TOP 10 Best DSLR Vlogging Cameras for YouTube in 2019
Needless to say that if you want to reach success in vlogging niche – the camera is a necessary equipment, correct?
I reviewed TOP 10 best DSLR vlogging cameras in 2019 to boost your YouTube channel grow rate.
Good quality vlogs with amazing content should be the key, right?
- For the uninitiated, vlog refers to a video blog which contains embedded videos along with text, images, and other metadata to attract visitors to your blog.
- For professional vloggers, it is important to have professional video cameras to shoot and post quality video content.
It is a reason why you need a dedicated and reliable camera for your content!
While you were looking for a best DSLR camera for your vlog – we have enlisted various aspects of DSLRs under each product.All DSLR cameras from this list were tested by vlogtribe.com editors.
Table of Contents
- What is a DSLR Camera?
- Benefits of a DSLR Camera
- TOP 10 Best DSLR Vlogging Cameras in 2019
- 1. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV – Best DSLR Vlogging Camera for YouTube Videos in 2019 🏆
- 2. Nikon D850 – The Best Full Frame DSLR Camera
- 3. Nikon D750 – A DSLR Camera with Impressive Build Quality
- 4. Canon EOS 80D – The Best DSLR Camera for High-Resolution Images
- 5. Canon EOS 6D Mark II – A DSLR Camera with an Attractive Design
- 6. Canon EOS 7D Mark II – Amazing Choice for Vloggers and even Photographers
- 7. Canon EOS Rebel T7i – The Best Entry Level DSLR Camera
- 8. Nikon D3400 w – Best Budget DSLR Vlogging Camera in 2019 (Under $500)
- 9. Canon EOS Rebel T6 – One of the Best Budget DSLR Camera with Powerful Image Processor
- 10. Nikon D5300 – Value for Money DSLR Camera (Around $400)
What is a DSLR Camera?
DSLR cameras stand for Digital Single Lens Reflex Cameras.
- These cameras feature a mirror inside the camera body that reflects the light that is coming from the lens on to an optical viewfinder using a prism which is usually found in high-end DSLRs or a collection of additional mirrors.
- In a DSLR when the click button is pressed, the mirror moves out of the way and the shutter opens. The light coming from the lens of the camera hits at the imaging sensor where a photograph is formed.
- When compared to point and shoot cameras, DSLRs allow you to view the scene in real time that you are going to shoot in the optical viewfinder.
- Moreover, DSLRs have powerful batteries that make them the ideal choice for vloggers who require shooting for longer periods of time!
Benefits of a DSLR Camera
Now that you know about the working of a DSLR, you must be thinking about the benefits that a DSLR brings with itself. So, here are 4 main benefits that you will enjoy if you own a DSLR:
Minimal Lag Time:
The presence of an optical viewfinder in DSLR allows you to snap a picture as soon as you click the shutter button without any lag time. Moreover, the optical viewfinder is also helpful in situations where bright sunlight makes it nearly impossible to use an LCD screen to see the scene you are going to shoot.
Fast Frame Rates:
If you want to shoot a fast-moving object, there is no option than to shoot it using a DSLR. Rapid frame rate and high-speed autofocus allow you to capture objects quickly. This is the reason why people who shoot sports events, wildlife, or real-life situations where you have to track fast-moving objects, use a DSLR for it.
Excellent Image Quality:
Owing to a large CMOS sensor and an advanced image processor, the images clicked from a DSLR are of high quality when shot in different situations and settings. DSLRs do not compromise in terms of image quality and, therefore, if you want to capture your memories, DSLR should be your ideal choice.
There are DSLRs of numerous brands, and this gives you a wide range of options to choose from. You can select a DSLR according to your requirement. If you are a vlogger, you can choose the best DSLR clogging camera from a large number of options that you have in the market.
TOP 10 Best DSLR Vlogging Cameras in 2019
Here is a list of the TOP 10 best DSLR vlogging cameras that you must consider:
|Name||Flip Screen||Mic. Jack||Video Resolution||Check|
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV - Editor's Choice
|No||Yes||4K Ultra HD|
|No||Yes||4K Ultra HD|
1. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV – Best DSLR Vlogging Camera for YouTube Videos in 2019 🏆
Equipped with a large number of features, the digital SLR offers excellent 4K video recording capabilities and high-resolution stills.
The camera is also equipped with a new image sensor, so the camera promises remarkable image quality.
Let us have a look at the different aspects of the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR camera.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Camera Features:
The camera also has a 61 point AF system with 41 cross points for expanded vertical coverage along with 4K recording capabilities at 30p or 24p. Additionally, the ISO range of the camera lies between 100 and 32000 and can be expanded to 50-102400.
It also has level battery indicator provided on the top of LCD and you can check the specific battery percentage in the battery information menu.
- Full frame sensor
- Touchscreen LCD
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- The frame rate could be higher
- Limited 4K video options
Canon 5D Mark IV is a great camera with some really outstanding that are not found in other DSLRs. If you have the budget and want a quality product, it should be your first and foremost choice for amazing content quality.
2. Nikon D850 – The Best Full Frame DSLR Camera
With remarkable light gathering efficiency, faster data readout, and excellent image quality, it is one of the best in its segment.
Nikon D850 Camera Features:
Moreover, this camera is built from magnesium alloy, the chassis of the camera exudes a premium feel and its rugged design makes it perfect for difficult shooting conditions.
- A 45.7-megapixel sensor
- Fast viewfinder autofocus
- Rear thumb operated sub-selector
- Excellent battery life
- The absence of phase detection AF in live view
- Lack of options in touchscreen operation
- No built-in GP
Nikon 850 offers a combination of excellent sensor, resolution speed, image quality, and performance. It is an excellent option for those who choose DSLRs over mirrorless cameras.
3. Nikon D750 – A DSLR Camera with Impressive Build Quality
The camera has a large number of features and offers exceptional image quality.
Nikon D750 Camera Features:
Nikon has paid complete attention to placing of buttons on the camera to make it highly ergonomic in design. Moreover, the tilting LCD screen further contributes to the impressive design.
- Sturdy build quality
- Excellent battery life
- Remarkable image quality
- Limited buffer capacity
- Slightly overexposed photographs
- Narrow focus point
- AF is slow in live view
Nikon D750 is one of the best DSLR cameras when it comes to video recording capabilities and an improved autofocus system. When combined with the other features of the camera, it is definitely worth buying DSLR.
4. Canon EOS 80D – The Best DSLR Camera for High-Resolution Images
Furthermore, the camera is equipped with all the necessary features that you want by choosing the most suitable DSLR vlogging camera.
Canon EOS 80D Camera Features:
- Excellent customization facilities
- Touchscreen LCD screen
- Articulating LCD screen
- Excellent ergonomic design
- Similarly shaped buttons lead to confusion
- Only one card slot
- No 4k Video recording capabilitie
Canon EOS 80D is a solid camera with a long list of features. However, the absence of 4K recording makes it less favorable amongst other DSLRs featured in this list.
5. Canon EOS 6D Mark II – A DSLR Camera with an Attractive Design
The camera features the latest Dual Pixel Technology that delivers an excellent result.
Let’s check the main features of Canon EOS 6D Mark II camera.
Canon EOS 6D Mark II Camera Features:
- Ample of connectivity options
- Excellent ISO performance
- 6.5fps burst shoot feature
- Improved video stabilization feature
- Less low ISO dynamic range
- Slow burst shooting with autofocus when shot in live view
- No headphone port
Canon EOS 6D Mark II is a classic canon DSLR that comes equipped with a lot of features but at the same time has certain flaws as well. Being a Canon product, performance is undoubtedly one of the best in its segment.
6. Canon EOS 7D Mark II – Amazing Choice for Vloggers and even Photographers
Despite the fact that I listed this camera just in 6th place, but for vlogging, there are very few cameras that can compete with Canon 7D Mark II at all.
Let’s check Canon EOS 7D features.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Camera Features:
The Wi-Fi connection allows you to transfer the shot photographs and recorded videos to other device and you can also control the camera remotely. Additionally, the built-in GPS has been provided for geotagging pictures.
- Fats autofocus feature
- Supports .MOV and .MP4 video files
- Dual focus autofocus for video and live view
- Excellent weather sealing
- Base ISO not up to the mark
- Absence of touchscreen
- No AutoFocus with continuous shooting in live view
Canon EOS 7D Mark II is a feature-rich DSLR camera that is best suited for vloggers and other professionals. With this, canon has promised to deliver excellent image quality and has provided a lot of customizability options to photographers.
7. Canon EOS Rebel T7i – The Best Entry Level DSLR Camera
It gets even better:
This entry-level DSLR camera has impressed photographers with its fantastic performance and presence of different features for vlogging also!
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Camera Features:
- Dual Pixel AF for excellent video recording
- Remarkable battery life
- Guided menu for amateurs and beginners
- Excellent RAW and JPEG image quality
- Small viewfinder
- The absence of 4K video recording
- Not many options in direct access controls
Canon EOS 7D Mark II is a feature-rich DSLR camera that is best suited for vloggers and other professionals. With this, canon has promised to deliver excellent image quality and has provided a lot of customizability options to photographers
8. Nikon D3400 w – Best Budget DSLR Vlogging Camera in 2019 (Under $500)
Nikon D3400 is the Best budget DSLR vlogging camera that you would want if you are planning to purchase DSLR camera under $500.
Nikon D3400 is equipped with all the features and also deliver amazing results in the form of high-resolution photographs in even low light.
Nikon D3400 w Camera Features:
- No optical low pass filter
- In-built Bluetooth connectivity feature
- Excellent battery performance
- Affordable price
- The absence of built-in sensor cleaning
- Slow live view autofocus
- Limited AF coverage
Nikon D3400 is the first choice of most of the photographers and vloggers who are getting used to DSLR. The camera is packed with features and delivers excellent results for its price!
9. Canon EOS Rebel T6 – One of the Best Budget DSLR Camera with Powerful Image Processor
The camera is meant for first time ILC users and those who want more than just a point and shoot camera.
Let’s analyze the main features of this camera.
Canon EOS Rebel T6 Camera Features:
- Efficient control layout
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC for photo sharing
- A poor quality kit lens
- Absence of touchscreen
- A limited high ISO range
Canon EOS 7D Mark II is a feature-rich DSLR camera that is best suited for vloggers and other professionals. With this, canon has promised to deliver excellent image quality and has provided a lot of customizability options to photographers for incredibly low price.
10. Nikon D5300 – Value for Money DSLR Camera (Around $400)
Nikon has brought many considerable changes in D5300 when compared to its predecessor.
All in all – you can purchase Nikon D5300 DSLR camera for around $400 or sometimes even for $300!
Nikon D5300 Camera Features:
- Impressive image quality
- Articulating LCD screen
- Customizable Fn button
- Affordable price
- Lag in magnified live view
- Lack of Bluetooth connection
Nikon D5300 is worth considering the option if you want to purchase something that delivers excellent results but is not meant for professionals. It is a valuable DSLR with some great features.
When it comes to shopping a DSLR, especially for vlogging, you have to ensure that the camera serves the purpose with its features. Most of DSLR cameras have a flip screen which make a huge difference for vlogging!
We hope that our review on the list of the top 10 best DSLR vlogging cameras must have helped you in choosing the best DSLR vlogging camera for yourself!
Hi! Glad you visit my Blog! My name is Glen Beker and I’m 100% of time Blogger and Video Editor from Germany, but most of my time I do live and work in the United States.
I spend a lot of my time by editing various video blogs (vlogs) and giving editing and vlogging advises to many starting vloggers from all over the World!
If you want to consult with me about vlogging – feel free to contact with me!