TOP 10 Best Vlogging Cameras Under $300
A lot of people, including me, try to save some money and have a dedicated budget for their hobbies – vlogging is included!
It is the reason why I’m writing articles about vlogging cameras for the exact amount of money – this time for your attention TOP 10 best vlogging cameras under $300!
Moreover, I hope that you have already noticed that among all the things a YouTuber can hope to have, a good camera is pretty high on the priority list.
So definitely, I share with you the best vlogging cameras under 300 dollars in the market, which are good enough to create an amazing vlog.
Table of Contents
- TOP 10 Best Vlogging Cameras Under $300
- 1. Canon SX40 HS – Best Vlogging Camera Under $300 with a Flip Screen
- 2. Canon EOS Rebel T3i – Best Used Vlogging Camera Under $300 [Huge Value]
- 3. Sony RX100 – Amazing Design Vlogging Camera for Under $300
- 4. Canon EOS Rebel T5 – Very Good Choice for Starters [Used – Very Good Condition]
- 5. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX300 – User-Friendly Full HD Vlogging Camera Under $300
- 6. Canon VIXIA HF R80 – One of the Best Cheap Camcorders for Vlogging [Under $300]
- 7. Nikon COOLPIX B500 – Good Camera Choice for Home Vloggers
- 8. Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 – Best Vlogging Camera Under $300 for Social Media
- 9. Fujifilm FinePix S9800 – Vintage Design Vlogging Camera with Great Specifications
- 10. Fujifilm XQ1 – Amazing Phase Detection Speed Camera Under $300
TOP 10 Best Vlogging Cameras Under $300
Need to mention:All cameras from this list were tested by vlogtribe.com editors.
|Name||Flip Screen||Mic. Jack||Video Resolution||Check|
Canon EOS Rebel T3i - Editor's Choice
1. Canon SX40 HS – Best Vlogging Camera Under $300 with a Flip Screen
While it doesn’t get nearly the attention it deserves, SX40 is the amazing camera in the photography and videography segment.
However, it delivers good quality for videos as well and could be easily targeted for video blogs. Furthermore, it has a flip screen which is very important for vloggers!
As a result, and to our editors’ minds, this camera is the best for vlogging with the flip screen under $300.
Moreover, if you are interested in flip screen type cameras, I published a very informative article about the best cameras for vlogging with the flip screen. You can read it by clicking here.
The Canon SX40 comes with a plain design built with hard plastic in matte black. The 2.7inch LCD screen is decent, though smaller than many of its competitors. At 1.32 lbs (598 g), the SX40 is easy to carry around for long periods without feeling any strain. The mode dial makes it easy to find the right option quickly.
The SX40 comes with 12MP resolution, which doesn’t sound great but does its job pretty well. By the way, the 35x zoom is amazing, and the camera comes with both optical and digital stabilization.
The image format is JPEG (no RAW), and the video format is MOV. It is capable of shooting 4kx3K pixels pictures and 1920x1080p videos. The sensitivity range stands low, up to ISO 3200. The camera comes with a variety of photo effects, 8-shot burst mode and various focus modes (including auto-focus).
Canon SX40 comes with a Li-ion rechargeable battery, so there is no scope of using AA batteries. The battery backup is up to 370 shots, which can be increased to 400 if you are using only the EVF mode. The battery can’t be charged built-in and require an external charger.
Canon SX40 supports EyeFi, so its memory card has Wi-Fi capabilities. Apart from this, you can connect the camera to any HDTV-enabled display via the mini HDMI port.
Alternatively, you can use the mini USB port for connecting to computers. If the HDTV is CEC-enabled, you can control the playback of images/videos with your remote control.
- The image stabilization is great, which makes it particularly useful for people vlogging outdoors.
- The burst mode is suitable for its price range.
- The image quality is pretty decent and works great if you don’t plan to crop the videos heavily.
- There is no RAW in SX40, which can be a disappointment for some.
- Not enough manual control is provided.
- The design is not particularly ergonomic.
If you are looking for a trusted brand and good vlogging camera in general, then Canon SX40 is one of the best vlogging cameras under $300 with a flip screen.
2. Canon EOS Rebel T3i – Best Used Vlogging Camera Under $300 [Huge Value]
Here’s the amazing camera for YouTube vlogging that you can buy for less than $300 (used, but in superb condition).
Canon EOS Rebel T3i digital camera is pretty much the same as its predecessor T2i, with some tweaks, which are natural for this price.
To be honest, for this price – I love this camera so much!
I have to say that you can’t buy this camera for this price in the brand new condition, but definitely, for under $300 you will get this in a superb condition.
EOS Rebel T3i has a sturdy design that is both compact and light (at 1.26 lbs – 571 g.). It uses a rubber coating to form a grip, which seems cheap but feels right to hold.
The design is ergonomic and easily allows shooting one-handed, something pretty useful for vloggers. The flip-and-twist LCD is usual, though the 3-inch size is pretty decent.
Canon EOS Rebel T3i comes with an effective resolution of 18 MP with CMOS technology. It uses the Digic 4 image processor and sensitivity of ISO 6400 (could be expanded to 12,800). It could record amazing quality Full HD vlogs.
Like previous versions, it has 9-pt autofocus, center cross-type of f2.8. The video shooting features are actually much better, plus it comes with useful modes like Live Mode and Movie Mode. Creative filters are built-in to make videos fancier. As far as audio goes, the camera has Mono with a built-in microphone.
The Rebel T3i uses an LP-E8 battery, the same as the previous model. However, the CIPA has improved and now stands at 470 shots (400 on average).
Canon Rebel T3i allows HDMI output through the mini-HDMI port to any HDTV. It also supports CEC, so you can remotely play the gallery. There is also a 3.5mm stereo mic jack, a combined USB/AV Out port and a wired remote port.
- Autofocus works great even in rapidly changing scenarios
- The image quality is amazing for its price bracket
- The design ensures a steady and easy grip on the camera
- The camera supports Full HD recording
- The frame rate and burst mode are mediocre, which makes it hard to shoot fast scenes like sports and cars
- Live view AF is slow, and so is switching between video and image mode. Live View mode also eats more battery
- It tends to overexpose when shooting in bright sunlight, which then needs to be manually corrected
Rebel T3i can be easily called one of the best used vlogging cameras that you could buy under $300. If you are low on budget and want a camera that does an amazing job. It cannot work in all scenarios but does an amazing job for the most part!
3. Sony RX100 – Amazing Design Vlogging Camera for Under $300
The Cyber-Shot series did exactly that, and RX100 is one excellent example.
The digital camera has an alluring design, but it both beauty and the brains. In both still and video mode, Sony RX100 gives fierce competition to everyone else.
Anyway, you can’t buy this module in the brand new condition, but we have listed it here because you could buy a used one in very good condition.
The design of Sony RX100 truly stands out, making it a valuable vlogging camera for under 300 bucks as far as looks are concerned. Ditching the usual DSLR-type look, RX100 goes for sleek and compact.
With a mere 0.53 lbs (240 g) weight, it is one of the most stylish and comfortable cameras you will find in this segment. Despite the sleek and lightweight design, the camera has excellent build material and a 3-inch LCD screen that gives you a good view.
The buttons are placed ergonomically to use even one-handed. The 3.6x optical zoom lens is built-in to the camera.
The RX100 has an image resolution of 20 MP, aided by Exmor CMOS sensors. The sensitivity can be expanded up to an impressive ISO 25,600 and even lower senility till ISO 80 – burst shot supports 10 stills and moving images are shot at 30 fps.
The video supports Full HD 1080p and The lens offers 36x zoom. Other features include temperature tolerance, 12M color dots on the LCD screen, video recording with manual control/dual record and Steady-Shot image stabilization.
The camera employs a Lithium-Ion NP-BX1 battery that has a decent battery life of 330 shots, which is not bad but less than most of its competitors.
The camera supports Eye-Fi connectivity, as well as Micro HDMI and USB 2.0. However, there is no remote, microphone or headphone port.
- The image quality is excellent, so is the performance on high ISOs.
- The feature menu is heavily customizable, allows favorite features to be more easily accessible.
- The additional features are great and add to the shooting experience.
- USB-charging and fast-charging aids in traveling
- The RAW format doesn’t support many features available in JPEG format like Clear Zoom and Picture Effects.
- The LCD screen becomes hard to see in bright sunlight.
If you are someone who got bored of the usual camera designs and wanted something stylish yet powerful, Sony RX100 seems like a great choice and arguably one of the best vlogging cameras under $300 that you would find. However, it is also one of the most expensive ones in this list, so go ahead at your discretion or opt for a used model.
4. Canon EOS Rebel T5 – Very Good Choice for Starters [Used – Very Good Condition]
Our readers could think that we are sharing only used cameras for vlogging, but the truth is if you could buy a similar camera to Canon EOS Rebel T5 for less than $300 even in a used condition – it is a pure steal. In other words, there are way worse brand new vlogging cameras for under $300 than our listed selections.
EOS Rebel T5 by Canon isn’t the most amazing of cameras, but let me remind you that we are reviewing vlogging cameras under 300 dollars, so it definitely holds enough power to get you started or even renew your vlogging equipment!
Moreover, the entry-level DSLR gives decent quality images and videos without straining your pocket.
Canon EOS Rebel T5 has a design that’s pretty much the same as other cameras in this segment. At 3.45 lbs (1.5 kg), it is actually heavier than the competitors. Despite having an uninspiring look, it is easy to carry around.
The overall design is aimed to be held comfortably and used with a single hand, including slight changes in the layout of buttons. The 3-inch LCD screen is good to go.
The Rebel T5 comes with an interchangeable lens and an effective resolution of 18 MP. There is a built-in optical viewfinder with 95% coverage.
The video supports 1080p recording, so shooting HD videos for your YouTube channel won’t be a hassle. The ISO range is between 100-6400.
Rebel T5 comes with a removable Lithium-Ion battery, the LP-E10 model. While the CIMO rating of 600 looks impressive, it is for a normal mode with no flash. Using Live Views reduces battery life to 190 shots.
Like most other cameras, Rebel T5 supports HDTV via its HDMI output port. It also has a USB port and Hot Shoe connectivity.
- The trademark Canon image style gives good stills, even better than some more advanced cameras.
- The videos are high quality, shooting at 1080p.
- The overall budget makes it a desirable choice for newbies.
- It doesn’t handle high ISOs likes 12,800 well.
- There is no image stabilization.
- The technology seems outdated compared to other cameras.
If you want to polish your skills in shooting stills and videos without investing much, then Rebel T5 seems like one of the best vlogging cameras under $300 in the market, especially for starting vloggers!
5. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX300 – User-Friendly Full HD Vlogging Camera Under $300
For 300 dollars most likely you could buy currently used Sony Cyber-Shot camera, but I strongly recommend to choose the used Sony DSC HX300 camera than a cheaper brand new camera – besides that, most of the used cameras are in superb condition.
Read along to discover this spectacular alternative.
Sony Cyber-Shot HX300 comes with a size dimension of 7.3 x 5.9 x 5.5 with an additional 3-inch Fine LCD for viewing purposes. Although it is built of composite, however, it delivers a solid and premium design.
It also features a good texture for a better grip that makes the camera more operational and user-friendly. In the same way, it is overall light in weight with a stylish design which will make do give the price point.
Sony Cyber-Shot HX300 offers some of the most cutting-edge camera specs offered in today’s market. Moreover, given the fact that this camera finds its spot in the best vlogging cameras under $300 list, these specs are pretty astounding.
So, starting from the panorama mode, it offers a 360° sweep function. It captures the panorama effortlessly even when the subjects are in motion. Next, it has a perfect inbuilt effect that will make the focal point of your pictures stand out just like an oil painting.
With it enhanced superior auto, you will be able to capture snaps with a dynamic movement. It also has a super zoom of 50x that will ensure clarity to the tiniest of specs. You can capture movies at a whopping HD 1080/60p video quality.
The Sony Cyber-Shot HX300 features a 1 Lithium-ion battery which comes inbuilt. It offers support for long hours of shooting. You can use the battery to last you for about 5-6 hours which qualifies for decent battery life.
The body of this camera has a placement for USB port and charging point. However, it doesn’t have the standard Wi-Fi or GPS option which can be a downside.
- Super 50x zoom
- Great battery life
- 3-inch LCD
- Excellent in low-light as well
- Light-weight model
- Great auto-focus
- Camera charger not available
- Slow camera recovery after clicking
- Saving in RAW format is not available
If you’re on a budget but have dreams to be a famous vlogger, then this will be an amazing option for you. All in all, this camera is worth for the value you will be paying.
6. Canon VIXIA HF R80 – One of the Best Cheap Camcorders for Vlogging [Under $300]
It surprisingly outshines them all in many areas and also the price is amazing, especially if you are just the starting vlogger – especially for less than $300.
Canon isn’t even the desire for the brand name, it has the capability of punching far above its stature.
The design is uncannily similar to the camcorders that are fast disappearing, but way better (according to the size and comfortability). if you don’t like these devices, this camcorder will make you like them again. The build material is sturdy and provides a firm grip.
It comes with a 3-inch screen with a 270-degree rotation; however, it is capacitive, which is a letdown. The camera also comes with a separate Wide-Angle Lens, which makes taking pictures many times better. Even further, it has a separate mount for a stereo microphone, making it even better for vloggers.
The Canon VIXIA HF R80 comes with many features. The camera itself has a 3.28 MP Full HD CMOS image sensor and 57x advanced zoom and superior range OIS. Moreover, videos are shot at Full HD quality and 60 FPS.
There are more amazing features like live streaming, Zoom framing assist, File lock function or highlight priority mode that helps to prevent loss of detail in high brightness areas.
The Camcorder powered by a high capacity battery pack called BP-727. The rechargeable lithium batteries, lets you shoot for a long period of time!
Unlike most other popular options on this list, Canon camcorder comes with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, NFC support and even you can connect it to the Canon Camera Connect App on your smartphone and manage the camera remotely. It also supports HDTV via HDMI port.
- The camera supports Full HD video quality
- Mounted microphones give superior audio quality
- Fully compatible with a tripod stand
- Wi-Fi connectivity makes content sharing easy
- Amazing design for a camcorder
- All in all the design resembles camcorders, which might be an issue for some people
If you can ignore that you don't like camcorders, The Canon VIXIA HF R80 camcorder is one of the best vlogging cameras under $300 undoubtedly. The host of features alone makes it a great choice.
7. Nikon COOLPIX B500 – Good Camera Choice for Home Vloggers
It has made its way to the list of best vlogging cameras under 300 dollars owing to its spectacular features that can put any high-end camera to shame at some points.
Read further to know more about its specifications:
Nikon COOLPIX B500 is a little bit bulky camera that will not fit in the tiniest of compartments on the go, but it is a great device to vlog from the home studio. It has a sturdy and sleek body with 4.47 x 3.08 x 3.74 inches in dimension.
This camera is a hub of amazing specs like the ability to capture a highly detailed oriented 1080p HD movie. It has a 40x optical zoom lens and 80x Dynamic zoom which will pristinely capture to those little details while the inbuilt 16-megapixel sensor will capture stellar pictures.
There is another amazing feature for vloggers – 4-Axis Hybrid Vibration Reduction that helps to shot steady videos. Also you could transform regular video by using Superlapse Movie feature into a thrilling fast-motion sequence.
This camera operates on a really good battery support that will easily last you an entire day of filming and shooting. You don’t even have to worry about closing the camera to save the battery as it innately goes inactive.
Connectivity wise this camera is brilliant as it supports built-in Wi-Fi and NFC. By using dedicated app for this camera “Snapbridge” you could easily controlling your camera remotely.
- Offers Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity
- Decent battery life-time
- Full HD video recording
- It has Superlapse Movie feature
- A little bit bulky
For novice users who need to create an amazing video blog from the home, this camera offers everything you need.
8. Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 – Best Vlogging Camera Under $300 for Social Media
It has a sleek body, stellar modes and an array of features that make connectivity and sharing of images a piece of cake.
I would say that this camera is a perfect choice for you if you are creating content on Instagram by using IGTV or you are a social media influencer.
The Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 is a smart camera with a 4.8″ HD pristine Display. It offers a smartphone like the mega screen for clear and picturesque previews of the images.
The camera features dimensions of 2.8 x 5.22 x .76 and weighs 0.62 pounds. The model comes in a gorgeous metallic silver color with a sleek and lightweight design. Need to mention that the entire model is loaded with features and the package comes with the lithium-ion battery, power adapter, USB cable, and a start-up guide.
The Galaxy Camera 2 is heavily loaded with features:
- 21x zoom function along with an inbuilt Zoom option that lets you zoom using a pinch like motion with two fingers;
- It offers a smart button mode that can allow you to make use of a variety of shoot modes;
- The action freeze mode in this camera is great for capturing an event with a lot of movement and noise;
- The drama shot is also present here that allows you to merge a series of continuing shots.
Some of the other spectacular features include a light trace mode for night photography, a photobeam function to share images in one touch and much more.
This camera uses lithium-ion EA-BP2000 for batteries which are included in the model. These batteries feature an enhanced battery performance thanks to them being 2000mAh.
The Galaxy Camera 2 offers Wi-Fi connectivity with Android Jellybean which is the 4.3 version. This inclusion allows the camera to access several sharing apps.
It has some really smart features like:
- Photo beam;
- Social media direct uploading;
- Access to e-mail;
- Direct or mobile link;
- Auto-back to the PC;
- Remote viewfinder and as well as all share.[/su_tab][/su_tabs]
- High Connectivity & Sharing options
- 21x zoom function
- Several shoot modes
- Sleek body and light-weight design
- Enhanced battery life
- Comes with power adapter and USB cable
- Features Android 4.3
- The screen can be hard to view under sun glare
- The model can malfunction sometimes
This camera is an excellent option and alternative to a bulky DSLR. It will take good quality images even on an auto mode. So, for novice and amateur photographer and vlogger who is active on social networks - this offers a great deal.
9. Fujifilm FinePix S9800 – Vintage Design Vlogging Camera with Great Specifications
Fujifilm FinePix S9800 secures its spot in the vlogging cameras under $300 list with its excellent features like the vast range of aperture to facilitate in capturing any snap regardless of the distance and some more efficient features.
I would recommend reading along to find out more:
Moreover, I have to mention again that most of these model cameras are already used, but in superb condition as well.
Fujifilm FinePix S9800 is a digital camera with a weight of 1.4 pounds (635 g) with dimensions of 4.8 x 4.6 x 3.4 inches. It features the conventional design of vintage cameras along with the lens extenders present in DSLR. The camera has quite a sturdy design which is hefty to hold and may appear a little heavier than expected.
Some of the noteworthy specs of Fujifilm FinePix S9800 include:
- The zoom range of F19, making the model incredibly efficient for both beginners as well as experts;
- It features a lens with an aperture ranging from F2.9 to F6 combined with an aspherical element for a reduced amount of aberration;
- The feature of the wide-angled lens also goes from F2.9 to F8.
Since it is a new launch in the market, it enjoys the processor of a new generation along with BSI-CMOS. This processor employs cutting-edge technology which combines various frames to come with a movie with least noise. On top of this, it has EVF or Electronic View Finder which given the range of under $300 seems excellent. It also has 11 distinct filters for creating unique photo effects.
The Fujifilm FinePix S9800 features Lithium-ion batteries. The downside, however, lies in the fact that these ion batteries are AA batteries which cannot be recharged with a cable. However, the battery life is pretty decent and can last you hours.
This camera comes with a USB cable to help you transfer photos using the USB port. It also has an external storage option. So, all the pictures you click can be effortlessly transferred or can even be uploaded on social media platforms.
- The zoom range of F19
- Aperture range from F2.9 to F6
- Efficient connectivity and transfer
- Comes with a USB cable
- Good enough battery life
- Doesn’t have cable and battery charger
- Size may be a problem
The bottom line is that this camera offers some of the most excellent features that may even be absent in high-end cameras hence stating why it is mentioned in the list of best vlogging cameras under 300 dollars.
10. Fujifilm XQ1 – Amazing Phase Detection Speed Camera Under $300
Don’t let me fool you.
This brand new camera costs around 500 dollars, but the fact is that the used camera provides better value than some brand new cameras as well, that’s why I added it to the list.
So if you want to renew your vlogging equipment, this camera for its price has uncountable worth mentioning features that you will read more about, down below:
The Fujifilm XQ1 12MP comes in two variants of black and silver color with an all-metal design which offers it a premium look and feels. It has a smart upper control deck. While the option in the silver color is completely anodized, the black option has a crepe touch to it, offering it a somewhat better grip.
The high-quality material used in the making of this camera makes it nice to hold and operate. The XQ1 12MP has a control ring that allows you to operate your camera like an analog camera where you can set your functionality and adjust the settings without having to access the main screen.
The specs of this camera include:
- Extremely fast phase-detection of 0.06 seconds;
- Incorporation of phase-detection into the given sensor;
- Precision in low-light photography while there is noise or motion;
- AF-C mode for tracking the movements of the subject you’re trying to capture – this allows you several chances to get the best picture;
- EXR processor that allows a processing speed of twice as fast as the rest of the existing processors;
- High-Speed Continuous Shooting at a speed of approx. 9 frames.
The Fujifilm XQ1 uses Lithium-ion batteries which are present in the model. However, in all honesty, the battery life could definitely be improved upon. It doesn’t come with a charger, so you will have to make do with any external charger you can buy.
Connectivity-wise the Fujifilm XQ1 is pretty good as you can effortlessly transfer onto your gadgets by installing the FUJIFILM app. Using the same app will allow you to upload images onto your social media platforms and share it amongst your social circle.
- High -quality material used in the model
- The camera has a control ring
- It features good connectivity
- Offers a high-speed continuous mode for shooting moving subjects
- 06 phase detection
- Value for money
- Battery life is a downer
- No inclusion of charger
- Memory Card reading error can occur
The Fujifilm XQ1 12MP is a pretty decent choice given its price point. It has both pros and cons. If you’re willing to look past the cons, then you’ll really enjoy this mode. Otherwise, there is a plenty of fish in the seal.
So, these were pretty much the best vlogging cameras under $300. However, everyone is unique and has unique needs.
Based on my personal experience I could say that if you are looking for a best vlogging camera under $300 you can’t miss used cameras. Most of them are in a brand new condition and by using them, you will be able to create amazing YouTube videos.
So, look hard and find the camera that best suits your requirements.
If you need help to choose a camera for vlogging – feel free to contact with us!