TOP 10 Best Webcams for YouTube Videos and Twitch in 2021
Nowadays, most laptops and desktop computers have the HD webcam built-in the monitor, but are these suitable for creating videos and streaming sessions?
The question for a lot of YouTubers is, what are the best webcams for YouTube videos, vlogging, and Twitch gaming?
There are many webcams to buy separately that give you the quality that you are looking for. If you want to find out more about the best webcams for YouTube vlogging and Twitch in 2021 – continue reading.
Table of Contents
- What is a Webcam?
- Best Webcams for YouTube Videos and Twitch
- 1. Logitech C922x Pro Stream – Best Webcam for YouTube Videos and Twitch Streaming in 2021
- 2. Logitech BRIO – Premium Webcam with 4k Video Quality
- 3. Logitech C920S – TOP Webcam for Under $70
- 4. Spedal Full HD – Best Budget Webcam for YouTube Vlogging and Twitch Streaming
- 5. Logitech 1080p Pro Stream – High Quality Webcam Perfectly Works with MAC OS
- 6. Unzano Pro Stream – Best Cheap Webcam for a Background Replacement (a Green Screen)
- 7. Mac Webcam – Portable Webcam for Vlogging
- 8. Razer Kiy – Best Webcam for Makeup YouTubers and Vloggers
- 9. AUKEY FHD – Decent Web Camera for Good Price
- 10. Dericam Full HD – Cheapest Webcam from the List
- What to Look for When Buying a Webcam – Buyer’s Guide
- Interesting Uses of a Webcam
- The Summary:
What is a Webcam?
A webcam – is a small camera that is attached to your computer. Often, it is built-in already, but you can buy it separately for the higher quality.
A webcam can do many things, starting from making still pictures and finishing with YouTube vlogging, streaming, facetiming, and communicating via other social platforms.
So, what should you pay attention to while picking a webcam?
The most important thing is to know how you are going to use the webcam and for what purpose?
No matter what you are searching for, you will find out what are the best picks for your needs in this review.
Best Webcams for YouTube Videos and Twitch
All webcams from this list were reviewed by vlogtribe.com editors.
Logitech C922x Pro Stream - Editor's Choice
|Yes||1080p60 / 4K|
1. Logitech C922x Pro Stream – Best Webcam for YouTube Videos and Twitch Streaming in 2021
If you are looking for a webcam that is working fast for your needs, then the C922x Pro is a fantastic choice for a very good price!
The webcam is capable in full HD 1080p at 30fps/720p at 60fps streaming. You can enjoy the video quality that does not lag.
Logitech C922x Pro Stream webcam can adjust to various lighting conditions, as it has a light-correction function. You will look natural and visible in all types of lightning.
If you don’t have a connected microphone, it is not a problem anymore! This camera has a built-in microphone in this webcam that can record the sound from any direction so that you will be creating high-quality videos for your YouTube channel or game streaming.
The camera works perfectly with any kind of laptop or PC. If you are looking for a reliable quality web camera – we suggest you think about this choice.
- 1080p/720p HD video quality
- 78 degrees fields of view
- Good light correction
- Built-in microphone
- Could ask to update or re-install some drivers
This is a simple webcam and it can provide a high-quality video that you will be proud of. Also, do not be afraid to film in any lightning as this webcam is perfect at light correction. Overall, a good product for the price, that provides excellent audio and video quality.
2. Logitech BRIO – Premium Webcam with 4k Video Quality
This webcam provides ultra high-quality videos as it has a premium glass lens, a 4K image sensor, and the HDR feature.
The autofocus, which is installed in this webcam, provides beautiful and true-to-life videos; besides, this feature ensures that you would always be focused on the entire video.
Another premium feature is that the Logitech BRIO webcam can make you look good in any lightning because it has built-in RightLight 3, which automatically adjusts the exposure and contrast, making you visible in any lighting, even if you are filming in a dark or shadowy place.
The webcam works with Windows 10, XSplit, or OBS. Also, it works with Mac SwiftCapture. The Logitech BRIO is Windows Hello certified, and you do not need to write any password, just take a look into the webcam’s lens to log in.
|Logitech BRIO – Ultra HD Webcam for Video Conferencing, Recording, and Streaming||CHECK THE PRICE|
It gets better:
The webcam has an HD 5X zoom and adjustable field of view; choose from three areas of view settings to perfectly frame your video.
To my mind, if you could afford it, you should also think about it, because this camera could be easily called the best premium webcam for Twitch streaming and YouTube videos in 2021!
- 4K video resolution
- Good performance in low-light
- HD 5X Zoom
- Glass lens
- RightLight 3 + HDR light correction
- 65/78/90 degrees field of view
- Background removal for this price could be better
- Could require to install some additional drivers
Overall, if you are looking for a premium quality webcam for YouTube vlogging, streaming while playing or make some video calls for your business, the Logitech BRIO webcam is a good option. It might be on the more expensive side, but you are getting the HD videos and pictures and many other great features along with the price.
3. Logitech C920S – TOP Webcam for Under $70
It has HD video quality, an excellent built-in microphone, and software of video capture to make your videos stand out and provide excellent quality.
Furthermore, this webcam has a glass lens providing high-quality images, videos, and vibrant colors. Also, automatic light correction makes sure that you would look great in any lighting!
|Logitech C920S HD Pro Webcam with Privacy Shutter - Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Here’s the deal about privacy:
- 1080p HD resolution
- Great low-light performance
- Full HD glass lens
- 78 degrees fields of view
- Stereo microphone
- Privacy shutter
- Could ask to update or re-install some drivers
Logitech C920S Pro HD webcam is a great webcam for HD videos and YouTube vlogging and Twitch streaming. Also, you are in full control of what you are showing or not - the webcam has a privacy shutter, that ensures privacy when you are not using the webcam.
4. Spedal Full HD – Best Budget Webcam for YouTube Vlogging and Twitch Streaming
The webcam has a full HD 7-layer lens that provides excellent video quality.
Furthermore, it has a 100-degree wide-angle, so you can make a video call or live stream with a group of people, and they will all fit into the focus of this webcam.
This streaming webcam has the beauty effect of making your face look more natural and vibrant. Your facial skin will look more radiant and flawless. If you do not like the automatic focus on the webcam, the Spedal Full HD webcam has a manual focus so that you can adjust it by yourself.
Last but not least, it has a background replacement feature, which is very important to make your videos even more engaging. Anyway, for better quality, a green screen is recommended as well.
|Webcam with Microphone,1080P HD USB Computer Camera [Plug and Play] for Laptop,Desktop,Streaming Web...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- Full HD
- 100 degree wide viewing angle
- Beauty effect
- Auto low-light correction
- Manual focus
- Support software
- Editor’s notice some rare issues with Skype
The Spedal full HD webcam is the best budget webcam for YouTube vlogging and Twitch streamers as it designed for the gaming lovers. This webcam has many features that provide excellent video quality. If you are starting to live stream and looking for a perfect cheap webcam - the Spedal one is the right for you.
5. Logitech 1080p Pro Stream – High Quality Webcam Perfectly Works with MAC OS
Logitech Pro Stream webcam is also a high-quality webcam that has a glass lens that provides full HD videos with true-to-life colors and vibrancy, so you are getting high-quality, vibrant looking videos.
As you can understand from its name – Logitech 1080p Pro Stream is entirely created for Twitch streamers. If you are one of them, this might be your pick on this list.
Also, the built-in stereo microphone can catch all the sounds, so you will sound clearly and softly. Your vlogs or game streams will be recorded in high-quality with the automatic light correction, even in the dump light.
The Logitech Pro Stream webcam works well with Windows 7, 8, 10, also with MAC OS.
|Logitech 1080p Pro Stream Webcam for HD Video Streaming and Recording at 1080p 30FPS||CHECK THE PRICE|
- Full HD glass lens
- Automatic light correction
- Built-in dual microphones
- Full HD
- Works with Windows, Mac
- Can be difficult to install with some software
It is a good and basic webcam for YouTube vlogging, game streaming or simple conference calls. With auto light correction, glass lens and built-in microphone you can make excellent videos. This camera can work with MAC iOS without any problems.
6. Unzano Pro Stream – Best Cheap Webcam for a Background Replacement (a Green Screen)
Pro Stream webcam has the latest H.264 Hardware Encoding Compression so that you will get ultra high-quality HD videos.
You do not need any software, as this webcam has facial-enhancement technology that optimizes the image automatically. In this case, your face will look more natural and vibrant as well.
Moreover, if you are going to stream with this webcam, it has a background replacement that can integrate your live image on any background.
You will always be on the focus because of more vibrant colors and that the webcam can automatically detect your face.
If you are saving your space on the computer, this webcam provides a smaller video file size, so you will record more videos.
|Webcam with Microphone, Unzano 1080P HD Webcam with Auto Light Correction/Plug and Play/Wide Angle,...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- Latest Hardware Encoding compression
- Automatic focus
- HDR video effect
- Multi-scene application
- Hardware beauty effect
- You may need some additional software to access more features
All in all, this is one of the best webcams for green screen and streaming while you are playing a game, as it has a feature, that you can put yourself into a various background. Besides, this webcam provides a full HD video.
7. Mac Webcam – Portable Webcam for Vlogging
The webcam has a BSI back-illuminated sensor and high dynamic range, ensuring that you have a high-quality video even if the lighting is changing.
Secondly, the webcam has an autofocus function, which can quickly detect your face or an object.
Besides, this webcam has a built-in microphone with a noise cancellation feature that reduces unnecessary background sounds so your videos would have a clear and straight sound.
Here’s the best part:
This webcam comes with a tripod, so you can use it on your computer or separately on itself. It is suggested to use OBS software with this webcam to get the best video and audio quality.
|Webcam 1080P with Microphone HD Web Cam 30fps, Vitade 826M USB Computer Web Camera Cam for Streaming...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- Night vision
- Light Correction
- Background replacement
- HDR dynamic range
- Noise-canceling microphone
- If using the wrong software, the video quality can be low
The Mac webcam is not designed only for Mac and it can be used with Windows 7, 8 and 10. It is very easy to set up the webcam; besides, you are getting a high-quality video while streaming, vlogging on calling your friends or family.
8. Razer Kiy – Best Webcam for Makeup YouTubers and Vloggers
Not so many webcams do have lighting at all!
Also, the webcam has an autofocus feature so that it will capture your face quickly. Razer Kiy is one of the best webcams for makeup vloggers.
The ring light and HD quality will make your videos stand out from the others. It is easy to use, is not very large, and is compatible.
|Razer Kiyo Streaming Webcam: 1080p 30 FPS / 720p 60 FPS - Ring Light w/ Adjustable Brightness -...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- Good video quality
- Adjustable ring light
- High-quality FPS HD video
- Can be compatible with various platforms
- Autofocus feature
- Compact and portable
- Some customers are stating that the video quality can be not as expected depending on the computer
- Camera installation could be easier
The Razer Kiy webcam is great for makeup vloggers who are doing tutorial at the home or even are on-the-go, as it is a small and portable webcam. Besides, the ring light provides natural light to make the video even better.
9. AUKEY FHD – Decent Web Camera for Good Price
Aukey FHD webcam is a great web camera for live streaming and video recording, in general. I believe that most people have not tried it because the brand is not very popular and well known across the world.
A High-definition 1080p 2-megapixel webcam provides a full HD video quality, and the fixed focus features can capture the object or your face even at a 5-meter distance.
Also, this webcam has a stereo sound, so it provides the high-quality sound as well. It is effortless to use, as the webcam does not require any software or drivers. Just plug it into your device’s USB port and that is it.
|AUKEY FHD Webcam, 1080p Live Streaming Camera with Stereo Microphone, Desktop or Laptop USB Webcam...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- Full HD video
- Hassle-free set up
- Stereo sound
- Fixed-focus lens
- Foldable design
- Stated as sometimes can be out of focus
This webcam is very easy to set up, so you will not have any problems setting in up and starting to stream or make videos. Also, it is foldable as it allows you to bring it and film with it while on-the-go.
10. Dericam Full HD – Cheapest Webcam from the List
The camera is made for live streaming in a high-quality, 75-degree wide-angle provides an excellent opportunity to make conference calls, meeting calls, multi-person audio and podcasting as everyone will be able to appear to the video.
Needless to say that, this webcam is very easy to set-up and use – you do not need to install any drivers, just plug it into your computer or other device and start enjoying the excellent video and audio quality.
The built-in noise-reducing microphone ensures that you will have high-quality audio with all reduced unnecessary sounds. Besides, your voice can be heard at 30 feet.
Dericam Full HD live streaming webcam has an automatic low-light correction. If you are streaming in a quiet, dark area, the video will automatically reduce all the shadows and any harsh lighting that does not look good in a video.
|Webcam with Microphone, Dericam 1080P Webcam, Desktop Laptop Computer USB Web Camera with Privacy...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Don’t pay much attention that this camera is listed only in 10th place. If your budget is less than $30, but you want to have the best web camera on the market, we definitely recommend trying this option.
- Full HD video
- Built-in noise-reducing mic
- Glass lens
- Universal and easy to set-up
- Can be not compatible with MacBook
- Customer stating that it is hard to turn it on
If you are looking for an affordable and good quality webcam, the Dericam Full HD webcam is the right option for you.
What to Look for When Buying a Webcam – Buyer’s Guide
- Webcam lenses – it is good to know which webcam lenses to choose from. Some of the webcams have plastic lenses, but if you are looking for a high-quality video – go with the glass lenses. It dramatically improves the quality of the video without a significant increase in the price. Look for auto-focusing and light-correcting features, as it would help you to provide excellent videos and streaming quality.
- Auto-focusing – this feature helps you always stay in focus while filming a vlog, making a YouTube video, or streaming. The webcam automatically will detect your face or an object and remain in focus for the entire time while shooting.
- Light-correction – is excellent if a webcam has a light-correction function, which allows you to be visible even if you are filming in a dark or shadowy room. It automatically corrects the light and the shadows, so you will look good even in a dark room.
- Video quality – I would strongly recommend purchasing a webcam that has 1080p 60 fps / 1080p 30 fps video quality or even better.
Why Should You Buy a Webcam?
- Still pictures – a webcam can take a still image. You need to activate and connect the webcam to your computer and then point the camera to the thing that you want to take a picture of and hit some specific keys on the keyboard or click a button on the screen. The image is usually saved to the hard drive of the computer.
- Video making – webcams can quickly shoot a video. You need to connect the webcam to the computer and press the red button on the screen and it will start to record the video. If you want to stop recording, click the red button again. The video that the webcam has made for you will be saved to the hard drive of the computer.
- Conference calls – Many social programs, such as Skype or Zoom, can make conference calls. If you are making a call that involves video, your webcam will automatically start recording if you are going to answer the call with a “camera” button. All your friends will see your image that the webcam is recording. If the other person does not have a webcam, he can still see your video.
- Upload easily – this feature is perfect for those who do not want to spend much time but loves to take pictures and upload them to social platforms, for example, Facebook. If you have a webcam, you can take a picture and post it straight to the social platform. Facebook can select “Use Webcam” to take an image and post it to the profile without leaving the social platform. It is straightforward because you do not need to navigate through your computer and can simply upload pictures or videos straight away.
Interesting Uses of a Webcam
As you already know that a webcam is a video recording device that can broadcast you directly on the internet.
It is easy to check what is happening at home when you are at work or on holiday abroad.
Usually, these cameras are used for security purposes as well – when a disaster is reviewed, the video helps identify the criminals.
Motion sensors. Some webcams can be programmed to capture images only when someone is moving. This is a handy feature because you no longer need to watch an hour-long record to find the moment when something happened at home.
Some webcams have integrated motion and sound sensors. However, with other webcams, the same effect can be achieved by using different programs.
Child and animal care. Maybe you are not afraid because a dog guards your home, but who is watching the dog? An online webcam, in this case, can help you see what your dog is doing while you are out of your home.
It can also help in gathering clues for children who do not do well. Interestingly enough, some webcams have a built-in microphone and speaker.
Recording everyday family life. This idea will not appeal to everyone, but in some countries, many people are using webcams in this case.
Webcams can be permanently turned on to capture various moments of family life. In the event of a funny or unexpected event, you can easily find it in a video. How to do it – you can check here.
These are just a few ways to use webcams, not only for creating videos or streaming. Much more exciting uses can be found on the internet.
In fact, webcams are also very useful for home security. Nowadays, they are inexpensive and offer a lot of additional features, so every homeowner should think about a good webcam.
To summarise this TOP 10 list of best webcams for YouTube videos and Twitch streaming, I have to say that you need to be aware that not every webcam can work on every laptop or system.
Always check before buying a webcam if it is going to work on your computer or operating system or not. Don’t forget to check the system requirements. Does the webcam need special software or drivers to be installed on your PC?
Most webcams need the minimum processor speed and memory, so you do not have to have a powerful computer if you want to have a high-quality webcam video.
Also, find out why you want to buy a webcam – for vlogging, live streaming, or make high-quality video call conferences. Every webcam has unique features that are specific for many reasons. Some of the webcams can only be good for the live stream; some are universal.