TOP 10 Best Vlogging Cameras Under $300
A lot of people, including me, try to save some money and have a dedicated budget for their hobbies – vlogging is included! It is the reason why I’m writing articles about vlogging cameras for the exact amount of money – this time for your attention TOP 10 best vlogging cameras under 300 dollars!
Moreover, I hope that you have already noticed that among all the things a YouTuber can hope to have, a good camera is pretty high on the priority list.
So definitely, I will share with you the best vlogging cameras under $300, which will be very effective in 2019!All cameras from this list were tested by vlogtribe.com editors.
Table of Contents
- TOP 10 Best Vlogging Cameras Under $300
- 1. Canon EOS Rebel T3i – Best Vlogging Camera Under $300 🏆
- 2. Canon SX40 HS – Best Vlogging Camera Under $300 with a Flip Screen
- 3. Canon EOS Rebel T5 – Good Choice for Starters
- 4. Sony RX100 – Amazing Design Vlogging Camera Under $300
- 5. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX300 – User-Friendly Vlogging Camera Under $300
- 6. Video Camera Camcorder 4K Kicteck – Budget-Friendly Vlogging Camera
- 7. Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 – Good Choice for Travelers
- 8. Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 – Best Vlogging Camera Under $300 for Social Media
- 9. Fujifilm FinePix S9800 – Vintage Design Vlogging Camera Under $300
- 10. Fujifilm XQ1 – Amazing Phase Detection Speed Camera
TOP 10 Best Vlogging Cameras Under $300
Need to mention:
There are some used cameras which have a fantastic condition and are way useful and worth more than any other brand new camera under $300 in this list.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at the best vlogging cameras under 300 dollars.
|Name||Flip Screen||Mic. Jack||Video Resolution||Check|
Canon EOS Rebel T3i - Editor's Choice
1. Canon EOS Rebel T3i – Best Vlogging Camera Under $300 🏆
Canon EOS Rebel T3i digital camera is pretty much the same as its predecessor T2i, with some tweaks, which are natural for this price.
However, those tweaks are all in the right places. The T3i does a decent job in most aspects, though it has its glaring limitations.
To be honest, for this price – I love this camera so much!
I have to say that you can’t buy this camera for this price in the brand new condition, but definitely, our provided listing is more than valuable – and yes, you can buy it under 300 dollars!
Canon EOS Rebel T3i Camera Features:
The design is ergonomic and easily allows shooting one-handed, something pretty useful to vloggers. The flip-and-twist LCD is usual, though the 3-inch size is pretty decent.
Like previous versions, it has 9-pt autofocus, center cross type of f2.8. The video shooting features are actually much better, plus it comes with useful modes like Live Mode and Movie Mode. Creative filters are built-in to make videos fancier. As far as audio goes, the camera has Mono with built-in microphone.
- Autofocus works great even in rapidly changing scenarios
- The image quality is amazing for its price bracket
- The design ensures a steady and easy grip on the camera
- The camera supports Full HD recording
- The frame rate and burst mode are mediocre, which makes it hard to shoot fast scenes like sports and cars
- Live view AF is slow, and so is switching between video and image mode. Live View mode also eats more battery
- It tends to overexpose when shooting in bright sunlight, which then needs to be manually corrected
Rebel T3i can be called the best vlogging camera under $300 - if you are low on budget and want a camera that does a decent job. It cannot work in all scenarios but does an amazing job for the most part!
2. Canon SX40 HS – Best Vlogging Camera Under $300 with a Flip Screen
However, it doesn’t deliver the same well for videos, so there’s the catch. Despite this fact, I can define and definitely say that this camera the best vlogging camera with under $300 with the flip screen.
Moreover, I published a very informative article about the best vlogging cameras with the flip screen. You can read it by clicking here.
Canon SX40 Camera Features:
However, switching between LCD and EVF could be a pain manually, since there are many sub-modes in each. Furthermore, enough manual buttons are provided to get through most of the work without relying heavily on the touch. While the design is easy to carry, the grip is not too comfortable. The zooming in and out of lens is slow, which could be irritating for some people.
The image format is JPEG (no RAW), and video format is MOV. It is capable of shooting 4kx3K pixels pictures and 1920x1080p videos. Sensitivity range stands low, up to ISO 3200. The camera comes with a variety of photo effects, 8-shot burst mode and various focus modes (including auto-focus).
Alternatively, you can use the mini USB port for connecting to computers. If the HDTV is CEC-enabled, you can control the playback of images/videos with your remote control.
- The image stabilization is great, which makes it particularly useful for people vlogging outdoors.
- The burst mode is suitable for its price range.
- The image quality is pretty decent and works great if you don’t plan to crop the videos heavily.
- There is no RAW in SX40, which can be a disappointment for some.
- Not enough manual control is provided.
- The design is not particularly ergonomic.
If you are looking for a trusted brand, decent photographs and good lens, then Canon SX40 is one of the best vlogging cameras under $300 with a Flip Screen.
3. Canon EOS Rebel T5 – Good Choice for Starters
EOS Rebel T5 by Canon isn’t the most amazing of cameras, but let me remind you that we are reviewing vlogging cameras under 300 dollars, so it definitely holds enough power to get you started or even renew your vlogging equipment!
Moreover, the entry-level DSLR gives decent quality images and videos without straining your pocket.
Canon EOS Rebel T5 Camera Features:
The overall design is aimed to be held comfortably and used with a single hand, including slight changes in the layout of buttons. The 3-inch LCD screen is good to go.
The video supports 1080p recording, so shooting HD videos for your YouTube channel won’t be a hassle. The ISO range is between 100-6400.
- The trademark Canon image style gives good stills, even better than some more advanced cameras.
- The videos are decent, shooting at 1080p.
- The overall budget makes it a desirable choice for newbies.
- It doesn’t handle high ISOs likes 12,800 well.
- There is no image stabilization.
- The technology seems outdated compared to other cameras.
If you want to polish your skills in shooting stills and videos without investing much, then Rebel T5 seems like one of the best vlogging cameras under 300 dollars, especially for starting vloggers!
4. Sony RX100 – Amazing Design Vlogging Camera Under $300
The Cyber-Shot series did exactly that, and RX100 is one excellent example.
The digital camera has an alluring design, but it both beauty and the brains. In both still and video mode, Sony RX100 gives fierce competition to everyone else.
Sony RX100 Camera Features:
With a mere 0.53 lbs weight, it is one of the most stylish and comfortable cameras you will find in this segment. Despite the sleek and lightweight design, the camera has excellent build material and a 3-inch LCD screen that gives you a good view.
The buttons are placed ergonomically to use even one-handed. The 3.6x optical zoom lens is built-in to the camera.
The video supports Full HD 1080p and The lens offers 36x zoom. Other features include temperature tolerance, 12M color dots on the LCD screen, video recording with manual control/dual record and Steady-Shot image stabilization.
- The image quality is excellent, so is the performance on high ISOs.
- The feature menu is heavily customizable, allows favorite features to be more easily accessible.
- The additional features are great and add to the shooting experience.
- USB-charging and fast-charging aids in traveling
- The RAW format doesn’t support many features available in JPEG format like Clear Zoom and Picture Effects.
- The LCD screen becomes hard to see in bright sunlight.
If you are someone who got bored of the usual camera designs and wanted something stylish yet powerful, Sony RX100 seems like a great choice and arguably the best vlogging camera under 300 dollars that you would find. However, it is also one of the most expensive ones in this list, so go ahead at your discretion or opt for a used model.
5. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX300 – User-Friendly Vlogging Camera Under $300
The biggest drawback about this camera is the price.
For 300 dollars most likely you could buy currently used Sony Cyber-Shot camera, but I strongly recommend to choose the used Sony DSC HX300 camera than a cheaper brand new camera – besides that, most of the used cameras are in superb condition.
Read along to discover this spectacular alternative.
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX300 Camera Features:
It also features a good texture for a better grip that makes the camera more operational and user-friendly. In the same way, it is overall light in weight with a stylish design which will make do give the price point.
So, starting from the panorama mode, it offers a 360° sweep function. It captures the panorama effortlessly even when the subjects are in motion. Next, it has a perfect inbuilt effect that will make the focal point of your pictures stand out just like an oil painting.
With it enhanced superior auto, you will be able to capture snaps with a dynamic movement. It also has a super zoom of 50x that will ensure clarity to the tiniest of specs. You can capture movies at a whopping HD 1080/60p video quality
- Super 50x zoom
- Great battery life
- 3-inch LCD
- Excellent in low-light as well
- Light-weight model
- Great auto-focus
- Camera charger not available
- Slow camera recovery after clicking
- Saving in RAW format is not available
If you’re on a budget but have dreams to be a famous vlogger, then this will be an amazing option for you. All in all, this camera is worth for the value you will be paying.
6. Video Camera Camcorder 4K Kicteck – Budget-Friendly Vlogging Camera
Kicteck is nowhere near as famous a brand as Sony, Canon or even Fujifilm.
It surprisingly outshines them all in many areas and also the price is amazing, especially if you are just the starting vlogger.
Keeping the desire for brand name aside, Kicteck has the capability of punching far above its stature.
4K Kickten Camera Features:
It comes with a 3-inch screen with 270-degree rotation; however, it is capacitive, which is a letdown. The camera also comes with a separate Wide-Angle Lens, which makes taking pictures many times better. Even further, it has a separate mount for a stereo microphone, making it even better for vloggers.
Moreover, videos are shot at 4K 2880x2160p and 24 frames per second. It has various filters and an IR night mode. Other features include IR-CUT light filter, Ultra HD mode and noise cancellation.
- Camera supports both 4K videos and High-Res images
- Mounted microphones give superior audio quality
- Fully compatible with a tripod stand
- Wi-Fi connectivity makes content sharing easy
- Extra set of batteries that make it easy to last long while traveling
- The design resembles camcorders, which might be an issue for some people
- The Capacitive screen doesn’t offer a great view and can be clumsy to use
- There is no image stabilization or optical zoom
If you can ignore the lack of a big brand name, the Kicteck Ultra HD camcorder is one of the best vlogging cameras under $300 undoubtedly. The host of features alone makes it a great choice.
7. Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 – Good Choice for Travelers
Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS may not be a DSLR, but it doesn’t fall short of any of the incredible features of a typical DSLR
It has made its way to the list of best vlogging cameras under 300 dollars owing to its spectacular features that can put any high-end camera to shame
Read further to know more about its specifications:
Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 Camera Features:
Not to mention the Canon PowerShot comes with a starter kit including a 16GB card, SD card reader, cleaning kit, a mini tripod and an extra battery in cases of emergency. All of this given the fact that this list is still a list of best vlogging cameras under $300.
- Comes with a Starter Cleaning Kit
- Features 16 GB SDHC
- Also has an SD Card Reader
- Offers Wi-Fi connectivity
- Comes with a Tripod
- Features an Auto-Hybrid Mode
- Great Alternative to a DSLR
- May seem inadequate for DSLR users
- Low volume on the camera
For novice users who need to experiment and hone their skills at photography, this camera offers everything. So, before you leap to your “big boy (girl)” DSLR you can try your hand at this equally amazing option for a year or two.
8. Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 – Best Vlogging Camera Under $300 for Social Media
It has a sleek body, stellar modes and an array of features that make connectivity and sharing of images a piece of cake.
Samsung Galaxy Camera Features:
The camera features dimensions of 2.8 x 5.22 x .76 and weighs 0.62 pounds. The model comes in a gorgeous metallic silver color with a sleek and lightweight design. Need to mention that the entire model is loaded with features and the package comes with the lithium-ion battery, power adapter, USB cable, and a start-up guide.
- 21x zoom function along with an inbuilt Zoom option that lets you zoom using a pinch like motion with two fingers;
- It offers a smart button mode that can allow you to make use of a variety of shoot modes;
- The action freeze mode in this camera is great for capturing an event with a lot of movement and noise;
- The drama shot is also present here that allows you to merge a series of continuing shots.
Some of the other spectacular features include a light trace mode for night photography, a photobeam function to share images in one touch and much more.
It has some really smart features like:
- Photo beam;
- Social media direct uploading;
- Access to e-mail;
- Direct or mobile link;
- Auto-back to the PC;
- Remote viewfinder and as well as all share.
- High Connectivity & Sharing options
- 21x zoom function
- Several shoot modes
- Sleek body and light-weight design
- Enhanced battery life
- Comes with power adapter and USB cable
- Features Android 4.3
- The screen can be hard to view under sun glare
- The model can malfunction sometimes
This camera is an excellent option and alternative to a bulky DSLR. It will take good quality images even on an auto mode. So, for novice and amateur photographer and vlogger who is active on social networks - this offers a great deal.
9. Fujifilm FinePix S9800 – Vintage Design Vlogging Camera Under $300
Fujifilm FinePix S9800 secures its spot in the best vlogging cameras under $300 list with its excellent features like the vast range of aperture to facilitate in capturing any snap regardless of the distance and some more efficient features.
I would recommend reading along to find out more:
Moreover, I have to mention that most of these model cameras are already used, but in superb condition as well.
Fujifilm FinePix S9800 Camera Features:
- The zoom range of F19, making the model incredibly efficient for both beginners as well as experts;
- It features a lens with an aperture ranging from F2.9 to F6 combined with an aspherical element for a reduced amount of aberration;
- The feature of the wide angled lens also goes from F2.9 to F8.
Since it is a new launch in the market, it enjoys the processor of a new generation along with BSI-CMOS. This processor employs cutting-edge technology which combines various frames to come with a movie with least noise. On top of this, it has EVF or Electronic View Finder which given the range of “under 300” seems excellent. It also has 11 distinct filters for creating unique photo effects.
- The zoom range of F19
- Aperture range from F2.9 to F6
- Efficient connectivity and transfer
- Comes with a USB cable
- Good enough battery life
- Doesn’t have cable and battery charger
- May seem heavy to hold
- Size may be a problem
The bottom line is that this camera offers some of the most excellent features that may even be absent in high-end cameras hence stating why it is mentioned in the list of best vlogging cameras under 300 dollars.
10. Fujifilm XQ1 – Amazing Phase Detection Speed Camera
Don’t let me fool you.
This brand new camera costs around 500 dollars, but the fact is that the used camera provides better value than some brand new cameras as well, that’s why I added it to the list.
So if you want to renew your vlogging equipment, this camera for its price has uncountable worth mentioning features that you will read more about, down below:
Fujifilm XQ1 Camera Features:
The high-quality material used in the making of this camera makes it nice to hold and operate. The XQ1 12MP has a control ring that allows you to operate your camera like an analog camera where you can set your functionality and adjust the settings without having to access the main screen.
- Extremely fast phase detection of 0.06 seconds;
- Incorporation of phase detection into the given sensor;
- Precision in low-light photography while there is noise or motion;
- AF-C mode for tracking the movements of the subject you’re trying to capture – this allows you several chances to get the best picture;
- EXR processor that allows a processing speed of twice as fast as the rest of the existing processors;
- High-Speed Continuous shooting at a speed of approx. 9 frames.
- High -quality material used in the model
- The camera has a control ring
- It features good connectivity
- Offers a high-speed continuous mode for shooting moving subjects
- 06 phase detection
- Value for money
- Battery life is a downer
- No inclusion of charger
- Memory Card reading error can occur
The Fujifilm XQ1 12MP is a pretty decent choice given its price point. It has both pros and cons. If you’re willing to look past the cons, then you’ll really enjoy this mode. Otherwise, there is a plenty of fish in the seal.
So, these were pretty much the best vlogging cameras under $300. However, everyone is unique and has unique needs.
This stands true for vlogging, depending on many factors, including the type of your channel. So, look hard and find the camera that best suits your requirements.
If you need help to choose a camera for vlogging – feel free to contact with us!
Hi! Glad you visit my Blog! My name is Glen Beker and I’m 100% of time Blogger and Video Editor from Germany, but most of my time I do live and work in the United States.
I spend a lot of my time by editing various video blogs (vlogs) and giving editing and vlogging advises to many starting vloggers from all over the World!
If you want to consult with me about vlogging – feel free to contact with me!