TOP 10 Best Cameras for Gaming in 2021
How many game lovers do we have in our community? This article will be dedicated to all gaming lovers and we made a completed review of the TOP 10 Best Cameras for Gaming videos and Gamers in 2021.
There are a lot of gamers that like to play the most popular games, do live-stream sessions and upload these types of videos to their YouTube channel.
It is not a secret that you need to start looking for a good quality camera for gaming to produce high-level gaming vlogs.
If you are interested in what type of cameras YouTube gamers are mostly using for their videos and streaming sessions, this article will give you all the necessary information and an unbiased review.
Table of Contents
- TOP 10 Best Cameras for Gaming
- 6 Best Webcams for Gaming
- 1. Logitech C922x – Best Webcam for Gaming in 2021
- 2. Logitech BRIO – Best Camera for Professional Live Streaming
- 3. Logitech C920S – Premium Quality Webcam for YouTube or Twitch Gamers
- 4. Angetube Streaming – Best Budget Web Camera for Gaming in 2021
- 5. Nexigo N680P PRO– High-Quality Webcam For Amazing Gaming Streams
- 6. Logitech StreamCam – Perfect Streaming Web Camera for Gamers
- 4 Best Cameras for Gaming
- How to Choose the Right Camera for Gaming?
TOP 10 Best Cameras for GamingAll gaming cameras from this list were reviewed by vlogtribe.com editors.
6 Best Webcams for Gaming
1. Logitech C922x – Best Webcam for Gaming in 2021
It has the ability to film in full HD quality, and it is suitable if you are planning to use it for YouTube game streaming, video conferencing, or any other social occasion.
The webcam provides excellent autofocus, so you have a sharp and clear frame. You can even film in low-lighting conditions as this webcam is fully capable of adjusting to all lighting conditions.
Furthermore, this camera was No. 1 on the list of TOP 10 Best Webcams for YouTube videos (if you are a fan of web cameras, I highly recommend checking that list!)
Here’s the deal:
You can either pick the Logitech C922x or go with the C922 for your game streaming as both are great webcams.
Just know that although the C922 and C922x have the same features, the C922 includes a tripod while C922x does not.
What’s more, although both cameras come with XSplit licenses, the C922 has only 3 months cover while the C922x is 6 months – all in all, it’s up to you which webcam suits you best.
|Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam 1080P Camera for HD Video Streaming & Recording 720P at 60Fps with...||CHECK THE PRICE|
With the full HD 1080p at 30fps, the Logitech C922 webcam is entirely suitable for high-quality gaming. Also, it has a feature that allows you to change the background. However, you need to install an app called “Chromacam,” which enables you to change the background without having a green screen.
If you do decide to buy a green screen make sure you also purchase a long USB wire (USB-B to USB-mini) since the camera’s cable is somewhat short.
Unfortunately, when it comes to Chromacam, there are some complaints that the app crashes when you want to use it. On the other hand, if it doesn’t crash, it has watermarks limitation and just provides standard image background, unlike a green screen.
Nonetheless, if you still want to use an app instead of a green screen, there are many more software options that you can use for a better game streaming experience.
Furthermore, the built-in microphone hasn’t really improved much from the C922. Therefore for clear audio when streaming or recording you should invest in an external microphone.
Another concern is that you will have to adjust your camera settings every time you restart your computer or run OBS or whatever programs you are using. The reason behind this is because the camera settings always go back to default when the camera is unplugged.
- Dimensions – The Logitech C922x has a dimension of 2.8″ x 1.71″ x 3.74″ and weights 5.7 oz / 162 g (With Clip and Cable). Regular shaped and black in color like all other Logitech webcams, the C922x easily clips on your monitor. Though it doesn’t come with a tripod, the connected folding arm enables it to sit anywhere.
- Microphone Type – Built-in Dual Stereo each trained directionally to allow stereophonic recording. The sound quality is quite good when video conferencing but for streaming and recording, we suggest using an external microphone.
- Recording – Full HD 1080p 30fps or 60fps per second in 720p while applying low correction. This means the video will automatically adjust to the available light thus making the video quality a minor upgrade from the C920.
- Lens and Sensor Type – Full HD Glass Lens, great autofocus, and a 78-degree field of view which is more than enough to squeeze in a second person when on video calls. The wide-angle lens sits in the middle boarded by the stereoscopic microphones on either side.
- Diagonal Field of View – 78° horizontal.
Similar to other Logitech webcams, the C922x is compatible with Windows 7-10, macOS X 10.9 and higher, Google Chrome OS, Android 5.0 (lollipop), Xbox One.
- A very simple design
- Able to film in low-light condition clearly
- The webcam is affordable according to its quality
- Full HD video quality
- Free XSplit license
- Offer background replacement technology
- Doesn’t support 4K
- Doesn’t have built-in flash or Bluetooth
- Cannot easily connect two of these cameras on the same PC
- No privacy cover
Overall, the Logitech C922 camera really does the job by streaming gaming videos at a full HD quality. It is affordable, super easy to setup and as a result new YouTubers and gamers can easily invest some coin into great equipment.
2. Logitech BRIO – Best Camera for Professional Live Streaming
Then go for the Logitech BRIO. A nice upgrade from the C922, the BRIO camera is smooth with great focus and contrast in terms of color and lightning.
Undeniably expensive, the camera comes with a few features popular with gamers and vloggers.
One of them is the easy-to-use privacy filter that is ideal for security-minded users. You only need to snap it on and flip up the shield and you are good to go.
What’s more, apart from working perfectly with Zoom and OBS, the Logitech BRIO works great with virtual backgrounds and green screens which is better than the C920.
|Logitech BRIO Ultra HD Webcam for Video Conferencing, Recording, and Streaming - Black||CHECK THE PRICE|
The Logitech BRIO is a perfect camera for gaming, with responsive autofocus and a crystal-clear picture – if you remember to use good lighting, which is essential for any webcam.
The camera also boasts of background removal which is truly appealing to streamers. Nevertheless, be aware that you need to download the ChromaCam software for the background removal on your PC.
As for other features, the clip perfectly sticks on top of different devices like the LCD monitor, tablet, notebook, or even a tabletop which is every gamer’s hope.
The quality of the video is fantastic especially if you are using OBS for streaming or screencasting.
- Dimensions – The Logitech BRIO weighs 2.2 ounces (62.4g) and measures 4.0 x 1.0 x 1.0 inches. Made with a sleek design, the webcam has a fully adjustable metal stand that enables you to clip the webcam on top of your monitor.
- Microphone Type – Considering its users, the Logitech BRIO Ultra has two built-in omnidirectional microphones which do a very good job when it comes to gaming. For more serious streaming or, vlogging you definitely need to grab yourself a dedicated external microphone.
- Recording – The BRIO is capable of streaming at up to 4K Ultra HD resolution. Nonetheless, if you want to use the 4K capability you will need to equip yourself with a powerful computer. This way you will get resolution at 4K Ultra HD at 30 frames per second or 1080p Full HD at 30 or 60 frames per second.
- Lens and Sensor Type – With Logitech BRIO being a high-end webcam, the lens is made of glass. Moreover, the webcam comes with three fields of view settings. One of the options is the 90 degrees field view, the 78 degrees and 65 degrees respectively. The good news is that you can use all three different fields of view to frame your videos without losing the quality of the video.
Just like other Logitech cameras, the Logitech BRIO is compatible with Windows 7 or higher, macOS 10.10 or higher, Chrome OS 29.0.1547.70, and higher.
There is Google Chromebook™ Version 29.0.1547.70, Platform 4319.79.0 with: 2.4 GHz Intel® Core 2 Duo processor 2 GB RAM.
Remember, you need more hard drive space for recorded videos USB 2.0 port (USB 3.0 ready)
Note that, it also can work as a face detection device on Windows 10 for unlocking your computer through Windows Hello.
- Adjustable field of view
- It has a private shutter
- The camera is simple to install and uses a durable USB Type C to USB 3.0 cord
- Plug and play, easy to use,
- It has a nice weight to give it a premium feel and look.
- 4K resolution video quality
- You must have a USB 3.0 port on your computer in order to use the 4k features
- Lacks optical zoom
Although it is undeniably expensive, the Logitech BRIO does try to live up to its name. Competing with other high-end webcams, the 4K capabilities, privacy cover, as well as unmatched video quality, your gaming experience will never be the same.
3. Logitech C920S – Premium Quality Webcam for YouTube or Twitch Gamers
The webcam is equipped with an incredible autofocus feature and a low-light correction option so that you will be seen clearly in any condition.
Known to record perfectly thanks to its glass lens that produces superior video quality sadly, the camera has almost the same features and specifications as the C920 model.
For an instant, the maximum frame rate of the two webcams is 30 fps. The field of view for both cameras is the same (78o) and even the weight and cable length are similar among other features.
Note that, the only difference is the privacy shutter in the C920s that you can use when you don’t want to record any video as well as for privacy.
|Logitech C920S HD Pro Webcam with Privacy Shutter - Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p...||CHECK THE PRICE|
This Logitech C920S webcam is fully suitable for YouTube gamers because of its great video and audio quality and ability to record in Full HD quality.
In Addition, the webcam will easily clip onto your monitor or a tripod (though no tripod is included in the purchase you can still use a regular tripod). The webcam also plugs into your computer or laptop via a USB port.
As for the microphone, they are decent compared to other cameras even with a bit of background noise from the kids or pets.
Having said that, for crystal clear sound, it is best you invest in a dedicated microphone.
- Dimensions – Identical as the C920, when it comes to design, the C920S has a dimension of 1 x 3.7 x 2.8 inches and weighs 162 grams.
- Microphone Type – Built-in Dual Stereo that delivers your voice clearly while video calling even with a bit of background noise. That said, just like the C920, it won’t hurt to have an external microphone nearby for serious streaming.
- Recording – Full HD 1080p 30fps. Unfortunately, the camera does struggle in a dimly lit room but you can change this by using a light theme i.e. white background, black text. This technique will enable the camera to pick your face in a dark room with no extra light source.
- Lens and Sensor Type – Full HD Glass Lens with swift autofocus during streaming and video calls. The 78° horizontal field-of-view is wide enough to fit you and your co-worker in the frame which is a great benefit for office purposes.
It perfectly works with all Windows releases, Mac OS 10.6 and up, Xbox One, plus perfectly supports the main software like Skype, Google Hangouts, and FaceTime for Mac. Furthermore, it works on Linux using the UVC driver.
- Support Full HD video
- Low-light correction
- Dual-microphone with noise reduction
- Great image quality and autofocus
- Lights up when in use thus enabling you to know when you are recording
- Comes with a flip-up lens cover to safeguard you from accidentally recording
- The price is a bit high for new gamers
- Doesn’t come with a manual
- Most users complain it doesn’t work with window 10
If you are thinking about investing more in your YouTube gamer career, then this webcam is a great idea. It provides you with all the features that you are looking for in a webcam: great audio and video quality, super autofocus and connectivity
4. Angetube Streaming – Best Budget Web Camera for Gaming in 2021
Angetube 1080p HD webcam is most probably designed for streamers with its 1080p HD resolution and built with rim lighting to ensure your face has been lit and be clearly seen through your live-streaming videos.
Physically similar to the Razor Kiyo Streaming Webcam but at a much lower cost, the Angetube is great for streaming games, Skype calls, and hangouts.
Keep in mind; you must download the Skype program from their official page as pre-installed. The Skype app in windows may not work.
An easy to plug and work web camera, you only need to plug in the USB cable and then hang the webcam on your monitor. Nonetheless, if you are using a MacBook Pro, you need to purchase an Apple USB-C to USB adapter.
Back to streaming videos, the camera is exceptionally good although the audio is just average. The good news is that you can install AMCap that allows you to modify various parameters regarding video and audio appearance.
All in all, the overall performance of the camera is more than good for the price you pay for this web camera.
|Angetube Streaming 1080P HD Webcam Built in Adjustable Ring Light and Mic. Advanced autofocus AF Web...||CHECK THE PRICE|
The Angetube webcam is a USB camera that can easily be connected with your smart devices to optimize video streaming on YouTube or Twitch.
With its flexible and user-friendly design, I am sure it will only take 1 second to set up a live broadcast of your gameplay for the season.
As a gamer that uses platforms such as YouTube to teach and lecture about gaming techniques, the Angetube webcam allows you to change your background to have a distinctive presentation. This might help your channel gain and attract more fans and followers.
The Angetube webcam is integrated with a Facial-Enhancement technology that automatically optimizes your best look in videos. It works with a lot of live-streaming software to share your gaming experience with the world in real-time.
Moreover, this webcam is aided with fast and accurate autofocus that lets you be comfortable in front of the camera by keeping your shots steady. It offers an auto light correction system that automatically corrects the light and brightness to the ideal level that you will look best on your videos and show your face clearly.
Most streamers and gamers with who we have talked agree that this camera is the best budget camera for gaming in 2021.
- Dimensions – The Angetube webcam is portable enough to be taken easily anywhere with its size around 2.09 x 2.87 inches and weighs 5.3 ounces (150 g). Lightweight and small enough for gamers and streamers that often change the location for their online videos. The webcam comes with a 3-feet long chord that will help gamers and streamers to choose and have a perfect angle for their videos.
- Microphone Type – The Angetube webcam supports a dual-noise canceling microphone with an amplifier chip to provide you with crystal clear audio. It has an excellent filter for background noise, which is useful for streaming your team’s gameplay session.
- Recording – The webcam is specifically designed for video streaming that can record up to 1080p videos at 30fps. It features an H.264 compression encoding that provides a faster transmission rate for online streaming. This compresses video size without compromising its image quality and video smoothness. It gives an output with MJPEG and H.264 video formats.
- Lens and Sensor Type – One of its noticeable features is its seven layers of glass lens that furnish clear and sharp images and videos integrated with a Manual Focus type allowing you to adjust its setting base on your requirement. The lens favors a 100-degree wide-angle, which is ideal for streaming your gaming session with your teammates. It has no optical distortion that ensures actual images and natural colors are seen in pictures and videos.
It connects with your Xbox console, giving you an incredible gaming experience you can share instantly and live via YouTube or other social media platforms.
It is compatible with live streaming software like OBS Xsplit and a dedicated mixer. It connects with Windows, MAC OS, Google Chrome OS, Android TV, and more with a plug-and-play setup.
- It has 360 degrees swivel
- Great build quality
- Compatible and comfortable to use
- Great value for the price
- Good image quality
- Sold with a microfiber lens cleaning cloth
- The ring light is too bright in some shooting locations.
- Beauty retouch technology is sometimes retouched unrealistically
- It can be hard to find since it is a lesser brand
One of the cheapest webcams to use for YouTube gaming stream in the market. It provides all the basic features that you would need to make a great home-type video blog or stream your gaming session. Moreover, the webcam let gamers publish their games to social media platforms easily with various connection and compatibility with a wide range of software. A competent camera for professional webcam streaming.
5. Nexigo N680P PRO– High-Quality Webcam For Amazing Gaming Streams
According to Nexigo, The 1080P 60FPS Webcam offers a lot of sophisticated technology that will go above and beyond to provide you a clear and sound live-streaming experience in any kind of conditions such as low-light situations.
Nonetheless, compared to the Logitech c920 the Nexigo PRO works better in a regular office with adequate light mostly 5000K unlike a basement office with only 2700K.
Aside from that, the camera doesn’t have an option to set up a portrait view which is a deal-breaker to some users.
Nevertheless no matter its downsides, you don’t need to purchase an additional microphone, because it has a really great quality dual-microphone, which can reduce any unnecessary noise and makes your voice sound clear.
|NexiGo 1080P 60FPS Webcam with Microphone for Streaming, Advanced AutoFocus, w/Privacy Cover and...||CHECK THE PRICE|
NexiGo Pro is the webcam that works well with first-timers in gaming and streaming since it has a simple plug-and-play setup. Does this mean no extra configuration is required?
Although the plug and play sounds nice this means the camera has no drive support meaning there is no way to customize the camera without changing settings constantly in whatever recording software you use.
It features a 3.6mm glass lens that will provide aspiring gamers and streamers with a Full HD video resolution of 1080/60p. It can be used in a wide range of different applications, which means that your imaginations can set the limit but not this webcam.
If you are mostly concerned about your privacy and security for webcams, then the Nexigo Pro will perfectly suit you. It has an easy open/close shutter that allows you to control what you want to show.
Handy specifications for gamers to play privately at the same time you can also let your viewers see your winning face whenever your team wins the game.
This cover also serves as excellent protection to keep the lens from dirt and debris, ensuring your video remains clear.
- Dimensions – Nexigo Pro webcam weighs 7.2 ounces (204 g) and measures 3.81 x 1.81 x 3.54 inches. It is designed with a circular body filled with a LED ring light built around the lens with a foldable mechanism that allows you to carry it anywhere without any hassle easily.
- Microphone Type – The webcam comes with a built-in stereo microphone reinforced with a Noise Cancelling Technology providing your sound to be as good as possible as you look onscreen. A perfect choice for gamers that most likely be in noisy surroundings. It will allow you to capture the sounds you want to. Regarding online live-streaming with a ‘walk and talk video concept,’ you can be five meters away from the camera and can still be heard clearly.
- Recording – Nexigo Pro webcam boasts of delivering excellent video live-streaming videos and records your gaming session. Nevertheless, most users say it doesn’t live up to 1080p at 60fps as they could only get 30fps just like the N680. For the best of the Pro webcam, just make sure you bought the N680p and not the N680 camera.
- Zoom Options – The camera doesn’t have the ability to zoom in and out since it’s a fixed lens but you can look for a third-party program in the market to solve that problem. Also, be aware it is not possible to turn off the autofocus which can be a nuisance.
- Lens and Sensor Type – The NexiGo Pro webcam lays out a 2-megapixel high definition lens that provides clear and bright images under any recording condition. It exhibits a 3.6mm glass lens, which is responsible for sharper and clearer images. It also demonstrates a better focal length with a wide viewing angle of 90 degrees. Most online streaming gamers shoot at their comfort zone, which is their gaming studio, probably an enclosed room with room-lit lighting that makes your face skin tone darker or creates more shadowy reflections on-screen videos. This dilemma has been solved by the Nexigo Pro webcam that automatically white balances and color corrects your video, ensuring that you will always look your best even if you are playing in your bedroom. Thanks to its selfie ring light that offers sufficient light to enhance your on-camera look.
Nexigo Pro webcam utilizes a USB 2.0 connection method for its play and plug set-up. With this, you can connect it to your laptop or PC and instantly benefit from its amazing features.
Nexigo Pro webcam supports various PC operating systems such as Windows, LINUX, MAC OS, Android TV, and Xbox One, Chrome OS. A webcam that has multiple applications like for video conferencing or live-streaming your gameplay.
Nexigo Pro is a versatile webcam, indeed.
- Integrated LED lighting
- 1080p video recording at 60fps
- Sleek design
- Automatic low light correction
- Cannot disable autofocus
- The USB connection has to be installed every time
The Nexigo Pro webcam is the best webcam for online streaming since it guarantees that you look your best even under poor lighting conditions with its various sophisticated technology. A camera ideal for those who wanted to enter the world of live-streaming with great talent and passion but a well-rounded budget option for a new webcam.
6. Logitech StreamCam – Perfect Streaming Web Camera for Gamers
A versatile webcam is great for streaming games on YouTube or Twitch, video conferences and any other social media platforms.
Offering the entire essential for its price, the Logitech StreamCam is perfect for one person frame and the light sensitivity is best compared to a lot of similar webcams.
As for the video quality, it is really awesome though it is not 4K as it only 1080 at 60 fps.
What’s interesting is that it is crystal clear with incredible exposure to either natural or artificial lighting.
The software is really awesome and the support for multiple resolutions and frame rates is a game-changer.
|Logitech StreamCam, Live Streaming Webcam, Full 1080p HD 60fps Vertical Video, Smart auto Focus and...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Equipped with Logitech Capture software, the StreamCam is incredibly easy to use although for serious alternations, you may need to use a different app such as Xsplit or OBS.
However, you should know that even if you are using another app, you need to leave the Logitech Capture open in the background at all times.
When it comes to the design, the camera looks nicely finished and feels great. It also has excellent pictures and good sound compared to other webcams.
Regardless, it does have some annoyance like the cable being not only small but integrated into the camera.
What’s more, automatic switching between portrait and landscape orientation cannot be turned off which means you have to do it manually.
Overall, the camera is great for game streaming compared to other competitive products.
- Dimensions – Logitech StreamCam weights 336 g (11.05oz) and measures 3.2 x 5.4 x 5.4 inches. Made from a unique cubic design, the StreamCam is mounted horizontally or vertically which is great when streaming games.
- Microphone Type – When it comes to the microphone, the StreamCam features two microphones (mono or stereo). In cameras microphones do perform better on a few devices except on the MacBook Pro which seems the latter’s built-in microphone sounds better. Keep in mind, though the raw footage is exceptionally good, unfortunately, you may experience some background noise when recording a video. Point to note, when using the microphone for meetings switch to Dual Mono and not Stereo to ensure you can be heard clearly.
- Recording – Compared to cheaper models, the Logitech StreamCam is designed to record up to 1080p videos at 60fps. This is not only beneficial for gamers but also for YouTubers.
- Lens and Sensor Type – The StreamCam has a premium glass lens that produces vibrant and life image quality. The autofocus diligently adjusts the lens in real-time making it easy to stay into focus when moving towards or away from the camera. Note that the camera has a 78-degree field view which keeps you upfront and center.
The Logitech StreamCam uses the USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C connection method. This enables you to connect to a laptop or PC with a Type-C port. The webcam is known to support various systems such as Windows 10 and above, macOS 10.14 or above, 9th Gen Intel Core i5 processor or later
- Crisp and clear video
- Unique design
- Lots of recording options
- Comes with screen and tripod mounts
- Rotates for vertical video recording
- Comes with no USB to plug into your PC
- Does not come with a tripod
- Doesn’t have any sort of privacy cover either (shutter)
- It’s a bit pricey especially if you are only using it for office purposes
Though it is a bit higher price wise when compared to other Logitech webcams, the Logitech StreamCam has fantastic video quality suitable for streaming as well as other extra options, features, and accessories worth the price.
4 Best Cameras for Gaming
We talked about the best web cameras for gaming and now it is time to check high-quality professional cameras for filming and streaming games on any kind of streaming platform.
Without a doubt, before using one of these cameras for gaming and streaming, make sure you have the right tripod for the camera to hold above your monitor.
1. Sony A7 III – Best Camera for Blurred Background
The Sony A7 III shows off a 42-megapixel sensor combined with a BIONZ X image processor to record videos at UHD 4K resolution up to 30fps.
It offers an HLG and S-Log 3 gamma profiles for a more dynamic range for color toning in the post-production stage.
Constantly compared to the a6400, the SonyA7III is perfect for beginners as well as semi-pro streamers as well as vloggers.
The reason behind this is that apart from their price range, both cameras can shoot 1080p 120fps and have a 4K option (in 24 or 30fps).
What’s more impressive is the Sony A7III has greatly improved from the previous a7 series cameras. From the battery life, autofocusing capabilities as well as other improved features, this camera does top it off as one of the best cameras for gaming.
Note that, since it has so many menu systems options and customization involved, the camera can be a bit overwhelming at first to use.
|Logitech C920S HD Pro Webcam with Privacy Shutter - Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p...||CHECK THE PRICE|
Sony A7 III autofocus system yields a 693-point phase-detection and contrast-detection area, which makes it works perfectly in low-light conditions and maintains focus on subjects more accurately.
With the Sony A7 III reputation for its superior image quality partnered with an advanced and reliable autofocus system, Sony A7 III will undoubtedly be a top choice for professional live streamers on Twitch and YouTube.
Sony finally surprises video vloggers with its 5-axis in-Body Image Stabilization inside Sony A7 III. This Steadyshot minimizes the appearance of camera jitters, effectively producing stable footage with minimal distortion artifacts. A feature perfect for live streamers who often walk and talk while shooting.
- Dimensions – Sony A7 III weighs 650 g (1.4 lb) and measures 5.0 x 3.8 x 2.8 inches with a high-rigidity magnesium alloy body design, making it comfortable to carry through different locations.
- Microphone Type – It has a built-in AC3, Dolby Digital 2ch, Linear PCM stereo microphone that gives your videos clear audio quality. On the other hand, it comes with a silent shutter mode which is great when you want to be inconspicuous.
- Recording – Sony A7 III can record 4K UHD video with the full width of its sensor and stream in 1080p at 60fps. It can record externally 10-bit 4:2:2 color for over an hour. It can continuously shoot up to 8fps in the “live-view” mode with minimal lag on the screen or the viewfinder. Gamers can review their videos on compatible TV with an HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) picture profile available on Sony A7 III that supports Instant HDR workflow.
- Lens and Sensor Type – Sony A7 III features a brand new 12.1MP back-illuminated sensor that makes it the best low-light 4k camera. This sensor makes Sony A7 III records for a prolonged period and can identify subjects in low-light conditions with low sensitivity. Notably, when it comes to its sensor, the A7III doesn’t have an anti-alias filter making it no different from the Nikon D800 and D800E.
Sony A7 III comes with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC allowing you to record and stream simultaneously.
Sony improved its connection ports, making it more appealing for video streaming, including a full-sized HDMI port, both USB-C and micro-USB port present, and both headphones and microphone sockets. Sony A7 III is almost creating abuzz as a great live stream camera when connecting it to a computer via the USB-C port.
- The excellent image stabilization system
- It has a different interchangeable lens
- Top recording quality
- No overheating issues
- Amazing lowlight perfomance which is better than Sony A9 and A7RIII
- Sharpness loss when shooting at 120fps
- Touchscreen limitations can only be used for focusing
- Doesn’t come with a charger although you can purchase a dual charger for less than $50
Sony A7 III jam-packed with video-centric features is a decent camera to consider for new gamers and live streamers stepping up from using a webcam or smartphone for video streaming.
2. Panasonic Lumix GH5 – Best Video Quality for Gaming Streaming Sessions
That is more appealing for professional videographers, such as streaming 4k DCI videos up to 30fps with no recording time limit, 5-axis image stabilization.
Really great specifications for gamers and streamers, right?
The GH5 is a great improvement from the GH4 and GH3 which lacks stabilization.
What’s more, the camera has no overheating issues thus enabling gamers to use it 24/7.
The fold-out screen is amazing too since it will give the gamers the chance to tilt the camera either way they like.
Don’t forget, the GH5 is also appealing for other purposes as you will have the ability to control the camera from your phone via Wi-Fi.
This is perfect especially when it is mounted to a gimbal.
|Panasonic LUMIX GH5 4K Mirrorless Camera with Lecia VARIO-Elmarit 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 Lens (DC-GH5LK)||CHECK THE PRICE|
A significant upgrade of GH5 that gamers and live-streamers appreciate much, is the integration of a 5-axis stabilization system.
It makes it handy for room-lit lighting conditions and hand-held live-streaming videos.
The Lumix Tether for Streaming (Beta) included in Lumix GH5 enables webcam functionality via its USB connection port. This app removed disable all the highlights of Lumix GH5 as a fantastic camera since this will disable the use of focus points, zebra lines, or menus.
Another disappointing news is it only works with the Windows operating system, so MAC OS users might have to wait for the beta system’s upgrade.
Another downside for using GH5 as a webcam is it is very challenging to sync your audio and video. But for this to be of use for live-streaming, it can change create a bokeh-filled background that helps you stand out in your live-stream videos.
The GH5 offers a 225-point autofocus system with a customizable option that allows you to control the speed of how the camera will focus on its subjects. A handy feature for shooting gameplay sessions.
- Dimensions – The GH5 weighs 1.6 lbs (725 g) and has a premium body built with an upgraded rubber grip for comfort and security. With a hefty body and lens put together, you will notice that your wrist hurts after long hours of shooting with GH5.
- Microphone Type – It comes with a built-in microphone that delivers decent sound but prone to wind noise. It revised its audio system by detecting operational noise and omit it from the audio feed it gains from its small microphone. The built-in camera mic is only good enough for sound syncing. So the reason why Panasonic decided to include a 3.5mm Mic Jack with Line input for better audio quality for your live-stream videos.
- Recording – The headline feature of Lumix GH5 is its capacity to record 4K videos up to 60fps with no pixel binning and with the full width of the sensor. In simple terms, there is no cropping when recording 4K videos. It can record 1080p videos up to 180fps. Internal recording creates an 8-bit 4:2:0 IBP encoding format up to 150Mbps. In contrast, it can also output 10-bit 4:2:2 externally from a recorder that ensures that no quality be compensated when you used the standard compression technologies of an ordinary camera. With 150mps data bit-rate, it ensures that you can have the highest quality of 4K video.
- Lens and Sensor Type – The GH5 comes with a 20MP Micro Four Thirds sensor responsible for 4K videos up to 60fps and sharp images.
Its live streaming software is only available for Windows.
It can wirelessly connect through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity using the Panasonic Image App, allowing you to control some camera settings through your paired smart devices remotely. It will enable the easy transfer of images and videos to your laptop/mobile devices.
It includes an HDMI port for 4K output, microphone, headphones, and USB-C ports.
Panasonic GH5 completes the mandatory requirement for streaming, such as HDMI port, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connection, making it live-streaming a piece of cake for its video-centric features.
- Optional Log gamma profile for video
- Dual UHS-II card slots
- Amazing video quality – superb
- TOP class image stabilization
- Fully Articulating Touch Screen
- Great Ergonomics
- Great Battery Life
- Viewfinder resolution drop during high-speed bursts
- Autofocus in the video not so accurate
The GH5 proves its superiority with its spectacular video features perfect for professional video streamers willing to spend much on an excellent piece of equipment. This camera can deliver almost everything at a better phase, which makes it worth it. If you have a decent budget and want to upgrade your streaming gear - this camera is really one of the best for gaming and streaming your sessions online!
3. Panasonic Lumix G7 – Best Professional Budget-Friendly Camera for Gaming
Boasting of the highest Image quality among all Panasonic cameras, the Lumix G7 autofocus operates in video mode it’s a little slow.
This simply means video recording of things moving towards or away from you isn’t recommended.
Luckily the G7 camera suits gamers and vloggers that are well-versed with advanced photography and are into streaming videos for YouTube.
Offering plenty of options in manual mode and a ton of features, the G7 is one of a kind professional budget-friendly camera for gaming.
That said, if you are looking for a mirrorless camera that could be used for streaming and gaming, this is one of the best choices in 2021
|Panasonic Lumix G7 4K Digital Mirrorless Camera Bundle with Lumix G Vario 14-42mm and 45-150mm...||CHECK THE PRICE|
With Panasonic Lumix G7, your video quality might gain an impressive blurred background and general streaming quality. All camera features will let you show your professionalism as a video creator that no webcam or any action cameras can possibly create for this price.
One of its more exciting features intended for video streaming is its reliable autofocus in movie mode that provides gamers and streamers usable AF options while shooting live gameplay.
Overall, great video quality, camera stabilization and the comfortable controlling system make this camera one of the best for gaming.
- Dimensions – Lumix G7 weighs 410 g (0.9 lb) with battery included and measures by 125 x 86 x 77mm. A camera that has a built-in Viewfinder and proper hand grip. A lightweight yet full-packed camera that might need a very simple tripod to hold above the monitor.
- Microphone Type – G7 audio is recorded with its built-in stereo microphone and adjusted in acceptable increments in stereo level adjustments. The stereo microphone works well to document sound, but the quality worsens as the subject moves away from the camera. Good thing, G7 offers a 3.5mm microphone socket.
- Recording – G7 can capture videos 4K UHD videos either at 30/24fps at 100Mbps, MP4 format. This is great for YouTubers and gamers wanting to record for longer. Just be sure to get yourself extra batteries from trusted third-party suppliers.
- Lens and Sensor Type – G7 uses a 16 Megapixel sensor that provides burst shooting speed at 8fps and 6fps with continuous AF and Live-view. This camera suits perfectly at shooting in bright conditions.
The connectivity of G7 has two settings, namely Wi-Fi and WPA/WPA, that let you stream anytime and anywhere with a high-speed internet connection allowing you to connect across various social media platforms.
Thankfully Panasonic G7 completed the list for it to be a qualified SLR for streaming, which is: it has a port for an external microphone; it has HDMI-out that can output live video feed and an excellent 1080p HD video recording resolution.
- It can record videos at 4K UHD and 1080p at 60fps
- Compatible with multiple lenses
- Great autofocus system
- Lots of video and stills options
- Great image stabilization
- It could be too complicated for beginners to use
- No USB in-body charging capacity
The features packed in Panasonic Lumix G7 are highly compelling and appealing for gamers who love to instantly share their gameplay online. It provides an excellent 4K video without breaking your wallet or bank.
4. Canon M50 Mark II – Best All-Around (For Vlogging and Gaming)
According to the budget and features, the newest Canon M50 Mark II is the best in the market!
Equally great as the M50 but have a few enhancements made.
First off, this newer version comes with an updated Digic 8 processor that provides powerful performance which is fantastic for gamers.
It also comes with a new web encoder, wireless live streaming and also a vertical video shooting feature that caters to gamers and content creators to the fullest.
Canon M50 Mark II is equipped with a flip-out screen, clean HDMI out footage records 4K video and 1080p videos.
Moreover, it has new software called EOS Webcam Utility Beta that gives your camera an alternative purpose as a webcam.
As a result, with this new application, the Canon M50 Mark II maintained its excellent dual-pixel autofocus system to focus and track your movements in front of the camera accurately.
Combining all the streaming requirements for a camera, such as the inclusion of a microphone port, integration of Dual Pixel CMOS AF, and Wi-Fi remote control capability makes the EOS M50 Mark II a superb choice for vloggers and streamers are happy to produce a Full HD video.
- Dimensions – Canon M50 Mark II weighs 13.7 ounces (387 g) and measures 4.6 x 3.5 x 2.3 inches making this camera impressively small and compact. It is so tiny that you can fit it in your pocket.
- Microphone Type – The camera’s built-in stereo sound with a dual internal microphone will not function as audio input for your computer and an external microphone connected to Canon M50 Mark II.
- Recording – The EOS M50 II can record 4K Full UHD video at 24fps with a bit rate of 120Mbps, Full HD video at 60fps, and an HD video at 120fps.
- Lens and Sensor Type – The Canon M50 uses a 24.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor that provides a native sensitivity range of up to 25,600. With this, it supports a CR3 raw format and provides a new C-RAW lossy compression raw option.
It connects to Windows, Android and with the EOS Webcam Utility Beta, you can now connect with your MAC OS devices.
It includes a Micro USB 2.0 port, a Micro HDMI Type-D port that supports HDMI output of the shooting without audio while recording, and a 3.5mm microphone jack.
It has a dedicated Wi-Fi button that makes pairing accessible and fast. Canon Wi-Fi connectivity provides you control over your camera from a computer with full control settings and a live view display.
It offers Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity that automatically transfers photos to your paired smart devices.
- Ergonomic quality is great
- Touch and Drag AF on screen
- Fully articulating “Vari-angle” LCD display touch-sensitive
- Clean HDMI out
- Limited native lens options
- No Dual Pixel AF for 4K videos
- Heavily cropped 4K videos
- Low battery life
- No NFC
The new released Canon M50 Mark II is suited for beginners who want to step up from the world of webcam or smartphone for live-streaming. Equipped with a powerful processor, great autofocus among other features, this camera will definitely take your gaming experience to the next level of streaming.
How to Choose the Right Camera for Gaming?
Often, if you would talk with any YouTuber who is gaming and streaming, you would know that for them, it’s not just playing a game.
They are taking it very seriously and make a full-time income from gaming videos.
This is the main reason why they are investing not only their time but money into filming equipment.
Here are some tips on how to choose a perfect camera for gaming.
This is one of the most important parts that you need to consider before purchasing any type of webcam. First of all, always set your budget and then, according to it, search for the best option in the market.
Usually, you can buy an amazing camera for streaming and gaming just for less than $100.
Audio and Video Quality:
The quality of these two features is really important, especially if you seek to be a professional YouTube game streamer. The quality should be one of the most important parts. People need to see and hear you clearly, look for the best quality webcams.
Here’s the kicker:
Don’t buy a camera that can’t record you at least in Full HD quality 1080p (1920×1080).
This is a fun feature to look for in a webcam. If you can change the background color or theme, it would be fun to make a unique game stream. There are a lot of cameras that offer this feature, along with software options that help you to change it.
Needless to say, if you select a camera that can’t change the background, you can always buy a green screen that will do it.
Usually, people are using a lot of different types of devices, software. Your webcam should be able to connect to a different type of PC, laptops, TVs, and different software.
Usually, nowadays, almost all webcams can connect with almost all devices and software, so you don’t need to pay a lot of attention to this feature.
Webcam or a Professional Camera:
It all depends on your budget, level, and knowledge. For example, if you don’t have a big budget, you can definitely choose a webcam, which does its job well.
If you have already tried webcam and streaming game series before and now you feel it is time to upgrade your equipment to a more professional side – then you can also choose a professional camera.
Having a good camera for gaming that fits your requirements is necessary, especially if you take all the YouTube video streaming seriously.
People like to watch good quality videos and you are responsible for providing them to your viewers. There are many options to choose from, and even you can find the right one for you from these TOP10 best cameras for gaming.
Needless to say, if you provide awesome quality to your viewers, you will get a really high rating and your game streams will be high-quality.