TOP 5 Best Poker Vlogging Cameras [How To Film It?]
Nowadays, vlogging has unlocked a lot of opportunities for people who have hobbies and want to earn additional money.
You can easily travel the world, record your trip, do your favorite activities, engage with your audience, and earn money from YouTube.
This article is for poker players who want to record their poker vlog, but don’t know how to film it and what kind of camera they should use.
In this guide, we will help you to find out what are the best poker vlogging cameras in the market.
Table of Contents
- What is Poker Vlog?
- How To Film a Poker Vlog?
- TOP 5 Best Cameras For Poker Vlogging
- 1. Huawei P30 – Best Smartphone for Live Poker Vlogging
- 2. Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max – The Most Popular Device Between Poker Players
- 3. Canon PowerShot G7 x Mark III – Superior Camera for Poker Vlogs
- 4. Canon PowerShot G7 x Mark II – The Most Popular Poker Vlogging Camera
- 5. Sony HX80/B – Best Budget Camera for Poker Vlogging
What is Poker Vlog?
If this type of vlogging is new to you, we are happy to tell you more about it:
People who are vlogging show their regular life, traveling experiences, and routines. However, if you are a poker vlogger, then it is apparent that you are going to show your daily life as a poker player.
Usually, poker vlogs are entertaining and sometimes can be educational for beginner poker players. It depends on the content you are the most familiar with. If you are a great teacher and poker professional you could create perfect educational poker vlog as Doug Polk.
Here’s the deal:
If you are a professional poker player, you can easily vlog your poker game and show your techniques and experience to other starting poker players.
They are one of the most popular poker vloggers, and you can learn more about vlogging experience and poker games.
Source: Andrew Neeme
How To Film a Poker Vlog?
Before starting a poker vlog, you should now that many casinos don’t like people with cameras.
What we mean by saying this, that if you are going to come into a casino and start pointing at people with your camera, you can get banned from that casino, that’s for sure. Well, at least at most of the casinos in the world.
It would be best if you had a technique that allows you to play the game and record your experience.
Here’s the solution:
Almost all vloggers while sitting at the poker table and want to film action at the table use mobile phones. Mobile phones are allowed at the table, but you need to be careful while filming with a phone.
So if you want to film a great poker vlog, follow these tips:
- You can film your daily life and your trip to any casino in your town;
- You can shoot how the casino looks like and your emotions about it;
- At the table only use mobile phones to record the game;
Lean your phone’s windshield on the poker table and set the camera so that your cards are properly seen. It may take time to learn, but this is the only way that works great when filming poker games at the casino.
- Record only cards, chips, and the entire table don’t show other people (don’t point your camera at other player’s faces).
If you are planning to record online poker tournaments at home – feel free to act as you want, but don’t forget to use a good webcam and required software to record your computer screen.
TOP 5 Best Cameras For Poker Vlogging
All poker cameras from this list were selected based on the experience of poker players.
Huawei P30 - Editor's Choice
|Casino||Best Smartphone for Live Poker Vlogging|
|Casino||The Most Popular Smartphone Between Poker Players|
|Outside||Superior Camera for Poker Vlogs|
Canon PowerShot G7 x Mark II- Editor's Choice
|Outside||The Most Popular Poker Vlogging Camera|
|Outside||Best Budget Camera for Poker Vlogging|
1. Huawei P30 – Best Smartphone for Live Poker Vlogging
If your smartphone offers excellent video and audio quality – it is more than enough. For example, Huawei P30 smartphone has one of the best, if not the best, camera quality of all phones.
Here’s the deal:
The smartphone offers a tri-camera setup. It includes 40 MP wide-angle, 16 MP ultra-wide, and 8 MP telephoto sensors on the back of the smartphone. Besides, the selfie camera offers a 32 MP sensor.
Furthermore, Huawei P30 records in [email protected] resolution. In other words, it is more than enough to have great video footage.
Basically, it is more than some of the point-and-shoot cameras have. Huawei also worked on the camera’s algorithm and added an Al-powered HDR + feature. It boosts image quality when shooting in low lighting. Because most of the casinos have dark light, this feature is highly beneficial.
Some of you could ask why we haven’t selected Huawei P30 Pro, right?
Huawei P30 is lighter and more comfortable to keep it on the table and record the game.
|Huawei P30 128GB+6GB RAM (ELE-L29) 6.1" LTE Factory Unlocked GSM Smartphone (International Version)...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- Screen: 6.47″ Curved OLED
- Chipset: Kirin 980 with Dual NPU
- Memory: 8GB RAM / 128GB
- Battery: 4200mAh
- Rear Camera 1: 40MP SuperSpectrum Wide-angle
- Rear Camera 2: 20MP Ultra Wide-angle
- Rear Camera 3: 8MP Periscope 5X Optical zoom
- Front Camera: 32MP
- Video Resolution: [email protected]
- Dimensions: 6.22 x 2.88 x 8.41″ (158 x 73.4 x 8.41 mm)
- Weight: 6.7 oz (192 g)
- Incredible camera quality
- Smooth and sleek smartphone design
- Great battery life
- Strict on memory cards
2. Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max – The Most Popular Device Between Poker Players
The smartphone offers three 12MP rear cameras: a wide-angle, a 2x telephoto with a wider aperture, and an ultra-wide 120-degree field of view camera.
Besides, Apple spent a lot of time on improving video quality that could record at 4K videos up to 60fps. It offers smooth videos.
Despite the fact that the price is higher than Huawei P30, this phone is still the most popular device between poker players and vloggers
All we can say that Apple has done a great job. The iPhone 11 Pro Max comes with a dynamic range and cinematic stabilization.
- Screen: 6.5″ Super Retina XDR Display
- Chipset: A13 Bionic
- Storage: 64GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Battery: 3110 mAh
- Rear Cameras: 12 MP wide, 12 MP ultra-wide, 12 MP telephoto
- Video Resolution: 4K up to 60 fps
- Dimensions: 6.22 x 3.06 x 0.32″ (158 x 77.8 x 8.1 mm)
- Weight: 8 oz (226 g)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max comes with high-quality and bright OLED display
- The most extended battery life compared to all iPhone models
- Excellent image stabilization that provides smooth videos
- Battery could be better
3. Canon PowerShot G7 x Mark III – Superior Camera for Poker Vlogs
It is for a big reason – the G7 x Mark III is still one of the best cameras for any kind of vlog.
The camera offers a superb AutoFocus system, a high-quality lens, robust image stabilization, and, of course, a tiltable touchscreen which is a huge benefit for vloggers.
Besides, the G7 x Mark III makes a big step forward from its predecessor, the Mark II and offers 4K video quality and a 3.5mm port for any additional microphones.
What could you ask more for vlogging?
|Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III 20.1MP 4K Digital Camera (Silver) with 4.2X Optical Zoom Lens 24-100mm...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- Sensor: 20.1MP 1″ CMOS
- Image processor: DIGIC 8
- AF points: 31fps
- Video Resolution: 4K UHD at 30p, 25p
- Viewfinder: No
- LCD: 3″ tilting touchscreen
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Dimensions: 4.13 x 2.4 x 1.63″ (105 x 60.9 x 41.4 mm)
- Weight: 10.72 oz (304 g)
- Superior 4K video quality with excellent image stabilization
- The camera comes with a 3.5mm port to connect any additional microphones
- Tiltable touchscreen that offers great vlogging experience
- There is no electronic viewfinder
- A bit pricey for a beginner
4. Canon PowerShot G7 x Mark II – The Most Popular Poker Vlogging Camera
Well, if you don’t want to spend all of your money just on one poker vlogging camera, there is an excellent alternative to the previous G7 x Mark III camera. It is its’ predecessor – Canon PowerShot G7 x Mark II.
First of all:
This device is the most popular vlogging camera of all time!
It works perfectly for poker vloggers!
It comes with a 20MP CMOS sensor and a 4x Optical Zoom lens. However, you can see a minor change as the G7 x Mark II comes with a DIGIC 7 image processor that provides a faster burst shooting range.
The most significant difference that separates the G7 x Mark II from the G7 x Mark III is the video quality. Unfortunately, the Canon PowerShot G7 x Mark II doesn’t support 4K video quality. You can only get a full HD video recording that we think is also enough for today’s YouTube videos.
On the other hand, it has everything you need to film a perfectly looking vlog. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be the most popular camera, right?
|Canon PowerShot Digital Camera [G7 X Mark II] with Wi-Fi & NFC, LCD Screen, and 1-inch Sensor -...||CHECK THE PRICE|
- Sensor: 20MP 1″ CMOS sensor
- Lens: 4x Optical Zoom
- Screen: 3″ tilting touchscreen
- Viewfinder: no
- Burst Shooting: 8fps
- Autofocus: 31fps
- Video Resolution: Full HD 1080p
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi and NFC
- Dimensions: 4.2 x 2.4 x 1.7″ (105.5 x 60.9 x 42 mm)
- Weight: 11.29 oz (320 g)
- Excellent performance in low lighting conditions
- RAW shooting
- High-quality image stabilization
- Plenty of manual controls
- A touchscreen is not fully articulating
- Doesn’t support 4K video shooting
- Doesn’t have an EVF
5. Sony HX80/B – Best Budget Camera for Poker Vlogging
It comes in a compact design and holds a 30x Optical Zoom Lens with an EVF. The camera offers 18.2MP 1″ Exmor R CMOS sensor with 5-axis SteadyShot image stabilization.
If you will have an opportunity to film the table with the camera, the Optical Zoom lens will allow you to zoom-in all the cards that are on your poker table.
The powerful BIONZ X image processor ensures that you would have the best budget and pocket-friendly camera for your poker vlogging experience.
- Sensor: 18MP 1″ Exmor R CMOS
- Lens: 30x Optical Zoom
- Screen: 3″ tilting LCD screen
- Viewfinder: no
- Burst Shooting: 10fps
- Video Resolution: Full HD 1080p
- Dimensions: 4.01 x 2.28 x 1.4″ (102 x 58 x 36 mm)
- Weight: 8.64 oz (245 g)
- The sleek and elegant body design
- Lock-on AF feature that keeps the focus in the place
- Tiltable LCD screen
- Doesn’t offer 4K video recording
- The camera doesn’t have a touchscreen
If you love playing poker why not start recording video blogs? it can be a fun way to start your YouTuber career.
However, if you want to maintain professionalism, you need to follow every casino’s rules. In this way, you will not get banned and can continue your poker vlogging.
Remember that you can’t film with the camera while you are at the table. Instead, you can use side shooting or vlog with your phone.
Besides, we have tried to help you by providing the best cameras for poker vlogging. We highly recommend to record the table with your smartphone and for a side content to use a camera like the Canon PowerShot G7 x Mark III.
All options are great if you will have great audio and video quality.