanded up to 25,600 with multi-frame noise reduction.
However, Sony RX100 does not feature built-in Wi-Fi which is quite a disappointment.
- Compact size and a handy design, so the camera can be easily carried in a breast pocket
- Each button on the camera can be customized as per convenience
- Multiple picture effects to choose from
- No touchscreen in the camera
- No manually triggered macro mode for close-up photography
- Disappointing battery life
If you are looking for a compact digital camera that can capture great photographs, then Sony Cyber-shot RX100 could be your choice. Its sleek and elegant design is the main attraction. The camera delivers speedy performance and doesn’t disappoint in terms of detail retention.
5. Nikon D5300 Digital SLR Camera – Perfect Choice For Vloggers and Photographers
With APS-C CMOS image sensor of 24.2 MP, Nikon D5300 Digital SLR is an excellent pick for those who are struggling to find the best vlogging camera in the market under $500.
Need to mention that packing an excellent performing sensor and a great design, Nikon D5300 is a good choice for passionate photographers.
Nikon D5300 Digital SLR Camera Features
Despite its dominant plastic shell, the camera emanates premium look and feels good to hold. Unfortunately the touchscreen is missing in the camera which is rather disappointing given that it is found in many of its competitors.
The external controls in the camera and buttons are also similar to Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 easily accessible and are good for an entry-level photographer.
The 3.2-inch LCD screen is large enough to see the photographs clearly and with the dot-count of 1,037,000, you can clearly see even under bright light. Up to the point, the camera is capable of shooting videos at full HD with the frame rates of 60, 50p, 30, 25, and 24p.
- No anti-aliasing feature greatly improves image quality
- Highly ergonomic design and firm grip
- Built-in GPS for geo-tagging photographs
- No touchscreen and mainly on-screen controls
- Special effects for creativity are limited only to JPEG format.
- Slow live view
Nikon D5300 Digital SLR camera is a great general-purpose digital camera that offers great photographs and video recording. With built-in Wi-Fi and GPS, the digital camera could be a great choice for vloggers because of its excellent video recording capabilities and ergonomic design.
6. Nikon D3400 – Perfect Vlogging Camera Under $500 for Beginners
With its compact design and excellent AF system, the camera is perfect for newbies as well as professional photographers.
Here’s the kicker:
Despite the fact I listed this camera in 6th place, most of starting YouTube celebrities really enjoy this camera also!
Let’s check why this camera is so popular among video creators.
Nikon D3400 DSLR Camera Features
Furthermore, the grips around the corners are covered with soft rubber allowing photographers to have a great feeling while holding the camera. The mode dial is easily accessible and buttons are reasonably sized for shooting on the go.
With full HD video recording option, the camera is a great choice for beginners. D3400’s ISO lies in the range of 100-25600. Besides that, the camera has an 11-point autofocus system along with continuous shooting feature at 5fps.
Bluetooth connectivity option also allows you to control the camera with a smartphone. The absence of Wi-Fi connectivity could be a negative point for some users, but the Bluetooth connectivity option makes up for it.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Excellent battery life
- Vibration reduction for superior image stabilization
- Weak inbuilt flash
- The absence of microphone input option
Nikon D3400 is a decent DSLR camera overall and certainly one of the best in its price segment. Its features such as lightweight and compact design, excellent AF system, long battery life, and crystal-clear image quality make it a great pick amongst its competitors.
7. Panasonic Lumix FZ80 – Full Range 60x Zoom Camera for Vlogging
What is more, the superzoom bridge camera provides tonnes of zoom at a great price and is capable of recording videos at 4K – which is amazing!
Panasonic Lumix FZ80 4K 60x Zoom Camera Features
The pocket-friendly camera has a fixed screen that comes with 1040k dot panel and is touch sensitive. All the buttons on the SLR are clearly labeled and positioned in a manner that makes it easy to operate.
Overall, Lumix FZ80 has an ergonomic design and a great build quality!
Furthermore, burst shooting mode captures 10fps at an 18MP resolution in JPG or RAW format. The 20-120mm equivalent lens is great for capturing 60x excellent photographs.
- Significantly wider lens for capturing an ultra-wide perspective
- Post-focus function for taking image series and extracting image in the desired focus area
- Touch sensitive LCD
- No eye sensor
- EVF magnification
- Extreme noise at high ISO settings
Panasonic Lumix FZ80 is a versatile camera with an impressive zoom range. With the feature of recording 4K stills, the camera gives a tough competition to the DSLRs in this price range. Given its plethora of features and excellent build quality, Lumix FZ80 is one of the best vlogging cameras under $500.
8. Panasonic Lumix G7 – Best Mirrorless Vlogging Camera Under $500
In general, it is another Lumix series camera in our list of the best vlogging cameras under 500 dollars and rightfully so.
You might be wondering:
Why I listed this camera just in the 8th place?
The answer is the price.
Panasonic Lumix G7 4K Mirrorless Camera Features
The fully articulated touch-sensitive LCD screen is great for viewing angles. Panasonic has provided a perfect blend of direct controls and DSLR like design making it an ideal pick for first-time ILC shooter. Moreover, all the buttons are strategically placed and neatly labeled for easy access.
Equipped with 4K Ultra HD Video technology, the camera can record 4K videos with great detail. The 4K photo function offers three different modes for capturing stunning still photos. Other notable features are high-visibility viewfinder, intelligent auto-focusing and focus peaking.
In addition to Wi-Fi, Lumix G7 has an HDMI port for playing videos and images on an external screen or recorder.
- Impressive autofocus in Movie mode for videographers.
- Direct control of features for effortless operation
- Excellent 4k image quality
- Proprietary USB connectors
- No built-in stabilization
Given the price tag it carries, Panasonic Lumix G7 packs plenty of features and delivers results that you would expect from a high-end DSLR. With its built-in wifi, smart image processing system and articulating touch screen, Lumix G7 is a great choice for vloggers.
9. Sony DSC HX400 – Amazing Full HD Vlogging Camera Under $500
That is to say it is a great camera for vlogging purpose and is one of the best vlogging cameras under $500 in the market in 2019.
Let’s analyse the main features of the camera.
Sony DSC HX400 20MP Digital Camera Features
Sporting DSLR like dials and controls, the camera also has an angle-adjustable LCD screen and electronic viewfinder.Plus the compact size of the camera enables you to reach either side of the camera without stretching your hand too much.
Despite the fact, the camera measures 129.6×93.2×1.03.2mm which makes it bigger than other digital cameras of its price segment.
For viewing photographs, Sony has provided a 3-inches tilting LCD screen and an electronic viewfinder. HX400 has ISO in the range between 100 and 12,800 with 3-way Active Mode for an improved optical Steady shot.
Sony has also provided HDMI and USB 2.0 ports for transferring images and videos from the camera.
- Excellent zoom range
- Impressive EVF capabilities
- Sturdy build quality and ergonomic design
- Short battery life
- Shooting in RAW is not available
- Absence of touchscreen
Sony DSC HX400 is an impressive digital camera with a host of useful features packed in a lightweight body. The 50x optical zoom and Vario Sonnar T lens are the highlighting features of the camera. Within the budget of $500, HX400 is a great pick.
10. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 – Perfect Hybrid Vlogging Camera
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 digital camera is a long zoom digital camera introduced as an upgrade of the FZ50 model.
To the best of my knowledge, the entry-level DSLR is equipped with many features that make it a perfect choice for those who want DSLR like controls.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Digital Camera Features
The camera offers a substantial hand grip and you need to hold it with both the hands because of its large size and considerable weight. Panasonic has positioned the buttons thoughtfully for smooth operation.
With 4K QFHD/HD Hybrid photography and 4K QFHD 30p video using Hybrid 8MP post capture, it is a good enough camera for vloggers. Additionally, leica branded DC lens 25-400 F2.8-4.0 combined with Lumix DFD focusing technology outputs clear images with details.
The digital camera also comes with built-in Near Field Communication (NFC) for easy sharing of photos and videos with the supported devices.
- Flip out rotating LCD screen
- Ergonomic design and comfortable grip while clicking still shots
- Electronic viewfinder
- Absence of touchscreen
- Below average battery life
- The absence of neutral density filter
Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 poses serious competition to and almost outshines Sony RX10 which is in the same price range. FZ1000 is packed with many features that make it one of the best budget cameras for vlogging from Panasonic.
Glen Beker is 100% of time Blogger and Video Editor from Germany who lives and works most of the time in the United States.
He spend a lot of time by editing Video Blogs and giving advices to various Vloggers from all over the World!