TOP 5 Best YouTube Starter Kits in 2021 [For Everyone]
If you have clicked on this article after seeing the title and you want to find out what are the best YouTube starter kits in 2021, you are probably thinking of starting your new career as a YouTuber?
Well, if not – you could upgrade your current vlogging equipment, right?
Anyway, being a YouTuber opens a lot of opportunities; for example, you can travel around the world, try new products or visit new places, meet new people, start networking and even make money from it.
There are so many great reasons why you can start creating content on YouTube, but before doing that, you need to know that you will need to purchase a few items for your start.
First of all, we always recommend if you are a beginner start with a similar type of YouTuber setup:
- A good quality camera;
- Maybe one or two extra lenses;
- A microphone;
- An SD card with a lot of memory;
- Maybe additional accessories like lighting.
Table of Contents
- Why is Starter Kit for YouTube Videos a Great Deal?
- TOP 5 Best YouTube Starter Kits
- 1. Canon EOS M50 Creator Kit – Best YouTube Starter Kit for Beginners
- 2. Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera Kit with STM Lens – Best YouTube Kit for Semi-Professionals
- 3. Panasonic Lumix FZ80 Camera Kit – Best Budget YouTube Starter Kit
- 4. Panasonic LUMIX G85MK 4K Camera Kit – Perfect Kit for Starting Beauty Guru‘s
- 5. Logitech C922x Pro Stream Set For Gamers – Best YouTube Starter Kit for Gamers and Streamers
Why is Starter Kit for YouTube Videos a Great Deal?
Becoming a YouTuber is a great idea for everybody who has a lot of great ideas and wants to share them with the world. Needless to say, it is a great way to earn some extra cash or make this your full-time job.
However, like in all “businesses” first, you need to invest some money if you want to earn it back.
Here’s the deal:
Buying a YouTube starter kit pack and saving a lot of money doesn’t always mean that you might get a low-quality camera or a microphone.
First of all, you need to do a lot of research on what type of camera you want to buy.
Keep in mind:
If you are a starter, so it means that you don’t need to buy the most expensive things when there are cheaper options with decent quality.
Three main items are must-haves in your vlogging kit.
Most of the time, YouTube starter packs are made for the type of channel you want to start.
Mirrorless cameras are named as one of the suitable for vloggers or beauty gurus, and there are action cameras where you can film while you are traveling. Lastly, there are webcams that are most popular among the game streamers.
In general, you do not need to look at the nature of the camera. I would recommend paying more attention to the video, sound quality, comfortability, and an additional bonus is the flip screen.
- External microphone
Yes, you may get a great microphone integrated into your camera, but for better quality, we would recommend having an additional one.
In all of the kits, most of the time, you are getting a microphone that is suitable for the type of the bundle.
There are main 3 types of mics: condenser, shotgun, and lavalier.
The condenser microphones are most suitable if you are planning to film in a studio or without a minimum of movements.
Shotgun and lavalier type of mics are suitable for travel vloggers because they capture the sound of your voice and ignore all additional sounds, so it makes it easy for you to talk to the camera.
We have published the article about TOP 15 Best Microphones for Vlogging if you would be interested to know more.
You may have enough of the light when filming your videos in the daylight, but there is the charm of the starter kits.
You are getting a lighting option in most of the bundles because you still need extra help with the lights to adjust the video quality.
The lights which are included in the starter kits don’t always provide the best quality, but it is sure enough for a newbie.
If you are looking for the best lighting system for YouTube videos, check the article below:
- Tripod or Gimbal
Well, after all, to capture good video or photo quality, we recommend start using a tripod or gimbal.
What to choose depends on the type of content you create:
If you’re mostly filming daily vlogs, then we recommend having a comfortable tripod that’s comfortable to hold and carry around.
If a guy who create more video clips or film other people in their vlogs, then it is better to choose gimbal.
Here’s the kicker:
Buying a YouTube starter kit you can save a lot of money instead of buying everything separately for a first time.
Think about it, you need a great camera, a microphone, a lot of additional accessories, and you even need a software where you will be able to edit your videos. So, you can save up a lot of money and be stress-free if you are going to look out for your simple starter kit.
In this article, you are going to find out the 5 Best Youtube Starter Kits in 2021 and may find out the most suitable for your YouTube channel.
TOP 5 Best YouTube Starter Kits
We are giving you a list of YouTube video creator starter packs which are very useful if you are planning on starting your YouTuber career or want to updated old equipment.All YouTube starter kits this list were reviewed by vlogtribe.com editors.
Best Kit for Starters - Editor's Choice
|Canon EOS M50||-||-||Rode VideoMic Go|
|Rebel T7i||50 Inch Tripod||Flash Light||-|
|PANASONIC LUMIX FZ80||Ritz Gear 12″ Flexi||-||-|
|Lumix G85MK||Ritz Gear 12” Flexi||Polaroid Optics||-|
|Logitech C922x PRO||-||QIAYA Selfie Light Ring Lights||Blue Snowball|
1. Canon EOS M50 Creator Kit – Best YouTube Starter Kit for Beginners
You may wonder why we liked such a simple set so much. The answer is simple if you are a beginner and planning to create video blogs – this camera is an ideal choice; the accessory also comes with a tripod to help maintain the stability of video footage.
The Canon M50 camera delivers excellent image and video quality in all types of situations thanks to the 24.1 megapixel CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 8 image processor.
|Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Video Creator Kit with EF-M 15-45mm Lens, Rode VIDEOMIC GO Microphone, and...||CHECK THE PRICE|
It can provide a clean and clear image without any noise. The sensitivity is also expanded to ISO 25600. Furthermore, it shoots raw images and records full HD videos with a stereo sound.
If you want a higher video quality ever – you could try 4K video resolution as well. 4K ensures you get the same cinematic quality to most movies and TV shows. On top of the incredible video quality, the camera has Lens IS plus digital stabilization, which enables the user to have the run-and-shoot sessions without any shaking.
Besides, the M50 camera is improved in focusing on moving objects, so it is loved by travel vloggers who are always on-the-go. Even in low lighting, you will be able to shoot great images or videos.
Covering 100Hz to 16 kHz frequency, the microphone is mounted via a Rycote Lyre shock mount and doesn’t require you to plug it in. Neither are you required to mess with any microphone controls. Once you attach it to the camera, the microphone starts working.
As a result, in the kit, you will find a Rode VideoMic Go microphone. It is a small shoe-mounted easily to use the microphone that you attach on top of your camera.
Besides, a unique design of a camera screw allows you to adjust and lock the camera in place easily. In general, a tripod is handy if you are filming a steady video, and you want to reduce the shakiness.
Compared to other mirrorless cameras, the M50 has a decent battery life (235 shots) but doesn’t have a USB charger. Therefore, to ensure the battery doesn’t run out mid-session, always fully charge the camera beforehand. Anyway, in this bundle, you will find an additional battery for that purpose.
Here’s the deal:
|Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K Kit. Compact Tripod 3K Stand and Ballhead 3K for Compact Mirrorless...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- The camera is compact and lightweight
- Simple and easy to use, which makes the kit fully suitable for beginners
- Great in low-light shooting
- 4K and has decent stabilization
- The extra battery pack is included in the kit
- The EF-M15-45 mm lens is lightweight and great for video shooting
- No USB cable
2. Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera Kit with STM Lens – Best YouTube Kit for Semi-Professionals
Equipped with incredible accessories, you get to experience a DSLR camera with a CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor. What’s more, the kit has a:
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i Camera
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
- Commander 2.2x Auxiliary Telephoto Lens
- Commander 0.43x Auxiliary Wideangle Lens
- 50″ Camera Tripod
- 2 Pieces SanDisk 32 GB High-Speed SDHC Class 10 Memory Cards
- Ultra-Bright Flash Light
- and more.
|Canon EOS T7i DSLR Camera with 18-55mm IS STM Lens + 2 x 32GB Card + Accessory Kit||CHECK THE PRICE|
One of the best DSLR cameras to use the EOS T7i has a compact design and an easy to handle handgrip. The body is also covered with simple external controls and a Quick Control button that enables you to easily access settings without going into the menu system. Additionally, the camera has a lot of on-screen images that demonstrate what different settings do.
Plus, there is a 45- point viewfinder autofocus system that accurately shoots fast-moving subjects. Keep in mind you have a tripod to keep the camera steady.
Shooting up to six frames per second, the 24- megapixel sensor takes great photos in a variety of lighting conditions. Although the camera does not have 4K, the T7i has a Dual Pixel Autofocus that allows you to make professional videos.
When you look at the battery life, the T7i is rated for 820 shots per charge, but unfortunately, it drops to less than 600 if you use the flash frequently. If you are shooting consistently with Live View rather than the viewfinder, be prepared to go as low as 230 shots.
Though the camera’s sound quality is excellent, the kit doesn’t have an on-camera microphone, but I highly recommend buying one from Rodes brand microphones. It will improve your audio quality even more.
- Lightweight and easy to use the camera
- A perfect and nice colored camera’s LCD screen
- The Rode microphone provides excellent audio quality with no harsh sounds
- Plenty of additional accessories are included in this kit
- Fully suitable for a semi-professional YouTuber
- Great Dual-Pixel autofocus feature
- The battery life could be a bit better compared to the other DSLR cameras
- Small viewfinder
3. Panasonic Lumix FZ80 Camera Kit – Best Budget YouTube Starter Kit
Perfect for traveler vloggers as well, the kit includes:
- Camera: PANASONIC LUMIX FZ80 4K Point and Shoot Camera, 60X (20-1200mm) Power O.I.S. Lens, 18.1 Megapixels
- TWO 32GB High-Speed SD Card U3
- Two additional Batteries
- Premium DSLR Camera Bag
- 8-IN-1 Cleaning Kit For Cameras
- Ritz Gear 12″ Flexi Tripod
- A charger
- and more.
|Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ80 Digital Camera, 32GB SDHC Memory Card, 2 Spare Batteries, DSLR Camera Bag,...||CHECK THE PRICE|
A great camera for any level, the Panasonic Lumix DC- FZ80 features a super long 60 x zoom lens meaning is not a compact camera. Weighing 1.3 lb (616 grams) including the card and battery, the camera has 3- inch touch screen frame which is sensitive to touch. The screen enables you to tap on the camera to set a focus point or just navigate menus as you would a smartphone.
Also, equipped with an eye-level EVF, it will become easier to get a clear sharp zoomed shot since the camera will be raised to your eye. Keep this in mind, there is no eye sensor meaning you have to use a button to manually switch between the EVF and LCD.
Known to shoots video at 4K resolution, the DC- FZ80 produces quite good images although for more optical stability you need to use a tripod to steady the camera. Don’t forget, there is no 24fps option which is a disappointment for anyone who prefers video with a cinematic look. But to be honest, you cant expect to get everything for such a low kit price.
Regarding power, the Lumix DC- FZ280 offers a 330 shot battery life when you are using the LCD monitor and 240 shots when using the electronic viewfinder. Remember, the kit comes with a durable waterproof photo pack that holds the camera, memory cards, and batteries. Note that, the adjustable shoulder strap, belt loop, and carrying handle are convenient options when moving around.
- The camera has a touch LCD
- Fast autofocus
- It has a huge 60 x zoom range
- The image and video editing software is included in the kit
- The kit is not expensive, so it is fully suitable for budget seekers
- Doesn’t have an EVF eye sensor
- There is no 24fps option
4. Panasonic LUMIX G85MK 4K Camera Kit – Perfect Kit for Starting Beauty Guru‘s
This is one of the best vlogging kit for beginner beauty gurus that are planning to start a beauty channel on YouTube.
We have a lot of these, correct?
This kit is entirely suitable for videos and still-shooting. The Panasonic LUMIX G85MK 4K camera has the flexible capabilities of shooting great videos by using its 16 MP sensor.
It is also capable of shooting in any lighting conditions, also provides fast shooting speed, which is up to 10 fps with single-shot autofocus. If you want to reduce the camera shake dramatically, you can do that easily thanks to the 5-axis sensor.
|Panasonic LUMIX G85MK 4K Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera Kit, 12-60mm Lens, Lexar U3 64GB...||CHECK THE PRICE|
The camera is less bulky thank a usual DSLR camera, which is great, because you don’t have to worry about spacing.
Using this high-quality 16MP lens, the camera can easily capture clear, high-resolution still images or full HD 4K videos, which is exceptionally great if you are a beauty guru and you want your camera to pay attention to every makeup detail on your face.
With the ability to shot full HD and 4K videos, you will deliver high-quality makeup tutorials on your YouTube beauty channel.
In addition, you are getting some useful accessories, for example – a tripod. This comes in handy if you are filming a makeup tutorial, and you want your camera to be placed steady and without any shakiness. There are extra batteries, a charger, memory card, which are included as additional accessories in this kit.
- Super great image quality
- ISO performance is incredible
- Autofocus is fast and accurate which is very comfortable when filming
- 4K video quality allows you to film high-quality videos
- The camera is not very bulky compared to the other DSLR
- The kit is one of the best for beauty video makers
- The electronic viewfinder can struggle a little bit when it comes to the low light
- Limited continuous autofocus to 6fps
- The battery life is below average
5. Logitech C922x Pro Stream Set For Gamers – Best YouTube Starter Kit for Gamers and Streamers
This is crazy:
There are a lot of game streamers, and the number of them is still rising very quickly. Why wouldn’t you want to be one?
You are getting to play your favorite games with your friends and stream it. Sometimes you are even able to get some money from it.
But first of all, you need to consider buying a great streaming beginner bundle.
At this moment we haven’t found the right kit in the one place for you, but we recommend buying it separately.
First of all:
The Logitech C922x PRO Stream webcam is one of the best webcams for game streaming. It delivers even 1080p recording with 30fps. What is more important, that the video which this webcam is filming can easily adjust to any type of lighting, also there is a manual focus feature that allows you to be in full control.
The built-in microphone is perfect, but if you are looking for the extra quality, we highly recommend a Snowball ICE from Blue microphone, which is impressive! You can read the full review about this microphone here.
Furthermore, the microphone can be connected to your PC or a laptop via USB cable and allows the sound to flow smoothly without any unnecessary harsh sounds. It can hear every little sound that is coming towards the microphone.
In this bundle, you are also getting the studio headphones to hear your voice even clearer.
|Blue Microphones Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone (Black) with Studio Headphones and Knox Pop...||CHECK THE PRICE|
The last thing:
Besides, if you will need extra lighting, we recommend buying this one. You can mount the light on the adjustable tripod or computer and feel like a pro while streaming on YouTube.
|QIAYA Selfie Light Ring Lights LED Circle Light Cell Phone Laptop Camera Photography Video Lighting...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- The Logitech C922x PRO webcam provides a great quality to stream videos
- The webcam is able to record in any type of lighting
- The manual focus allows you to be in full control of focusing features
- The Snowball ICE microphone delivers excellent additional audio quality for your videos
- All recommended kit items you have to buy separately
There are a lot of the YouTube camera kits to choose from, some of them are even made for professional videographers to ease their life and save their time while doing research.
These reviewed 5 Best Youtube Starter Kits in 2021 are the most suitable for newbies in the YouTube or vlogging industry.
Each of them has a great camera and some additional accessories like a microphone, a tripod which can get really useful for filming a video.
Here’s the best part:
- Like we stated before, purchasing a starter kit that is already made for any type of video creator is a great way to save your money. Since you are purchasing a bundle, which usually includes a camera, microphone, tripod, and lighting items, it is much cheaper than buying all of them separately.
- Secondly, YouYube starter kits usually have everything that you need to start your channel, so you don’t have to worry about it, and you can focus on content ideas and challenges instead.
- Lastly, buying a starter kit easily cuts down your research time, and you don’t have to worry about finding “the right camera for makeup videos” while you can buy a makeup gurus starter kit.
I hope that this article helped you and now you can easily find the best YouTube setup for beginners and start your own channel right now.