How to Download YouTube Videos Without Software? TOP 3 Methods
Ever thought that it would be great to watch YouTube videos without the internet? For example, while traveling on the plane or train, where you can’t get access to the internet. It is not so hard to do it if you know how to download YouTube videos without software.
Besides, by downloading YouTube videos, you can save a lot of mobile data as it takes a lot if you are watching a long video. Simply download it using a Wi-Fi connection and enjoy it without worrying about your data allowance.
The question is, do you need software to get a video from YouTube? The answer is not necessary!
There are 3 ways that you can download YouTube videos without using any type of software.
Table of Contents
TOP 3 Methods to Download YouTube Videos without Software
1. SS Method
You don’t need to install any kind of software on your computer if you want to use the “SS” method. This trick works on any type of device: mobile phones, laptops, any kind of computer software. It also works on any kind of web browser.
The SS method is also great if you want to convert YouTube videos to MP3 format. However, you can’t download videos that are restricted on YouTube.
Here are the main steps and guidelines that will teach you to download videos from YouTube using the “SS” method.
- Go to any type of browser and search for a video that you want to get on YouTube.
- Click on the video and pause it.
- Now you need to go to the video URL and type in “SS” before “youtube.com…” and click enter.
- After this action, you will be guided to a page where you will download the video. The page is known as Save From.
- The page will show you all the information about the video.
- On the right of the Download button, you will see a drop-down menu.
- Click on the drop-down menu button and select the format that you want your video to be (MP3, MP4, etc.)
As you can see, this method is very simple and easy. After you are done, you should find that your video has been downloaded in your specified format.
2. Third-Party Websites
There are a lot of different third part converters to download your selected video to your device.
We have already reviewed the TOP 12 best and most popular YouTube to MP3 converters. If you were searching for information like this, highly recommended to check it!
Clip Converter – a free online application that converts YouTube videos to any type of files like MP3, MP4, AVI, MPG, WMA, etc.
You can download a video from YouTube in HD, 720p, 1080p, or even 4K format. Moreover, this online application allows you to watch YouTube videos where you haven’t got an internet connection (sometimes it happens).
You can simply drag your wanted YouTube video into the conversion page and download it. It also supports browser add-ons for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers.
Here’s how to get your YouTube videos using Clip Converter:
- Simply copy and paste the URL of your desired YouTube video and click “Continue”.
- Now you will need to select the format that you want your video to be.
- Press the “Start” button and the conversion will be starting in no time.
- Allow it to take a few minutes. After the conversion is done, you can simply download the converted file by clicking the “Download” button.
3. Add-ons for Browser
If you constantly want to convert YouTube videos without any additional software, you can get an add-on for your browser.
Let’s see what are the best and the recommended add-on converters for the most popular Chrome and Firefox browsers users!
Video Downloader PRO – Popular Opera, Firefox and Chrome Extension for Downloading Videos
Video Downloader PRO is a very easy-to-use, lightweight and free add-on for popular browsers like Opera, Firefox, Chrome users that helps you to download videos from YouTube very fast.
If you are looking for a fast and hassle-free way to get a video from YouTube, simply install this add-on to your browser. After it is done, you can start downloading videos immediately.
Are you wondering how to do that?
All you need to do is to click the add-on icon and within a few seconds, your video will start downloading. Just need to mention that first, you need to go to your desired YouTube video and then click the icon of the extension.
As you can see, you don’t need to have specific software if you want to convert YouTube videos to your desired format simply.
There are a lot of great options for internet applications and browser extensions. They are simple, free, and fast to use.
Finally, before starting to convert any video from YouTube – don’t forget to get approval from the video author!