Who knows what is the accent challenge?
Here’s the deal:
Nowadays, there are millions of people who love to watch videos on YouTube. For the creators, it is fun to spice up their content, including videos where they do various challenges.
It is not only fun to watch YouTube challenge videos, but it is also fun to create them. Moreover, a lot of YouTubers said that challenges increase the number of views and channel followers.
As a result, this topic is dedicated to cover everything about a very popular accent (tag) challenge.
Table of Contents
What is YouTube Accent Challenge?
Like any other kind of challenge, the Accent Challenge is very fun to watch and to film.
Besides, there are two options for the challenge that you can try.
- The first one – the Tumblr Accent challenge, is where you need to shoot your accent and how do you pronounce the words. There are a lot of countries with multiple pronunciations, so it would be fun to show others that your emphasis is unique – here is the link directly to it.
- The second challenge is called the Ellen Accent Challenge, the fun one, in other words. The Ellen Accent Challenge has over 40 different accents, and all that you need to do is try to mimic them. Needless to say that it was invented by the Ellen DeGeneres Show.
How To Do the Accent Challenge?
Let’s move to the most important part: instruction on how to do and play accent challenge.
As we mentioned before, you can choose from two different types of the Accent Challenge: the Ellen Show Accent Challenge and a Tumblr version.
Let’s start with Tumblr Accent Challenge rules:
How To Do Tumblr Accent Challenge?
The best advice is to start with the less difficult one. The Tumblr accent challenge version is perfect for a start.
Remember, we always suggest you record yourself, people love this type of YouTube content (even if you do it for the first time).
First of all, you can tell your name and your YouTube username. It is an excellent way to introduce yourself and your channel, especially if you are a new YouTuber.
Also, you can tell where you are from. The audience will have an understanding of which accent you are talking about (Canada, the UK, Australia, etc.)
After your intro, you need to pronounce different words:
Accent Tag Word List
Pronounce those words as naturally and as fast as possible.
After these words, you might notice that some countries and accents have different terms.
Also, you can answer these questions to show your audience how do you call particular things in your language. You could use our examples for a start!
Tumblr Accent Challenge Questions
1. How do you call the situation when you throw toilet on a house?
2. How do you call gym footwear?
3. How do you call your grandparents?
4. How do you call a bubbly carbonated drink?
5. How do you call the thing in the supermarket with which you are carrying your groceries?
6. Be a wizard or a vampire?
7. How do you call the phenomenon when rain falls while the sun is shining?
8. How do you call a very close friend?
9. How do you call a device to change the TV channel with?
10. Say any 3 words you want
There are some more, but for a start, it could be enough those 10 questions.
You will be surprised that some words are different in some countries.
To spice up your content and this challenge, pick your favorite book or magazine and read one paragraph of it with your accent. It could turn up funny and exciting.
After you’ve done these little tasks, share your opinion with your audience – do you think that you have an accent?
Some people believe that they don’t have an accent. However, you would be able to feel the difference between the UK residents and Canadian residents, that is for sure.
How To Do Ellen Accent Challenge?
Ellen Show Accent Challenge is a bit different from the Tumblr version.
You can get creative and make your accent challenge. However, in the video below, you can see one way that you can try to film the challenge.
You can write different types of accents on the cardboard and give it to your partner.
Then, he or she holds the name of the accent on top of the head, and you need to start speaking in that accent. Your partners need to guess the accent. Simple and very funny!Here is the list for the Ellen Show Accent Challenge:
- American Accent
- Australian Accent
- Bogan Accent
- British Accent
- Brooklyn Accent
- Canadian English Accent
- Chinese Accent
- Colombian Accent
- Cornwall Accent
- Dublin Accent
- Filipino Accent
- French Accent
- Ghanaian English Accent
- Glasgow Accent
- Indian Accent
- Irish Accent
- Italian Accent
- Japanese Accent
- Korean Accent
- Latin American Accent
- Liverpool Accent
- London Accent
- New York Accent
- Northern Ireland Accent
- Pakistani English Accent
- Pidgin English Accent
- Russian Accent
- Polish Accent
- Scandinavian Accent
- Scottish Accent
- Scouse accent
- South American Accent
- Spanish Accent
- Texan Accent
- Welsh Accent
- Yorkshire Accent
You could always add even more or delete some of these easily.
Also, we are providing a few more questions if you want to answer on your Accent Challenge video.
1. Where do you buy your food from?
2. How do you call the traditional dish in your country?
3. How do you call your godfather and godmother?
4. How do you call the additional – extra wheel in your car?
5. How do you prevent skin disease?
6. With what you are cleaning your shoes?
7. How do you call a very close friend?
8. Name the thing that protects you from the rain?
9. How do you send letters?
10. Name the spread on burgers that makes them tastier?
11. How do you call people who like to play a lot of video games?
12. The thing that captures pictures?
13. What words do you say first thing in the morning to greet somebody?
14. What do you call the passenger’s seat beside the driver?
15. How do you call a person who lied to you?
The Accent tag is one of the most entertaining YouTube challenges which is a perfect way to have a great time with your friends or family and put the trending video on our YouTube channel.
Besides, people are interested in different kinds of accents all across the world so that you can show your accent to them.
Have a nice time!