Joe Rogan’s Podcast Setup and Equipment [14 Items List]
Are you curious to find out how does Joe Rogan podcast setup and equipment look like?
Based on Joe Rogan Experience podcasts, we will give you a full list of the equipment that he has been using for filming high-quality podcasts.
However, not all of the Joe Rogan equipment is suitable for beginners, as it is all professional-level and could be too expensive.
Anyway, every podcaster can have a customized setup according to the needs. Therefore, it’s still interesting to take a sneak peek, who knows, maybe you will find the missing part for your podcasts?
Table of Contents
- About Joe Rogan Podcasts
- Joe Rogan’sfjo Podcast Equipment and Setup
- Microphones that Joe Rogan Uses for his Podcasts
- Microphone Arms that Joe Rogan Uses
- What Type of Headphones Joe Rogan Uses for his Podcasts?
- Headphone Amplifier That Joe Rogan Uses
- Joe Rogan’s Experience Podcasts Mixer
- Joe Rogan’s Experience Audio Interface
- Portable Digital Recorder for Podcasts
- Camera That Joe Rogan Uses to Record a Podcast
- Computer that Joe Rogan Uses for Podcasting
- Ergonomic Chair that Joe Rogan Uses for Podcasts
About Joe Rogan Podcasts
If you haven’t heard Joe Rogan Experience podcasts, then you are probably living under a rock.
Joe Rogan is an American comedian, actor, sports commentator, and television host. He started his podcasting career back in 2003 along with comedian Brian Redban.
The Joe Rogan Experience is a free audio and video podcast that was launched on December 24, 2009. Now, it is known as one of the most popular podcasts in the world. It receives millions of views per podcast and includes a large number of guests, including celebrities.
As of January 10th, 2020, there are 1408 podcasts in total. That is a huge number!
Joe Rogan’sfjo Podcast Equipment and Setup
When you watch Joe Rogan’s podcast, he makes it look so easy, right?
First of all, he is a very good listener. Some people might think that in podcasts all you need to do is to ask questions. Not at all – it is not that simple.
Besides, Joe has a great background in working as a comedian and various clubs. This gives him a big bonus and opportunities to grow as an excellent podcast host.
Here’s the deal:
If you want to film your similar visual and audio quality podcasts like Joe Rogan Experience we would recommend starting with the required equipment for podcasting. As a result, this article might help you!
Here is a list of Joe Rogan equipment that he is using to film podcasts.
Microphones that Joe Rogan Uses for his Podcasts
If you want to be a successful podcaster, the sound quality should be more than great, right?
Needless to say that for podcasting a microphone is the most important piece in your equipment kit. If you are looking for information about what microphone does Joe Rogan use, stay with this article.
Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Microphone – Amazing Quality Microphone for Podcasts
The sound comes up nice and clear, the frequency response is wide-range and flat.
On the other hand, sometimes you can hear Joe saying to guests to keep the microphones closer to their faces.
You might be wondering why?
The Shure SM7B microphone is used to record only a few inches away, this is why you need to remember keeping it close. Due to the low output level, you might be needing a mixer or preamp to use with this microphone.
Main reasons why this is the perfect microphone for podcasts:
- The microphone has a wide-range and flat frequency response, which makes it the perfect microphone for podcasts and even vocal recordings.
- The pop filter is a perfect feature for eliminating all the additional sounds that can ruin the quality of a podcast. For example, breathing sounds or background sounds.
- The microphone has perfect control thanks to the yoke mounting with stand nut.
BLUE Condenser Microphone – Excellent for Beginners
In episode 854 with Louie Simmons, Joe Rogan used the Blue Yeti USB microphone. This is the world’s 1st USB microphone according to a lot of reviews.
Did you know that you don’t need any additional equipment besides a computer for this microphone? Exactly because this microphone has a built-in preamp and an analog-to-digital converter.
The Blue Yeti USB microphone is extremely popular with beginner podcasters and one of the best mics for vloggers also.
Besides, it is a great tool for an office or a recording studio. This microphone has a rich, natural, and well-rounded sound recording. It comes with a jack for headphones, volume control, and microphone gain control.
Want to know the best part?
The Blue Yeti microphone is that it has 4 polar pattern modes: stereo, cardioid, omnidirectional, and bidirectional.
|Blue Yeti USB Mic for Recording & Streaming on PC and Mac, 3 Condenser Capsules, 4 Pickup Patterns,...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Why you should consider this as the one of best microphone for beginner podcasters:
- The microphone has 4 pattern modes (bidirectional, cardioid, omnidirectional, and stereo) which is great for a price that you are paying. Besides, it means that you can film podcasts with one person or an entire group – the sound will remain great.
- The USB connection provides easy and fast connectivity with your computer. MAC and Windows compatible. As a beginner, it can be difficult to set up your microphone and record a great podcast. However, with the Blue Yeti USB microphone, you can forget the connection stress.
Blue Raspberry Premium Mobile USB Microphone – Small and Portable Microphone for Podcasting
Compared to the Blue Yeti microphone that we talked about before, the Blue Raspberry is smaller and about $50 more expensive. Though the sound quality is not as impressive as the Yeti microphone.
The Blue Raspberry microphone has a USB connection, so you can connect it to your computer or any other smart device. However, this microphone is not suitable if you are going to do a podcast with a group of people.
The Blue Raspberry is a cardioid microphone which means that it only picks the sound that is coming from the front and blocks the background sounds.
The key features of the Blue Raspberry Premium microphone:
- The microphone has a premium mic capsule that delivers optimal sound quality wherever you go.
- Like most microphones, the Blue Raspberry mic has an integrated stand. It helps to minimize contact with your desktop and eliminates handling noise and vibrations.
- A small and portable microphone which makes it suitable if you are a constantly traveling podcaster.
back to menu ↑
Microphone Arms that Joe Rogan Uses
As you can see, there are multiple microphone options that you can choose from. Also, if you want to sound like a professional, you might need to purchase a microphone arm. It is a required item for podcasting regarding the comfort for you and your guests.
In general, the microphone hand makes the podcast setup look more professional. Also, it is more comfortable to speak when the microphone is placed at your eye-level. By using the microphone arm, you can simply adjust the position of your microphone and place it close to your mouth.
Let’s find out what type of microphone arm Joe has been using.
Yellowtec Mika Microphone Hand – Professional Microphone Arm
The Yellowtec Mika standard microphone arm has been used in many radio stations and professional recording studios. According to its popularity, the price tag is way bigger than a usual microphone arm’s.
For durability, the Yellowtec Mika microphone arm is made out of aluminum tube material with hidden cables for the microphone. You can hide all the messy cables of your microphone and make your podcast setup look nice and clean.
There are 4 different mounting options: table clamp, pole mount, and flush to the surface.
Why this is a great microphone arm for podcasting?
- The microphone arm is made out of sturdy and durable aluminum material. It is strong and lightweight.
- Yellowtec Mika’s microphone arm is used by professional podcasters in recording studios and radio stations.
Here’s the deal:
InnoGear Microphone Arm – Budget-Friendly Microphone Arm
Despite the fact that this Arm is not in Joe Rogan Equipment list, but it is definitely a great alternative to Yellowtec Mika Microphone hand.
If you are a beginner, this is the best piece of equipment for your podcast set up. You are getting a high-quality item for a price lower than $100.
The InnoGear microphone arm can hold an item up to 3.5 pounds (1.5 kg), so it works perfectly with bigger and heavier microphones.
There are velcro straps to hold the wires all across the arm. This ensures that there are no messy cables that interrupt the podcast set up. Furthermore, the InnoGear microphone arm is made out of strong and sturdy aluminum material.
|InnoGear Microphone Arm Stand, Heavy Duty Mic Arm Microphone Stand Suspension Scissor Boom Stands...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Why this is a great budget microphone arm:
- The InnoGear microphone arm is made from strong material. This ensures longer usage and guarantees that you will not break it after the first try.
- Suitable for beginners who are looking for a great microphone arm but want to stay on the budget. Great performance for the price.
- It has a few velcro straps that easily hold up all the wires and cables from the attached microphone.
back to menu ↑
What Type of Headphones Joe Rogan Uses for his Podcasts?
To ensure that your podcast recording is nice and clear, you should use headphones. They help you to avoid all the background sounds and clearly hear yourself and your guests. If there is any issue during podcasting, you can hear it straight away and adjust the settings.
Check out the headphones that Joe Rogan is using for his podcast and maybe you will want to try some of them out.
Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphone – Professional and Budget-Friendly Headphones
Joe Rogan and many more popular podcasters are using the Sennheiser HD280PRO headphones. Despite the fact that many famous creators are using these, the price is amazing and it is a great choice for lower budget creators.
They are the closed-back and over-the-ear type of headphones which are used for holding audio leaks. The only downside is that these headphones are not noise-canceling.
Don’t worry if you need to wear these headphones for longer podcast recordings. The HD280PRO headphones are lightweight and have padded ear cups. They feel very comfortable!
Why do you need to have these headphones:
- The Sennheiser HD280PRO headphones have ear padding and are comfortable to wear for a longer podcast recording.
- These headphones are great if you are looking for high-quality but still want to stay on a budget. Great performance on the price tag.
- Clear and crisp audio.
More detailed review about Joe Rogan’s headphones you could read here.
back to menu ↑
Headphone Amplifier That Joe Rogan Uses
This device allows you to use multiple headphones at the same time and separately adjust the settings for each.
There’s usually one main input cable that is connected to the headphones output from the mixer. However, Behringer POWERPLAY HA8000 has two main inputs and 8 headphone amplifier sections that control the volume.
If you don’t need that many sections for headphones, Behringer offers smaller versions for four or six channels.
|BEHRINGER 8-Channel High-Power Headphones Mixing and Distribution Amplifier, Silver & Black,...||CHECK THE PRICE|
A few great BEHRINGER amplifier features:
- The Behringer headphone amplifier offers 8 sections in one rack space. This allows you to use 8 headphones at the same time and adjust each of them separately.
- Two main stereo inputs for different mixes.
back to menu ↑
Joe Rogan’s Experience Podcasts Mixer
However, a mixer is not a necessary tool if you are starting to podcast.
Anyway, if you want to upgrade your set up and increase the quality of the sound, you can try the Behringer XENYX X1222USB mixer.
It provides a lot of audio control. Also, it allows you to mix different inputs in a single recording.
You can control your microphones, headphones, and adjust the sound quality within a few clicks. Having a good mixer allows you to podcast like a professional in a radio show.
The X1222USB mixer has 4 stereo inputs, 6 microphone inputs, 4 microphone preamps, and compressors. Each channel has a gain control, aux sends, mute button, fader, pan control, and even 3-band equalizer.
|Behringer Xenyx X1222USB Premium 16-Input 2/2-Bus Mixer with USB/Audio Interface||CHECK THE PRICE|
Here are some of the main features for this mixer:
- The mixer has premium ultra-low noise which makes it a high headroom analog.
- The Behringer XENYX X1222USB mixer has 4 stereo inputs, 6 microphone inputs, 4 microphone preamps, and compressors.
back to menu ↑
Joe Rogan’s Experience Audio Interface
However, if you want to build a setup like Joe Rogan’s, you might need to check out the Universal Audio Apollo FireWire Audio Interface.
I have to mention that is an expensive piece of equipment. Besides, it can be difficult to figure out how to use it if you are a beginner.
If you still want to buy it, here’s what it can do:
The Universal Audio Apollo FireWire Audio Interface can receive XLR inputs from the mixer’s main out. Also, you can connect to the Apple iMac to record the podcast.
Furthermore, the Apollo FireWire has quad-core processors, as a result, you can reduce the CPU load using them and many more benefits.
Features that make Universal Audio Apollo FireWire Audio Interface a great tool for podcasting:
- Next-generation Apollo conversion can be used for professional audio and music recording.
- The interface has a unison technology that is used for deep integration with UAD preamp.
back to menu ↑
Portable Digital Recorder for Podcasts
Here’s the best part:
You can use it as the main recording device or record a backup podcast in case your computer crashes and you lose your recording.
Specifically, the TASCAM DR-100 Portable Digital Recorder can accept XLR microphone and 3.5mm line inputs from the mixer. You can use lithium-ion batteries or just plug in the device.
- There are 2 sets of microphones: cardioid and omnidirectional pickup.
- Dual battery system which offers hours of recording.
back to menu ↑
Camera That Joe Rogan Uses to Record a Podcast
Needless to say that, the main equipment for podcast recording should be microphones.
However, you can record your podcast as a video and publish it on the internet. As a matter of fact, if you will publish your podcasts video to YouTube it will boost your channel and views drastically.
For that, you will need a great camera to record a podcast. Let’s check out what camera does Joe Rogan uses for his podcasts.
It can help you switch between different cameras while recording the podcast easily. Also, you can connect additional external video sources like a computer or a laptop. This allows you to see your video recording on the screen and adjust the settings, display articles, photos, or any other information on the podcast.
Besides, you can create custom graphic designs and effects on the screen. If you are going to combine a great monitor and TriCaster 4 Control Surface you will get a great video recording system.
Why you should get NewTek TriCaster 4 video production system:
- It has lighting and backlighting for easier and clear visibility of the activity.
- NewTek TriCaster 4 has premium quality controls that allow you to handle real-time video operations.
Canon VIXIA Full HD Camcorder – Perfect Camera for Recording a Podcast
Connected with TriCaster, you can record from different angles and capture a Full HD video. To ensure that the person who is being filmed is in the frame, you can flip the camera’s screen easily.
The G40 camcorder can be recorded in a full 1080p HD, has a great low-lighting performance, and offers a 20x zoom lens.
Main features of the Canon G40 Full HD Camcorder:
- It has a great CMOS Pro image sensor that offers great low-light performance.
- Full 1080p HD video recording with sharp and clear video details.
- 20x optical zoom lens.
If you are looking for more cameras that are suitable for podcasting check this list:back to menu ↑
Computer that Joe Rogan Uses for Podcasting
Here’s the deal:
You don’t need to have a massive budget for a brand new computer if you want to record a great podcast. Most of the time your current computer will fit the lowest requirements easily. Be careful about wasting your money.
Anyway, computers are mostly used for checking the sound quality during the podcasts and after all for video editing if you do it by yourself.
Pay the attention to the software requirements that you are going to use for editing and compare these with your computer. If the requirements meet the minimum criteria – don’t waste your money.
On the other hand, if you want to update your old computer, here’s the answer what computer does Joe Rogan use for podcasts:
Apple iMac “27 Computer – Great Computer for Podcasts and Video Editing
The 27-inch Apple iMac desktop computer is great for podcasting production as it is a powerful and speedy PC.
It has a great retina display with sharp and clear detailing, strong enough to host any type of software (Retina 5k display, 3.1GHz 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, 1TB).
Main features of the computer:
- Apple’s iMac has a 27-inch Retina 5K display that offers high-quality images and videos with sharp details.
- 8th generation dual-core Intel Core i5 digital processor.
back to menu ↑
Ergonomic Chair that Joe Rogan Uses for Podcasts
Capisco Ergonomic Office Chair with Saddle Seat – Amazing Chair for Podcast Studio [Super Comfortable]
It might seem that this item is the last piece of equipment that you need to get. That is to say – a good chair is essential for a podcast studio. Imagine that you will be sitting for hours and talking, so you want to sit comfortably.
If you check out Joe Rogan’s podcast studio, you will see that he is using the Hag Capisco Chairs. These chairs are award-winning and the most ergonomic chairs. Moreover, with the Capisco chairs, you can sit forward, backward, or sideways.
The chairs have a contoured saddle to provide a perfect sitting posture. It might seem that you can buy the usual chair, but your back will be thanking you if you invest in the chair’s quality.
|Capisco Ergonomic Office Chair with Saddle Seat (Puls Plus, Black with Black Base)||CHECK THE PRICE|
Rag Capisco Chair features:
- Award-winning design that allows the maximum healthy sitting position.
- Fully adjustable.
- The saddle seat is ergonomically designed to provide a perfect sitting posture and leaves no back pain.
back to menu ↑
As you can see, Joe Rogan’s podcast setup has a lot of things. This type of equipment is for very professional podcasters and if you are thinking that now you have to buy them all, good news – you don’t.
If you want to start podcasting, you can only buy a good microphone, basic microphone arm, film it with your usual camera and upload it using a computer that you have.
After a while, you can start to upgrade your podcasting setup and provide higher quality. However, if you were looking for the information about why Joe Rogan’s podcast quality is so great, well, now you know (at least from an equipment side). Maybe you have already found some great tools to help you with your podcasts from this list.