Nowadays, most laptops and desktop computers have an HD webcam built in the monitor, but are these suitable for creating videos and streaming sessions?
The question for a lot of YouTubers is, what are the best webcams for YouTube videos, vlogging, and Twitch gaming?
Here’s the deal:
If you are starting a streaming channel, you need better quality than the default webcam on your computer.
There are many webcams to buy separately that give you the quality you want. If you want to learn more about the best webcams for YouTube vlogging and Twitch in 2023 – continue reading.
Table of Contents
- Before Buying a Webcam
- Review Best Webcams for YouTube Videos and Twitch
- 1. Elgato Facecam – Best Webcam for YouTube and Twitch
- 2. Razer Kiyo Pro – Excellent All-Around Webcam For Streamers
- 3. Logitech StreamCam – Optimized Webcam for Streaming on Twitch and YouTube
- 4. Logitech C922x Pro Stream – Great Streaming Webcam
- 5. Logitech BRIO – Premium Webcam with 4K Video Quality
- 6. Logitech C920S – TOP Webcam for Under $70
- 7. Dell UltraSharp WB7022 – Superior Streaming Camera for Windows Users
- 8. Razer Kiy – Best Webcam for Makeup YouTubers and Vloggers
- 9. ClearOne Unite 20 Pro – Great Wide-Angle Webcam
- 10. NexiGo N60 – Best Cheap Webcam for YouTube or Twitch
- What to Look for When Buying a Webcam – Buyer’s Guide
- Interesting Uses of a Webcam
Before Buying a Webcam
The most important thing is to know how you will use the webcam and for what purpose.
- Are you going to create some home type vlogs for your YouTube channel?
- Alternatively, will you stream some live videos or games on Twitch.tv?
- Or maybe do you need a webcam to make facetime with your family or friends.
No matter what you are searching for, you will find out what are the best picks for your needs in this review.
Review Best Webcams for YouTube Videos and TwitchAll webcams from this list were reviewed by vlogtribe.com editors.
Elgato Facecam - Editor's Choice
Razer Kiyo Pro - Editor's Choice
|Yes||1080p60 / 4K|| Price
|Yes||1080p60 / 4K||Price|
1. Elgato Facecam – Best Webcam for YouTube and Twitch
The Elgato Facecam is the best webcam for streaming on twitch or YouTube on multiple computers. The small and light webcam makes it ideal for home or office use. An awesome quality web camera in general.
Known to record up to 1080p@60 fps, this webcam boasts a high-quality Sony image sensor which enables you to capture sharp image details.
Note that the webcam comes with a wide-angle lens that has a lens cover. Just be careful when removing the lens hood as it doesn’t come off easily.
Also, the webcam has a fixed focus system that provides a clear image of you whether recording YouTubing videos or streaming. Unfortunately, the fixed focus isn’t the best for doing close-ups such as product reviews.
The webcam has a padded mount that holds well to the monitor, and a USB-C connector on the back but no built-in mic. Just a reminder for those using the latest Macs, you can plug in the USB 3.0 to your PC as an adapter or dongle will force you to adjust your camera every time you start your computer.
- Provides smooth and crisp videos
- Lens caps are included to prevent scratches on the camera lens
- The webcam has a lot of tweakable settings
- Great low-light performance
- It has a wide frame of view- 82 degrees, to be precise
- Solid monitor stand
- There is no built-in microphone
- It has only a 1080p resolution
- It Requires USB 3.0
The Elgato Facecam is the best webcam to own in 2023. The software is easy to use and allows YouTubers and videographers to adjust the shutter speed, and ISO. Just ensure you update the firmware on the software when you first set up the webcam to save any camera settings. Overall, whether you are YouTubing, streaming on Twitch, or video conferencing, the Elgato Facecam is a great webcam to have around.
2. Razer Kiyo Pro – Excellent All-Around Webcam For Streamers
If you want to upgrade your web camera, the Razer Kiyo Pro is an excellent replacement to take your video quality to the next level. A good-looking webcam, the Kiyo Pro is well-built with a huge lens and tripod mounting capabilities.
Here’s the deal:
Made with streamers in mind, the webcam is easy to set up with the Razer Synapse software and connects to Streamlabs. Keep in mind, the software might conflict with OBS studios or YouTube Live. However, the problem is solved by turning off the Razor Synapse software when using these apps.
Moreover, the webcam comes with a detachable thick USB- A to USB-C cable. Do note, you will need to invest in a USB-C cable or adapter if your PC does not only have a USB-C port.
The video quality is very good for a 1080p camera as it produces crystal clear pictures even in low light environments due to its CCD and f2.0 lens. Unlike the Elgato Facecam, the Kiyo Pro has an autofocus that works well.
Last but not least, the sound and microphone quality is also great and it comes with a lens cover that protects the webcam lens from any damage.
- The webcam has a solid construction
- Amazing low-light environment
- It has good autofocus and manual zoom capability
- Excellent built-in microphone
- Nice tripod mount
- Comes with a detachable USB-C cable
- The webcam is big compared to other webcams
- It does not have a 4K resolution
- Sometimes have issues with Microsoft Teams
- Getting the perfect skin tones can be difficult
Although the Razer Kiyo Pro doesn’t have 4K capabilities, it does produce excellent 1080p60 videos. Well-constructed, the webcam has great autofocus with amazing microphone quality. Therefore, if you are looking for a mid-price webcam for video recording, streaming, or teleconferencing, the Razer Kiyo Pro is an excellent choice.
3. Logitech StreamCam – Optimized Webcam for Streaming on Twitch and YouTube
It’s not a secret the Logitech brand has established itself when it comes to webcams.
That’s why joining the bandwagon of the best webcams on live streaming is the Logitech Streamcam. The webcam has amazing features and performance capabilities that are beneficial for both vloggers and YouTube streamers.
First off, the webcam comes with Full HD 1080p at 60 fps for video recording and streaming on twitch.
However, 1080p at 30fps is the best resolution for excellent and smooth videos even in low-life environments. Also, it has quick autofocus, a wide field of view, and accurate coloring.
In addition, the webcam has a great solid design, a built-in microphone, and a short tripod that enables you to use the camera from a very wide array of angles. It also has a thick integrated USB-C cable which is a bit short.
Point to note always is careful when using the webcam since the cable can’t is replaced. This means you will be forced to buy a new webcam if the cable gets damaged.
Note that, the camera doesn’t have a privacy shutter or a lens cover. Although the camera has a light that informs you when the camera is on, the physical shutter tends to be ideal in this era of cyber hacking.
- Solidly built design
- It comes with a tripod mount
- The webcam has great video quality
- Great for close-up images (70mm minimum focus distance)
- It has fast autofocus
- Provides different color options
- The USB-C cable is fixed and too short
- Require one to purchase an adapter if your PC doesn’t have a USB-C port
The Logitech Streamcam is a great webcam for recording videos as well as Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch on software such as Streamlabs OBS, Xsplit, and Open Broadcaster Software (OBS). Just remember to get the best picture quality and colors from this webcam, and ensure you download the free software and adjust the settings.
4. Logitech C922x Pro Stream – Great Streaming Webcam
According to our editor’s Logitech C922x Pro Stream is a great overall webcam for streaming and vlogging on popular social media platforms like YouTube, Twitch, or even Facebook.
If you are looking for a webcam that works fast for your needs, then the C922x Pro is a fantastic choice for a very good price!
The webcam is capable recording in Full HD 1080p at 30 fps/720p at 60 fps streaming. You can enjoy the video quality that does not lag.
Logitech C922x Pro Stream webcam can adjust to various lighting conditions, as it has a light-correction function. You will look natural and visible in all types of lightning.
If you don’t have a connected microphone, it is not a problem anymore! This camera has a built-in microphone in this webcam that can record the sound from any direction so that you will be creating high-quality videos for your YouTube channel or game streaming.
The camera works perfectly with any kind of laptop or PC. If you are looking for a reliable quality web camera – we suggest you consider this choice.
- 1080p/720p HD video quality
- 78 degrees fields of view
- Good light correction
- Built-in microphone
- Could ask to update or re-install some drivers
This is a simple webcam and it can provide a high-quality video that you will be proud of. Also, do not be afraid to film in any lightning as this webcam is perfect at light correction. Overall, a good product for the price, that provides excellent audio and video quality.
5. Logitech BRIO – Premium Webcam with 4K Video Quality
Logitech BRIO webcam is a premium quality device for home, work, and play.
This webcam provides ultra high-quality videos as it has a premium glass lens, a 4K image sensor, and an HDR feature.
The autofocus, which is installed in this webcam, provides beautiful and true-to-life videos; besides, this feature ensures that you would always be focused on the entire video.
Another premium feature is that the Logitech BRIO webcam can make you look good in any lighting because it has built-in Right Light 3, which automatically adjusts the exposure and contrast, making you visible in any lighting, even if you are filming in a dark or shadowy place.
The webcam works with Windows 10, 11, XSplit, or OBS. Also, it works with Mac SwiftCapture. The Logitech BRIO is Windows Hello certified, and you do not need to write any password, just take a look into the webcam’s lens to log in.
It gets better:
The webcam has an HD 5X zoom and adjustable field of view; choose from three areas of view settings to perfectly frame your video.
To my mind, if you could afford it, you should also think about it, because this camera could be easily called the best premium webcam for Twitch streaming and YouTube videos in 2023!
- 4K video resolution
- Good performance in low-light
- HD 5X Zoom
- Glass lens
- RightLight 3 + HDR light correction
- 65/78/90 degrees field of view
- Background removal for this price could be better
- Could require to install some additional drivers
Overall, if you are looking for a premium quality webcam for YouTube vlogging, streaming while playing or making some video calls for your business, the Logitech BRIO webcam is a good option. It might be on the more expensive side, but you are getting the HD videos and pictures and many other great features along with the price.
6. Logitech C920S – TOP Webcam for Under $70
First, the Logitech C920S webcam is another TOP device that provides Full HD video and audio to your video footage or stream.
It has HD video quality, an excellent built-in microphone, and software of video capture to make your videos stand out and provide excellent quality.
Furthermore, this webcam has a glass lens providing high-quality images, videos, and vibrant colors. Also, automatic light correction ensures you would look great in any lighting!
Here’s the deal about privacy:
The Logitech C920S Pro HD webcam has a privacy shutter, which is very popular nowadays between streamers, so you are in control of what and when you are showing.
If you are finished filming a video or streaming, simply close this webcam’s privacy shutter. Now you can feel safe, that nobody is watching you!
- 1080p HD resolution
- Great low-light performance
- Full HD glass lens
- 78 degrees fields of view
- Stereo microphone
- Privacy shutter
- Could ask to update or re-install some drivers
Logitech C920S Pro HD webcam is a great webcam for HD videos and YouTube vlogging and Twitch streaming. Also, you are in full control of what you are showing or not - the webcam has a privacy shutter, that ensures privacy when you are not using the webcam.
7. Dell UltraSharp WB7022 – Superior Streaming Camera for Windows Users
The Dell UltraSharp WB7022 is a premium webcam for streamers and other content creators.
The webcam has a beautifully sleek design with a solid aluminum construction that enables the webcam to mount nicely on your monitor.
Boasting a large Sony CMOS sensor, the UltraSharp WB7022 has a magnetic camera cover that provides privacy when not using the webcam as well as keeping the lens free from dust.
Looks aside, the webcam is optimized for use with Windows and supports 4K at 30 fps and 1080p or 720p at 60 fps that provides crisp and clear images. It also has a wide field of view (90 degrees) and autofocus settings.
Do note, to avoid the autofocus adjusting the camera unnecessarily, turn it off using the Dell Peripheral Manager.
Other features include the AI auto-framing, which follows your movements, thus keeping you centered in the frame. Also, the webcam comes with software that enables you to zoom in and out manually as well as fine-tune the color balance.
We can’t forget the webcam supports Windows 10’s Hello facial login, allowing you to log in to your PC without typing a password.
Lastly, the webcam comes with 5 feet USB-C to USB-A cable and two mounts. One of the mounts allows the webcam to easily sit on top of a PC or laptop screen while the other is used to mount on a tripod.
- Provides a sharp, clear image
- Beautiful sleek design
- Sturdy build construction
- The AI auto-framing works very well
- It has nice mounting options and a magnetic lens cover
- It sometimes gets hot
- Does not have a built-in microphone
- It doesn’t work with Mac Mini (M1)
- A bit pricey
This Dell UltraSharp WB7022 is an incredible webcam that provides excellent camera quality. A compact 4K webcam, the webcam is also perfect at low lighting situations, making it ideal for not only streaming on twitch but also video conferencing.
8. Razer Kiy – Best Webcam for Makeup YouTubers and Vloggers
First of all, the Razer Kiy webcam has an adjustable ring light, which allows you to eliminate all the shadows around and focus on your face while giving a natural and glowy look.
Not so many webcams do have lighting at all!
This built-in webcam will do its job, but don’t forget the lighting kit or separate ring light for even better quality.
Also, the webcam has an autofocus feature to capture your face quickly. Razer Kiy is one of the best webcams for makeup vloggers.
The ring light and HD quality will make your videos stand out from the others. It is easy to use, is not very large, and is compatible.
- Good video quality
- Adjustable ring light
- High-quality FPS HD video
- Can be compatible with various platforms
- Autofocus feature
- Compact and portable
- Some customers are stating that the video quality can be not as expected depending on the computer
- Camera installation could be easier
The Razer Kiy webcam is great for makeup vloggers who are doing beauty streaming tutorials at the home. Besides, the ring light provides natural light to make the video even better.
9. ClearOne Unite 20 Pro – Great Wide-Angle Webcam
It takes a lot to compete with the most popular webcam brands in the market but as you can see ClearOne isn’t intimated with the likes of Logitech and Razer Kiyo.
Sporting a unique design, the Unite 20 Pro is made of black plastic and 4.7 inches wide.
The webcam also comes with a fixed USB cable, a removable monitor grip mount, a smart card, and a lens cover that provides privacy once you are done streaming.
Additionally, there are built-in microphones that produce excellent audio quality even when moving around during calls.
Another standout feature is the 120-degree field of view which is perfect for two twitch streamers who want to share a monitor. The webcam is also great for zoom conferences of large groups as it allows up to 100 participants all at once with 49 being shown on the screen.
Note that, the webcam has no utility software. However, it has a video chat application known as Collaborate Space.
This application works with web conferencing applications such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, and WebEx among others.
As for video performance, the Unite 20 Pro supports Full HD 1080p 30fps video which shoots amazing videos even in low-light capabilities.
However, the webcam differs from other webcams when it comes to resolution, as it offers 1920×1080.
- It has 120 degrees field of view
- Lens cover for privacy
- The webcam has good low-light capabilities
- Compatible with a lot of conference applications
- Great audio quality
- Comes with integrated USB cable
- Does not have a tripod mount
The ClearOne Unite 20 camera is an excellent webcam that delivers bright and clear images or videos. Though bulkier than other webcams, the Unite 20 Pro wide angle 1080p lens makes this a great device for vloggers and streamers alike.
10. NexiGo N60 – Best Cheap Webcam for YouTube or Twitch
It is the cheapest webcam on this list that costs under $50!
The webcam is easily adjustable to different heights as well as rotatable.
There is also a privacy flip-down cover on top of the camera that provides privacy as well as protects the lens from dust and debris once you are done using the webcam.
Do note, there is a red light that shows the camera is installed and a green light that indicates the camera is turned on and viewing.
A Full HD 1080p 30fps webcam, the NexiGo N60 has excellent video quality, which is great for daily vlogging or Live streaming on OBS.
What’s more, the webcam is compatible with other software applications such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Facebook, and Facetime.
Other features include a USB and a built-in microphone.
However, invest in an external microphone to get the best audio quality. Note that, to ensure you don’t have any problems while using Zoom, first enable the Microsoft Store found in Settings.
Keep in mind, the field of view on this webcam is a lot wider, which is a good or a bad thing, depending on how you use the webcam.
- Great 1080p30 fps video quality
- No installation is required as you just plug in and use
- It comes with a privacy flip cover
- Compatible with Windows and iOS
- It has noise-cancellation stereo microphones
- Does not support Windows Hello facial recognition
- The USB cable isn’t long enough
- Lacks digital zoom
- Does not have a tripod mount
If you are looking for an affordable and good quality webcam for streaming, the NexiGo webcam is the right option for you. For less than $50, you will get a really reasonable camera.
What to Look for When Buying a Webcam – Buyer’s Guide
- Webcam lenses – it is good to know which webcam lenses to choose from. Some of the webcams have plastic lenses, but if you are looking for a high-quality video – go with the glass lenses. It dramatically improves the quality of the video without a significant increase in the price. Look for auto-focusing and light-correcting features, as it would help you to provide excellent videos and streaming quality.
- Auto-focusing – this feature helps you always stay in focus while filming a vlog, making a YouTube video, or streaming. The webcam automatically will detect your face or an object and remain in focus for the entire time while shooting.
- Light-correction – this is excellent if a webcam has a light-correction function, which allows you to be visible even if you are filming in a dark or shadowy room. It automatically corrects the light and the shadows, so you will look good even in a dark room.
- Video quality – I would strongly recommend purchasing a webcam with 1080p 60 fps / 1080p 30 fps video quality or even better.
Why Should You Buy a Webcam?
- Still pictures – a webcam can take a still image. You need to activate and connect the webcam to your computer and then point the camera to the thing you want to take a picture of and hit some specific keys on the keyboard or click a button on the screen.
- Video making – webcams can quickly shoot a video. You need to connect the webcam to the computer and press the red button on the screen and it will start to record the video. If you want to stop recording, click the red button again. The video that the webcam has made for you will be saved to the computer’s local or external hard drive.
- Conference calls – Many social programs, such as Skype or Zoom, can make conference calls. If you are making a call that involves video, your webcam will automatically start recording if you are going to answer the call with a “camera” button. All your friends will see the image that the webcam is recording. The other person can still see your video if he does not have a webcam.
- Upload easily – this feature is perfect for those who do not want to spend much time but loves to take pictures and upload them to social platforms, for example, Facebook. If you have a webcam, you can take a picture and post it straight to the social platform. Facebook can select “Use Webcam” to take an image and post it to the profile without leaving the social platform. It is straightforward because you do not need to navigate through your computer and can simply upload pictures or videos straight away.
Interesting Uses of a Webcam
As you already know that a webcam is a video recording device that can broadcast you directly on the internet.
It is easy to check what is happening at home when you are at work or on holiday abroad.
Usually, these cameras are used for security purposes as well – when a disaster is reviewed, the video helps identify the criminals.
Motion sensors. Some webcams can be programmed to capture images only when someone is moving. This is a handy feature because you no longer need to watch an hour-long record to find the moment when something happened at home.
Some webcams have integrated motion and sound sensors. However, with other webcams, the same effect can be achieved by using different programs.
Child and animal care. Maybe you are not afraid because a dog guards your home, but who is watching the dog? An online webcam, in this case, can help you see what your dog is doing while you are out of your home.
It can also help in gathering clues for children who do not do well. Interestingly enough, some webcams have a built-in microphone and speaker.
Recording everyday family life. This idea will not appeal to everyone, but in some countries, many people are using webcams in this case.
Webcams can be permanently turned on to capture various moments of family life. In the event of a funny or unexpected event, you can easily find it in a video. How to do it – you can check here.
These are just a few ways to use webcams, not only for creating videos or streaming. Much more exciting uses can be found on the internet.
In fact, webcams are also very useful for home security. Nowadays, they are inexpensive and offer a lot of additional features, so every homeowner should think about a good webcam.
To summarise this TOP 10 list of best webcams for YouTube videos and Twitch streaming, I have to say that you need to be aware that not every webcam can work on every laptop or system.
Always check before buying a webcam if it is going to work on your computer or operating system or not. Don’t forget to check the system requirements. Does the webcam need special software or drivers to be installed on your PC?
Also, find out why you want to buy a webcam – for vlogging, live streaming, or make high-quality video call conferences. Every webcam has unique features that are specific for many reasons. Some of the webcams can only be good for the live stream; some are universal.