TOP 10 Best Webcams for YouTube Videos and Twitch in 2019
People can agree, that nowadays most of the laptops and desktop computers have the HD webcam that is built-in the PC monitor, but are these suitable for creating videos and streaming? What are the best webcams for YouTube videos and Twitch gaming?
There are many webcams to buy separate that gives you the quality that you are looking for. If you want to find out more about the best webcams for YouTube and Twitch in 2019 – continue reading.
Table of Contents
- What is a Webcam?
- Best Webcams for YouTube Videos and Twitch
- 1. Logitech C922x Pro Stream – Best Webcam for YouTube Videos and Twitch Streaming in 2019 🏆
- 2. Logitech C920S – TOP Webcam for Under $70
- 3. Logitech BRIO – Premium Webcam with 4k Video Quality
- 4. Spedal Full HD – Best Budget Webcam for YouTube Videos and Twitch Streaming
- 5. Logitech 1080p Pro Stream – High Quality Webcam Perfectly Works with MAC OS
- 6. Unzano Pro Stream – Best Webcam for Green Screen
- 7. Mac Webcam – Portable Webcam for Vlogging
- 8. Razer Kiy – Webcam with Built in Adjustable Ring Light (Good for Makeup Vloggers)
- 9. AUKEY FHD – Decent Camera for Good Price
- 10. Dericam Full HD – Cheapest Webcam from this List
- What to Look for When Buying a Webcam – Buyer’s Guide:
- Interesting Uses of a Webcam
- The Summary:
What is a Webcam?
Webcam – is a small camera that is attached to your computer. Often, it is built-in already, but you can buy it separately for the higher quality. A webcam can do many things, starting from making still pictures and finishing with YouTube vlogging, streaming, face timing, and communicating via other social platforms.
So, in what you should pay attention while picking a webcam?
No matter what you are searching for, in this review you will find out what are the best webcams for YouTube vlogging, streaming on Twitch, and making good quality videos in general.
Best Webcams for YouTube Videos and Twitch
All webcams from this list were tested by vlogtribe.com editors.
Logitech C922x Pro Stream - Editor's Choice
|Yes||1080p60 / 4K|
1. Logitech C922x Pro Stream – Best Webcam for YouTube Videos and Twitch Streaming in 2019 🏆
If you are looking for a webcam that is working fast for your needs, then the C922x Pro is a fantastic choice for a decent price!
The webcam is capable in full HD 1080p at 30fps/720p at 60fps streaming. You can enjoy the video quality, that does not lag.
Logitech C922x Pro Stream webcam can adjust to various lighting conditions, as it has a light-correction function. You will look natural and visible in all type of lightning.
If you don’t have a connected microphone, it is not a problem anymore! This camera has the built-in microphone in this webcam can record the sound from any direction so that you will be creating high-quality videos for your YouTube channel or game streaming.
To our editors minds and test results, it is the best webcam for YouTube videos or Twitch game streaming, as it has all the features that you need.
- 1080p/720p HD video quality
- 78 degrees fields of view
- Good light correction
- Built-in microphone
- Could ask to update or re-install some drivers
This is a simple webcam and it can provide a high-quality video that you will be proud of. Also, do not be afraid to film in any lightning as this webcam is perfect at light correction. Overall, a good product for the price, that provides excellent audio and video quality.
2. Logitech C920S – TOP Webcam for Under $70
It has HD video quality, good built-in microphone, and software of video capture to make your videos stand out and provide excellent quality.
Furthermore, this webcam has a glass lens, so it provides high-quality images, videos, and vibrant colors. Also, automatic light correction makes sure that you would look great in any lighting!
- 1080p HD resolution
- Full HD glass lens
- 78 degrees fields of view
- Stereo microphone
- Privacy shutter
- Could ask to update or re-install some drivers
Logitech C920S Pro HD webcam is a great webcam for HD videos and YouTube vlogging and Twitch streaming. Also, you are in full control of what you are showing or not - the webcam has a privacy shutter, that ensures privacy when you are not using the webcam.
3. Logitech BRIO – Premium Webcam with 4k Video Quality
This webcam provides ultra high-quality videos as it has a premium glass lens, a 4K image sensor, and the HDR feature. The autofocus which is installed in this webcam provides beautiful and true-to-life videos; besides, this feature ensures that you would always be focused on the entire video.
Logitech BRIO webcam can make you look good in any lightning because it has built-in RightLight 3 which automatically adjusts the exposure and contrast, making you visible in any lighting, even if you are filming in a dark or shadowy place.
The webcam works with Windows 10, XSplit, or OBS. Also, it works with Mac SwiftCapture. The Logitech BRIO is Windows Hello certified, and you do not need to write any password, take a look into webcam’s lens to log in.
It gets better:
The webcam has an HD 5X zoom and adjustable field of view; choose from three areas of view settings to perfectly frame your video.
To my mind, if you could afford it, you should go and take it, because this camera could be easily called best webcam for Twitch streaming and YouTube videos in 2019!
- HD 5X Zoom
- Glass lens
- RightLight 3 + HDR light correction
- 65/78/90 degrees field of view
- Background removal for this price could be better
- Could require to install some additional drivers
Overall, if you are looking for a premium quality webcam for YouTube vlogging, streaming while playing or make some video calls for your business, the Logitech BRIO webcam is a good option. It might be on the more expensive side, but you are getting the HD videos and pictures and many other great features along with the price.
4. Spedal Full HD – Best Budget Webcam for YouTube Videos and Twitch Streaming
The webcam has a full HD 7-layer lens that provides excellent video quality. Furthermore, it has a 100-degree wide angle, so you can make a video call or live stream with a group of people, and they will all fit into the focus of this webcam.
This streaming webcam has a beauty effect of making your face look more natural and vibrant. Your facial skin will look more radiant and flawless. If you do not like the automatic focus on the webcam, the Spedal Full HD webcam has a manual focus, so you can adjust it by yourself.
Last but not least, it has a background replacement feature which is very important to make your stream even more better and engaging.
- Full HD
- 100 degree wide viewing angle
- Beauty effect
- Auto low-light correction
- Manual focus
- Support software
- Some statements say that does not work with Skype
The Spedal full HD webcam is the best budget webcam for YouTube videos and Twitch streamers as it designed for the gaming lovers. This webcam has many features that provide excellent video quality. If you are starting to live stream and looking for a perfect webcam - the Spedal one is the right for you.
5. Logitech 1080p Pro Stream – High Quality Webcam Perfectly Works with MAC OS
Logitech Pro Stream webcam is also high quality webcam which has a glass lens that provides full HD videos with true-to-life colors and vibrancy, so you are getting a high-quality, vibrant looking videos.
As you can understand from its name – Logitech 1080p Pro Stream is entirely created for Twitch streamers. If you are one of them, this might be your pick of this list.
Also, the built-in stereo microphone can catch all the sounds so you will sound clearly and softly. With the automatic light correction, your vlogs or game streams will be recorded in high-quality even in the dump light.
The Logitech Pro Stream webcam works well with Windows 7, 8, 10, also with MAC OS.
- Full HD glass lens
- Automatic light correction
- Built-in dual microphones
- Full HD
- Works with Windows, Mac
- Can be difficult to install with some software
It is a good and basic webcam for YouTube vlogging, game streaming or simple conference calls. With auto light correction, glass lens and built-in microphone you can make excellent videos. This camera can work with MAC OS without any problems.
6. Unzano Pro Stream – Best Webcam for Green Screen
Pro Stream webcam has the latest H.264 Hardware Encoding Compression, so you will get ultra high-quality HD videos.
You do not need any software, as this webcam has facial-enhancement technology that optimizes the image automatically. In this case, your face will look more natural and vibrant as well.
Moreover, if you are going to stream with this webcam, it has a background replacement which can integrate your live image on any background. You are always going to be on the focus because of more vibrant colors and that the webcam can detect your face automatically.
If you are saving your space in the computer, this webcam provides a smaller video file size, so you will be able to record more videos.
- Latest Hardware Encoding compression
- Automatic focus
- HDR video effect
- Multi-scene application
- Hardware beauty effect
- You may need some additional software to access more features
All in all, this is one of the best webcams for green screen and streaming while you are playing a game, as it has a feature, that you can put yourself into a various background. Besides, this webcam provides a full HD video.
7. Mac Webcam – Portable Webcam for Vlogging
Firstly, the webcam also has a BSI back-illuminated sensor and high dynamic range, which ensures that you have a high-quality video even if the lighting is changing.
Secondly, the webcam has an autofocus function, which can quickly detect your face or an object.
Besides, this webcam has a built-in microphone with noise cancellation feature that reduces unnecessary background sounds so your videos would have a clear and straight sound.
Here’s the best part:
This webcam comes with a tripod, so you can use it on your computer or separately on itself. It is suggested to use OBS software with this webcam to get the best video and audio quality.
- Night vision
- Light Correction
- Background replacement
- HDR dynamic range
- Noise-canceling microphone
- If using the wrong software, the video quality can be low
The Mac webcam is not designed only for Mac and it can be used with Windows 7,8 and 10. It is very easy to set up the webcam; besides, you are getting a high-quality video while streaming, vlogging on calling your friends or family.
8. Razer Kiy – Webcam with Built in Adjustable Ring Light (Good for Makeup Vloggers)
Not so many webcams do have lighting at all! This built-in webcam will do its job but don’t forget about lighting kit in general for even better quality.
Also, the webcam has an autofocus feature so it will capture your face quickly. Razer Kiy is one of the best webcams for make-up vloggers.
The ring light and HD quality will make your videos stand out from the others. It is easy to use, is not very large and is compatible.
- Adjustable ring light
- High-quality FPS HD video
- Can be compatible with various platforms
- Autofocus feature
- Compact and portable
- Some customers are stating that the video quality can be not as expected depending on the computer
- Installation could be easier
The Razer Kiy webcam is great for makeup vloggers who are on-the-go, as it is a small and portable webcam. Besides, the ring light provides natural light to make the video even better
9. AUKEY FHD – Decent Camera for Good Price
High-definition 1080p 2-megapixel webcam provides a full HD video quality and the fixed focus features can capture the object or your face even in a 5-meters distance.
Also, this webcam has a stereo sound, so it provides a high-quality sound as well. It is effortless to use, as the webcam does not require any software or drivers, just plug it into your device’s USB port and that is it.
- Full HD video
- Hassle-free set up
- Stereo sound
- Fixed-focus lens
- Foldable design
- Stated as sometimes can be out of focus
This webcam is very easy to set up, so you will not have any problems setting in up and starting to stream or make videos. Also, it is foldable as it allows you to bring it and film with it while on-the-go.
10. Dericam Full HD – Cheapest Webcam from this List
The camera is made for live streaming in a high-quality, 75-degree wide angle provides an excellent opportunity to make conference calls, meeting calls, multi-person audio and podcasting as everyone will be able to appear to the video.
Needless to say that, this webcam is very easy to set-up and use – you do not need to install any drivers, just plug into your computer or other device and start enjoying the excellent video and audio quality.
The built-in noise-reducing microphone ensures that you will have high-quality audio with all reduced unnecessary sounds. Besides, your voice can be heard in 30 feet.
Dericam Full HD live streaming webcam has an automatic low-light correction, so if you are streaming in a quiet, dark area, the video will automatically reduce all the shadows and any harsh lighting that does not look good in a video.
- Full HD video
- Built-in noise-reducing mic
- Glass lens
- Universal and easy to set-up
- Can be not compatible with MacBook
- Customer stating that it is hard to turn it on
If you are looking for an affordable and good quality webcam, the Dericam Full HD webcam is the right option for you. Also, it is the best webcam for streaming, vlogging and making high-quality full HD videos.
What to Look for When Buying a Webcam – Buyer’s Guide:
- Webcam lenses – it is good to know which webcam lenses to choose from. Some of the webcams have plastic lenses, but if you are looking for a high-quality video – go with the glass lenses. It dramatically improves the quality of the video without a significant increase in the price. Look for auto-focusing and light-correcting features, as it would help you to provide excellent videos and streaming quality.
- Auto-focusing – this feature helps you to always stay in the focus while filming a vlog or game streaming. The webcam automatically will detect your face or an object and will remain on focus for the entire time while shooting.
- Light-correction – it is excellent if a webcam has a light-correction function, which allows you to be visible even if you are filming in a dark or shadowy room. It automatically corrects the light and the shadows so you will look good even in a dark room.
- Video quality – I would strongly recommend purchasing a webcam which has 1080p 60 fps / 1080p 30 fps video quality or even better.
Why Should You Buy a Webcam?
- Still pictures – a webcam can take a still image. You need to activate and connect the webcam to your computer and then point the camera to the thing that you want to take a picture of and hit some specific keys on the keyboard or click a button on the screen. The image is usually saved to the hard drive of the computer.
- Video making – webcams can quickly shoot a video. You need to connect the webcam to the computer and press the red button on the screen and will start to record the video. If you want to stop recording, click the red button again. The video that webcam has made for you will be saved to the hard drive of the computer.
- Conference calls – Many social programs, such as Skype, can make conference calls. If you are making a call that involves video, your webcam will automatically start recording if you are going to answer the call with a “camera” button. Then, all your friends will see your image that the webcam is recording. If the other person does not have a webcam, he can still see your video.
- Upload easily – this feature is perfect for those who do not want to spend much time but loves to take pictures and upload them to social platforms, for example, Facebook. If you have a webcam, you can take a picture and post it straight to the social platform. Facebook can select “Use Webcam” to take an image and post it to the profile without leaving the social platform. It is very easy because you do not need to navigate through your computer and can simply upload pictures or videos straight away.
Interesting Uses of a Webcam
As you already know that A webcam is a video recording device that can broadcast you directly on the internet.
It is easy to check what is happening at home when you are at work or on holiday abroad.
Usually, these cameras are used for security purposes as well- when a disaster is reviewed, the video helps to identify the criminals.
Motion sensors. Some webcams can be programmed to capture images only when someone is moving. This is a handy feature because you no longer need to watch an hour-long record to find the moment when something happened at home. Some webcams have integrated motion and sound sensors. However, with other webcams, the same effect can be achieved by using different programs.
Child and animal care. Maybe you are not afraid, because a dog guards your home, but who is watching the dog? An online webcam, in this case, can help you see what your dog is doing while you are out of your home. It can also help in gathering clues for children who do not do well. Interestingly enough, some webcams have a built-in microphone and speaker.
Recording everyday family life. This idea will not appeal to everyone, but in some countries, many people are using webcams in this case. Webcams can be permanently turned on to capture various moments of family life. In the event of a funny or unexpected event, you can easily find it in a video. How to do it – you can check here.
These are just a few ways to use webcams not only for YouTube videos or Twitch streaming. Much more exciting uses can be found on the internet. In fact, webcams are also very useful for their primary purpose – home security. Nowadays they are inexpensive and offer a lot of additional features, so every homeowner should think about a good webcam.
To summarise this TOP 10 list of best webcams for YouTube videos and Twitch streaming I have to say that you need to be aware that not every webcam can work on every laptop or system.
Always check before buying a webcam if it is going to work on your computer or operating system. Don’t forget to check the system requirements, does the webcam need special software or drivers to be installed in your PC.
Most of the webcams need the minimum processor speed and memory, so you do not have to have a powerful computer if you want to have a high-quality webcam video.
Also, find out why you want to buy a webcam – for vlogging, live streaming or make high-quality video call conferences. Every webcam has unique features that are specific for many reasons. Some of the webcams can be only good for the live stream; some are universal.
Hi! Glad you visit my Blog! My name is Glen Beker and I’m 100% of time Blogger and Video Editor from Germany, but most of my time I do live and work in the United States.
I spend a lot of my time by editing various video blogs (vlogs) and giving editing and vlogging advises to many starting vloggers from all over the World!
If you want to consult with me about vlogging – feel free to contact with me!