How Much Does it Costs to Start YouTube Channel? 💰 [Detailed Answer]
Nowadays, a lot of people from all over the world watch different types of YouTube videos and think about the possibility of being YouTuber and starting their YouTube channel.
Here’s the deal:
The chances that your video goes viral, and you will become popular are pretty good and tempting for a shot.
Moreover, success provides the opportunity for real income. But, there is one barrier; people don’t know how much does it cost to start a YouTube channel and what equipment is required for starters.
Well, approximately, to launch and create a YouTube video channel with all required equipment for the beginner could costs from $300 to a maximum $500.
But I offer to you read this article till the end, because you will learn:
- A small introduction about the YouTube industry.
- Why do people decide to create Youtube videos?
- Devices and Equipment needed to start a YouTube channel.
- How much does it cost to create and launch a Youtube channel in general?
Table of Contents
YouTube is the most popular platform where you can see a lot of type of videos or share your ones every single day.
There are millions of users from all around the world that are uploading videos to this website daily. Every minute of each day, there are more than 300 hours of videos that are uploaded on YouTube.
YouTube as a platform and the website was created back in 2005. It has become very popular among the users, and people have started to upload various types of videos, like song clips, jokes, courses, tutorials, or even brands to promote their products.
Besides, people started to make a full-time income from YouTube videos, vlogs, have become influencers of many different types of niches.
Why Do People Decide to Create YouTube videos?
If you are interested in creating a YouTube channel, here are some facts about why people are making content on Youtube:
- The audience is growing fast. It is estimated that by 2021 there will be 82% of traffic just from the videos on the search console. If you are a new brand, think about promoting yourself with YouTube videos.
- The size of the audience. There are over 1.57 billion Youtube accounts that are active at the moment. With your first video, there is no guarantee that you will reach this amount of views, but if you keep going and create fantastic content, you will definitely get some views.
- Easy production. Everyone thinks that making YouTube videos is really a complicated process. Yes, you may have to think about creating content, completing challenges and also have some editing skills, but you can quickly learn all of this and enjoy being creative and having your own fan base. Here’s the list of 151+ YouTube video ideas for your attention.
- Success. After you gain more subscribers, you can easily promote yourself by providing your vlog links to your other social media platforms, became an influencer and earn a full-time income from ads or even affiliate deals.
Taking everything into account, YouTube has opened the ways to produce and create your own television channel. Furthermore, people are not committed any more to watch continuously what is being shown on television.
Everyone can have their own TV show on YouTube and be a rockstar in a particular niche.
Devices and Equipment Needed to Start a YouTube Channel
Of course, if you trust yourself and have a great personality that doesn’t need any more add-ons, that is absolutely great, and you can get away just using your smartphone to film YouTube videos.
But, most of the time, in the beginning, especially when nobody knows you and if you don’t have enough confidence, you will need some vlogging equipment and skills to start creating YouTube content and interact viewers.
Also, you need to keep in mind, that there are millions of YouTube users and, in the beginning, you need to put a lot of effort and quality in your videos to attract more views.
In other words, you really need to kick yourself at the start.
TOP 4 Basic Equipment You Will Need When Starting a YouTube Channel
- Camera. This is the most crucial device that you will need in order to make great videos. It is evident that you will need a better quality camera in this case. You don’t need to buy the most expensive DSLR in the market as there are many basic cameras that are affordable and suitable for YouTube videos.
- Microphone. The sound is the same important as the video quality. Even if you will provide fantastic cinematic shots in your video but as soon as you will start talking and the audio will sound like crap, you will lose viewers attraction. Most of the time, laptops or cameras don’t have excellent audio quality so you should buy a separate external microphone. Some of them can be attached to the camera, some of them can be placed on the table if you are doing a video in one place. Also, if you are starting, you don’t need to buy the most expensive microphone, there are plenty of great and cheap ones.
- Tripod or a stabilizer. These two items are necessary for your equipment kit if you want to provide high-quality videos. Especially if you are filming on-the-go and your entire video is shaking, you are out of focus and, everything looks blurry. You can find some great tripods on our website. Check the link below.
- Lighting. This is not the most important part of the kit that you must have, but if you have extra cash that is left and you want to invest in the quality, you can buy some ring lights or studio lights. They are not necessary if you are going to be vlogging while you are traveling, but for beauty videos, for example, they are adding extra lighting and quality to the videos.
Average Cost to Create and Launch a YouTube Channel
Let’s say that it doesn’t cost you anything, but you need to invest some money in order to earn even more.
Take it as a business where you need to give if you want to get. The higher the video quality will be, the more views you could get. Also, don’t forget that you need to be unique and know what do you want to give to your audience.
The amount of investment depends on the equipment price. If you are just starting out, don’t buy the most expensive equipment.
First, experiment with different items and if you will be successful you can update your equipment during the growth to provide better and better quality.
Making great YouTube videos can really improve your business marketing or if you are wondering of creating unique content and you have something that you want to tell to the audience, start building your very own YouTube channel.
There are a lot of opportunities to profit from it, find some new friends and become a creator.
Nowadays, it is really popular to start creating online content and improve your confidence by giving something to your viewers. There are a lot of opportunities, so don’t be afraid to take them.
Hi! Glad you visit my Blog! My name is Glen Beker and I’m 100% of time Blogger and Video Editor from Germany, but most of my time I do live and work in the United States.
I spend a lot of my time by editing various video blogs (vlogs) and giving editing and vlogging advises to many starting vloggers from all over the World!
If you want to consult with me about vlogging – feel free to contact with me!