Nowadays, vlogging has unlocked a lot of opportunities for people who have hobbies and want to earn additional money.
You can easily travel the world, record your trip, do your favorite activities, engage with your audience, and earn money from YouTube.
This article is for poker players who want to record their poker vlog, but don’t know how to film it and what kind of camera they should use.
In this guide, we will help you to find out what are the best poker vlogging cameras in the market.
Table of Contents
- What is Poker Vlog?
- How To Film a Poker Vlog?
- Best Cameras For Poker Vlogging
- 1. Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra – Best Smartphone for Live Poker Vlogging
- 2. Apple iPhone 13 Pro – The Most Popular Device Between Poker Players
- 3. Canon PowerShot G7 x Mark III – Superior Camera for Poker Vlogs
- 4. Sony ZV-1 – Our Favorite Poker Vlogging Camera
- 5. Sony HX80/B – Best Budget Camera for Poker Vlogging
What is Poker Vlog?
If this type of vlogging is new to you, we are happy to tell you more about it:
People who are vlogging show their regular life, traveling experiences, and routines. However, if you are a poker vlogger, then it is apparent that you are going to show your daily life as a poker player.
Usually, poker vlogs are entertaining and sometimes can be educational for beginner poker players. It depends on the content you are the most familiar with. If you are a great teacher and poker professional, you could create a perfect educational poker vlog like Doug Polk.
Here’s the deal:
If you are a professional poker player, you can easily vlog your poker game and show your techniques and experience to other starting poker players.
They are one of the most popular poker vloggers, and you can learn more about vlogging experience and poker games.
Source: Andrew Neeme
How To Film a Poker Vlog?
Before starting a poker vlog, you should know that many casinos don’t like people with cameras.
What we mean by saying this, is that if you are going to come into a casino and start pointing at people with your camera, you can get banned from that casino, that’s for sure. Well, at least at most of the casinos in the world.
It would be best if you had a technique that allows you to play the game and record your experience.
Here’s the solution:
Almost all vloggers, while sitting at the poker table and want to film action at the table, use mobile phones. Mobile phones are allowed at the table, but you need to be careful while filming with a phone.
So if you want to film a great poker vlog, follow these tips:
- You can film your daily life and your trip to any casino in your town;
- You can shoot how the casino looks like and your emotions about it;
- At the table only use mobile phones to record the game;
Lean your phone’s windshield on the poker table and set the camera so that your cards are properly seen. It may take time to learn, but this is the only way that works great when filming poker games at the casino.
- Record only cards, chips, and the entire table don’t show other people (don’t point your camera at other players’ faces).
If you are planning to record online poker tournaments at home – feel free to act as you want, but don’t forget to use a good webcam and required software to record your computer screen.
Best Cameras For Poker Vlogging
All poker cameras from this list were selected based on the experience of poker players.
1. Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra – Best Smartphone for Live Poker Vlogging
If you are looking for the best poker vlogging phone camera in 2022, then meet the Samsung S22 Ultra smartphone. Stylish with a slim design, the S22 ultra produces outstanding performance when it comes to poker vlogging.
Equipped with the same quad camera set up as the S21 Ultra but having two optical zoom cameras, the Samsung S22 Ultra has the main 108MP camera, 12MP ultra-wide which is great for low light performance and image clarity.
Aside from that, it has night mode features, which are great when shooting poker games in a low-light environment.
Of course, we can’t forget the macro mode feature that uses an ultra-wide-angle camera to capture close-up objects. There’s also the Director’s View mode that basically enables one to shoot videos via multiple cameras.
These two features are pretty helpful for poker vloggers as they get to capture detailed information at the poker table as well as shoot different players via multiple cameras. As for recording, the Samsung s22 ultra has Zoom–in MIC that focuses on the direction of the sound enabling poker vloggers to capture sound more clearly.
The battery life is not that bad as it lasts at least 12 hours on video shooting; this is enough time for vloggers to shoot a poker match without the camera’s battery dying. For storage capacity, the camera has different internal storage. However, the lack of a microSD card for internal memory expansion is a bit of a letdown especially if you are buying the 128GB RAM phone.
- Screen: 6.8″ Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz
- Chipset: Exynos 2200 (4 nm)
- Memory: 8GB RAM / 128GB, 256GB, 512GB or 1TB
- Battery: 5000mAh, non-removable
- Rear Camera 1: 10MP Telephoto
- Rear Camera 2: 108MP Wide
- Rear Camera 3: 12MP Ultrawide
- Front Camera: 40MP Wide
- Video Resolution (Rear Camera): 8K @ 24fps, 4K @ 30/60fps, 1080p @ 30/60/240fps, 720p @ 960fps.
- Video Resolution (Front Camera): 4K @ 30/60fps and 1080 @ 30fps
- Dimensions: 6.43 x 3.07 x 0.35″ (163.3 x 77.9 x 8.9 mm)
- Weight: 8.04 oz (228 g)
- Better low life performance
- Excellent image stabilization that provides smooth videos
- Great video resolution, 1080p up to 240fps
- 8K video recording with gyro-EIS support
- Different RAM options to choose from
- Average battery life
- No MicroSD card expansion
- A bit heavy to vlog with one hand for long hours
2. Apple iPhone 13 Pro – The Most Popular Device Between Poker Players
Comprising three 12MP rear cameras; the smartphone also has a 3D LiDAR scanner which makes autofocus more accurate whenever a vlogger wants to take stills of the poker items or the table.
When it comes to videos, the iPhone 13 Pro has [email protected] capabilities as well as a new cinematic mode. Interestingly, the mode uses rack focus to seamlessly shift the focus from one subject to another when capturing video, therefore, making it a must-have for poker vloggers.
Better yet, the phone supports ProRes recording in HDR is which is also a great benefit to poker vloggers since it allows greater control when editing the videos. Just keep in mind, that the ProRes doesn’t support the 128GB RAM.
What about the built-in microphones?
They are pretty good at recording any poker events or even podcasts about poker. However, for capturing clear sound you can use an external microphone.
The battery doesn’t disappoint as it lasts longer than the iPhone 12 Pro. This means it can last a day without needing to be charged. It also supports fast charging when using a Lightning to USB-C cable makes it possible to charge in just an hour.
Lastly, the phone supports 5G connectivity; this is a big plus for poker vloggers as well as other YouTubers since you get to upload videos much faster.
- Screen: 6.10″ Super Retina XDR OLED
- Chipset: Apple A15 Bionic (5nm)
- Memory: 6GB of RAM / 128/256/512GB, 1TB
- Battery: 3095 mAh
- Rear Cameras: 12 MP wide, 12 MP ultra-wide, 12 MP telephoto + TOF 3D LiDAR scanner
- Front Camera: 12 MP wide
- Video Resolution (Rear Camera): 4K at24/30/60fps or 1080p at 30/60/120/240fps
- Video Resolution (Front Camera): 4K up to 60fps or 1080p up to 120fps
- Dimensions: 5.78 x 2.81 x 0.30″ (146.7 x 71.5 x 7.7 mm)
- Weight: 7.19 oz (204 g)
- It has excellent image stabilization that provides smooth videos
- Great video performance- 4K capability
- Supports ProRes recording in HDR
- Strong battery life
- Interesting macro modes
- 4K proRes limited in 128GB
3. Canon PowerShot G7 x Mark III – Superior Camera for Poker Vlogs
It is for a big reason – the G7 x Mark III is still one of the best cameras for any kind of vlog.
The camera offers a superb AutoFocus system, a high-quality lens, robust image stabilization, and, of course, a tiltable touchscreen, which is a huge benefit for vloggers.
Besides, the G7 x Mark III makes a big step forward from its predecessor, the Mark II and offers 4K video quality and a 3.5mm port for any additional microphones.
What could you ask more for vlogging?
- Sensor: 20.1MP 1″ CMOS
- Image processor: DIGIC 8
- AF points: 31fps
- Video Resolution: 4K UHD at 30p, 25p
- Viewfinder: No
- LCD: 3″ tilting touchscreen
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Dimensions: 4.13 x 2.4 x 1.63″ (105 x 60.9 x 41.4 mm)
- Weight: 10.72 oz (304 g)
- Superior 4K video quality with excellent image stabilization
- The camera comes with a 3.5mm port to connect any additional microphones
- Tiltable touchscreen that offers great vlogging experience
- There is no electronic viewfinder
- A bit pricey for a beginner
4. Sony ZV-1 – Our Favorite Poker Vlogging Camera
Aimed squarely for all types of vlogging, poker vloggers get the opportunity to experience its amazing features while shooting a poker game or when live streaming.
With a ton of features to make poker vlogging easy, the Sony ZV-1 has a side opening swiveling touchscreen LCD display which comes in handy when composing shots in selfie mode.
Moreover, they introduced a new feature known as a product Showcase that enables vloggers to focus on the item in front of the camera. This makes it easy for poker vloggers to focus on the poker table without the camera moving to the player’s faces.
As for audio, the directional 3-capsule microphone is designed to capture clearly the vlogger’s voice while minimizing the background noise especially when live streaming. That said, you can also use an external microphone if you want to reduce any wind noise or the wind muff (dead cat) that is included with the camera.
Finally, the Sony ZV-1 offers 4K capabilities as well as a built-in ND filter which enables shooting in very bright light and in a low light setting too.
- Sensor: 20.1MP 1″ CMOS
- Image processor: BIONZ X
- AF points: 315fps
- Video Resolution: 4K UHD at 24p and 30p
- Viewfinder: None
- LCD: 3″ tilting touchscreen
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Dimensions: 1.3 x 2.36 x 1.73″ (105 x 60.0 x 43.5 mm)
- Weight: 10.37 oz (294 g)
- 4K capabilities
- Compact and lightweight- easily fits in your pocket
- Advanced video features such as Product Showcase setting
- Micro USB rather than USB-C
- Battery is a bit disappointing
5. Sony HX80/B – Best Budget Camera for Poker Vlogging
It comes in a compact design and holds a 30x Optical Zoom Lens with an EVF. The camera offers 18.2MP 1″ Exmor R CMOS sensor with 5-axis SteadyShot image stabilization.
If you have an opportunity to film the table with the camera, the Optical Zoom lens will allow you to zoom in on all the cards that are on your poker table.
The powerful BIONZ X image processor ensures that you would have the best budget and pocket-friendly camera for your poker vlogging experience.
- Sensor: 18MP 1″ Exmor R CMOS
- Lens: 30x Optical Zoom
- Screen: 3″ tilting LCD screen
- Viewfinder: no
- Burst Shooting: 10fps
- Video Resolution: Full HD 1080p
- Dimensions: 4.01 x 2.28 x 1.4″ (102 x 58 x 36 mm)
- Weight: 8.64 oz (245 g)
- The sleek and elegant body design
- Lock-on AF feature that keeps the focus in the place
- Tiltable LCD screen
- Doesn’t offer 4K video recording
- The camera doesn’t have a touchscreen
If you love playing poker why not start recording video blogs? It can be a fun way to start your YouTuber career.
However, if you want to maintain professionalism, you need to follow every casino’s rules. In this way, you will not get banned and can continue your poker vlogging.
Remember that you can’t film with the camera while you are at the table. Instead, you can use side shooting or vlog with your phone.
Besides, we have tried to help you by providing the best cameras for poker vlogging. We highly recommend recording the table with your smartphone and for side content use a camera like the Canon PowerShot G7 x Mark III or Sony ZV-1.
All options are great if you will have great audio and video quality.