How Much Does it Cost to Start YouTube Channel? [Detailed Answer]
Nowadays, a lot of people from all over the world watch different types of YouTube videos and think about the possibility of being a YouTuber and starting their YouTube channel.
Here’s the deal:
The chances that your video goes viral and you will become popular are pretty good and tempting for a shot.
Moreover, success provides the opportunity for real income. But, there is one barrier, people don’t know how much does it cost to start a YouTube channel and what equipment is required for starters.
To launch and create a YouTube video channel with all required equipment for the beginner, it could cost from $300 to a maximum of $1000.
But I offer to you read this article till the end, because you will learn:
- A small introduction about the YouTube industry.
- Why do people decide to create YouTube videos?
- Devices and Equipment needed to start a YouTube channel.
- How much does it cost to create and launch a YouTube channel in general?
Table of Contents
YouTube is the most popular platform where you can see a lot of types of videos or share your ones every single day.
There are millions of users from all around the world that are uploading videos to this website daily.
It gets better:
Every minute of each day, there are more than 300 hours of videos that are uploaded on YouTube.
YouTube as a platform was created back in 2005 and It has become very popular among users. People have started to upload various types of videos, like song clips, jokes, courses, tutorials, or even brands, to promote their products.
Besides, people started to make a full-time income from YouTube videos, vlogs, have become influencers of many different types of niches.
Why Do People Decide to Create YouTube Videos?
If you are interested in creating a YouTube channel, here are some facts about why people are making content on Youtube:
- The audience is growing fast. It was estimated that by 2021 it will be 82% of traffic just from the videos on the search console (recode.net). It looks like that we get closer to this number.
- The size of the audience. There are over 1.57 billion YouTube accounts that are active at the moment. With your first video, there is no guarantee that you will reach this amount of views, but if you keep going and create fantastic content, you will definitely get some views.
- Easy production. Everyone thinks that making YouTube videos is really a complicated process. Yes, you may have to think about creating viral content, completing challenges, promoting yourself and at the same time make sure that your videos will be edited. Here’s the list for beginners of YouTube video ideas if you would be interested to get new ideas for your channel.
- Success. After you gain more subscribers, you can easily promote yourself by providing your vlog links to your other social media platforms, became an influencer, and earn a full-time income from ads or even affiliate deals.
Taking everything into account, YouTube has opened the ways to produce and create your own television channel.
Furthermore, people are not committed any more to watch continuously what is being shown on television.
Everyone can have their own TV show on YouTube and be a rockstar in a particular niche.
Devices and Equipment Needed to Start a YouTube Channel
Of course, if you trust yourself and have a great personality that doesn’t need any more add-ons, that is absolutely great, and you can get away just using your smartphone to film YouTube videos.
But, most of the time, in the beginning, especially when nobody knows you and if you don’t have enough confidence, you will need some vlogging equipment and skills to start creating YouTube content and interact with viewers.
Also, you need to keep in mind that there are millions of YouTube users and, in the beginning, you need to put a lot of effort and quality into your videos to attract more views.
In other words, you really need to kick yourself at the start.
TOP 4 Basic Equipment You Will Need When Starting a YouTube Channel
- Camera. This is the most crucial device that you will need in order to make great videos.
It is evident that you will need a better quality camera in this case. You don’t need to buy the most expensive DSLR camera in the market as there are many basic cameras that are affordable and suitable for YouTube videos.
- Microphone. The sound is the same important as the video quality.
Even if you provide fantastic cinematic shots in your video, but as soon as you start talking and the audio will sound like crap, you will lose viewers’ attraction.
Most of the time, laptops or cameras don’t have excellent audio quality, so you should buy a separate external microphone.
Some of them can be attached to the camera, some of them can be placed on the table if you are doing a video in one place. Also, if you are starting, you don’t need to buy the most expensive microphone, there are plenty of great and cheap ones.
- Tripod or a stabilizer. These two items are necessary for your equipment kit if you want to provide high-quality videos.
Especially if you are filming on-the-go and your entire video is shaking, you are out of focus and, everything looks blurry.
You can find some great tripods on our website. Check the link below.
- Lighting. This is not the most important part of the kit that you must have, but if you have extra cash that is left and you want to invest in the quality, you can buy some ring lights or studio lights.
They are not necessary if you are going to be vlogging while you are traveling, but for making beauty videos, they are adding extra lighting and quality to the videos.
Average Cost to Create and Launch a YouTube Channel
Let’s say that it doesn’t cost you anything, but you need to invest some money in order to earn even more.
Take it as a business where you need to give if you want to get it. The higher the video quality will be, the more views you could get.
Also, don’t forget that you need to be unique and know what do you want to give to your audience.
The amount of investment depends on the equipment price. If you are just starting, don’t buy the most expensive equipment.
You can invest from $300 to a maximum of $1000 at the beginning.
First, experiment with different items and if you will be successful, you can update your equipment during the growth to provide better and better quality.