How many game lovers do we have in our community?
This article will be dedicated to all gaming lovers and we made a completed review of the TOP 10 best cameras for gaming videos and gamers in 2023.
There are a lot of gamers that like to play the most popular games, do live-stream sessions and upload videos to their YouTube channel.
It is not a secret that you need to start looking for a good quality camera for gaming to produce high-level gaming vlogs.
The fact is that YouTube gamers are very popular and make a decent amount of money from their full-time game streaming. We have PewDiePie, VanossGaming, and VEGETTA777 as an example.
If you are interested in what type of cameras YouTube gamers are mostly using for their videos and streaming sessions, this article will give you all the necessary information and an unbiased review.
Table of Contents
- Best Cameras for Gaming
- 6 Best Webcams for Gaming
- 1. Elgato Facecam – Best Webcam for Gaming
- 2. Razer Kiyo Pro – Best Gaming Webcam in Low Light
- 3. Logitech C922x – Best Budget Web Camera for Gaming
- 4. Logitech BRIO – Best Camera for Professional Live Streaming
- 5. Logitech C920S – Premium Quality Webcam for YouTube or Twitch Gamers
- 6. Insta360 Link – Best Gaming Camera for Laptop Users
- 4 Best Cameras for Gaming
- How to Choose the Right Camera for Gaming?
Best Cameras for Gaming
6 Best Webcams for Gaming
1. Elgato Facecam – Best Webcam for Gaming
To our editor’s mind, Elgato Facecam is the best web camera for gaming in 2023.
The Elgato Facecam is an in-demand webcam for hardcore streamers and gamers nowadays. Despite the fact that this web camera is bigger and feels heavier in comparison with most other web gaming cameras, but the video quality makes up for everything.
Here’s the deal:
Elgato Facecam doesn’t have a built-in microphone, so make sure that you have an external mic for top sound quality.
To be honest, most of the built-in microphones don’t have great sound quality, and here you can see that the developers of the camera paid all attention to the video quality.
Despite lacking a microphone, this webcam for gaming offers the exceptional benefit of manual exposure controls. Plus, it captures quality, professional-looking snaps with the proper lighting. It basically lives up to its name — “facecam.”
You can easily connect your Facecam to various gaming consoles or PC. However, it’s incompatible with the XBox Series X, S, One X, and One S.
- Dimensions – The Elgato Facecam is quite large for a web camera. It’s a 3.1” x 1.9” x 2.3” box that you can screw a tripod directly on or mount on your monitor through a much smaller mount included in the package. The gaming camera weighs 96 grams or 0.21 pounds without the support and the privacy cap.
- Microphone Type – Unfortunately, Facecam doesn’t have a microphone. If you’re looking for a high-quality microphone to pair with Facecam, you may check Elgato’s Wave:3.
- Recording – Like most webcams made for streaming, Elgato Facecam offers up to 1080p resolution quality at 60 frames per second. If you wish to film on smaller windows for YouTube and Twitch, this is more than enough. It also delivers a clear, detailed concept with a smooth, natural motion making your streaming and gaming video even better.
- Lens and Sensor Type – The Elgato Facecam has a fixed focus of a 24mm lens. It also has an app that informs you of your ISO levels while streaming. Moreover, the image and video quality produced by this gaming camera is high across most scenarios, especially in better lighting.
The Elgato Facecam operates through USB 3.0 connectivity. Ensure you have the latest driver provided by your notebook or motherboard manufacturer for the USB 3.0 controller.
- Robust image quality with the proper lighting
- Fixed focus lens
- Manual exposure controls
- With an app that displays ISO levels
- Top notch video quality
- No built-in microphone
The Elgato Facecam is your best bet if you are trying to create amazing streaming sessions on YouTube or Twitch. However, you’ll have to spend extra if you want a microphone because this camera does not have one. It’s also a bit heavier than other web cameras on this list, but it shouldn't be a problem, because the difference is not major as you might think, but the quality of videos is on the next level. Definitely the best gaming webcam in 2023.
2. Razer Kiyo Pro – Best Gaming Webcam in Low Light
Numerous latest features on the Kiyo Pro make it enticing to a majority of office professionals, game streamers, and even amateur filmmakers.
The Razer Kiyo Pro might be your best choice if you wish for a jack-of-all-trades webcam. It operates with clear audio and impressive video recordings — especially in a low-light setting. Moreover, it corrects your natural skin tone, ensuring you won’t look pale or washed out.
Moreover, it looks like that Razer created and dedicated this camera to gamers and streamers because of amazing video quality and compatibility with most streaming software.
The Razer Kiyo Pro can do what is ideal for gamers and streamers. It’s a premium web camera with 60fps speed at Full HD, suitable for advanced and new users.
On a side note, there might be slight stuttering issues while using the cam at the highest setting. But we haven’t noticed it yet.
- Dimensions – The Razer Kiyo Pro weighs 6.9 ounces (195 g) with a similar circular design as the original Kiyo. It is 2.71” x 2.71” and 1.91” in size and has a plastic clip system allowing you to choose however you want to mount it in your setup.
- Microphone Type – It’s fantastic that Razer significantly improved its built-in microphones compared to the original Kiyo. You can even use your Kiyo Pro as the default microphone device for your computer.
- Recording – With your Kiyo Pro, you can record a 1080p video of up to 60 and 30 frames per second on HDR. It also has a 103-degree field of view, with digitally cropped angles of 80 and 90 degrees.
- Lens and Sensor Type – Kiyo Pro combines an intense, sensitive sensor and wide aperture lens. This means you won’t need the ring light like the former model. It definitely justifies the increased price of the Pro!
The back of the Kiyo Pro has a USB-C port for connection purposes. Razor doesn’t recommend using USB 2.0 cables as it supports fewer resolutions for some video formats.
- HDR capabilities
- Switches up to three fields of view presets
- Clear microphone
- Fine exposure, even in low light
- Occasional problems with autofocus at a higher setting
The Razer Kiyo Pro gaming camera is an excellent option for streamers staying in a low-light room. It corrects your skin tone, ensuring you won’t look washed out. Also, the video quality is amazing too and reminds a professional camera. However, there are some issues like stuttering, so make sure to watch out for that. Additionally, Razer software is not the best and not the most comfortable to use.
3. Logitech C922x – Best Budget Web Camera for Gaming
If you are looking for the best gaming cameras under $100, it could be your choice.
It has the ability to film in Full HD quality, and it is suitable if you are planning to use it for YouTube game streaming, video conferencing, or any other social occasion.
The webcam provides excellent autofocus, so you have a sharp and clear frame. You can even film in low-lighting conditions as this webcam is fully capable of adjusting to all lighting conditions.
Here’s the deal:
You can either pick the Logitech C922x or go with the C922 for your game streaming as both are great webcams.
Just know that although the C922 and C922x have the same features, the C922 includes a tripod while C922x does not.
With the Full HD 1080p at 30fps, the Logitech C922 webcam is entirely suitable for high-quality gaming. Also, it has a feature that allows you to change the background. However, you need to install an app called “Chromacam,” which enables you to change the background without having a green screen.
If you do decide to buy a green screen make sure you also purchase a long USB wire (USB-B to USB-mini) since the camera’s cable is somewhat short.
Unfortunately, when it comes to Chromacam, there are some complaints that the app crashes when you want to use it. On the other hand, if it doesn’t crash, it has a watermark limitation and just provides standard image background, unlike a green screen.
Furthermore, the built-in microphone hasn’t really improved much from the C922. Therefore for clear audio when streaming or recording you should invest in an external microphone.
Another concern is that you will have to adjust your camera settings every time you restart your computer or run OBS or whatever programs you are using. The reason behind this is that the camera settings always go back to default when the camera is unplugged.
Most streamers and gamers with who we have talked agree that this camera is the best budget camera for gaming in 2023.
- Dimensions – The Logitech C922x has a dimension of 2.8″ x 1.71″ x 3.74″ and weights 5.7 oz / 162 g (With Clip and Cable). Regularly shaped and black in color like all other Logitech webcams, the C922x easily clips on your monitor. Though it doesn’t come with a tripod, the connected folding arm enables it to sit anywhere.
- Microphone Type – Built-in Dual Stereo each trained directionally to allow stereophonic recording. The sound quality is quite good when video conferencing but for streaming and recording, we suggest using an external microphone.
- Recording – Full HD 1080p 30fps or 60fps per second in 720p while applying the low correction. This means the video will automatically adjust to the available light thus making the video quality a minor upgrade from the C920.
- Lens and Sensor Type – Full HD Glass Lens, great autofocus, and a 78-degree field of view which is more than enough to squeeze in a second person when on video calls. The wide-angle lens sits in the middle boarded by the stereoscopic microphones on either side.
- Diagonal Field of View – 78° horizontal.
Similar to other Logitech webcams, the C922x is compatible with Windows 7 or higher, macOS X 10.9 and higher, Google Chrome OS, Android 5.0 (lollipop), Xbox One.
- A very simple design
- Able to film in low-light conditions clearly
- The webcam is affordable according to its quality
- Full HD video quality
- Free XSplit license
- Offer background replacement technology
- Doesn’t support 4K
- Doesn’t have built-in flash or Bluetooth
- Cannot easily connect two of these cameras on the same PC
- No privacy cover
Overall, the Logitech C922 camera really does the job by streaming gaming videos at Full HD quality. It is affordable, super easy to set up and as a result, new YouTubers and gamers can easily invest some coin into great equipment.
4. Logitech BRIO – Best Camera for Professional Live Streaming
Are you ready to deliver a better gaming experience to your followers?
Then go for the Logitech BRIO. A nice upgrade from the C922, the BRIO camera is smooth with great focus and contrast in terms of color and lightning.
Undeniably expensive, the camera comes with a few features popular with gamers and vloggers.
One of them is the easy-to-use privacy filter that is ideal for security-minded users. You only need to snap it on and flip up the shield and you are good to go.
What’s more, apart from working perfectly with Zoom and OBS, the Logitech BRIO works great with virtual backgrounds and green screens which is better than the C920.
The Logitech BRIO is a perfect camera for gaming, with responsive autofocus and a crystal-clear picture – if you remember to use good lighting, which is essential for any webcam.
The camera also boasts background removal which is truly appealing to streamers. Nevertheless, be aware that you need to download the ChromaCam software for background removal on your PC.
As for other features, the clip perfectly sticks on top of different devices like the LCD monitor, tablet, notebook, or even a tabletop which is every gamer’s hope.
The quality of the video is fantastic especially if you are using OBS for streaming or screencasting.
- Dimensions – The Logitech BRIO weighs 2.2 ounces (62.4g) and measures 4.0 x 1.0 x 1.0 inches. Made with a sleek design, the webcam has a fully adjustable metal stand that enables you to clip the webcam on top of your monitor.
- Microphone Type – Considering its users, the Logitech BRIO Ultra has two built-in omnidirectional microphones which do a very good job when it comes to gaming. For more serious streaming or, vlogging you definitely need to grab yourself a dedicated external microphone.
- Recording – The BRIO is capable of streaming at up to 4K Ultra HD resolution. Nonetheless, if you want to use the 4K capability you will need to equip yourself with a powerful computer. This way you will get resolution at 4K Ultra HD at 30 frames per second or 1080p Full HD at 30 or 60 frames per second.
- Lens and Sensor Type – With Logitech BRIO being a high-end webcam, the lens is made of glass. Moreover, the webcam comes with three fields of view settings. One of the options is the 90 degrees field view, the 78 degrees and 65 degrees respectively. The good news is that you can use all three different fields of view to frame your videos without losing the quality of the video.
Just like other Logitech cameras, the Logitech BRIO is compatible with Windows 7 or higher, macOS 10.10 or higher, Chrome OS 29.0.1547.70, and higher.
There is Google Chromebook™ Version 29.0.1547.70, Platform 4319.79.0 with: 2.4 GHz Intel® Core 2 Duo processor 2 GB RAM.
Remember, you need more hard drive space for recorded videos USB 2.0 port (USB 3.0 ready)
Note that, it also can work as a face detection device on Windows 10 for unlocking your computer through Windows Hello.
- Adjustable field of view
- It has a private shutter
- The camera is simple to install and uses a durable USB Type C to USB 3.0 cord
- Plug and play, easy to use,
- It has a nice weight to give it a premium feel and look.
- 4K resolution video quality
- You must have a USB 3.0 port on your computer in order to use the 4k features
- Lacks optical zoom
Although it is undeniably expensive, the Logitech BRIO does try to live up to its name. Competing with other high-end webcams, the 4K capabilities, privacy cover, as well as unmatched video quality, your gaming experience will never be the same.
5. Logitech C920S – Premium Quality Webcam for YouTube or Twitch Gamers
The Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 is a great piece that can be added to your YouTube gamer equipment.
The webcam is equipped with an incredible autofocus feature and a low-light correction option so that you will be seen clearly in any condition.
Known to record perfectly thanks to its glass lens that produces superior video quality sadly, the camera has almost the same features and specifications as the C920 model.
For instant, the maximum frame rate of the two webcams is 30fps. The field of view for both cameras is the same (78o) and even the weight and cable length are similar among other features.
Note that, the only difference is the privacy shutter in the C920s that you can use when you don’t want to record any video as well as for privacy.
This Logitech C920S webcam is fully suitable for YouTube gamers because of its great video and audio quality and ability to record in Full HD quality.
In Addition, the webcam will easily clip onto your monitor or a tripod (though no tripod is included in the purchase you can still use a regular tripod).
As for the microphone, they are decent compared to other cameras even with a bit of background noise from the kids or pets.
Having said that, for crystal clear sound, it is best you invest in a dedicated microphone.
- Dimensions – Identical to the C920, when it comes to design, the C920S has a dimension of 1 x 3.7 x 2.8 inches and weighs 162 grams.
- Microphone Type – Built-in Dual Stereo that delivers your voice clearly while video calling even with a bit of background noise. That said, just like the C920, it won’t hurt to have an external microphone nearby for serious streaming.
- Recording – Full HD 1080p 30fps. Unfortunately, the camera does struggle in a dimly lit room but you can change this by using a light theme i.e. white background, black text. This technique will enable the camera to pick your face in a dark room with no extra light source.
- Lens and Sensor Type – Full HD Glass Lens with swift autofocus during streaming and video calls. The 78° horizontal field-of-view is wide enough to fit you and your co-worker in the frame which is a great benefit for office purposes.
It perfectly works with all Windows releases, Mac OS 10.6 and up, Xbox One, plus perfectly supports the main software like Skype, Google Hangouts, and FaceTime for Mac. Furthermore, it works on Linux using the UVC driver.
- Support Full HD video
- Low-light correction
- Dual microphone with noise reduction
- Great image quality and autofocus
- Lights up when in use thus enabling you to know when you are recording
- Comes with a flip-up lens cover to safeguard you from accidentally recording
- The price is a bit high for new gamers
If you are thinking about investing more in your YouTube gamer career, then this webcam is a great idea. It provides you with all the features that you are looking for in a webcam: great audio and video quality, super autofocus and connectivity
6. Insta360 Link – Best Gaming Camera for Laptop Users
The Insta360 Link is on the list of the most lightweight web cameras for gaming and streaming on the market. It is beneficial if you’re playing or streaming on your laptop.
Despite its weightless feature, Insta360 Link has numerous advanced hardware.
For starters, it has built-in privacy protection and detects inactivity. Within ten seconds, your Insta360 Link’s 3-axis gimbal lens will automatically shift downwards to safeguard your privacy. Another thing is its intelligent noise-cancellation feature which is really superb feature for gamers and streamers.
Insta360 Link is a web camera with excellent quality for game streaming. It operates in 1080p resolution and an additional Ultra HD 4K for a higher resolution option.
Moreover, it has its own strand – tripod, so you don’t need to mount it on the top of the monitor screen.
- Dimensions – Insta360 Link is one of the lightest webcams, weighing only 3.73 ounces (105 g). Its dimensions are 65 x 35 x 45 mm, living up to its small but terrible feature.
- Microphone Type – You wouldn’t have to worry about letting your voice be heard by anyone, as Insta360 Link has an intelligent noise cancellation feature. Moreover, its built-in microphone automatically amplifies your voice.
- Recording – Like most webcams, Insta360 Link operates in 1080p resolution. However, what makes them stand out is they also offer an Ultra HD 4K resolution. This allows your viewers to see a more realistic version of your face.
- Lens and Sensor Type – Insta360 Link has a wide aperture lens at f/1.8, allowing more light in. It provides you with crisper shots with true-to-life colors. Additionally, it has a ½ inch 4K sensor for higher image quality.
You can connect the Insta360 Link to your computer through USB-C to USB-C cord or via Type-C to Type-A adapter.
- Amazing video quality
- Detects inactivity
- Great design
- Usually updating software
- AI zoom features are jumpy
Insta360 Link webcam are for streamers who want to focus more on privacy concerns or looking for a camera that could be placed anywhere easily. That's a great feature for laptop users. Aside from a superb resolution of up to 1080p, it is lightweight and has a built-in microphone that can amplify your voice. The AI zoom features, however, are a bit jumpy sometimes!
4 Best Cameras for Gaming
We talked about the best web cameras for gaming and now it is time to check high-quality professional cameras for filming and streaming games on any kind of streaming platform.
Without a doubt, before using one of these cameras for gaming and streaming, make sure you have the right tripod for the camera to hold above your monitor.
1. Sony A7 III – Best Gaming Camera for Blurred Background
Sony A7 III is a full-frame mirrorless camera jam-packed with impressive video features such as UHD 4k video at 30fps, excellent low light performance, and in-body image stabilization.
The Sony A7 III shows off a 42-megapixel sensor combined with a BIONZ X image processor to record videos at UHD 4K resolution up to 30fps.
It offers an HLG and S-Log 3 gamma profiles for a more dynamic range for color toning in the post-production stage.
Constantly compared to the a6400, the SonyA7III is perfect for beginners as well as semi-pro streamers as well as vloggers.
The reason behind this is that apart from their price range, both cameras can shoot 1080p 120fps and have a 4K option (in 24 or 30fps).
What’s more impressive is the Sony A7III has greatly improved from the previous a7 series cameras. From the battery life, autofocusing capabilities as well as other improved features, this camera does top it off as one of the best cameras for gaming.
Note that, since it has so many menu systems options and customization involved, the camera can be a bit overwhelming at first to use.
Sony A7 III autofocus system yields a 693-point phase-detection and contrast-detection area, which makes it works perfectly in low-light conditions and maintains focus on subjects more accurately.
With the Sony A7 III reputation for its superior image quality partnered with an advanced and reliable autofocus system, Sony A7 III will undoubtedly be a top choice for professional live streamers on Twitch and YouTube.
Sony finally surprises video vloggers with its 5-axis in-Body Image Stabilization inside Sony A7 III. This Steadyshot minimizes the appearance of camera jitters, effectively producing stable footage with minimal distortion artifacts. A feature perfect for live streamers who often walk and talk while shooting.
- Dimensions – Sony A7 III weighs 650 g (1.4 lb) and measures 5.0 x 3.8 x 2.8 inches with a high-rigidity magnesium alloy body design, making it comfortable to carry through different locations.
- Microphone Type – It has a built-in AC3, Dolby Digital 2ch, Linear PCM stereo microphone that gives your videos clear audio quality. On the other hand, it comes with a silent shutter mode which is great when you want to be inconspicuous.
- Recording – Sony A7 III can record 4K UHD video with the full width of its sensor and stream in 1080p at 60fps. It can record externally 10-bit 4:2:2 color for over an hour. It can continuously shoot up to 8fps in the “live-view” mode with minimal lag on the screen or the viewfinder. Gamers can review their videos on compatible TV with an HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) picture profile available on Sony A7 III that supports Instant HDR workflow.
- Lens and Sensor Type – Sony A7 III features a brand new 12.1MP back-illuminated sensor that makes it the best low-light 4k camera. This sensor makes Sony A7 III records for a prolonged period and can identify subjects in low-light conditions with low sensitivity. Notably, when it comes to its sensor, the A7III doesn’t have an anti-alias filter making it no different from the Nikon D800 and D800E.
Sony A7 III comes with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC allowing you to record and stream simultaneously.
Sony improved its connection ports, making it more appealing for video streaming, including a full-sized HDMI port, both USB-C and micro-USB port present, and both headphones and microphone sockets. Sony A7 III is almost creating abuzz as a great live stream camera when connecting it to a computer via the USB-C port.
- The excellent image stabilization system
- It has a different interchangeable lens
- Top recording quality
- No overheating issues
- Amazing lowlight perfomance which is better than Sony A9 and A7RIII
- Sharpness loss when shooting at 120fps
- Touchscreen limitations can only be used for focusing
- Doesn’t come with a charger although you can purchase a dual charger for less than $50
Sony A7 III jam-packed with video-centric features is a decent camera to consider for new gamers and live streamers stepping up from using a webcam or smartphone for video streaming.
2. Panasonic Lumix GH5 – Best Video Quality for Gaming Streaming Sessions
Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 is redesigned to offer best-in-its-class video and photo performance in a compact package.
That is more appealing for professional videographers, such as streaming 4k DCI videos up to 30fps with no recording time limit, 5-axis image stabilization.
Those are really great specifications for gamers and streamers, right?
The GH5 is a great improvement from the GH4 and GH3 which lacks stabilization.
What’s more, the camera has no overheating issues thus enabling gamers to use it 24/7. The fold-out screen is amazing too since it will give the gamers the chance to tilt the camera either way they like.
Don’t forget, the GH5 is also appealing for other purposes as you will have the ability to control the camera from your phone via Wi-Fi.
This is perfect especially when it is mounted to a gimbal.
A significant upgrade of GH5 that gamers and live-streamers appreciate much, is the integration of a 5-axis stabilization system.
It makes it handy for room-lit lighting conditions and hand-held live-streaming videos.
The Lumix Tether for Streaming (Beta) included in Lumix GH5 enables webcam functionality via its USB connection port. This app removed disable all the highlights of Lumix GH5 as a fantastic camera since this will disable the use of focus points, zebra lines, or menus.
Another disappointing news is it only works with the Windows operating system, so MAC OS users might have to wait for the beta system’s upgrade.
Another downside of using GH5 as a webcam is it is very challenging to sync your audio and video. But for this to be of use for live-streaming, it can change create a bokeh-filled background that helps you stand out in your live-stream videos.
The GH5 offers a 225-point autofocus system with a customizable option that allows you to control the speed of how the camera will focus on its subjects. A handy feature for shooting gameplay sessions.
- Dimensions – The GH5 weighs 1.6 lbs (725 g) and has a premium body built with an upgraded rubber grip for comfort and security. With a hefty body and lens put together, you will notice that your wrist hurts after long hours of shooting with GH5.
- Microphone Type – It comes with a built-in microphone that delivers decent sound but is prone to wind noise. It revised its audio system by detecting operational noise and omitting it from the audio feed it gains from its small microphone. The built-in camera mic is only good enough for sound syncing. So the reason why Panasonic decided to include a 3.5mm Mic Jack with Line input for better audio quality for your live-stream videos.
- Recording – The headline feature of Lumix GH5 is its capacity to record 4K videos up to 60fps with no pixel binning and with the full width of the sensor. In simple terms, there is no cropping when recording 4K videos. It can record 1080p videos up to 180fps. Internal recording creates an 8-bit 4:2:0 IBP encoding format up to 150Mbps. In contrast, it can also output 10-bit 4:2:2 externally from a recorder that ensures that no quality be compensated when you used the standard compression technologies of an ordinary camera. With 150mps data bit-rate, it ensures that you can have the highest quality of 4K video.
- Lens and Sensor Type – The GH5 comes with a 20MP Micro Four Thirds sensor responsible for 4K videos up to 60fps and sharp images.
Its live streaming software is only available for Windows.
It can wirelessly connect through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity using the Panasonic Image App, allowing you to control some camera settings through your paired smart devices remotely. It will enable the easy transfer of images and videos to your laptop/mobile devices.
It includes an HDMI port for 4K output, microphone, headphones, and USB-C ports.
Panasonic GH5 completes the mandatory requirement for streaming, such as HDMI port, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connection, making it live-streaming a piece of cake for its video-centric features.
- Optional Log gamma profile for video
- Dual UHS-II card slots
- Amazing video quality – superb
- TOP class image stabilization
- Fully Articulating Touch Screen
- Great Ergonomics
- Great Battery Life
- Viewfinder resolution drop during high-speed bursts
- Autofocus in the video not so accurate
The GH5 proves its superiority with its spectacular video features perfect for professional video streamers willing to spend much on an excellent piece of equipment. This camera can deliver almost everything at a better phase, which makes it worth it. If you have a decent budget and want to upgrade your streaming gear - this camera is really one of the best for gaming and streaming your sessions online!
3. Panasonic Lumix G7 – Best Professional Budget-Friendly Camera for Gaming
Panasonic Lumix G7 is rated as a real multimedia camera that produces high-resolution video capabilities both in photos and videos for an affordable price!
Boasting the highest image quality among all Panasonic cameras, the Lumix G7 autofocus operates in video mode it’s a little slow.
This simply means video recording of things moving towards or away from you isn’t recommended.
Luckily the G7 camera suits gamers and vloggers that are well-versed with advanced photography and are into streaming videos for YouTube.
Offering plenty of options in manual mode and a ton of features, the G7 is one of a kind professional budget-friendly camera for gaming.
That said, if you are looking for a mirrorless camera that could be used for streaming and gaming, this is one of the best choices in 2023.
With Panasonic Lumix G7, your video quality might gain an impressive blurred background and general streaming quality. All camera features will let you show your professionalism as a video creator that no webcam or any action camera can possibly create for this price.
One of its more exciting features intended for video streaming is its reliable autofocus in movie mode that provides gamers and streamers usable AF options while shooting live gameplay.
Overall, great video quality, camera stabilization and the comfortable controlling system make this camera one of the best for gaming.
- Dimensions – Lumix G7 weighs 410 g (0.9 lb) with battery included and measures by 125 x 86 x 77mm. A camera that has a built-in Viewfinder and proper hand grip. A lightweight yet full-packed camera that might need a very simple tripod to hold above the monitor.
- Microphone Type – G7 audio is recorded with its built-in stereo microphone and adjusted in acceptable increments in stereo level adjustments. The stereo microphone works well to document sound, but the quality worsens as the subject moves away from the camera. Good thing, G7 offers a 3.5mm microphone socket.
- Recording – G7 can capture videos 4K UHD videos either at 30/24fps at 100Mbps, MP4 format. This is great for YouTubers and gamers wanting to record for longer. Just be sure to get yourself extra batteries from trusted third-party suppliers.
- Lens and Sensor Type – G7 uses a 16 Megapixel sensor that provides burst shooting speed at 8fps and 6fps with continuous AF and Live-view. This camera suits perfectly at shooting in bright conditions.
The connectivity of G7 has two settings, namely Wi-Fi and WPA/WPA, that let you stream anytime and anywhere with a high-speed internet connection allowing you to connect across various social media platforms.
Thankfully Panasonic G7 completed the list for it to be a qualified SLR for streaming, which is: it has a port for an external microphone; it has HDMI-out that can output live video feed and an excellent 1080p HD video recording resolution.
- It can record videos at 4K UHD and 1080p at 60fps
- Compatible with multiple lenses
- Great autofocus system
- Lots of video and stills options
- Great image stabilization
- It could be too complicated for beginners to use
- No USB in-body charging capacity
Features packed in Panasonic Lumix G7 are highly compelling and appealing for gamers who love to instantly share their gameplay online. It provides an excellent 4K video without breaking your wallet or bank.
4. Canon M50 Mark II – Best All-Around (For Vlogging and Gaming)
Looking for an All-Around camera that could be used for gaming sessions?
According to the budget and features, the newest Canon M50 Mark II is the best in the market!
Equally great as the M50 but have a few enhancements made.
First off, this newer version comes with an updated Digic 8 processor that provides powerful performance which is fantastic for gamers.
It also comes with a new web encoder, wireless live streaming and also a vertical video shooting feature that caters to gamers and content creators to the fullest.
Canon M50 Mark II is equipped with a flip-out screen, clean HDMI out footage records 4K video and 1080p videos.
Moreover, it has new software called EOS Webcam Utility Beta that gives your camera an alternative purpose as a webcam.
As a result, with this new application, the Canon M50 Mark II maintained its excellent dual-pixel autofocus system to focus and track your movements in front of the camera accurately.
Combining all the streaming requirements for a camera, such as the inclusion of a microphone port, integration of Dual Pixel CMOS AF, and Wi-Fi remote control capability makes the EOS M50 Mark II a superb choice for vloggers and streamers are happy to produce a Full HD video.
- Dimensions – Canon M50 Mark II weighs 13.7 ounces (387 g) and measures 4.6 x 3.5 x 2.3 inches making this camera impressively small and compact. It is so tiny that you can fit it in your pocket.
- Microphone Type – The camera’s built-in stereo sound with a dual internal microphone will not function as audio input for your computer and an external microphone connected to Canon M50 Mark II.
- Recording – The EOS M50 II can record 4K Full UHD video at 24fps with a bit rate of 120Mbps, Full HD video at 60fps, and HD video at 120fps.
- Lens and Sensor Type – The Canon M50 uses a 24.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor that provides a native sensitivity range of up to 25,600. With this, it supports a CR3 raw format and provides a new C-RAW lossy compression raw option.
It connects to Windows, Android and with the EOS Webcam Utility Beta, you can now connect with your MAC OS devices.
It includes a Micro USB 2.0 port, a Micro HDMI Type-D port that supports HDMI output of shooting without audio while recording, and a 3.5mm microphone jack.
It has a dedicated Wi-Fi button that makes pairing accessible and fast. Canon Wi-Fi connectivity provides you control over your camera from a computer with full control settings and a live view display.
It offers Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity that automatically transfers photos to your paired smart devices.
- Ergonomic quality is great
- Touch and Drag AF on screen
- Fully articulating “Vari-angle” LCD display touch-sensitive
- Clean HDMI out
- Limited native lens options
- No Dual Pixel AF for 4K videos
- Heavily cropped 4K videos
- Low battery life
- No NFC
The new released Canon M50 Mark II is suited for beginners who want to step up from the world of webcam or smartphone for live-streaming. Equipped with a powerful processor, great autofocus among other features, this camera will definitely take your gaming experience to the next level of streaming.
How to Choose the Right Camera for Gaming?
Often, if you would talk with any YouTuber who is gaming and streaming, you would know that for them, it’s not just playing a game.
They are taking it very seriously and make a full-time income from gaming videos.
This is the main reason why they are investing not only their time but money into filming equipment.
Here are some tips on how to choose a perfect camera for gaming.
This is one of the most important parts that you need to consider before purchasing any type of webcam. First of all, always set your budget and then, according to it, search for the best option in the market.
Usually, you can buy an amazing camera for streaming and gaming just for less than $100.
Audio and Video Quality:
The quality of these two features is really important, especially if you seek to be a professional YouTube game streamer. Quality should be one of the most important parts. People need to see and hear you clearly, look for the best quality webcams.
Here’s the kicker:
Don’t buy a camera that can’t record you at least in Full HD quality 1080p (1920×1080).
This is a fun feature to look for in a webcam. If you can change the background color or theme, it would be fun to make a unique game stream. There are a lot of cameras that offer this feature, along with software options that help you to change it.
Needless to say, if you select a camera that can’t change the background, you can always buy a green screen that will do it.
Usually, people are using a lot of different types of devices, software. Your webcam should be able to connect to different types of PC, laptops, TVs, and different software.
Usually, nowadays, almost all webcams can connect with almost all devices and software, so you don’t need to pay a lot of attention to this feature.
Webcam or a Professional Camera:
It all depends on your budget, level, and knowledge. For example, if you don’t have a big budget, you can definitely choose a webcam, which does its job well.
If you have already tried webcam and streaming game series before and now you feel it is time to upgrade your equipment to a more professional side – then you can also choose a professional camera.
Having a good camera for gaming that fits your requirements is necessary, especially if you take all YouTube video streaming seriously.
People like to watch good quality videos and you are responsible for providing them to your viewers. There are many options to choose from, and even you can find the right one for you from these TOP10 best cameras for gaming.
Needless to say, if you provide awesome quality to your viewers, you will get a really high rating and your game streams will be high-quality.